PDA

View Full Version : Bsa head

alf
07-21-2012, 6:08 PM
When i bought my "66 bsa lightning" the head was off and in a separate box i looked at it but didnt inspect it. Today i was looking at it and the holes for the carb bolts are vertical not horizontal. I went on the amal website and none of their carbs have vertical bolt holes any ideas ??

alf
07-21-2012, 6:49 PM
Think it i may have figured it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems to have a manifold that bolts on to the vertical holes and it has single carbs

alf
07-25-2012, 4:29 PM
anyone know where i can find a diagram to know what bolt goes where on the 67 thunderbolt single carb head ?

alf
07-29-2012, 3:16 PM
I got a single carb head and a double carb head which would give more power im guessing double carb ? With 930 ?

signal9
07-30-2012, 7:34 AM
anyone know where i can find a diagram to know what bolt goes where on the 67 thunderbolt single carb head ?

Slide over to the Jockey Journal and look around for PDFs of the parts and service manuals. That should give you everything you need.

signal9
07-30-2012, 7:35 AM
I got a single carb head and a double carb head which would give more power im guessing double carb ? With 930 ?

I would guess so, but I don't really know. Is the only difference between the Lightning and Thunderbolt the carb configuration? I think so, but I'm not sure.