PDA

View Full Version : Triumph , WIDER axle ??

HumblePie68
07-21-2012, 8:12 AM
Who makes a wider than stock rear axle for Triumph ? ( mid 60's ), Someone put a bolt on hardtail on the bike, and well...you get the idea,,,Need something bout 1" wider/ longer than stock, might I find what I need on another Triumph model ?

Torch
07-21-2012, 10:38 AM
you could also change the hardtail to a correctly made one

HumblePie68
07-21-2012, 11:10 AM
you could also change the hardtail to a correctly made one

well trying to work with what I have

Choppedtriumphs
07-22-2012, 4:17 AM
I hear ya,..Can you post a couple pictures of the whole bike? it might make it easier to grasp what you're working with..

On the older bolt on hardtails the rear axle was usually longer then the hardtails were wide?

HumblePie68
07-22-2012, 5:40 AM
I hear ya,..Can you post a couple pictures of the whole bike? it might make it easier to grasp what you're working with..

On the older bolt on hardtails the rear axle was usually longer then the hardtails were wide?

I have an Invader that for Triumph that I plan to put on , but is eay to tell whoever built the bike was lazy and jut bent the rail over to make it fit.,,, may just have a friend make me one to fit, but if they exist would like to buy a few

Torch
07-22-2012, 8:29 AM
remember... what ever width wheel you put in there the chain sprockets have to be in line.

HumblePie68
07-22-2012, 8:48 AM
remember... what ever width wheel you put in there the chain sprockets have to be in line.

This one is goo that way. but yes,,been down the road before witha 16" wheel