PDA

View Full Version : hudson valley ny area/nyc area/ conn area

Gearjammer13
07-19-2012, 9:31 AM
im always down for riding and hanging out, lets do it before the season burns up.

Huero
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Any of the guys on the map (here) (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=328073) you can hit up...if you scroll over there orange marker, a name and email address should populate.

I'm in the the Hudson Valley (Cornwall to be exact) and will be up for some riding when I get back from PA around 1st week of August.

~Huero

Gearjammer13
07-20-2012, 1:45 PM
Any of the guys on the map (here) (http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=328073) you can hit up...if you scroll over there orange marker, a name and email address should populate.

I'm in the the Hudson Valley (Cornwall to be exact) and will be up for some riding when I get back from PA around 1st week of August.

~Huero

hit me up when you get back, im locked outta my job (temp laid off) lol, so i got a lil more free time on my hands. me and hrk123 (Aaron) always ride and hang together and always looking for local or fairly local peeps to ride and hang with.

NIGHTTIGER666
08-04-2012, 1:45 PM
Jersey City. I hope to be back on the road in a few weeks after this crash last night.

Gearjammer13
08-22-2012, 7:44 PM
sup to be nice this weekend, anyone wanna ride?

texpike
09-04-2012, 1:14 PM
Im in new paltz, ny. Just started riding in may, so my sporty isn't very unique yet, but im down to ride most weekends...

Anyone who can help show me how to do some work on this thing this winter would be appreciated as well. Hit me up. Email is tex_eccc@hotmail.com.

texpike
09-04-2012, 1:17 PM
Btw, if anyone is planning on riding 218 in Cornwall today (9/3/12), be aware there was just a very bad 2 car accident at the overlook point, with injuries, and they are completely blocking the road. Ambulance had to circle around 9w from Cornwall, just passed west point's Washington gate. Word is, its gonna be closed for a while.

Huero
09-04-2012, 1:52 PM
Btw, if anyone is planning on riding 218 in Cornwall today (9/3/12), be aware there was just a very bad 2 car accident at the overlook point, with injuries, and they are completely blocking the road. Ambulance had to circle around 9w from Cornwall, just passed west point's Washington gate. Word is, its gonna be closed for a while.

Thanks man, I usually go home that way and should be leaving in just a few minutes...do you work near Cornwall/West Point?

"speedandnoise" is up there in New Paltz also...

texpike
09-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Im one of the access control officers at west point. I was working Washington gate yesterday. You work at west point? I rode in today, its supposed to be nice riding weather the next couple days. Look like they had 218 closed today, tho :-(

Huero
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Im one of the access control officers at west point. I was working Washington gate yesterday. You work at west point? I rode in today, its supposed to be nice riding weather the next couple days. Look like they had 218 closed today, tho :-(

Yeah, I work there...I usually come in through Stony but I use Washington now and then. I'm the guy with the old white '69 Chevy truck on post; you can't miss me!

backwithabang
09-05-2012, 1:42 PM
Just wanna chime in that you guys are lucky with some damn fine riding out there. The roads, hills, turns are insane I hit some up once and shit I wasn't expecting had me feeling like a noob, the bike lifting when I wasn't expecting it and left brown streaks in my boxers.

texpike
09-05-2012, 5:41 PM
Huero: I think I remember the truck. I've got an '80 f100 stepside back home in MS that I plan on restoring at some point in the near future. But I can't put a face with it on your truck. I usually work swings, too, not sure if I've ever checked you coming in the gates, just seen it leaving. Got a pic of your bike? That would actually prolly stand out more in my mind. Also, I'm working Thayer tonight, Washington tomorrow afternoon, and stony I think on Friday. Feel free to stop by and say hi. I'm the tall white guy in the blue shirt. Just ask for the southerner if I'm not actually checking you when you come through, haha.

Backwithabang: people keep telling me that. I wouldn't really know, as I just got my license in may for the first time, so I'm actually still learning to ride. But I guess if I can ride here, I can ride damn near anywhere. But I know this: 218 is scary at night. Lots of blind turns around rock faces. Met a guy in a semi who didn't dim his lights my first time riding home at night, blinded me for a second, I almost put it into the wall.... On the river side, so if I had I prolly would have gone off the cliff. Scary shit. I didn't ride in to work for almost a week after that. And I still usually avoid 218 at night now.

Gearjammer13
09-06-2012, 3:42 PM
good roads over there, i hit storm king mtn all the time. alot in of great roads in the whole hudson valley area

northeasteric
09-14-2012, 2:14 PM
just moved from kansas city, missouri to danbury, ct area. don't even know where to start, i'm down to ride where ev... hit me up on the pm.

SingSing
09-15-2012, 4:27 PM
Dude, hit me up! I can meet u either over at WillyB or in the village in NYC! lets crunch some gears man! 914 215 0494
or 1-800-BAD-MUTHAFUCKA...LOL

dannybing
09-28-2012, 2:47 AM
Hey whats going on guys , i just moved to wappingers falls and don't really know too many people on this side of the river, i know its getting cold and the season is coming to an end ( and my ironhead is in pieces) but im always looking for some guys to talk with and trade parts here and there . Hopefully this weekend if all goes right i will have a pan head frame too

texpike
10-03-2012, 9:45 PM
Danny, im right across the river from you. Short lil ride. Im gonna try and ride Saturday if the weather is nice, around in the shawangunks... Anyone want to cruise, hit me up with a txt. 6014153116.

idonttkso
10-11-2012, 6:43 PM
hey, i don't get any info on that map. what's up how do you get on it

Gearjammer13
10-15-2012, 3:14 PM
hey, i don't get any info on that map. what's up how do you get on it

after you eneter the password somtimes you havta back outta the map page and click on it again

SingSing
10-27-2012, 4:06 PM
Hey yo Gears hit me up. Still a few good days out here to be had....

texpike
05-08-2013, 8:53 AM
Anyone in this area know anyone with a bike to sell? Gotta buddy lookin for a Harley. He wants a dyna or a softie but he's willing to look at just about any Harley for the right price. Lmk. He's an active duty soldier at West Point.

Huero
05-08-2013, 9:39 AM
Hey man, I work at West Point and I got a Ironhead chop that I could let go for cheap if he's interested.

texpike
05-23-2013, 5:30 PM
Hey sorry it took so long to reply, but between starting back to work and buying new tins and a hf spray gun to work on my pos, i missed your reply. I'll let him know about it tho. Got pics? Mileage, ballpark figure?

Ive actually Just started back to work this Week, ive been out since easter with a fracture in my right foot... my riding season this year is pretty much shot, unfortunately. Looks like my apartment's insurance may end up offering me a nice settlement, which, while it won't give me back all the nice days of riding ive missed so far, it should go a long way towards putting a smile back on my face lol

Ansutton21
06-11-2013, 6:55 PM
Whats up goobers, I just moved out here to Hyde Park from San Diego, Im here to class this joint up. If anyone is going to Rhinebeck this weekend hit me up. Gonna try to roll up sat morning.
707-849-2678 - Austin

TheFatGuido
06-13-2013, 2:34 PM
Friday is gunna be rainy but me and a few friends will be up in Rhinebeck for the meet and chopper show Saturday, think imma take the truck up to haul parts back but it should be sweet.

NIGHTTIGER666
06-17-2013, 9:28 PM
Got my scoot going. I'm in Jersey City. Let's party.

Huero
06-18-2013, 5:33 AM
Got my scoot going. I'm in Jersey City. Let's party.

You missed a great ride to Rhinebeck last weekend, I'll ride in to Strange Days but that's probably pretty close to you, right?

NIGHTTIGER666
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, a little over an hour. I like to ride down to Belmar/Asbury as much as possible and chill on the beach as well as the Palisades Park ride under the GWB. It'd be cool to set something up to go to the Motorcyclepedia in Newburgh, NY

texpike
07-14-2013, 3:18 PM
Im riding again, foots not 100% but its good enough to ride. Just got my scoot put back together last week, as well. Anyone down to ride? Heuro, what day are you furloughed or are you exempted like me? I wanna put some miles on my pig!

Huero
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Im riding again, foots not 100% but its good enough to ride. Just got my scoot put back together last week, as well. Anyone down to ride? Heuro, what day are you furloughed or are you exempted like me? I wanna put some miles on my pig!

Nah, no exemption on my end. My furlough days have been divided up so that I just leave work a couple of hours earlier...that allows me to carpool home with my ol lady. I am trying to hook up a oil tank to my bike so I should be up for riding in the next week . You gonna go to Strange Days in NJ?

texpike
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Nah, no exemption on my end. My furlough days have been divided up so that I just leave work a couple of hours earlier...that allows me to carpool home with my ol lady. I am trying to hook up a oil tank to my bike so I should be up for riding in the next week . You gonna go to Strange Days in NJ?

When is it? In all likely hood i prolly won't be but if im able to i wouldn't mind riding down for a day with someone.

Im not gonna be riding for a week unless i have someone with me tho. I went down on 218 on Friday leaving work and broke one of my rear turn signals. Ordered the bolt i need to fix it from the stealership in Newburgh but its not gonna be in til the end of the week/ early next week. Was very lucky, barely had any damage to myself or the bike and was able to ride it home, i just dont feel as safe without my signals. Gonna have to order a new lower triple as well, i broke one of the lower fork stops off :-( anyways, im gonna MSG you my cell so you can get at me when you get yours together. I find im not checking this board enough here lately.

Edit: looks like i missed it, it was this past Friday, right?