PDA

View Full Version : Line Up / Rear Tire.....any thoughts?

Suninla
07-16-2012, 6:59 PM
I just got a new rear wheel for my triumph chopper. 16"invader with a drum brake. My issue is that when I mount it, with the proper spacing and clearance it sits way over on the left side. Anyone else have this issue and how are you feeling and dealing.

LDNCLR
07-16-2012, 7:52 PM
try hitting the guys up in the british section. The traffic there will be more knowledgeable on your situation.

starwolf
07-17-2012, 4:44 AM
.....I think this is a double post , but what the hell, I've almost got my free shirt. I was informed by a professional bike builder (Torch) that it does not matter if the back wheel is off centered from the front wheel, as long as both are straight and true, and the final drive chain is nice, straight and aligned. You shouldn't have any issues with "dog trackin" going down the road. Though you may feel like you need to pluck your eyeballs out with a spork and light your empty eye sockets on fire, every time you look at it from the rear.
There's also something about a spacer or some shit, but it eludes me, dig around here in the Brit section, I know there has been posts on this,and the elusive spacer in the past.