PDA

View Full Version : 71 t120 help

chirp82
07-12-2012, 7:20 PM
I rode my bike around the block on Sunday with no problems. Just went in the garage and noticed a big oil puddle under the bike , I know triumphs leak but this is different . The oil tank is empty every last drop, it looks to have leaked out on the left side of the bike where the circle plate with the three holes that covers the rotor. Not sure what it's called . I will post pictures . Any suggestions? Thanks

TheLakewoodKid2
07-12-2012, 8:27 PM
Primary side the cover with the three holes is your stator cover

Torch
07-12-2012, 8:47 PM
very likely the check valve in the supply side of your oil pump has some debris jammed in it and all the oil drained out of the tank and into the bottom of the engine, it's called sumping.
now your engine and primary case is filled with oil and it's starting to seep out of the timing cover.

the correct fix is to stand the bike up very straight and open the large plug on the bottom and let all the oil drain out over night, then you should open up the cam cover and remove and dismantle and clean the oil pump.

Or you could just fire it up and let it throw-up all the oil and maybe free up the oil pump.

chirp82
07-13-2012, 2:33 PM
thanks tony

chirp82
08-30-2012, 10:59 AM
So i took the oil pump out cleaned it, cleaned all the lines out , put everything back together, Now im trying to start the bike getting nothing but kick back. The bike always started second kick, I hope i didnt fuck something up.

MrsEsterhouse16
08-30-2012, 5:13 PM
I don't think you fucked anything up, you just did not get the timing back were it should be.

chirp82
08-31-2012, 9:35 AM
By timing do you mean the green circle ignition thing? I made marks on it, thought i put it at the correct angle but it could be off. Does the circle part behind the ignition thats held on by the allen have to be put on a certian way. Thanks for the help

MrsEsterhouse16
09-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Do some searching on setting static timing. Sorry I'm not a very good teacher.

chirp82
09-01-2012, 5:09 PM
Thanks I've been searching , this is driving me crazy , I got it to stop kicking back but I can't get the fucking thing to start ,

RetroRob
09-01-2012, 6:45 PM
Check your messages