PDA

View Full Version : BNR Belt-drive 67 TR6 install help

theBastardSons
07-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Hey guys. New to the forums so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I bought a bob newby belt drive for my 67 triumph TR6. It did not come with any installation instructions. I know I already had to install a longer stator bolt and then cut it back. Has anyone ever installed one of these that could help guide me through this? What are the clearnaces for stator/rotor? A buddy of mine installed it but I'm not so sure its installed correctly. I haven't fired up the bike yet. I'm a noob at all of this. Thanks for any help offered.

Chas
07-05-2012, 8:05 AM
Did you buy new? If so have you emailed Bob?

Torch
07-05-2012, 8:57 AM
the kit usually comes with a bag of 5/16" flat washers, we put 5 or 6 on the studs "behind the stator" on the two long studs.
and then 5 or 6 between "the short stud and the engine case" extending that stud out equally to get just enough clearance between the stator and the belt sprocket.
don't worry about the rotor not being centered in the stator, it will work fine.

Some engines have a spacer between the old chain sprocket and the crank bearing, you may have to remove that to get proper sealing depth into the crank seal of the new belt sprocket.

1970 and later motors need a crank case breather put in the crank timing pin plug, and it's common to get a little oil weep out of the crank seal.

don't over tighten the spring nuts, it has 6 springs so it doesn't need to too much spring pressure.

we sell the shit out of the BNR clutches
When it's all done, you're gonna love it.