PDA

View Full Version : NoVA D.C. Area CC members?

Apperil
06-27-2012, 5:40 PM
Hi guys!

New member here; I didnt see an existing thread and I'm trying to see if there are any other CC'ers in the Northern VA./ D.C area that want to go out for rides, work on bikes and what not.

Bueller?

bron964
07-02-2012, 4:15 PM
i'm in Fredericksburg which is about 50 some miles south of you. i'm down for some riding. :cheersmate:

Heis
07-03-2012, 1:40 PM
In Fairfax. Always down for riding.

Apperil
07-05-2012, 3:15 PM
Sweet!...good to know there's at least 3 of us here! I would've thought more with all the riders I see around the area.

SelfDestruct81
07-09-2012, 11:15 PM
i'm about 40 minutes from dc

Vassago
08-13-2012, 11:29 AM
15 min outside DC in MD

PunX
08-13-2012, 3:36 PM
30 mins N of DC in Frederick

Sumper
08-14-2012, 8:00 PM
Hi. I am in Alexandria, VA. Would like to find other drag racers or anybody interested into getting into it. I am running a vintage 1976 KZ1000 and am new at the sport. I also ride a 1972 triumph bobber. Send email to GStoneCo@verizon.net. Glen

Jeffy
08-16-2012, 1:08 AM
You got yourself a full bred smib right here. Got several dudes down this way I ride with. Couple up nprthern md. And we like to ride out to Fredericksburg on the regular for some sonic!

Heis
08-20-2012, 7:41 PM
You got yourself a full bred smib right here. Got several dudes down this way I ride with. Couple up nprthern md. And we like to ride out to Fredericksburg on the regular for some sonic!

sonic is whats up. Fredericksburg or Winchester are the closest ones so were always there.

Got a group riding from Fairfax to Front Royal and then doing skyline drive to charlottesville this weekend if anyone is interested. Leaving sat morning at 7:30am

fbs2s
08-21-2012, 7:39 AM
I'm also in Fairfax

melville
08-28-2012, 2:56 PM
I'm right in NE DC. Down to ride, wrench, swap, whatever.

melville
08-28-2012, 3:14 PM
In fact, anyone down to ride to the No Dice show coming up in York, PA?

PunX
08-29-2012, 8:38 AM
In fact, anyone down to ride to the No Dice show coming up in York, PA?

When is it?

melville
08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.freakoutthesquares.com/category/no-dice/

Misfitcj
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
in southern MD, lexington park area.

expecting new baby this month, depends on show time of said baby

bbillington
09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
New to the site. I'm in Falls Church. I work for myself and wrench most every day. I'd be down to ride to the show in York.

B

fbs2s
09-05-2012, 3:35 PM
New to the site. I'm in Falls Church. I work for myself and wrench most every day. I'd be down to ride to the show in York.

B

I may be able to ride up to York to.

bbillington
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I may be able to ride up to York to.

cool. I'm down.

Anyone going to the Bike wash/swap in Manasshole this weekend? I'm hoping to scrounge some parts but mostly it's an excuse to get out for a few hours. Yeah... I know, it'll probably suck but it's pretty close by.

fbs2s
09-07-2012, 10:35 AM
cool. I'm down.

Anyone going to the Bike wash/swap in Manasshole this weekend? I'm hoping to scrounge some parts but mostly it's an excuse to get out for a few hours. Yeah... I know, it'll probably suck but it's pretty close by.

I'll be heading down to check it out around noon.

dazegoneby
09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi. I am in Alexandria, VA. Would like to find other drag racers or anybody interested into getting into it. I am running a vintage 1976 KZ1000 and am new at the sport. I also ride a 1972 triumph bobber. Send email to GStoneCo@verizon.net. Glen

we have drags every fri sat night weather permiting ,at natural bridge, drag strip natural bridge va,,,, yeah kinda south and west for you guys but worth the ride,,,64 west to 1/81 south,exit natural brige route 11

JHK
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I was wondering where the nearest Sonic was, since I see commercials around here, but I know there isn't one locally. This is both good to know and .... depressing. I was hoping there was one close enough to roll into hungover on a Sunday morning. I guess Checkers will have to do.

I'm in Rockville, MD, next to DC.

By the way, anyone know where I might locate a fairly cheap Ironhead? Besides Craigslist? I'm looking to go frisco or crazy orange style on one.

bbillington
09-18-2012, 1:56 PM
By the way, anyone know where I might locate a fairly cheap Ironhead? Besides Craigslist? I'm looking to go frisco or crazy orange style on one.

Craigslist. :) They don't last long. My risk is often rewarded when I move fast on bikes from ads that are poorly written, lacking pictures, that sort of thing.

JHK
09-18-2012, 4:14 PM
Thanks bbillington. Hahah. Those ads always scare me. I mean, if there's no picture, what kind of oil-leaking-rusted-out-mud-troll is going to be waiting for me on the other end? As for the poorly-written ads, I have the same question -- about the owner.

Actually, while I'm still on the lookout for Ironheads, I started looking at new(ish) Honda Shadows, of all things. I have an old CB but Honda's styling has tumbled off a cliff since the early 80s, in my opinion. Having said that, I'm starting to see the virtue in them. They can be had almost new, for a song. It's all about customization potential, anyway. Or at least that's my thought process at his point...

dazegoneby
09-18-2012, 8:34 PM
hate to say,,,,,, c/l harrison burg Va, 1975 sporty basket 1500,,,like last week

PunX
09-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I was wondering where the nearest Sonic was, since I see commercials around here, but I know there isn't one locally. This is both good to know and .... depressing. I was hoping there was one close enough to roll into hungover on a Sunday morning. I guess Checkers will have to do.

I'm in Rockville, MD, next to DC.

There's a Sonic somewhere in NOVA, but I'm not certain on where it is. They're supposed to be building one off Rockville Pike, but it's just been heresay for a couple of years as far as I know. The closest one that I actually know of is in Hannover, PA. Haven't been there in years myself. If you ever want to make a run up there, I'd be down.

I have an Ironhead myself BTW. Live in Frederick, work in Bethesda.

bbillington
09-28-2012, 6:06 AM
Two shows this weekend... No dice in York and the Brit show in Manassas... Tough choice. What are you folks doing tomorrow?

edit: Brit show is next Sunday, not this Sunday. oops

PunX
09-28-2012, 9:49 AM
I'll be in Gettysburg tomorrow visiting fam. If I can steal my old mans bike for a bit while I'm up there I may check out No Dice.

coolarrow
10-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Does anyone in the DMV area still ride during the winter? All I see around here are touring BMW's or V-Strom's, maybe a couple baggers. I was looking to find some folks to ride out to skyline sometime soon.

JMLewis87
11-05-2013, 3:28 PM
Does anyone in the DMV area still ride during the winter? All I see around here are touring BMW's or V-Strom's, maybe a couple baggers. I was looking to find some folks to ride out to skyline sometime soon.

I still ride through the winter as much as I can, I live out in Warrenton, VA so I'm not too far away from skyline. Lots and lots of very scenic back roads around here and some great riding. Definitely down to meet up with some other 33'ers if we could get something going ride wise.

mooster
11-05-2013, 5:46 PM
Bbillington and JHK

I have an ironhead that is not a piece of shit. check out my photos. I prefer to barter versus cash. Take a look and see if you like it.

Im in Harpers Ferry Area.... If not..always up for a ride...

krb
11-15-2013, 10:26 PM
I ride year round but I'm one of those middle-aged fuckers on a bagger.

Not a big fan of Skyline itself but there are some other roads out that way that are really nice.

coolarrow
11-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I ride year round but I'm one of those middle-aged fuckers on a bagger.

Not a big fan of Skyline itself but there are some other roads out that way that are really nice.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you're riding. What are your thoughts on partnering up with other bikers in traffic? I usually fall in behind another bike when I take the HOV in, but I didnt know if I was just annoying other riders or its an ok thing to do. My thoughts were that there is more safety in numbers.

krb
11-20-2013, 3:55 PM
Nothing wrong with that as long as you're riding. What are your thoughts on partnering up with other bikers in traffic? I usually fall in behind another bike when I take the HOV in, but I didnt know if I was just annoying other riders or its an ok thing to do. My thoughts were that there is more safety in numbers.

Like you said, safety in numbers.

I don't crowd them and I generally won't run as tight as I would if I was in a pack of guys I know, but normally when I come up behind another bike they'll slide over so I can just fall into formation with them.

coolarrow
11-22-2013, 9:57 AM
Like you said, safety in numbers.

I don't crowd them and I generally won't run as tight as I would if I was in a pack of guys I know, but normally when I come up behind another bike they'll slide over so I can just fall into formation with them.

Funny story (hee hee, not har har). I partnered up with a middle aged guy on a Harley bagger the other day and an Explorer cut me off between the two of us. I ride a tiny lil 86 VT500 bobber but have straight pipes on it, so I revved pretty loud but they didnt see or hear me. I braked and they missed me. I kept going on down the 14th street bridge, no harm done. The guy on the bagger road raged out! Pulled over on the shoulder let the explorer pass and then drove on the shoulder to the drivers window and was shaking his fist and flipping the driver off. Then fell back in formation with me behind the SUV and still flipped them off and was waving his arms. I felt like he was trying to be my knight in shining armor, I laughed about it later once I got to work that morning.

krb
11-22-2013, 3:51 PM
Pulled over on the shoulder let the explorer pass and then drove on the shoulder to the drivers window and was shaking his fist and flipping the driver off.
I've done similar but rather than all the fist shaking I slap their side mirror closed since they obviously aren't using it.

Sunkensouls
11-30-2013, 10:10 PM
I still ride through the winter as much as I can, I live out in Warrenton, VA so I'm not too far away from skyline. Lots and lots of very scenic back roads around here and some great riding. Definitely down to meet up with some other 33'ers if we could get something going ride wise.

I am in Alexandria and ride year round. Froze my ass off yesterday. I'd be down for a run.

Misfitcj
12-01-2013, 8:08 AM
I was attempting to get something together today........I am coming up from the southern Maryland ( lexington park area) now I got stuff going on and can't do it. Would like to get a first of the year cold ass ride together for our areas. Just need local spots to grab some foods and stuff. thoughts?

ltr Pat

coolarrow
12-02-2013, 2:36 PM
I was attempting to get something together today........I am coming up from the southern Maryland ( lexington park area) now I got stuff going on and can't do it. Would like to get a first of the year cold ass ride together for our areas. Just need local spots to grab some foods and stuff. thoughts?

ltr Pat

We could set something up for the weekend of the 4th. Maybe meet up somewhere in Centerville, grab some breakfast and gas, kick stands up around 930, then out to skyline or some other ride out towards the WV state line.

We could call it the New Year's Balls Cold ride.

Misfitcj
12-02-2013, 4:14 PM
blamo.....I can plan around that.
Secondly the name is solid.
tertiary how does Sunday instead sound 5th Jan?

ltr Pat

coolarrow
12-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Anybody else in for the 4th? Hopefully someone with a good camera.

krb
12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Anybody else in for the 4th? Hopefully someone with a good camera.

Yes on both counts, so long as it ain't snowing or iced up.

JMLewis87
12-18-2013, 10:37 PM
We could set something up for the weekend of the 4th. Maybe meet up somewhere in Centerville, grab some breakfast and gas, kick stands up around 930, then out to skyline or some other ride out towards the WV state line.

We could call it the New Year's Balls Cold ride.

I am absolutely 100% down for this if we manage to set something up.

coolarrow
12-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Looks like we have 5 riders! Seems like plenty to me. I say we meet up in Centerville at the IHOP off of 29 by 66 around 8am on Sunday the 5th. Kickstands up at 9~930. Hopefully the weather holds up, I'll ride as long as its not raining or snowing/icing.

Any suggestions on the route? I was thinking Skyline, but not sure how it would be this time of year.

krb
12-19-2013, 3:02 PM
Any suggestions on the route? I was thinking Skyline, but not sure how it would be this time of year.

Off the top of my head: http://goo.gl/maps/X5MZG

If Skyline is closed or we vote against paying the entrance fee then I'd suggest: http://goo.gl/maps/iPf7t

Both of those routes start at the C-ville IHOP and end at the Sheetz in Haymarket.

JMLewis87
12-19-2013, 7:03 PM
I live in Warrenton but have no problems with riding out to centreville. There are actually some really awesome back roads out my way so we could carry on from Haymarket out towards Marshall and maybe even further if people are interested. Definitely looking forward to this, hopefully the weather is mild enough.

krb
12-19-2013, 9:12 PM
I live in Warrenton but have no problems with riding out to centreville. There are actually some really awesome back roads out my way so we could carry on from Haymarket out towards Marshall and maybe even further if people are interested. Definitely looking forward to this, hopefully the weather is mild enough.
Mike, take a look at the 2 routes I posted.

coolarrow
12-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd say we go with this one so we dont have to depend on the park being open or not.

http://goo.gl/maps/iPf7t

toast
12-27-2013, 8:38 PM
New in town! Just moved from San Diego to Frederick, MD. What's good?

krb
12-30-2013, 4:37 PM
The forecast for Saturday is on the cold side. You guys still up for this?

coolarrow
12-31-2013, 7:42 AM
Rode my bike down to virginia beach and now only one cylinder is firing. Gonna put in some hours trying to fix it this week. If I can't get it working right I'm gonna have to bow out.

coolarrow
01-04-2014, 9:24 AM
Seems like the weather is going to be rainy. Does anyone still want to give this a try?

JMLewis87
01-06-2014, 3:13 PM
If anybody actually got together to ride sorry I missed it. I ended up having to work and living in the middle of nowhere on a super long gravel driveway it was nothing but ice and slop so I would have had a hard time making it out of there. Definitely want to try something in the future. I know there's some event at the Timonium fairgrounds relatively soon, anybody know what I'm talking about.

krb
01-06-2014, 4:50 PM
I didn't get out, the road in front of my house was just too sloppy. Good thing too because the townhouse next to mine is vacant and had a pipe burst. I was home so I was able to notice it and turn their water off before the puddle in my living room got too big.

The forecast for this Sunday is looking pretty good...

krb
01-08-2014, 1:28 PM
I know there's some event at the Timonium fairgrounds relatively soon, anybody know what I'm talking about.

Feb 7-9: http://cycleshow.net/

And don't forget the IMS show is this weekend at teh DC convention center.

Misfitcj
01-08-2014, 7:57 PM
I didn't get out, the road in front of my house was just too sloppy. Good thing too because the townhouse next to mine is vacant and had a pipe burst. I was home so I was able to notice it and turn their water off before the puddle in my living room got too big.

The forecast for this Sunday is looking pretty good...

let me know....

krb
01-08-2014, 9:06 PM
let me know....

If it's not raining when I get up Sunday morning then I'll be riding.

8am at IHOP is a good enough place to start.

If I ride solo then I'll be doing a long ride, about 5 hours out into WV, grab some lunch at a BBQ place I like, then about 2 hours of freeway to get into civilization.

If anybody else shows up then we can discuss over breakfast how long of a ride we want to do.

Misfitcj
01-09-2014, 4:13 AM
C-ville IHOP and end at the Sheetz in Haymarket

8 at this spot? got a better address/ google address? should be good for it.

ltr Pat

krb
01-09-2014, 1:55 PM
IHOP: http://goo.gl/maps/KQmiV

It's on US29 just east of the interchange between US29 and VA28. You have to turn onto Old Centerville Rd at the light in order to get into the parking lot.

Misfitcj
01-09-2014, 6:41 PM
sound good 830 ish we ( got a buddy in tow) should be there. Shoot me your number in case shit goes sideways.

ltr Pat

Misfitcj
01-19-2014, 8:12 PM
new feature I saw on main page.

ltr Pat

Trips/ event thing (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35111)

outlawTA
01-19-2014, 9:36 PM
Holy hell! The Timonium dudes must be fucking high. $100 for a 10X10 spot to sell parts at the swap meet. Fuck that.

Misfitcj
01-20-2014, 6:47 PM
no shit that is out of control, most of the stuff I see there is take off crap anyways or over priced shovel/evo/twinky crap.

ltr Pat

JMLewis87
02-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Anybody heading to Timonium next weekend from the VA area? I'm off work and hoping to go, maybe even ride there if the weather is decent.

krb
02-03-2014, 3:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll drive up to Timonium. The weather forecast doesn't look so great for riding.

Then again, the bank account forecast doesn't look so great for being able to buy anything, either. Don't know if I'm willing to make the trip just to gawk at shit.

JMLewis87
02-03-2014, 8:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll drive up to Timonium. The weather forecast doesn't look so great for riding.

Then again, the bank account forecast doesn't look so great for being able to buy anything, either. Don't know if I'm willing to make the trip just to gawk at shit.

My problem exactly haha, as much as I want to go I'm not sure it's worth the trip just to look at parts I can't afford right now.

idontgivafuk
02-09-2014, 4:31 PM
I'm in Charlottesville, did anyone make the Timonium event? Is there anyone planning any rides soon?