PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Austin

shaft
06-26-2012, 8:00 PM
After putting thought into moving to NYC, I decided i would not be able to afford surviving and having fun there with the cost of living. me and a buddy, whos a fellow CC'er decided to head on down to Austin at the end of September. I have family in Dallas and we both have jobs lined up in the Austin area so it seemed like a good choice. Only problem is figuring out where to live. Anyone have suggestions for neighborhoods to look for 2 bedroom apartments. Id like to live in or near downtown or honestly wherever is cool, Im not familiar with the area at all. Also seeing as its only us two Id like to know where to meet some other people who enjoy riding and building bikes, drinking beer, talking shit and whatever else.

GreaseStain
06-26-2012, 8:06 PM
pull out a map and draw a line from manchaca and lamar toslaughter to I35 down 35 to oltorf to lamar back to manchaca, search there, lot of 2 bdrm duplexes u can get into quick round the stassney william cannon and manchaca areas

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Nosebleed
06-26-2012, 8:29 PM
Good choice, Austin is awesome, but the weather is a kick in the teeth, especially right now. It was 106 today, not good riding weather.

There are plenty of us on CC in the Austin area. Join the "ATX" group on here to keep up with what we are doing and once you get down here, come on out and join up with the "Filthy 52" crew.

shaft
06-27-2012, 6:04 PM
shit, i was looking to see if there was a thread already started and must have missed that. I am looking forward to moving, a lot more riding time. The heat will take some getting used to but its dry and not humid heat like up here in assachusetts so thatll help

shaft
06-27-2012, 6:12 PM
shit, i was looking to see if there was a thread already started and must have missed that. I am looking forward to moving, a lot more riding time. The heat will take some getting used to but its dry and not humid heat like up here in assachusetts so thatll help

Just figured out about the whole "group" thing on CC, i understand now

TS
06-27-2012, 6:20 PM
I moved down here about a year ago, your gonna love it, being able to ride year round is huge. And it's a much nicer city than Springfield, MA haha. I moved from about an hour north of Springfield on I-91 (Brattleboro, VT)

shaft
06-28-2012, 4:15 AM
I moved down here about a year ago, your gonna love it, being able to ride year round is huge. And it's a much nicer city than Springfield, MA haha. I moved from about an hour north of Springfield on I-91 (Brattleboro, VT)

Ive only been once but from what I experienced and from what others have told me, Austin is a really cool place to live in or around. Probably a LOT more than Springfield haha.

shaft
09-11-2012, 8:49 PM
Bringing back this thread with hopefully some good news. Just filled out an app for a 3 bedroom house in Hyde park near north Lamar. Hopefully we get it and me and two other riders will be down hanging out the first week of October

BolliverShagnasty
09-12-2012, 7:46 AM
Sweet, that's pretty close to the rest of us. We meet up pretty often up north.

You should get in on the ATX brolodex thread...

FerrumDiscipulus
09-12-2012, 8:56 PM
Bringing back this thread with hopefully some good news. Just filled out an app for a 3 bedroom house in Hyde park near north Lamar. Hopefully we get it and me and two other riders will be down hanging out the first week of October

good area, lots of shit to do, and the walking traffic is nice to lok at too! good luck to ya

TyArlo
09-12-2012, 9:19 PM
Spent a week in Austin, place is great! Hit up Heavy Metal Pizza.

JeremyResults
09-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Hell yeah dude! Just got outta North Lamar from my apt. and into a house for the garage space and shit. Us northside dudes hangout as often as we can.

shaft
09-15-2012, 8:09 PM
I'm pumped to get out there. Unfortunately someone else got the house so I gotta find something online from MA

FerrumDiscipulus
09-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm pumped to get out there. Unfortunately someone else got the house so I gotta find something online from MA

I'm not sure what resources you're using, but you may want to try to look into 1 of the student apartment locator services, there's a lot here in Austin.

Smallston
09-16-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm the buddy moving with him we'll look into that thanks man real pumped to get down there and ride with some dudes

Nosebleed
09-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Do you fellas have a date that you will be here? We are planning to trip up to the ultra-rad "Day of the drags" vintage hot rod races the first weekend in October. This thing is legendary and if you're going to be here you shouldn't miss it. Keep in touch.

www.dayofthedrags.com

shaft
09-20-2012, 6:29 PM
If we get the house we just applied for yesterday we should be there in the first week of october. Hopefully well be able to make it to that show, it sounds awesome

TS
09-21-2012, 9:27 AM
If ya'll don't make it out to that one you should be here in time for the EDR Movie premiere in Austin on October 17th

FerrumDiscipulus
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
trying to talk a buddy into coming to the EDR showing, does anyone know what the cover is going to be?

Nosebleed
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
trying to talk a buddy into coming to the EDR showing, does anyone know what the cover is going to be?

Doors at 5, Film at 7, no cover before 8, Probably about $6.00 after 8pm. Band will start after the film ends around 8:30 or 9pm.

Don't forget free swag and prizes and probably some free beer/liquor from our sponsors such as Maker's Mark.

Come on out. Feel free to PM me or any of the Filthy 52 crew for details.

FerrumDiscipulus
09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Doors at 5, Film at 7, no cover before 8, Probably about $6.00 after 8pm. Band will start after the film ends around 8:30 or 9pm.

Don't forget free swag and prizes and probably some free beer/liquor from our sponsors such as Maker's Mark.

Come on out. Feel free to PM me or any of the Filthy 52 crew for details.

perfect! thank you brer Nose

shaft
09-22-2012, 1:41 PM
i will be at the EDR showing.

Nosebleed
09-26-2012, 10:14 AM
i will be at the EDR showing.

Good deal. You fellas find a place and lock down a date for moving yet?

Smallston
09-26-2012, 3:05 PM
yeah we got a place and reserved a uhaul for the 8th we're gonna head out there on the 10th