PDA

View Full Version : What the F%&$ God D!@# Mother F*&#$%

lfdiaff
06-25-2012, 9:10 PM
OK I feel better. I have been building a 73 triumph bobber since about march and every god damn thing that can go wrong has. I want to go with the flat black look painted spokes rims hubs left nuts chrome. Put em together it all peeled off and looked like shit. Sent them to the powder coater which I should have done in the first place they lost two nipples. Re ordered nipples from buchannans and they still havent arrived via the fucking pony express. Called Buchannans today a little hot because the shit I ordered from Lowbrow and ebay had already came in and I am waiting to send my wheels out to hammer in hand. They said they are on there way they shipped last wed and it not there fault. Oh yeah and even after ordering $200 worth of spokes they charged me $21 for $2 worth of nipples. Apparently if you dont order so much they tac on $6 for handling fee and then they could have shiped USPS for about 55 cents but fuck no they ship UPS for $13. Then too top all that off I have a rock or something stuck in the lip of my rim and it is louder then a porta shitter at a peanut eating contest. FUCK ME I just want to ride.

RetroRob
06-26-2012, 8:39 AM
So tell us how you really feel. I feel your pain, I've been working on mine since Nov. still waiting for my engine guy to finish the head.
I've realize all these rebuilds are a series of problem solving exercises. Can't tell you how many times I've ordered the wrong part or had to build something from scratch because of what I'm trying to adapt. I guess that's why you end up getting so many admiring looks when you do get the bike done. That and the satiffaction of building it yourself. it's so much easier to go to the dealership and leave with easy monthly payment.

Btw I sand blasted the shit out of my rims, painted them with Krylon paint from Walmart, and never had a problem.

MrsEsterhouse16
06-26-2012, 4:29 PM
I am also in the middle of project FUCK ME. I keep trying to tell my self it will just make it that mutch sweeter when it's done.

starwolf
06-27-2012, 6:30 AM
haha, I'm 3 years into "Project Fuck Me" ,and still have a ways to go. Why'd I have to buy a damn triple ? You guys think you got it rough with your twins, this thing has been nothing but a god damned nightmare since day 1. I often ask myself if I will ever be able to actually ride down the road on it,...legally. I think I have talked myself into putting the hardtail back on it, and modifying axle plates/drive chain to get a more proper fitment. Be thankful you have a twin that you can adjust the clutch on fairly easily, adjusting mine is like trying to balance the whole bike on a razors edge.

lfdiaff
06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Well I am glad I am not alone. My nipples came today all 3 of them in a shoebox size box. There has got to be a better way to ship. I cant believe that is the only option at buchannans. I got a quote from hammer in hand a month ago about trueing my wheels and he said less then an hour and they get $65 an hour shop rate. I bring the wheels tubes and tires to them today figureing it will take maybe another hour to mount the tires. Ha. He said it will be under $200. If I ever take anything to them again Im gonna drop off a case of red bull as well maybe there mechanic will hurry the hell up then. Oh yeah and I might get them back today. LOL. If putting animation dots in your reply was cool I would put the little red one banging his head on the wall.

I think CC needs to add a bitch section to there page to keep all the anger contained.

dazegoneby
08-01-2012, 7:21 AM
one thing certain is these limey witches will put a spell on you,,,,then you try to apease the limey gods ,,,into cooperateing with you for closure of said projects,,say a couple of hail marys with a twist of limes thrown in for good measure...

DanTheMan
08-02-2012, 5:25 AM
I`ve named mine "Triumph of the Will" because it`s will is greater than mine :banghead:
Into it`s third year now.....................

Speciman
09-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I started my build out looking for the thrill of victory but it is slowly turned into the agony of defeat. I feel like that skier in the hi-light film they use to play over and over again skiing down this monster ski jump ramp and crashing off the end of it for what seemed like a fucking day hitting every fucking thing around him.