PDA

View Full Version : Found a Dog Today

TemeculaTerry
12-29-2009, 8:46 PM
I know, its not motorcycle related, so it will end up in the junk, but its a story I want to share and hopefully help this dog out with some kind folk right here.

This dog came running up to my wife in her car today and would not let her drive off - strange. As it being a Terrior pit or something of that nature, my wife was scared but then realized the dog was not mean. She got out of the car to calm it down and look for a tag - no tag but yeh, her instincs were correct - super nice sweet dog. My wife had my son so there wasnt much she could do, so she told the dog to follow her home, which was more than a mile away. The gawd damned dog literally chased after the car all the way to our house barking and crying the whole way.
Well, I called the humane society and gave a full description around 10:00am - but no phone call all day.
I got home today from work and posted signs everywhere with my phone number - still, no call.

My car took a shit - again! while putting all the signs up - never buy a fucking Audi...

Im going to give it til tomorrow and take all the signs back down and put this dog up for adoption. If anyone is interested please let me know. Its a female Brendle (I think) Terrior, super sweet personality and smart to boot. Ive never met a dog like this in my life and its killing me that its owner doesnt give a shit. If anyone wants her Im giving the owner til tomorrow night to call then thats it - lemme know.

Rudehog
12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice story about the dog Terry but I wouldn't stick an Audi up my own ass even if I had room for a battle ship!

Woody
12-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Nice story about the dog Terry but I wouldn't stick an Audi up my own ass even if I had room for a battle ship!

My thoughts exactly. HaHa.

Toecutterp
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Thats awesome I <3 dogs

GreaserMike
12-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm thinking about painting a swastika on my dog. Thoughts?

(I'm joking - I have zero restraint)

A++ for rescuing the pup!

TemeculaTerry
12-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Fuck, Just paint an Audi symbol Greaser Mike, more evil than the swastika...

steffan
12-30-2009, 1:53 AM
yay puppies! its pretty fucked up how people can mistreat animals and not give a shit. sweet save! hope it finds a good home.

BIGJ
12-30-2009, 9:34 AM
Same thing happened to me except i brought the dog home from Mexico. Keep the dog you were supposed to find it. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe the dog will bite the shit out of a burgler

JohnnyWolf
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Same thing happened to me except i brought the dog home from Mexico. Keep the dog you were supposed to find it. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe the dog will bite the shit out of a burgler

I was thinking the same thing!!! Here's a cool story to back it up.

One morning when my Pops was working as an undercover detective in Marina Del Rey (LASD) in the mid 80s, he saw a white and gray Husky running with a pack of dogs several times throughout the graveyard shift. He thought is was odd because usually they are "junk-yard" type dogs in those packs.

After his shift was over he was chillin in the cab of his Chevy Luv pickup in the p-lot of a donut shop, with the driver door open downing some coffee for the hour drive home.

The very same Husky he'd seen several times that am came casually walking up to the truck, and without a second thought jumped in the cab, clearing my dads lap, and immediately fell asleep on the passenger seat.

He took him straight to the dog clinic for his shots, and to fill out the dog license paperwork, then to the foo foo shop for grooming.

"Niko" was a great family pet and friend after that.

This dog (just like Niko) came to your family for a reason Terry.

crkhobbit
12-30-2009, 1:39 PM

I'm not keen on sticking anything up my ass, especially a car. :D

TemeculaTerry
12-30-2009, 4:43 PM
Yeh I know guys- Im super sad about this dog, I really like it and would like to keep'er but I have my hands full as of right now and Im absolutely sure I cannot handle any more responsibility.
Also, sold my two houses and I am renting, landlords are not cool with another dog being in the house as well the dog being a pit/ terrier the owners will have to add it to their home owners insurance and they arnt cool with that either.
I asked the dog pound people if no one claims her within the five day waiting period if I can adopt her and they absolutely said no, not if you have a child - trippy!
Anyhow, saga is over and it is out of my hands, they are picking her up tonight to my dismay, fuck man, this is killing me but I just cant do this right now. I just hope she finds a good home if the owners dont come and get her.

wickedblockhead
12-30-2009, 5:18 PM
so because a guy has a kid he cant adopt a pit? i thought the humane society was supposed to battle stereotyping....sorry to hear all this man....

radmonster
12-30-2009, 6:07 PM
Hey do u have a pic of the dog? I have a 2 year old female bull terrier and my sis is looking for a girl bull terrior!

TemeculaTerry
12-30-2009, 9:33 PM
Sorry man, never took a pic, I was too busy trying to care for her and find her owners. She was so scared, terrified actually but somehow trusted my wife and I enough to hang. We fed her three times a day and gave her biscuits galore and a nice warm place to sleep.
The pound here (Friends of the Valley) is actually a cool place, they even took the blankets we gave to them to throw into her kennel while she awaits her owners. Really, its the only way to see if she was chipped, I hope so then at least she can make it home. If not, she was so damned sweet I dont think it will be a problem finding her a new family.
As for not being able to adopt her is crazy I know, but its their rules, so be it I guess.

Thanks for all the good advice and stories.

sbchops
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
man had a pit puppy run up to me at work put fliers out and called pound to see if anyone was lookign for there lost dog after 3 days nothing just got me a 8month old white pit sweet as could be and doesnt get scared of a harley fireing up