PDA

View Full Version : Tappets Too Tight?

Jcarter78
12-26-2009, 9:45 PM
I pull a boo boo and broke one of my tappet blocks so I ordered a new one from rabers. I put it all together yesterday and the stock tappets seem to be binding up in the block. I do have movement after a certain point but I have to tap em in there to get to that point. how much movement do they need? and is there any thing I can safely do with my limited skill and knowledge to make them fit a little better?

wllgmr
12-29-2009, 7:26 AM
i just noticed that one of mine was tight to go back in too. i just touched the block up with a file then it went in smoother. how did you fix yours?

Jcarter78
12-29-2009, 3:11 PM
I havent fixed it yet. I called Rabers and theyre sending me a different block to try. If that doesnt work I gotta go from there. My tappets are still in good shape so that last thing I wanna do drop is 300 on a new set. If they were just a little off I wouldve used a file and worked em in but id be taking off way too much material. I'll just see what happens when I get my new block. Hopefully it'll fit.

fouraceswes
12-29-2009, 10:39 PM
If tappets are in good shape, they can be resurfaced if they are slightly damage or pitted. You have to have (or know someone who has) a fixture though. Regrinds are usually about $40 each.