PDA

View Full Version : How are you folks hiding your rear brake wires?

MRB
06-02-2012, 1:23 PM
I'm mounting a taillight on the left side of a triumph and looking for ideas of cleaning up the wires. I'm not crazy about zip tieing them to the frame and not sure about drilling into the frame to run them internally. Thoughts and pictures would be helpful.

Mike

fightclub
06-02-2012, 8:26 PM
Cleanest way is to drill wholes and pull through frame tubes. I ran them on the outside of frame tubes but it was the cloth hcovered wire so it looked clean and vintage. Now I'm still running cloth wire exposed to Brake light, headlight , but most of it pulls through frame

MRB
06-03-2012, 9:49 PM
Are you drilling the holes over sized and using a grommet or just large enough to fit the wires through?

Thanks
MRB

fightclub
06-04-2012, 2:43 PM
Just big enough for wires plus groumets I'm actually trying little aluminum groumets for a cleaner look. Just make sure you de burr the wholes so wire doesnt wear up against sharp edge

GRHebard
06-04-2012, 4:43 PM
i brazed these little curved pieces of round stock onto the frame. the wires just go thru those. they'll be pretty well hidden on the bottom side of the tubing when the bike is all together. i'm not the best at brazing yet, in fact, this was the second time i've tried it, so they need a little cleaning up. there is enough room for two wires, and a tiny ziptie to keep the wires from getting slack and sliding thru

keep in mind, the frame in upside down in this photograph.
its also, an XS650 frame. i havent done this to my triumph yet

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh266/GRHebard/IMG_9129.jpg

malloy
06-04-2012, 6:10 PM
joker G clamps are your friend.

RetroRob
06-04-2012, 7:56 PM
I'm runnin through hard tail tubes and running that old tar covered wire loom you se on old tractors and model ts