PDA

View Full Version : BSP petcock help!!

spoolie
06-01-2012, 6:29 PM
OK so I will make this short...I got a pair of BAP petcock valves for a custom tank, which are 1/4 BSP threaded, and also got some 1/4 BSP bungs from bung king, I know that i need ceiling washers and brass lock nuts, but i am noticing that the threads seem way to loose, like .003??? Is this right??

Will the ceiling washer/flat washer/brass lock nut be enough to hold that in? I am afraid that if i tighten it up it will pull the threads out!

Who has BSP stuff also?? ie..bungs, ceiling washers, etc...

Pete
06-02-2012, 4:42 AM
I did the same thing. Mine was real loose too. I wrapped it with a few turns of teflon tape and it has not leaked yet. I do think I will put one of those copper sealing washers on eventually just to make sure. Steadfast Cycles sells them, I've also seen them on McMaster-Carr's website.

TRUMPNUT
06-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I have the o-ring sealing washers in stock . They do feel loose until the locknut is snugged . It is not torqued down hard so it will not stripe the threads . Also a little blue locktite helps in sealing . Give us a call
775-358-6768
or http://acecycleservice.com/

spoolie
06-03-2012, 7:14 PM
Thanks guys, I will be calling tomorrow afternoon.

MRB
06-07-2012, 9:37 PM
I remember reading somewhere about a "yellow " teflon tape. It is supposed to be better for gas then the regular white. Any body know about this stuff?
MRB