PDA

View Full Version : Cenral Texas grassroots chopper event?

Pages : [1] 2

dmenace78
05-27-2012, 6:30 AM
Greetings, folks.
Thanks to Nosebleed and his Psycho de Mayo run, I've been thinking more and more about putting together some kind of a big Texas 33 shindig.
Currently, Texas is full of gaps concerning the garage-built chopper scene. Yes, there's the Lone Star river run, and...well, Pancho Run is dead. There are several things that might sporadically pop up like Workingman's Art & Chopper show that sprung up last year in Austin. And, there's always lots of groovy Hot Rod related events that we 33ers tend to frequent. But, honestly, I think there's a huge gap in Texas that needs to be bridged.
Until a few years ago, I always made sure that I made the "scene" at the big rallies like Lone Star and ROT. Eventually I learned that there was very little for me at these big events. I found the alternative in the Horse magazine's Smokeout West. But after just two great years of being able to attend, the western leg of the event vanished into thin air. Same goes for the Ground Zero Throwdown by Atomic Customs. I feel very privileged to have attended the Quadcam Bastard's Bastard Bash in it's single visit to Texas, but those guys have found greener pastures in the east. And finally, after a glorious five years, Panchodrankthewine is pushing up daisies.
Allow me to get to the point. Texas needs it's own lowbrow motorcycle event. I know of some very cool cats from the north of me, and even more from the south. The sheer distance between the metropolitan areas of Texas is reason enough for poor boys like me to flinch at the prospect of attending a run. It's not so much the money, but the TIME that it takes to make the run. After all, time IS money, and it's a precious commodity these days.
So, basically I'm looking for input. I'm willing to put together resources, if resources can be provided. The central Texas area offers some good roads, good locations, and could be a great common ground for guys from all over this mighty state to do what they love.
Thanks!
-D.Menace

Saltytonk
05-27-2012, 8:13 PM
Hey bro. I'm in and Loud N Greasy is in. Just let us know what we can do. Where are you thinking of haveing "home base" be or the camp grounds?

dmenace78
05-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Salty!
I new you'd be in on this! I've scoped out two possible locations for this shindig. The first is an abandoned schoolhouse which is in a little ghost town near Dublin, Tx. I know the owner, and he's currently using it as a "ranch", but it's really a place for horse races. It's a perfect location, with a few minor drawbacks. I'm unsure of the electrical situation, and I'd need to have some port-a-johns brought in. But believe me, if you saw the place your mind would immediately flash back to "the Wild Angels" with Peter Fonda. The building has no roof, but it's all clean and grassy on the inside. There's a pressbox, bleachers, and an oddly shaped track that might be used for barrel races or some such shit.
There's another place that's about the same distance from here ( but in another direction) that's located on a major road, has extremely nice facilities, hook-ups for RV's, tent sites, and a built in BBQ smoker. There's a track that's used for tractor pulls, and the locals use the heck out of it for weddings, class reunions, and there are some fairly large Texas Country (not really my bag) musicians that have played there.
I'm sure that you can guess which one would be more affordable. ;)
I'm thinking of making the event open to Hot Rods as well as custom bikes. Perhaps that'd insure a bigger audience?
The third choice of event location would be to completely take over a small (population 500 +,-) Texas town. I've seen it happen before, and it's a pretty groovy thing. The business owners sure do like it!

What do you think?

TS
05-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll be there!

Let me know if you need any help with any marketing/promoting/ graphic design work for it.

And like I said at PMR my band is ready to play any time any where!

dmenace78
05-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks, TS! When the time comes, I'll definitely be in touch. I can't wait to hear you guys jam!
It's awesome to know that you can help with the promotion and graphic design also. I'm lucky to figure out how to send an email! :)

Nosebleed
05-28-2012, 1:30 PM
Well, you and I have already talked about this and you know that I'm down to help out with promotion and such. Just let me know what youre thinking and we'll keep in touch. I like the ghost town idea as you presented it the other day.

Saltytonk
05-28-2012, 3:08 PM
Theres some really good rideing around the Dublin area. The ghost town idea sounds like it would be the easiest to pull off.......well if we can get power anyway. But thats my vote.

Gonna have some chopper s in the dirt raceing?

Saltytonk
05-28-2012, 3:13 PM
oh and when is the tentative date? I have a trip to New Orleans scheduled for this fall sure dont want any conflicts......

JeremyResults
05-28-2012, 7:45 PM
I'm so ready to help in any way I can. I'm new to Austin but I can help fiscally and with any promotion needed. All sounds good so far.

dmenace78
05-28-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm loving on the class that you guys are showing!
I really haven't put too much of my focus on a specific date at this point. I'm thinking sometime in either early October (as to not interfere with the River Run or Harvest Classic). I plan on being in attendance for those anyway! I'm open for suggestions on the date. If anyone has any specific times of unavailability, just gimme a pm and I'll put it into heavy consideration. That goes for any of the PMR riders that are following this thread. I want for this to be awesome for all involved, and suggestions are the best insurance for that!
As for the dirt races...that would definitely be some crazy shit! I can't say for sure, but we'll keep that one simmering. You never know what kind of chaos might ensue when a bunch of psycho chopper pilots get a bunch of Lonestars in their bellies!
I'll be in contact with the property owner this week, and the info that I learn will be posted. Hopefully, everything will just kinda fall into place.
Seeya!

P.S. - To anyone who had to copy and paste the URL of this thread into their browser instead of simply clicking the hyperlink...sorry for the extra trouble.

KIRKtheJERK
05-29-2012, 7:33 AM
For me, it's always the ride that attracts me the most... I think the "Three Sisters" roads would be ideal for a group that is not content with just riding from gas stop to gas stop...

http://motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html

Nosebleed
05-29-2012, 8:50 AM
I PM'ed SINTAX about working out some art/design work, logos, website or whatever for the event. He said that he's down to help out fo sho.

Word.

CoyoteUSP
05-29-2012, 8:56 AM
I can get on board with this, up in Dallas so if anybody wants to get a group together to ride down....

On a side note, Austin City Limits is October 12-14, I would recommend finding a different weekend just to avoid the hassle around Austin. My .02.

dmenace78
05-29-2012, 9:45 PM
Yo, Kirk (the Jerk)...this is most definitely gonna be a ride-n-camp type event. I've done the Three Sisters (heheh) and it's by far one of the best rides in Texas. It's a shame that all roads can't be that awesome, but we take what we get. Trust me though, there are awesome roads a plenty in my neck of the woods. Lots of twisty, but not anywhere near as much ups and downs.
I'm planning about a 250 mile ride, to be followed by an awesome party. There should be plenty of shady activity going down if I have anything to do with it...and I do! ;) I'm definitely not planning on having some lawnchair get together.
Nosebleed. Thanks for talking to Sintax on my behalf. I'll definitely be needing his assistance.
So far, we've got an amazingly talented bunch of chopper pilots who are willing to pitch in some time and effort for a good cause, and I'm sure that more will come along. The enthusiasm is there, and good things are sure to follow. I'm working my ass off out here to make sure this thing turns out top-notch. In my opinion, if only a dozen riders show then it'll still be a success. But I'm sure that there'll be a lot more than that...even though it won't be in the southern Hill Country.

AngryJohnny
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Not that my thoughts amount to a hill of beans but...

I'd love to do the twisted sisters, but that's so far down & out west that I most likely wouldn't be able to make it down, enjoy the festivities, and then make it back home in time for work on Monday. I don't get the luxury of much vacation time.

Besides, they have their fair share of runs down that way. There's plenty of pleasant enough riding around DMenace's neck of the woods(Hamilton/ Glen Rose/ Hico/ Goldwaithe/ etc.), and if he's the one planning it, that's the area he knows as far as roads, facilities, etc.
It seems any & all the events up in the northern half of the state are all huge charity toy runs and the like. It would be cool to see an "underground" type event that the northern crowd could do in a weekend.

A place with plenty of shade trees for camping and hanging out is good, toilets & showers are a plus, and a privately owned place is pretty essential for keeping the long arm of the law from hassling folks.

With that said, Dennis, you're the one putting it together so you make it what YOU want it to be, and we'll all fall in line as best we can.

Saltytonk
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah Johnny , I think thats the general idea. Is to have something centraly located so it wouldnt be too long a trip for us northen folk or the southern folk. And also like you said there just aint nothing like this up here. Now I dont have anything against charity runs , I go on quite a few........but you rarely see a chopped bike at those. Its all always cookie cutter road glides and gold wings and fat boys. And they are good people but they just dont understand cutting up a perfectly good motorcycle.:cheersmate:

1customchop
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Am I really the only one doing the pee pee dance over the opportunity to take over a small town???? (Wait... Chachie hasn't chimed in yet...) The ghost town thing is cool, but it sure would be wicked to have our own town, like Cranfils Gap kinda size. Shoot they'd prolly even invite us back since we'd be contributing to their "tourism" (lmao) so much. Maybe find something "similar" to Lukenbach somewhere?

brianrmcgill
05-30-2012, 2:43 PM
I'm pretty much down for whatever!!! Riding and camping sounds great and taking over a town also sounds great!!!

dmenace78
05-31-2012, 7:04 AM
Johnny, you've hit the nail right on the head! The majority of the guys in this scene are working class stiffs with limited vacation time. And usually, those guys are married with kids (myself excluded) who need to use that vacation time to be with their families. A weekender is usually all that most can swing.
And Salty, I hear what you're saying! There is a terrible lack of a chopper scene in north Texas! I go on a "benefit run" every once in a blue moon, and most of the time the geriatric bagger crowd looks at me like I'm insane for riding my mildly customized machine. We've definitely gotta get some awesomeness going on for the folks up yonder!
And 1customchop has the right idea! I too have been leaning toward the takeover of a small town! There are a few around this neck of the woods that'd welcome us. Cranfills Gap being the most obvious, but there's also Hico, Bluff Dale, and a few others that are "biker friendly" towns. I'll start beating the bushes to find one that's got the right stuff to make it a do-able deal. :)
Thanks, y'all!

dmenace78
06-02-2012, 7:26 AM
So, I've been out beating the bushes to find a definite location for this shindig. It really amazed me to find out just exactly how much bikers are still discriminated against. Folks seem tickled pink about the prospect of having a "large group" at stay at their place, until they find out that everyone will be on bikes! When they find that out, they start using jargon like "family" campground, and "retirement" community.
But that's just me bitching, and the real truth of the matter is that things are coming along quite nicely. I've picked up a couple of local sponsors, and tomorrow I meet with someone about an awesome potential location!
And, Nosebleed...I've decided that the name of this thing will be "The Dropout Boogie". It's got a nice ring to it. ;)

Saltytonk
06-02-2012, 7:51 AM
Yeah man. Lance and I experienced that on the PMR2. When we got to Round Rock we got to a motel and asked for a room. They said they were booked up and there wasnt a room to be had for at least 10 miles. We rode across the street and got a room.

zeke
06-03-2012, 9:29 AM
All the hijinx, shenanigans, and Tom foolery of rolling into a little town and just taking over for a day would be outstanding. I have no problem with it but the old lady might not bail me out of jail again and unfortunately the long arm of the law not to mention swarms of outraged citizens could put a damper on a good time.

On the other hand, the ghost town. This is a place that has been forgotten, just like the motorcycle community of days gone by. It’s not hip, its not main stream, it’s not a Harley dealership or a Star Bucks. An event like this is reminiscent of the days when a group of like minded individuals would wrench on the own scooters, travel the open road together, and stop at a place where they could be themselves without being disturbed and or looked down upon for being who they are.

The potential of a bunch of bobbers racing around a dirt track, sitting around drinking ice cold beer, a couple hogs being roasted in a smoker, and no one around for miles all after riding a bunch of miles though the Texas countryside with a group scooter tramps. I’m in!

Momo
06-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Never dropped out of anything but I sure can boogie down. Sounds great so far, you can guarantee my drunk ass will be present.

Sprungmonkey1
06-03-2012, 8:25 PM
Am I really the only one doing the pee pee dance over the opportunity to take over a small town???? (Wait... Chachie hasn't chimed in yet...) The ghost town thing is cool, but it sure would be wicked to have our own town, like Cranfils Gap kinda size. Shoot they'd prolly even invite us back since we'd be contributing to their "tourism" (lmao) so much. Maybe find something "similar" to Lukenbach somewhere?

Great alcholics think alike! I want my pic in life magezine too! :D

AngryJohnny
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah, the idea of taking over a small town does sound fun.. long as I don't end up in jail.. lol.. I won't be able to make bail either.

The ghost town thing could be uniquely cool, too. Somewhere where a little loud noise & rowdiness wouldn't attract unwanted attention. It might make Dennis's task of finding the place easier.

I'm down for whatever.

Nosebleed
06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Looks like Dennis is rolling around a few ideas but I too would vote for "more secluded" and less headaches. If we "take over" a small town, where does everyone stay? You still need a campground or something nearby and the law isn't going to appreciate us very much. Plus, if we go to a place that is a little "touristy", the first time that someone sees a jar of moonshine or smells a joint burning we will be facing the local pitchfork mob.

Ghost town idea, like Zeke said. We need a place where we have permission to be, or else things will go south. I agree though, everyone's dreams of "Hollister" infamy have a nice, romantic draw to them. Taking over small towns requires a lot of dudes on bikes though. If 500 bikes showed up, well then, different story, but 20-30 dudes do not take over much of anything, haha.

dmenace78
06-04-2012, 6:34 PM
Zeke, I like the way that you think, brother. As Nosebleed so correctly stated, I have indeed been kicking around some different options and ideas for this event. It's early in the game, and I know that I shouldn't get discouraged, but I keep running into walls.
It seems that the more options that I come up with, the more I get steered back to my original idea...which was the "ghost town". But, even with the seeming simplicity of that idea, there are a few bugs and kinks to be worked out.
The small town idea is awesome, but Nosebleed spoke the gospel truth concerning that. We'd have to deal with the lack of a campground (unless I could find a friendly local with a lot of property), and even then relations with local nazi law enforcement agencies could get...tense.
Believe me when I say that I've been working everyday to find the best possible location for this event. By the time I get finished, it should seem as though it's a non-event for those in attendance. Just roll in, relax, have an awesome time, and then get geared up for a great ride. Followed by an even more awesome time. :cheersmate:

The hardest part of thos whole thing: Spending all that time in the saddle on weekends doing "research". Lol.

xllance
06-04-2012, 8:53 PM
Shoot man, I'd love to be a part of a grassroots chopper thing happnin in our area. I tell ya' I haven't been doin this for ages and don't have years of cool shit to draw from but the Twine Ball Run in a tiny Kansas town went pretty well. Camping in the infield of the local dirt track was cool and the second night I bet half of the locals joined the party. Most were cool with it and we pretty much kept the mayhem contained in the track grounds. Cops would drive by and scan but nobody was hasseled as far as I know. I for one hold a CDL and a DWI is the last thing I need !! I'm in, hopefullyu we can get a date asap so we can plan our days off.

AngryJohnny
06-05-2012, 8:29 AM
Taking over a town akin the The Wild One's does sound fun, but you would get some scrutiny from Barney Fife. .. and I'm with Xllance. Once swilling starts, I'm done riding for the day.

The Ghost town could be really cool..and unique! Think about it... A ghost town... in October (Halloween month).. Moco's colors are black and orange... the stars are aligning! Haha!

I can imagine there'd be challenges like lack of power. If there's a power pole/light pole on or near the site as there sometimes are on ranches.. and someone had some connections to an electrician nearby.. and the property owners blessing, It might be possible to tap some temporary power for a power outlet board.. kinda like you see on a construction site before the panel is set, and service is run to the structure. Otherwise a generator would have to be the source.

batdog
06-05-2012, 5:00 PM
mr. menace,
i'm totally down to do whatever i can to get us on the road. i've never set up a ride like that , but i'm willing to give it my all.
just off the top of my head, i know that MOHAWK would be down for a "kick-off" event. (or something of the like) i bartend there and they're like my family. i have small bike nights every wednesday and theres usually twenty or thirty bikes that show up. some chopped, some rice burnin', even a scooter pops in sometimes. just as long as theres two wheels and an engine.
anyways. i appreciate getting to know my fellow local riders and i think a big run would be awesome. i actually just watched the DEATH SCIENCE revenge run III and it got me amped on a road trip. you can watch it here: http://www.visegripaustin.com/
i love riding out in the hill country. especially around the guadalupe river and the frio river. i think we could definitely get some rad shit together in those areas.

1customchop
06-05-2012, 5:23 PM
WAIT..... Did someone say dirt track??? I'd buy a set of knobbies for the sporty just for shits and giggles...

72chrysler
06-05-2012, 6:03 PM
I'm a little to the east of you guys to help with logistics, but I'll be there for sure!
Fall hill country fucking rules, and I'm down with anyplace abandoned.
When the date gets spiked, I'll spread the word to the easterly freaks...

Hepcat13
06-05-2012, 8:07 PM
so far everything sounds great. I could help with art stuff if you needed it.

Nosebleed
06-05-2012, 9:35 PM
Yessir, I'm thinking dirt track madness sounds bitchin. I have an old YZ80 Yamaha that hasn't run in years and this would be a great reason to throw on some new tires and get that little motor running again.

Saltytonk
06-05-2012, 9:43 PM
Taking over a town akin the The Wild One's does sound fun, but you would get some scrutiny from Barney Fife. .. and I'm with Xllance. Once swilling starts, I'm done riding for the day.

The Ghost town could be really cool..and unique! Think about it... A ghost town... in October (Halloween month).. Moco's colors are black and orange... the stars are aligning! Haha!

I can imagine there'd be challenges like lack of power. If there's a power pole/light pole on or near the site as there sometimes are on ranches.. and someone had some connections to an electrician nearby.. and the property owners blessing, It might be possible to tap some temporary power for a power outlet board.. kinda like you see on a construction site before the panel is set, and service is run to the structure. Otherwise a generator would have to be the source.

I've got bout 10 miles of extension cords ......hahaha

Spade115
06-06-2012, 7:23 AM
I just saw this thread o.0

I might have a solution to the lighting problem actually found this by mistake and easy to make. lol

they call these "Throwies" basically its several LEDS with a small battery and take thrown at shit to stick and light stuff up.

http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/

apparently throwies can last a week or two depending on the battery used.

I have seen on ebay and what not 100 LEDS random colors for 5 bucks and what not

something of this sort could be used to mark off large areas for instance if you do it at the old school (which would be a good options for many reasons)

You can put several in a room to light up the room and use yellow LEDS in a can for parking, spaces and red for area's that people might get hurt.

truerobotech
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Cant do much this far down, but Ill lend a hand when I can and see who and how many we can pull up from down here. Sounds like good ground work in progress.

Spade115
06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
if you dont mind sportsbikers i can let several small groups out here know (RGV) and see if any of the shops will go.

About all I can do as well.

1customchop
06-06-2012, 1:15 PM
Yessir, I'm thinking dirt track madness sounds bitchin. I have an old YZ80 Yamaha that hasn't run in years and this would be a great reason to throw on some new tires and get that little motor running again.

I've got an untitled XS400 that's about 75% of the way, I'm down to get it runnin too. Get it there and let everyone tear the hell out of it... now that sounds like fun.

eastlos49
06-07-2012, 8:10 AM
hey man so where will this event be? i hardly ever see real scoots around these parts!

TroubleLeather1
06-07-2012, 4:55 PM
Damn....How come i'm just now seeing this thread.....:confused: I live in Brownwood, just a hop skip & a jump to Dublin! i haven't read the whole thing but i'm down with whatever! Hell i just went to Just Kickers in Oklahoma & Big Mountain Run in Tennessee.....I was at the Hico Bastard bash also, It's super nice to have something in your own back yard like that! Trying to get out of this big bastard on a short time schedule sucks sometimes!!! Fucking geographical oddity...2 weeks from anywhere hahaha Thanks for telling me about this :kill: Lance trying to keep all the fun to yourself haha:cheersmate:

Thanks AngryJohnny:clap for you:

turbonate
06-07-2012, 6:50 PM
I could be down for this.

xllance
06-07-2012, 7:20 PM
Damn....How come i'm just now seeing this thread.....:confused: I live in Brownwood, just a hop skip & a jump to Dublin! i haven't read the whole thing but i'm down with whatever! Hell i just went to Just Kickers in Oklahoma & Big Mountain Run in Tennessee.....I was at the Hico Bastard bash also, It's super nice to have something in your own back yard like that! Trying to get out of this big bastard on a short time schedule sucks sometimes!!! Fucking geographical oddity...2 weeks from anywhere hahaha Thanks for telling me about this :kill: Lance trying to keep all the fun to yourself haha:cheersmate:

Thanks AngryJohnny:clap for you:

Hhaha!! No lie I was gonna get you onto this!! Dude I was at the Bash in Hico too. Or did we already talk about that? Shit I don't remember. I saw your bike on CL.

dmenace78
06-07-2012, 9:32 PM
Alright, fellas. Mark your calendars. The official date for this shindig is...drumroll, please...October 12th-14th. These dates were the only ones that made any sense to me. October because September is too damn hot, and November is too damn dark. The Nosebleed always puts together a shindig for the Day of the Drags (oct. 5-6) and the rest of the month is busy as hell with all kinds of other events. It's gonna be a busy one, and I hope that this date doesn't interfere with any of you bastards plans.
I've nailed down a date, but I've yet to secure the location. I'm tossing a three sided coin for that issue, and I'm waiting impatiently for some call-backs from land owners. Whatever the case, I can promise that this thing is gonna be a fucking blast.
Thoughts? Questions? Gripes? Throw em out on the table!

Nosebleed
06-08-2012, 1:01 PM
Well then, looks like Ill be requesting the week of Oct. 8-12th off from work! That's good timing Dennis because my schedule gets busy with a lot of birthdays and family stuff toward the end of October.

Waiting patiently to see what comes of the location. I have seen info and GoogleEarth shots of some of the locations that DMenace is considering and it looks like this will be some fun times.

Word.:clap for you:

Saltytonk
06-08-2012, 3:45 PM
the date looks good to me at this point. I will probably have to roll in saturday morning ( 2 daughters in marching band----football friday night) but I'm good to go !!:cheersmate:

batdog
06-08-2012, 4:07 PM
hey dudes!

i'm having trouble figuring out who i met over the past couple of days at work and i'm sorry i couldnt hang out more. duty calls at the mohawk often! (and being hammered most of the time doesnt help.)

hit me back if any of you wanna go on a ride, have a beer or light some shit on fire. as soon as my beast gets out of the welders hands, lets hit the fucking road.

-burney batdog

dmenace78
06-10-2012, 3:58 PM
Hey, batdog! I wish that I could help you with your memory problem, but sometimes I can't even remember who the fuck I am! I hope you had a great weekend serving up all the booze to the ROT crew. Oh, and hopefully I'll be meeting you in person when I grace the Mohawk with my presence.
As for the rest of y'all, I just wanted to drop by and say that all is well out here in the sticks, and things are moving along quite nicely concerning this future event. I'm hoping in less than a couple of weeks I'll be able to post this on the official ChopCult events calendar. I just wanna make sure that I have all of my ducks in a row before that happens.
In the meanwhile, ride fast and take chances...but keep the shiny side up!

TroubleLeather1
06-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Hhaha!! No lie I was gonna get you onto this!! Dude I was at the Bash in Hico too. Or did we already talk about that? Shit I don't remember. I saw your bike on CL.

I was at the Bastard Bash Friday & had to leave at noon saturday.......Yeah Lance, It's been one hell of a bike! but i HAVE to have an FXR!! :clap for you: So tell whoever i'll trade even for one or take 7G for this one, ' 05 dyna w/upgrades has 17,400 miles :cheersmate: (No Hijack intended haha!)

So we don't know if it's gonna be in Dublin or not?.....October would be good! Unless it interfears with the Lonestar River run....If they do it again it'll be the 3rd one & i look forward to that in New Braunsful

66triumph
06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Lonestar River run....If they do it again it'll be the 3rd one & i look forward to that in New Braunsful

We are, I'll elaborate more as it gets closer to time. (oct 19-21) So just PM me for the time being please

-Aaron

dmenace78
06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Alright, you greasy bastards. I just wanted to stop by and say that the plan is coming together nicely! I'm just a few frog hairs away from declaring this "official".
I'm very close to securing the location, which I'm very certain will please everyone involved. This place literally has the best of everything, and is just darn near free. :D
Who could complain about soft green grass, a private pavillion, and showers to wash your stinky ass in...should you be inclined? Oh. And it's by a river.
Yeah, wish me luck! More details to come!

AngryJohnny
06-26-2012, 9:37 AM
Does it have a Starbucks?.. It's gonna need a Starbucks.

IrishMike
06-26-2012, 1:12 PM
I just moved to North Houston from Southern California so I am bummed to be missing Born Free 4 as I have gone every year so far. If there are any guys in my neck of the woods it would be great to ride out with them. Let me know. Also, I haven't been on a good ride since I got here so if any 33ers are near by and want to maybe even do some bar hoppin I'm down. Hit me up.

dmenace78
06-26-2012, 2:57 PM
Hey, Irishmike. Sorry that you're bummed about missing born free 4, but don't despair. There's a pretty hip chopper scene here in Texas! You just gotta be willing to travel to find it! I'll admit that Houston is a considerably father trip for a rider than say, Austin or Dallas, but if you wanna hang with some top quality people (myself excluded) then try to make it to this shindig. You'd fit right on in.
Oh. Johnny! I'll make sure to pack a Keureg (sic?) coffee squeezer thingy along. Maybe it'll slate your thirst for expensive Joe. Or, perhaps you'd care for a cup of Johann? Mmmm?

AngryJohnny
06-26-2012, 3:15 PM
Oh, I've got a Coleman gasoline one-burner & a small percolator crammed with a ziplok baggie full of Folgers that'll all fit inside my saddle bag.. I got it covered, Hoss! :cheersmate:

It sounds like it's coming together mighty fine! I'll be ditching out on work that Friday, and rolling out that morning.. lookin' forward to it. When you get the location nailed down let us know the coordinates, so I can pull out my maps & start plotting and scheming.

dmenace78
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey, Johnny! You best bring enough coffee to share, y'hear? Otherwise, a fish might just end up in that percolator!

blackout
07-02-2012, 8:44 AM
ill tell yall what ill come out and make yall some coffee like we drank in the army. black and thick. it will put some hair on your nuts.

DollaBill
07-02-2012, 2:10 PM
So where is this going to take place? I'm North of Dallas.

Nosebleed
07-02-2012, 2:14 PM
I talked to DM a week or so ago and he was still working it out. I didn't get a lot of details but if it's the place that he was looking into then (he has literally entertained about 20 different locations already) then it's near San Saba, TX. That's all I know.

Just hoping that I'll be able to make it.

brianrmcgill
07-02-2012, 7:18 PM
Hell ya. Ready to get the official details do I can start making plans!! I will be coming from ft worth area!

Chile
07-05-2012, 9:58 AM
Maybe I missed it in the forum.... but whats the date???? So I can get my bobber done in time

dmenace78
07-05-2012, 2:26 PM
Hey, Chile.
I notice you don't have a profile pic. Are you a cop?
Just kidding.

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies to all who have been following this thread. It's been balls to the wall for me lately, and I've not been posting like I should.
Once again...unless some natural disaster or biblical plague stands in our way, the date for this shindig is OCTOBER 12TH-14TH, and the location will be San Saba, Tx.
When I started all of this nonsense, I had no idea how much trouble it would be to find a location. Believe me when I say that good locations are hard to come by, and great ones are as rare as hen's teeth. But, alas, I believe that I've found something that everyone can (or should) be able to live with. The only thing is: it'll be a farther ride for you northerners than it will for the southerners.
But, hey...y'all are bikers, right? And, bikers love to ride bikes!

I'll be back shortly with more details.
Thanks, y'all!:cool:

Chile
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
No demenace. I'm super lazy, but a picture of me and my triumph will be up soon. Cant wait to ride it to. San Saba in October. Cheers:cheersmate:

dmenace78
07-09-2012, 5:29 PM
Alright, you greasy bastards. On Thursday evening I should be able to put a hard confirmation on the location for this shindig. I've been saving my pennies despite some tough financial opposition, and I think I've got it all together now.
Keep in mind that I'm trying to keep this thing *free* for all who desire to attend. I'm doing this only in the interest of growing the scene. I'm not worried about it, because I know that there'll be a lot of good dudes stepping forward to toss a few bucks into the hat!
I'll be back with ya soon!

DollaBill
07-11-2012, 4:05 PM
Awesome man!

xllance
07-12-2012, 8:30 PM
Thinking I will be off those days. If the Nazis will leave my schedule alone. Hell, I might not be able to stay for the whole shindig but I will manage to make a showing at least.

blackout
07-12-2012, 8:51 PM
Well I wont be making this. That's the weekend of my wedding.

xllance
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Well I wont be making this. That's the weekend of my wedding.

Man, people get married everyday, this is a one time deal. :D

dmenace78
07-15-2012, 1:21 AM
Y'know, Blackout...in retrospect, I wish that I would've been hanging out at an awesome biker bro-down instead of saying "I do", all those years ago. Admittedly, at first the "love and honor" thing is all peaches and cream, but then the endorphins quit pumping and the reality sets in. And then, all you got is your chopper...until she makes you sell it. :(
JUST KIDDING! Congratulations, man!
Hey, Lance. Saturday the 13th is the main event. I'm planning a long-ish ride which would start about 9:30am and go on until whenever. I'm gonna be camped out at the shindig all weekend, and I hope a bunch of others will do the same; but I know all about time constraints and the family obligations that keep it all real.
This is intended to be a "ride in, camp out" kinda thing, but those who "ride in, and ride out" are more than welcome! And, just tell those Nazi fucks to eat a bag of dicks if they try to mess with your plans!

truerobotech
07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Im already marking dates for this.

Hey DM if you need a hand on some stuff prior to the gig let me know I can make some runs up that way to help out. I can make myself avail the 11th to if it helps.

I have some server space could setup a event page,

Looking forward to this something fierce.

Whitetr4sh
07-16-2012, 3:22 PM
Anything I can do to help just let me know.

Saltytonk
07-16-2012, 9:26 PM
I'm still in Dennis! Just let me know what I can do.
yeehaaww ...I'm ready for some more 33 road trippin.

dmenace78
07-18-2012, 9:36 PM
You guys are the best! The time to help is drawing near. As of today, our location has been secured. The dates are nailed down. I'm burning the midnight oil putting together the final details, and everything seems to be coming together nicely.
Dial in those bikes, and make sure that your tents and camping gear are good to go. We're gonna have a fucking blast in the month of October!:cheersmate:

dmenace78
07-18-2012, 11:26 PM
This shindig has officially been posted to the main Events page. :D

TroubleLeather1
07-19-2012, 1:44 PM
I'm in! San Saba is only 45 min from here so if anyone is passing through or close to Brownwood holler at me, we should also ride to Castell, it about 50 miles from there & there's a cool little bar in the middle of know where that's like an old time general store & we can watch the owners Rooster hump a Bass...... It's pretty funny:cheersmate:

AngryJohnny
07-19-2012, 3:57 PM
A bass humping rooster?.. I'm in!.. now is that a rooster that humps a largemouth bass?..or a rooster that humps a bass guitar?...either way, I'm in!

Looking forward to it, Dennis!. You should do a forum search for all the Texas 33ers and send all of them all the invite like Kirk did with the Just Kickers Rally. I'll chip in a little scratch for admission to help wih the costs. Will there be shirts?

I'll be heading through San Saba with the family in a couple weeks. I'll have to do a little recon.

dmenace78
07-19-2012, 5:26 PM
Hey, Trouble. Glad to hear that you're all jazzed up about this! I've been through Castell, but I never stopped. But, I feel strangely compelled to see this rooster that you speak of. I've not had that much fun since I was first row at the donkey show! I'm actually still piecing together the ride, but I'll put this into heavy consideration. Thanks for the recommendation. Oh, and I'm always close to Brownwood, so we should get together sometime!
Johnny! I'm definitely getting shirts together for this shindig. Actually, Hepcat13 (Nixxin) is getting the artwork together right now, and I will be doing the banner/shirt/sticker thing as the d-day draws closer. His artwork is freaking sick (in a good way), and I'm so glad that he's volunteered his services for this event. :)
Thanks, guys!
Oh, Johnny...let me know about that recon, alright?

TroubleLeather1
07-20-2012, 11:13 AM
His name is Cockaroo & it's a singing billy bass hahaha

TroubleLeather1
07-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Oh cool I didn't realize your in Comanche, shit that's just down the street.....

xllance
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
His name is Cockaroo & it's a singing billy bass hahaha
First time I've heard of a good use for one of those Singing Bass !!

mfarris
07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
When I first started reading this thread i was stoked that it was gonna be in dublin, 15 minutes away. But count me in still for San saba, should be a nice little trip down there

dmenace78
07-25-2012, 8:52 PM
Glad to have you on board, mfarris. it's gonna be a blast!

mfarris
07-26-2012, 8:59 AM
Thanks man, ive been lurkin for awhile, figured i might as well become a 33er myself

dmenace78
07-30-2012, 11:34 PM
hey, y'all. My appreciation for those who've been following this thread undying, but let's shift gears. Go to the events section, and join "Road to Ruin". it'll give me a better idea of who all is gonna join us for this event, and that's better for all parties involved.
Thanks again!!

http://www.chopcult.com/event/480/

JeremyResults
08-04-2012, 2:34 AM
Just put in for the days off. I'll get 'em, no doubt in my mind that I won't.

Stoked beyond stoked. Hopefully the misses will come up with, put her through the paces on her first run.

dmenace78
08-04-2012, 7:46 PM
I'm stoked that you're gonna make this run, Results.
I've got great news! There's a ton of beer and liquor in San Saba. There's even a Brewpub that serves their own special brew(s). The guys are gonna love that!
How is that good news for you and I? It's not, but I'm gonna be bringing a shitload of soda pop, courtesy of Dublin Bottling Works! It's delicious!
Tell yer missus that if she don't show, I'll call her dirty names behind her back. :)

JeremyResults
08-05-2012, 1:32 AM
Dude....Dublin soda......

IM SOLD.

Chile
08-05-2012, 9:18 PM
Man.... every time I read this thing I about shit with excitement! I can not wait. I need to get off this barge and finish my triumph. I'm a ready teady for this run!:cheersmate:

blackout
08-06-2012, 9:43 AM
Well it looks like I'm going to get to make it after all. We are pushing our wedding date back so I'm in.

Who all from dfw is going. We could all meet up and ride in together.

dmenace78
08-06-2012, 1:21 PM
Alright, Blackout! You're setting a serious example here.
Check this out guys...This dude pushed his wedding day back just so he could make this run! Now THAT'S some serious devotion to the scene! (Jk, lol, haha!)
For real, though. I am really glad that you're gonna get to make the scene. :)

Whitetr4sh
08-06-2012, 2:35 PM
I can't wait for this thing. Workin all the overtime I can to get my bike finished. Once again anything I can do to help just let me know.

Chile
08-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I hear you. I'm in the same boat. I'm just about there though. I'm diverting all my efforts into my bike for this run!

dmenace78
08-07-2012, 3:59 PM
Well it looks like I'm going to get to make it after all. We are pushing our wedding date back so I'm in.

Who all from dfw is going. We could all meet up and ride in together.

Hey, Blackout. I've not been paying too much attention to who's coming from where, but I do have a recommendation. Get in touch with AngryJohnny. He's a good friend and co-conspirator from the northlands. He'll be riding in from that direction, and he's usually cool with fellow riders.

blackout
08-07-2012, 6:02 PM
Hey, Blackout. I've not been paying too much attention to who's coming from where, but I do have a recommendation. Get in touch with AngryJohnny. He's a good friend and co-conspirator from the northlands. He'll be riding in from that direction, and he's usually cool with fellow riders.

oh yea me and him have been chatting on FB. ill shoot him a pm on their.

hey do you have a flyer made up or something i can post on fb or something so local guys can see.

dmenace78
08-07-2012, 6:20 PM
oh yea me and him have been chatting on FB. ill shoot him a pm on their.

hey do you have a flyer made up or something i can post on fb or something so local guys can see.

The flyer isn't ready just yet. Actually, Hepcat13 is working his mad artistic magic on that as we speak. It won't be long until it is done. i wanted to get this thing up on the event calendar quickly, and expose the main group to it first. Y'know, people gotta have plenty of time to get their ducks in a row...ask off from work, push back wedding dates, etc. ;)
So, I had to use my own crappy photo. But, fear not. Original artwork is on it's way, and it's KILLER.

blackout
08-08-2012, 5:56 AM
The flyer isn't ready just yet. Actually, Hepcat13 is working his mad artistic magic on that as we speak. It won't be long until it is done. i wanted to get this thing up on the event calendar quickly, and expose the main group to it first. Y'know, people gotta have plenty of time to get their ducks in a row...ask off from work, push back wedding dates, etc. ;)
So, I had to use my own crappy photo. But, fear not. Original artwork is on it's way, and it's KILLER.

its all good man, i just posted up the event and i allready have a group of guys saying they are going.

AngryJohnny
08-08-2012, 3:06 PM
Hell yeah! It's shaping up!. I was kinda thinking about riding west & linking up with Salty & XLLance if their schedules allow, then heading down FM 4, but it seems Salty said something about maybe having to wait until Saturday to roll out. I may have to hookup down around Ft. Worth with the DFW bunch that's forming.. I'll know more about my schedule as it gets closer. It's gonna be a good time.

Saltytonk
08-08-2012, 3:51 PM
Hell yeah! It's shaping up!. I was kinda thinking about riding west & linking up with Salty & XLLance if their schedules allow, then heading down FM 4, but it seems Salty said something about maybe having to wait until Saturday to roll out. I may have to hookup down around Ft. Worth with the DFW bunch that's forming.. I'll know more about my schedule as it gets closer. It's gonna be a good time.

Yeah Johnny , I would love to roll with ya......but I have 2 daughters in the HS marching band . And have a football game friday night.. So its saturday morning for me.

dmenace78
08-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Ah, football and marching bands. Reminds me of being a kid! It's understandable that y'all and some others won't be able to make it until the morning of the 13th. But, with the ride that I've got mapped out, y'all are gonna have some serious ass callouses by the end of the day!
It'll all be good though. Good food, beer, bikes, bro's, grooves...maybe a dip in the river, should you desire to.
Did I mention that camp is right next to a river? A flowing river, fed by natural springs!

Chile
08-09-2012, 1:43 PM
A river! I need to pack my floaties.

904Punk
08-11-2012, 3:34 PM
Count one more in from Ft. Worth, I know a couple others out here who will probably want in on this too!

BIGHYDRO
08-11-2012, 9:09 PM
In

dmenace78
08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Glad to hear it, guys!

AngryJohnny
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM
DMenace, I checked out the park last week and had a couple questions.

I sent you a PM.

dmenace78
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Alright. amigos. We're just a little over a month away from some serious road trippin'. Tune those bikes, and make sure your living will and testament is in order. Just kidding. Kinda.

TS
09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
So pumped for this! All of the parts I need to get my Shovelhead back on the road will be here on Monday!

blackout
09-13-2012, 8:43 AM
bump:cheersmate:

AngryJohnny
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I was just thinkimng the other day, It's getting about time we DFW guys start ironing out any details on route, meetup, departure times, etc..

This is gonna be a good one! :cheersmate:

blackout
09-13-2012, 2:18 PM
I was just thinkimng the other day, It's getting about time we DFW guys start ironing out any details on route, meetup, departure times, etc..

This is gonna be a good one! :cheersmate:

i keep asking what the plan is but not getting much info back. but Johnny for the love of my ass lets plan a more direct rout.lmao

AngryJohnny
09-14-2012, 5:17 PM
i keep asking what the plan is but not getting much info back. but Johnny for the love of my ass lets plan a more direct rout.lmao

LOL!.. we could prolly work something out for you tender asses.. I was thinking about going down FM 4 , but I rode part of it a couple weeks back & the gas wells were popping up like mushrooms after a rain storm.. at least they were on the stretch north of Graford, so those roads my have some "blemishes"
I guess I don't tend to notice road bumps as much on my bike. After our ride last Sunday, I'm starting to think no matter how much I love the look of a rigid, when I can finally afford another bike, I better make it a softail. :asshat:
We could plan a good road to hwy 281, then south. 281 is a pretty direct route to San Saba,and I believe in pretty good shape...and it's nice country riding. I'm about to get the discussion kick started, over on the BNB group and see when folks are able to head out, times, routes, and such some of those guys ain't on here, but are planning on going.

mfarris
09-15-2012, 8:24 AM
^^^^ Once you get past Hico, 281 gets pretty scenic, nice country riding especially this time of year. Good road too for the most part

Saltytonk
09-15-2012, 8:27 AM
16 is an option too.

I wont be heading out till saturday morning. Gonna check with Dennis about the route ....might have to catch up on the way.

dmenace78
09-15-2012, 8:37 PM
Hey there, guys! I've been so damn busy, I've not even checked on this thread lately!
For all of you north Texans and DFW guys, I'd like to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys. I've made a few slight changes to the itinerary just for y'all. For instance, I've made the ride shorter (but better), and I'm changing the ride time from 9:30 to 10:30. Of course, that's all just "time bullshit" anyway. That whole "official ride time thing is just kind of a way to let people know to get their asses in the saddle and put the kickstands up.
If y'all want a good, scenic ride that's quick and to the point, I highly recommend riding the I-20 to Strawn, then head due south on Hwy16. It's a beautiful road, and it leads straight into San Saba.
Keep me posted on your plans, and let me know if you get into a bind.

AngryJohnny
09-16-2012, 7:25 AM
Yeah, 16 is the road I was thinking of.. not 281. 281 parallels 16 to the east...I don't get down that way much so I get those roads mixed up, without glancing at a map.

Dennis's route might be good if our group is larger. Generally, I tend to stay away from interstate riding because it's dull in comparison to all the FM roads around here, but that stretch of I-20 between Weatherford and Eastland is kinda pretty, and more interesting than most interstate riding.. plus it would alllow us to pass slower traffic more easily.
I'll pull the maps out this evening and give them a look.

Saltytonk
09-16-2012, 7:46 AM
So Johnny ....are you going friday evening or saturday morning. my posse and I can meet you in Strawn saturday morning. be in Strawn by 7 am. Not sure yet who all is riding with me. maybe 3 or 4 or maybe solo.

AngryJohnny
09-16-2012, 5:52 PM
I haven't really ironed out a solid plan of action, but I was planning on taking that Friday off from work and heading out sometime around mid-morning on Friday. I told Dennis I could probably get there simetime mid to late afternoon & help him kind of get things squared away at the park grounds. I guess I need to call Dennis ,and find out the details, as well as touch base with any of the DFW guys that are going to see who's planning on rolling down on that Friday.

We'd sure like the Loud N Greasy crew to make the Sat run, as soon as ya'll have a plan figured out about when you can head down, let Dennis know what y'all's ETA for rolling into San Saba. I imagine with the shortened route, we might be able to delay the KSU time a little to give you guys more time to get into town to join in if that is possible.

dmenace78
09-16-2012, 9:41 PM
We'd sure like the Loud N Greasy crew to make the Sat run, as soon as ya'll have a plan figured out about when you can head down, let Dennis know what y'all's ETA for rolling into San Saba. I imagine with the shortened route, we might be able to delay the KSU time a little to give you guys more time to get into town to join in if that is possible.[/QUOTE]

Well said, Johnny. The KSU time and the ride can absolutely be delayed for the Loud N Greasy crew. Gabe has been a big supporter of this thing from the get-go, and I'd hate to leave without he or any others in his entourage. Keep me in the know, y'all!

904Punk
09-16-2012, 11:53 PM
I was thinking of heading down after work on Friday from Fort Worth, anyone else heading down anytime after 5 Friday from the DFW area?

dmenace78
09-17-2012, 6:59 AM
Ok, guys. According to a brief and somewhat cryptic Facebook post this morning, Steffan of Zombie Performance is once again laid up after a crash. He was on the road to recovery after a run-in with a deer while returning home from the BornFree show, and it seems that misfortune has darkened his day again.
Steffan is a major supporter of grassroots chopper events, and a sponsor of both the Psycho de Mayo run, and the Road to Ruin.
I'm going to be getting in touch with Gabe of Loud N Greasy, and the guys from Filthy52 to see what we can do to lend a helping hand to Steffan. I'll keep you posted as details become available.

1customchop
09-17-2012, 7:08 AM
I think the Austin and southern area guys should get off our asses and start getting our shit together for our ride in Friday. I know I as well as others have taken Friday off, so I'd say a noonish ride in would be best. That would give any southies time to get into Austin, meet up, and all roll out. Unfortunate news is Nosebleed doesn't think he's gonna make it out until late Fri night at best. So I'll leave the organization of a late Fri night/Sat morning ride up to him. For the rest of us I know I wanna get there and get the party started as soon as we can!

Here's my first idea:
1. Southies head North at their own pace, in order to be in the Round Rock area by Noon
2. The greater Austin crew meet at Twin Peaks, or something to that effect.... I mean who doesn't wanna see some T&A before we leave?
3. No rush for kickstands up, just more of a "when everyone gets there" kinda thing

That should put us in Saba with plenty of time to set up camp and get crackin on "festivities"

What do ya'll think?

1customchop
09-17-2012, 7:13 AM
Dennis, where did you see "said" post? I don't see anything on his FB or the main Zombie site???

Saltytonk
09-17-2012, 8:08 AM
He posted early this morning that he was done riding motorcycles..... and a friend of his posted he was in hospital due to another accident... no more details as of yet. He hasnt answered my texts .........

Saltytonk
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
he answered my text and is going into surgery .....no other details as of yet. Said he was pretty busted up.

1customchop
09-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the updates Gabe

Nosebleed
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Geez, how much misfortune can one guy handle? Sorry to hear about Steffan having another accident. I'm sure that we'll get details as they become available but hope that he isn't left with any long term problems.

mfarris
09-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, looks like i wont be ridin down til saturday mornin so if anyone is comin through stephenville and wants to meet up let me know

Saltytonk
09-21-2012, 2:46 PM
I'm heading that way saturday morning......but wont be going thru Stephenville ...If you can meet up with us somewhere on 16 , you are certainly welcome.

maybe in De leon

mfarris
09-21-2012, 3:31 PM
Yeah that would be great

thegreatwhitebison
09-24-2012, 9:49 AM
Anyone know if there is a plan for a dfw group to meet up yet?

904Punk
09-24-2012, 9:54 AM
Anyone know if there is a plan for a dfw group to meet up yet?

Most people seems to be leaving Saturday morning from what I've gathered. Haven't heard anything about where the meetup will be at, where in dfw are you?

Nosebleed
09-24-2012, 9:55 AM
It's looking like my fortunes have changed (fingers crossed). I was roped into attending a conference in San Antonio and would not be back in ATX until late Friday night but it looks like I will be able to delegate someone to go in my stead. It's good to be the boss.

Looking forward to riding up on Friday with the Filthy fellas. Word.

thegreatwhitebison
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Most people seems to be leaving Saturday morning from what I've gathered. Haven't heard anything about where the meetup will be at, where in dfw are you?

I'm up in keller, but I work in downtown Fort Worth... I could meet up anywhere, friday or saturday.

Whitetr4sh
09-24-2012, 2:26 PM
Anybody gonna be rolling through Brownwood on Friday? Dmenace, when are you gonna be headed down? Maybe we could meet up somewhere.

dmenace78
09-24-2012, 8:08 PM
Hey, tr4sh. I'm gonna be headed down that way very early on the morning of the 12th. Depending on how everything works out, I'll be hauling a truckload of stuff (coolers, chairs, etc.) to San Saba in preparation for the shindig.
After that, I'll be back in the hometown doing some last minute skin-of-my-teeth stuff before hopping on the chopper. I'll get in touch with you, and we'll coordinate the ride down. :)

Whitetr4sh
09-24-2012, 9:08 PM
Cool Man. If you need any help hauling shit down there just let me know. I can grab a truck and trailer if needed.

dmenace78
09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Alright, y'all. I'm going to be printing a limited run of t-shirts (and maybe some other souvenir type goodies), so here's the deal:
Send me a pm and tell me what size you wear. For those of you who were able to get a shirt from Psycho de Mayo, these will be the same brand as those shirts, and that should help you determine the proper size. That should be a big help for the "smedium" and "marge" guys like me and Nosebleed.
Once you contact me with your size, I'll send a pm back to you with Paypal info.
Thanks, dudes!
Talk to ya soon.

thegreatwhitebison
10-02-2012, 3:19 PM
@dmenace,
You gonna have any of these for sale at the r2r? I don't have a bank account to do paypal but def. want to pick one of these up.

Nosebleed
10-02-2012, 3:22 PM
Alright, y'all. I'm going to be printing a limited run of t-shirts (and maybe some other souvenir type goodies), so here's the deal:
Send me a pm and tell me what size you wear. For those of you who were able to get a shirt from Psycho de Mayo, these will be the same brand as those shirts, and that should help you determine the proper size. That should be a big help for the "smedium" and "marge" guys like me and Nosebleed.
Once you contact me with your size, I'll send a pm back to you with Paypal info.
Thanks, dudes!
Talk to ya soon.

Marge? Nah, I'm stuck between Large and XL. I'll have to put my PMR shirt on again tonight to help me remember. I'll point the Filthy fellas your way as well if they want a shirt.

truerobotech
10-02-2012, 7:50 PM
Digging through the pages looking for folks headed from San Antonio on friday (off that day). What was the term southies I saw earlier.

Im on the southside but we can find a spot really anywhere, take blanco out or similar enjoy the roads up or burn up 281 bleh

Hey Filthyclutch your plan looking like it will work out, twin peaks by noon? solo or a small gaggle could meet you guys there and roll.

dmenace78
10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
@dmenace,
You gonna have any of these for sale at the r2r?

Yeah, man. There'll be some shirts for sale at the shindig, but if you wear a size other than large or XL, you might be outta luck. There will be a very small quantity of medium's and 2xl's, but those are mainly pre-order. Gimme your size right now, and I'll reserve one of whatever size you want.

FilthyClutch
10-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Digging through the pages looking for folks headed from San Antonio on friday (off that day). What was the term southies I saw earlier.

Im on the southside but we can find a spot really anywhere, take blanco out or similar enjoy the roads up or burn up 281 bleh

Hey Filthyclutch your plan looking like it will work out, twin peaks by noon? solo or a small gaggle could meet you guys there and roll.

I think the Austin and southern area guys should get off our asses and start getting our shit together for our ride in Friday. I know I as well as others have taken Friday off, so I'd say a noonish ride in would be best. That would give any southies time to get into Austin, meet up, and all roll out. Unfortunate news is Nosebleed doesn't think he's gonna make it out until late Fri night at best. So I'll leave the organization of a late Fri night/Sat morning ride up to him. For the rest of us I know I wanna get there and get the party started as soon as we can!

Here's my first idea:
1. Southies head North at their own pace, in order to be in the Round Rock area by Noon
2. The greater Austin crew meet at Twin Peaks, or something to that effect.... I mean who doesn't wanna see some T&A before we leave?
3. No rush for kickstands up, just more of a "when everyone gets there" kinda thing

That should put us in Saba with plenty of time to set up camp and get crackin on "festivities"

What do ya'll think?

YUP!!!! Our plan is still to meet at Twin Peaks in Round Rock at Noon, relax a bit, let all our Southern Brothers make their way into Austin, and then roll to San Saba around 2-3pm, that will put us there slightly before 6pm , worst case scenario. That way we have plenty of time to set up camp and get the party started. 512-299-2112, pscottwilkerson@gmail.com or just PM me with any questions/concerns.

blackout
10-03-2012, 6:30 AM
hey everyone if you could RSVP on here that would be awesome. thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/360037564084788/

TroubleLeather1
10-04-2012, 7:15 AM
One Week....ish:cheersmate:

dmenace78
10-07-2012, 8:46 PM
Alright, y'all. It's just a few more days until the shindig, and I'm fuckin' stoked!
If anybody has any questions, comments, or whatnot, just shoot me a PM or something. If not, then I'll just look forward to meeting up with y'all in San Saba.
Seeya!

brianrmcgill
10-09-2012, 7:26 AM
Quick question about r2r.... Are we going to be allowed to have a camp fire????

dmenace78
10-09-2012, 1:10 PM
Hey, Brian. There's good and bad news about the campfire situation. There are no open "ground fires" allowed at Risien Park. However, there's a good sized BBQ grill at the pavillion, and there are several small typical park-style cookers scattered around the park. It's a bummer that we don't have a big fire pit, but there's been very little rain in that country.
We'll get a comfortable arrangement figured out, though.

Nosebleed
10-09-2012, 1:37 PM
I have a few questions, Dennis:
1. Will there be a costume contest? If so, may I win, please?
2. What's the beer situation? Will there be some at the park, is it BYOB, or what's the word?
3. What's the food situation? Will there be some at the park, is it BYOF, or what's the word?

dmenace78
10-09-2012, 1:59 PM
2. What's the beer situation? Will there be some at the park, is it BYOB, or what's the word?
3. What's the food situation? Will there be some at the park, is it BYOF, or what's the word?

Beer definitely won't be a problem. San Saba is a wet town, and there are several places to buy brew, not counting the two places in town that have the stuff on tap; Bar D Brewpub, and Diggers Bar. By all means, enjoy your favorite beverage!
The food situation is also not an issue. There are plenty of fine establishments in San Saba to buy a meal, and there's a small grocery store that has a good supply of camp grub.
I was already planning on a cookout in the park for Saturday night, but if anyone wants to cook before then, by all means, feel free! I'm going to provide a couple bags of charcoal, but any food purchases will be up to the group or individual.
In other words, when we all roll up and set up camp, then will be the time to go get beer and food. And all will be good.
And, yes...if there's a costume contest I'm sure you will win, Nosebleed. ;)

Nosebleed
10-09-2012, 2:10 PM
and this park, it's close to town?

dmenace78
10-09-2012, 2:18 PM
Yeah, man. We're actually very close to town, but secluded nonetheless. There'll be several cages in action (mine included) that can make beer runs and whatnot. The G&R Market is right on the square, just a few blocks from camp. Restaurants are plentiful, and for anyone who forgot those last minute accessories, Alco is on the other end of town.
Like I said though, Risien Park is quite secluded. We have (2) enhance/exit gates that are all our own. Either one of these can be shut to keep interlopers away. There's lots of shade, and plenty of places to hide from prying eyes!

904Punk
10-09-2012, 2:21 PM
I'm not great at many things but I have been giving the title of grill master quite a few times in my life so if you need someone to man the grill, let me know.

dmenace78
10-09-2012, 2:24 PM
I'm not great at many things but I have been giving the title of grill master quite a few times in my life so if you need someone to man the grill, let me know.

That's the old team spirit, Punk! A grill master is definitely needed. Believe me...you don't want me cookin' yer meat!

brianrmcgill
10-09-2012, 2:58 PM
My cage and trailer will both be there if we need to use either one I'm cool with it!!!! Thanks for the quick response in the camp fire question. Just means more room on the trailer!

FilthyClutch
10-09-2012, 3:09 PM

Nose's costume... Take note!: NO NUTS

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mUEriLkd3GE/S-xYRWNTdPI/AAAAAAAADOk/AwSa8Ulz5mA/s1600/squirrel.jpg

Nosebleed
10-09-2012, 4:31 PM
Sorry dude, I shoulda told ya, I'm not wearing that one on-a-count-a the weather is going to be too hot. I'll save it for your birthday party.

Nah, I'm gonna wear my Leprechaun outfit. "Sha-ha, Sha-ha, do ye know any durty limericks, Laddy?"

FilthyClutch
10-09-2012, 4:34 PM
I was thinking more like...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Amish_man.jpg

Nosebleed
10-10-2012, 9:32 AM
Sweet! Yeah, I'm going to change my screen name to "AmishAssassin" or something "edgy" like that.

I'd get one of those dope-ass hats but that faggy Jack White guy from The White Stripes beat me to it, and I can't stand that dude. Punch in dee face!

FilthyClutch
10-10-2012, 9:41 AM
I happen to dig Jack White... and Jack Black for that matter... pretty much anything in a bottle with the name Jack on it too.

Nosebleed
10-10-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/76451.jpg

BolliverShagnasty
10-10-2012, 2:12 PM
Man, you two really know how to hijack a thread.

That's just filthy...

FilthyClutch
10-10-2012, 2:25 PM
Man, you two really know how to hijack a thread.

That's just filthy...

I'm better at it than Nose... see:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27533412.jpg

BolliverShagnasty
10-10-2012, 2:56 PM
Awesome.

Nosebleed
10-10-2012, 3:08 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/74271.jpg

FilthyClutch
10-10-2012, 3:39 PM
Sorry.... I Win The Gold!!!

Nosebleed
10-10-2012, 3:42 PM
Im assuming you posted up a picture, but I can't see it because I'm at work.

Regardless, Makayla Maroney is not impressed.

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 9:39 AM
Bumped up to 40% chance of rain on Saturday.... GRRRRRRRR

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/San+Saba+TX+USTX1212:1:US

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 9:41 AM

Just shut up, dude!

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 9:45 AM
Just shut up, dude!

Did I mention my hammock has a rainfly????

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 9:48 AM
Did I mention my hammock has a rainfly????

Excellent!
Did I mention that everyone should bring jackets and chaps, just in case?

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 9:50 AM
And make sure that your chaps are ridiculous!

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 9:51 AM
Dude.............. don't let me hear the word "Chaps" come out of you mouth ever again

blackout
10-11-2012, 9:55 AM
Dude.............. don't let me hear the word "Chaps" come out of you mouth ever again

rotflmao!

brianrmcgill
10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Hahaha. I bought some Coleman rain gear from Walmart yesterday just incase

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Dennis... Can we get a pic of the shirt design, an idea of what Swag has been graciously donated, etc.?

Saltytonk
10-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Well son of a goat whore!!!!!

I just got a phone call that may screw me over on makeing it this weekend!!!

Due to a pencil neck engineer 's mistake . I may have to work saturday and sunday!!!!!

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Well son of a goat whore!!!!!

I just got a phone call that may screw me over on makeing it this weekend!!!

Due to a pencil neck engineer 's mistake . I may have to work saturday and sunday!!!!!

I feel the flu comin on.... for you that is

Saltytonk
10-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Well I'm hopeing it works out.......I'm hopeing that the shipping company drags thier feet getting the stuff back to me I've got to rebuild......... I hope they dont get here till monday

Momo
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM

That means 60% chance no rain! Still meeting up at Twin Peaks tomorrow?

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
That means 60% chance no rain! Still meeting up at Twin Peaks tomorrow?

YESSIR!!! 12pm, stands up around 2ish.

Momo
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Sounds good, titties and beer.

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 12:56 PM
This makes me feel much better!

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/san-saba-tx/76877/hourly-weather-forecast/335878?day=3

blackout
10-11-2012, 1:20 PM
dennis is their any power out their for people who need to charge phones and what not?

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 1:34 PM
dennis is their any power out their for people who need to charge phones and what not?

Damn right! Actually, there are at least four dual-socket outlets that I know of. Maybe more. However, I'm sure that a couple of those are already dedicated to the PA system. The toilets are good, and there's even showers...but I doubt that they're hot. Nonetheless, I'd bring a towel. And swimming trunks, should you decide to swim. Unless you like to hang out with your Wang out.

Saltytonk
10-11-2012, 1:52 PM
Whew.....I'm back in......next week is gonna suck for me at work....but this weekend ...its two wheeled goodness!

blackout
10-11-2012, 2:54 PM
Damn right! Actually, there are at least four dual-socket outlets that I know of. Maybe more. However, I'm sure that a couple of those are already dedicated to the PA system. The toilets are good, and there's even showers...but I doubt that they're hot. Nonetheless, I'd bring a towel. And swimming trunks, should you decide to swim. Unless you like to hang out with your Wang out.

well cool and yea ill swim nude its only gay if you look.

Momo
10-11-2012, 3:01 PM
This makes me feel much better!

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/san-saba-tx/76877/hourly-weather-forecast/335878?day=3

There you go Dennis, that's what I'm talking about!

blackout
10-11-2012, 3:10 PM
If some one will bring a big tarp I bet we could rig something up for those of us who don't and can't get their bikes wet. Just incase.

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 3:14 PM
The tarp might come in handy, should we be on the road when it rains. But, if it rains when we're at camp, it's no big deal. There's a big pavilion type structure that we can park under.

blackout
10-11-2012, 3:19 PM
The tarp might come in handy, should we be on the road when it rains. But, if it rains when we're at camp, it's no big deal. There's a big pavilion type structure that we can park under.

well im going to have to figure something out then cause im running stacks.

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 3:46 PM
well im going to have to figure something out then cause im running stacks.

Vertical stacks?
I have stacks and ride in the rain all the time...

blackout
10-11-2012, 4:05 PM
Vertical stacks?
I have stacks and ride in the rain all the time...

No regular stacks. People have always told me not to run in the rain cause if you get water in their it's a pain in the ass.

FilthyClutch
10-11-2012, 4:08 PM
Meh... not unless it's like a frickin garden hose downpour or somethin. Hard to suck that much water in horizontally, it vaporizes before it can ever do any damage. Actually helps remove carbon a little. Now if you were to spray water in it while it nots running, different story... but pretty difficult with rain... unless your Forrest Gump in Vee-yett-nam

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 5:11 PM
Wow, y'all. I've been plenty busy today, lemme tell ya.
Nowathen...where were we? Oh, yeah!
@Saltytonk: I'm really glad that you're actually gonna make it. I would've been bummed if you'd been forced to work.
@FilthyClutch: here's what we got so far.
-Loud N Greasy sent two *awesome* seat brackets. One black, one bronze. Also, two LNG t-shirts. And of course, tons of gratis stickers!
-LadyHump sent two tee's (which are da bomb!) and one copy of the Biblica Socalica. Tons of stickers also.
-Zombie Performance sent a ton of stickers, and a set of Steffan's latest bars. They're called "trackers" and they're totally bitchin'.
I'm not sure what my good buddy over at Streamline Cycles is gonna throw in, but I have a feeling it'll be a couple of Jackets or vests.
I'm not going to give these items away. Instead, they're will be a raffle with the winner to be announced late Saturday evening. All proceeds go to a guy who supports the scene, even when he's down and out. I think most of you know who I'm talking about. ;)

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 5:18 PM
No regular stacks. People have always told me not to run in the rain cause if you get water in their it's a pain in the ass.

Yeah, I'm with Clutch on this one. I used to run a velocity stack on mine, and rode through Houston in a damn torrential downpour. No harm done. However, you can use duct tape, and a plastic bottle (or styrofoam cup) with a big hole on the backside. Lets air in, keeps water out.
I really don't think it'll rain until later in the evening, though. That is IF it rains!

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 5:57 PM
I almost forgot. The official R2R t-shirts are hot off the press...literally! Yeah, I know they all say "better late than never", but sheesh. I was starting to fret!
As I said before, these are very limited quantity. There are already a few that have been reserved by pre-payment, and I'd like to thank those of you who participated in the pre-sale. For those of you who could not, I really hope that you get the size that you want.
These shirts are super-cool, featuring a variant of the banner design by the talented Nixxin!
Be sure to check out his website www.nixxin.com

Nosebleed
10-11-2012, 8:04 PM
Dennis, there any lights up around that pavilion at night? Was just standing in my garage looking at random shit to stuff into my bag and thought..."small fluorescent shop light?"

Haha, getting stoked. Hoping that I don't have pneumonia though. Still feelin' shitty, yet I shall persevere.

blackout
10-11-2012, 8:09 PM
Dennis, there any lights up around that pavilion at night? Was just standing in my garage looking at random shit to stuff into my bag and thought..."small fluorescent shop light?"

Haha, getting stoked. Hoping that I don't have pneumonia though. Still feelin' shitty, yet I shall persevere.

don't worry about it brotha i have something wet and clear that will fix ya right up.

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 8:14 PM
Nose. Despite the ample lighting underneath the pavilion, I always carry extra lighting on excursions like this. By all means, bring your lamp. You never know when it might come in handy!
Oh, btw...sorry that you feel all shitty. It's a real bummer to be under the weather. You need some vicodin, whiskey, and a dose of prednasone. It'll fix you right up.

904Punk
10-11-2012, 8:20 PM
Damn, still working on getting my bike back together, coming down to the wire here.

Oh, and my homeboy who's coming got stuck working Friday night so I told him I'd wait for him to get off and we'll be leaving Fort Worth around midnight so don't mind us rolling in during the middle of the night.

Nosebleed
10-11-2012, 8:21 PM
Yeah, wish I had some prednisone. I'm taking antibiotics but afraid that the moonshine might be counteracting them, haha. Ah well, I'll live.

Dennis, what's the best route to take up there from ATX?

Nosebleed
10-11-2012, 8:30 PM
Zeke says 29 to Llano and then 16 up to San Saba. Sound right?

dmenace78
10-11-2012, 8:58 PM
29 is a gorgeous road, and I'd ride it if scenery is what you desire.
But, the more direct route is to take the 183 up to Lampasas, then follow 190 straight into San Saba.

truerobotech
10-14-2012, 6:54 AM
Dennis man what an event! Hated to roll out a day early and can't imagine the shenanigans that must have occupied Saturday evening. Thanks to the ATX Filthy 52 crew for letting me run, Austin is fortunate to have you guys. Look forward to the EDR viewing. Guys and ladies who pulled from all points Texas and Oklahoma have to say it was the shit laughing BSing and riding. I'm sure someone with art of the pen will document it much better than I could. So one question "hey Dennis where do we mark attending for the next one?"

FilthyClutch
10-14-2012, 11:58 AM
mmmmmmmmooooooootttttttttoooooooorrrrrrrrcccccccyy yyyyyccccccccllllllllllleeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BolliverShagnasty
10-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah man, hell of a time. Can't wait to do it again,

BolliverShagnasty
10-14-2012, 1:00 PM
BTW, Threw up a few pics from Friday night and Saturday during the day.

http://filthy-brad.tumblr.com/

FilthyClutch
10-14-2012, 1:27 PM
Dennis: "Jesus rolled me a cigarette..."

Only at an event like this will you have Jesus roll you a cigarette....

Whitetr4sh
10-14-2012, 2:23 PM
Good Times! I apologize to everyone for bringing the one asshole in the crowd.:banghead: He will not be with me next time or anytime for that matter. Thanks again Dennis. I'll be looking forward to the next R2R.:cheersmate:

Saltytonk
10-14-2012, 2:56 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/76274_4246294767371_1374186871_n.jpg

FilthyClutch
10-14-2012, 3:08 PM
Good Times! I apologize to everyone for bringing the one asshole in the crowd.:banghead: He will not be with me next time or anytime for that matter. Thanks again Dennis. I'll be looking forward to the next R2R.:cheersmate:

Uh oh... What happened after I left????

truerobotech
10-14-2012, 3:23 PM
An event blessed by 5 jesi (assuming that's how you say multiple Jesus)

@saltytonk man that shot is awesome Wonder if /when he found it?

Nice shots Scott, going to dig into my camera here in a bit hopefully have something worth posting

TS
10-14-2012, 3:35 PM
Great fucking weekend, you can take a look at my shots from the weekend

here www.filthy52.com (http://www.filthy52.com)

and here http://filthytravis.tumblr.com/

Saltytonk
10-14-2012, 3:50 PM
Hey Whitetrash .. dont sweat it man. It was good to meet ya!

yall can check out some of my pics at

www.loudandgreasy.blogspot.com

Momo
10-14-2012, 4:12 PM
Damn good weekend. Thanks again Dennis.

truerobotech
10-14-2012, 5:34 PM
Finally pulled pics off my camera, fucking iphoto.

Road To Ruin Set On Flikr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nolancreative/sets/72157631770894251/)

blackout
10-14-2012, 8:51 PM
guys that was a fucking blast. i cant remember the last time i drank that god damn much and got that trashed. thank you to everyone who didnt kick my ass last night i was not in the right frame of mind. and i just want to say im sorry for getting so trashed and making a ass of my self. and who ever cooler that was my fat ass went through just send me the bill.lol

Whitetr4sh
10-14-2012, 8:55 PM
guys that was a fucking blast. i cant remember the last time i drank that god damn much and got that trashed. thank you to everyone who didnt kick my ass last night i was not in the right frame of mind. and i just want to say im sorry for getting so trashed and making a ass of my self. and who ever cooler that was my fat ass went through just send me the bill.lol

Somebody PLEASE post the video!

904Punk
10-14-2012, 9:00 PM
Thanks again Dennis for putting this thing together! Also thanks to everyone who chipped in whenever I would break down lol

Made it all the way to Fort Worth before it broke down too bad that it had to join Heath's bike in the trailer.
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s479/jaxjoker66/318914_295229643924082_1624734653_n.jpg

904Punk
10-14-2012, 9:07 PM
Somebody PLEASE post the video!

I'll get it up once I figure out how to get it off my phone.

904Punk
10-14-2012, 9:33 PM
Ever wonder why Blackout's name is Blackout?

http://youtu.be/9iTE31axBt8

Nosebleed
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Hell yeah, I just got on CC for the first time since I've been home. I'll have to check out all of the photos and shit. It's hard to wrap up much of what happened at R2R in words, especially for people who weren't there, but here are some of my favorite thoughts and observations:

1. Chopper Jesus always has a Snickers bar to hand out to a hungry friend.
2. DO FUN SHIT!
3. "Hey Chris, your feet are really dirty; pick 'em up and let me see 'em..." SPLASH!
4. Don't pick a fight with Crack Nasty.
5. GreatWhiteBison needs a better belt.
6. Some Sportsters actually have "alarms" on them. Who knew?
7. Sonic has really good coffee.
8. Shovelheads will break down. It's not a matter of "if", simply "when."
9. There really is a rooster that will do all of those illicit things that Dennis told us about.
10. MOTORCYCLES!

Cheers bruvs! It was a fuckin' blast. See you soon.
Nose

TS
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Motorcycles!

dmenace78
10-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Motorcycles!!!

Nosebleed
10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah, a few more:

11. The people in San Saba, TX are pretty rad, even the cops, but especially the dude that we met at Sonic this morning who threw down some spark plugs to get 904Punk's Shovel back on the road. I mean, really, what are the odds of meeting another guy who rides an 83 Shovelhead in a small, rural town in central Texas? That's just Filthy!
12. Did you ride over the wooden foot bridge? "Click clack, click clack, click clack..."
13. Digg's bar and grille in San Saba not only has a killer cheeseburger, but they also have a super-cute waitress who was impervious to the power of Clutch's brown suede, fringe jacket. They also have a bitchin' digital jukebox mounted on the wall. Not only does it play Pantera, but also Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince. Go there.
14. Our Filthy brothers from "Loud and Greasy Customs" make many fine things; among them are bitchin' stickers which reference the Amish.
15. Why does Momo sleep in caves?

Nosebleed
10-14-2012, 11:34 PM
...and finally...skip a few...

52. DENNIS DMENACE IS THE BOSS! If you didn't give this man a firm hand shake and a bro-hug this weekend, well then, you just failed. Dennis busted his ass and his wallet to provide the R2R experience for all of us smelly, Filthy bastards, and for that he should have our thanks.

We appreciate ya bruv. You're one Filthy son.

dmenace78
10-15-2012, 4:42 AM
Thanks to ALL of you for showing your support, and your love. It wouldn't have been anything without y'all!
Let's do it again soon. R2RII is already in the works. But, in the meantime I'll see y'all at Nosebleed's EDR viewing party, and then on the PMRIII.
Tell us about that one, Nose. ;)

blackout
10-15-2012, 5:30 AM
Ever wonder why Blackout's name is Blackout?

http://youtu.be/9iTE31axBt8

oh you motherfucker.

BolliverShagnasty
10-15-2012, 7:31 AM
Fucking classic! I'm so bummed that I missed Saturday night.

AngryJohnny
10-15-2012, 7:31 AM
MOOOOOTERRRRCYYYYCLESSSS!

Hell, Chris, that video came out pretty good, IMO.. You may just go viral!.. In a few weeks you're gonna be sitting there on Good Morning America getting interviewed, and we're all gonna be saying, "Hey!.. I know that guy!"

I had a freakin' blast! What a good time. It was good partying with y'all again!. and great to hang with the filthy 52 again as well!.. Much thanks Dennis! That park rocked.. hell the whole town did... and I really dug the run on Saturday! It was fever pitch, but it was a damn good time!.. rain & all! I'm gonna have to make it back there sometime and ride those roads again! Good times, brother!...good times!

I also liked when we pulled into Castell, which is essentially just a general Store/BBQ joint at a bend in the road where the townsfolk hang out on weekends. I was putting my camera away and was the last to cross over the road to the place, and after everyone else made it over there, almost imediately, all I could hear from across the road was a bunch of people yelling "ROOSTER!" I remember thinking to myself, "I know they're bikers & all, but what a bunch of uncouth heathens, taking over this tinly little town like this and walking right up and immediately causing all that uproar... the townspeople are probably freaking out right about now"...
...Then I got over there, and saw that it was the town folk who were the ones yelling "ROOSTER!" and raising all that hell.. I like that little town! :cheersmate:

truerobotech
10-15-2012, 8:45 AM
Buried in my pocket I find my note book holding gems of wisdom from Friday nights soiree:

In order as written/heard:

1) Tits are the beards of women
2) Jesus smokes camels
3) Fucked up like a soup sandwich
4) Gasoline balls
5) Everybody is full of awesome
6) I am the fifth Jesus
7) DEFCON JESUS
8) SupportYour Local One Armed Drummer
9) You've got a kid I've got a hangover were even
10) This Jacket Requires No Shirt
11) If ya aint here your a bastard
12) She lost weight and wasnt into me anymore
13) I think we are having a good time
14) MOTORCYCLESSSSSS
15) Jesus Rolled Me A Cigarette

Where they came from, does not matter, it is the timing of their spewage at R2R that makes them so dam funny.

mfarris
10-15-2012, 8:59 AM
Thanks for putting this on Dennis, the location was awesome! It was great to put some faces to names and to hang out with a bunch of like minded motorcycle enthusiasts from around here. MOTORCYCLES!!!

FilthyClutch
10-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Buried in my pocket I find my note book holding gems of wisdom from Friday nights soiree:

In order as written/heard:

1) Tits are the beards of women
2) Jesus smokes camels
3) Fucked up like a soup sandwich
4) Gasoline balls
5) Everybody is full of awesome
6) I am the fifth Jesus
7) DEFCON JESUS
8) SupportYour Local One Armed Drummer
9) You've got a kid I've got a hangover were even
10) This Jacket Requires No Shirt
11) If ya aint here your a bastard
12) She lost weight and wasnt into me anymore
13) I think we are having a good time
14) MOTORCYCLESSSSSS
15) Jesus Rolled Me A Cigarette

Where they came from, does not matter, it is the timing of their spewage at R2R that makes them so dam funny.

I'm in fucking tears right now laughing so hard. Omfg that needs to be on a t-shirt. ALL OF IT, like tour dates on a band shirt.

dmenace78
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Next year, my filthy friend!

blackout
10-15-2012, 10:46 AM
ok i know not everyone got a do fun shit sticker and were asking about patches and what not well here ya go guys.

http://tjbrutalcustoms.bigcartel.com/

FilthyClutch
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Will be the perfect addition to my new biltwell prime cut vest... Cough... Cough

brianrmcgill
10-15-2012, 11:41 AM
hell ya.. just ordered the shirt!!!!

Momo
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, a few more:

11. The people in San Saba, TX are pretty rad, even the cops, but especially the dude that we met at Sonic this morning who threw down some spark plugs to get 904Punk's Shovel back on the road. I mean, really, what are the odds of meeting another guy who rides an 83 Shovelhead in a small, rural town in central Texas? That's just Filthy!
12. Did you ride over the wooden foot bridge? "Click clack, click clack, click clack..."
13. Digg's bar and grille in San Saba not only has a killer cheeseburger, but they also have a super-cute waitress who was impervious to the power of Clutch's brown suede, fringe jacket. They also have a bitchin' digital jukebox mounted on the wall. Not only does it play Pantera, but also Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince. Go there.
14. Our Filthy brothers from "Loud and Greasy Customs" make many fine things; among them are bitchin' stickers which reference the Amish.
15. Why does Momo sleep in caves?

I think Momo was a caveman in a previous life. Shit, who am I kidding? I still am a caveman.
It was pretty interesting that I happened to be by Mike/904Punk's side both times his bike took a crap on him. Came home and tried to wash the bad luck away, hopefully it worked. Glad to hear you almost made it home Mike. Damn good to meet you this weekend.

Nosebleed
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I wonder just exactly how brutal TJ's customs really are? Bet their fun too.

blackout
10-15-2012, 1:45 PM
I wonder just exactly how brutal TJ's customs really are? Bet their fun too.

Ask him your self man he's a member on the cult. I was talking to him earlier today and letting him know y'all liked his stickers lol. I know several members on here have ordered stuff from him and had him make stuff for them.

Nosebleed
10-15-2012, 2:34 PM
Ask him your self man he's a member on the cult. I was talking to him earlier today and letting him know y'all liked his stickers lol. I know several members on here have ordered stuff from him and had him make stuff for them.

Hopefully someone pointed him toward the photo of the cop car wearing the DO FUN SHIT sticker. That pic surely needs to be on his website/blog or whatever, haha.

blackout
10-15-2012, 3:08 PM
Hopefully someone pointed him toward the photo of the cop car wearing the DO FUN SHIT sticker. That pic surely needs to be on his website/blog or whatever, haha.

yea i sent it to him lmao.

TroubleLeather1
10-15-2012, 3:42 PM
Good times, Don't really remember a certain time span friday night... seems i time traveled. Nice to mee all you doods :cheersmate:

904Punk
10-15-2012, 5:50 PM
I think Momo was a caveman in a previous life. Shit, who am I kidding? I still am a caveman.
It was pretty interesting that I happened to be by Mike/904Punk's side both times his bike took a crap on him. Came home and tried to wash the bad luck away, hopefully it worked. Glad to hear you almost made it home Mike. Damn good to meet you this weekend.

I think we had it wrong Momo, I think you were actually my good luck because both times I broke down with you we were able to get the bike back running without even getting the bike back to camp, and the second time there was definitely luck involved with that guy rolling up on the shovel. It was good meeting you bro and thanks for hanging back with me! :cheersmate:

dmenace78
10-15-2012, 6:48 PM
I've been in and around this scene for a long time, and I've done lots of "grassroots" style events... Smokeout West., Ground Zero, Bastard Bash, etc... but I've not had THIS much fun at any of them. I say this as an attendee, NOT an organizer.
In my opinion, the thing that made the R2R better than those other runs were the people. That's right, y'all. YOU ROCK!!! I was able to watch this thing unfold from beginning to end, and what I saw was fucking beautiful. Different groups, from different areas all coming together to have an awesome time. Lotsa laughs, jokes, hugs, ideas, visions, and stories were shared. The bikes were all awesome, and it was nice to be a part of a scene that embraced all makes and models equally, with no pretense to a particular era.
Despite the troubles and breakdowns that some of y'all had, it seems that there was always a brother willing to lend a hand, and show some class.
This was an awesome event, and it was nothing but a pleasure to be the host. I didn't get a headcount, but I think the turnout was fairly large, especially considering that we're just in the first year of this thing. I'm already working on plans for next year, and I hope that each and every one of y'all make the scene.
Thanks SO much, to all of you.

zeke
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Outstanding weekend! I haven had that much fun in a long while. Great memories for me to take with me to Portland. It was great to make new friends along with hanging out with my fellow 52ers. Plus Jesus gave me a Snickers bar. A huge thanks to Dennis for putting this shindig together.

BolliverShagnasty
10-16-2012, 7:06 AM
Sweet. Do Fun Shit Patches ordered...

Nosebleed
10-16-2012, 9:41 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_event/1000/491/823.jpg

Official Biltwell/ChopCult "EDR Austin Screening Party" is tomorrow night (10/17) at Mohawk Austin, 10th and Red River. Doors open at 5pm, movie begins at 7pm, no cover until 8pm, $6.00 after that.

Drink specials and freebies from our sponsors Maker's Mark Whiskey, Independence Brewery and Sailor Jerry's Rum. Awesome food from The Grill Girls, raffle prizes from Biltwell, ChopCult, Lowbrow Customs, Loud and Greasy Customs, Workingman's Customs, Filthy 52 and more! Bitchin' local vendors slinging their wares including our favorite clothing brand 100% Dirtbag, Austin Moto Classics, 74's Forever and get some custom pinstriping done by the very talented and Filthy "Mr. OZ!" Music starts right after the film around 8:30ish. Check out some killer metal bands including Communion, Bagger, Shitty Carwash and Venomous Maximus!

Bring your crew out to join us and help us spread the word! Check out the event listing on ChopCult and blow up your FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, blog or whatever else you use. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Nosebleed
52!

Nosebleed
10-16-2012, 9:42 AM
Dennis, sorry to hijack but I didn't think that you'd mind too much, since you'll be there anyway.

DO FUN SHIT, come to EDR party Austin!!!

Nosebleed
10-16-2012, 12:16 PM
FYI - The Mohawk Austin website listing for the EDR event has some slightly incorrect information. Their listing says "Doors @ 7pm", and that's not correct. Mohawk will be open to the public beginning at 5pm tomorrow, as advertised here.

thegreatwhitebison
10-20-2012, 5:22 PM
hey guys here are my pictures from last weekend, they're up on my website so check em out!
http://www.thegreatwhitebison.com/blog/2012/10/20/34.html