PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of a triumph from the back

cabtherocker
05-23-2012, 4:43 PM
I'm having trouble lining up my rear end. My tire is trued to the center of the hub but once I bolted on my brake it seems to be a little out.

You guys out there with finished triumphs can you please take a pic of your rear tire and post it.

thanks

RetroRob
05-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Just went through this myself. Make sure the brake is fully seated on the spline. Also the chain side of the axle has flats that must fully engage in your slot on the frame. I had my wheel on and off at least 50 times before I finally got my rear fender centered. Check out the pics ion your parts book. I'll see if I can't take a photo tomorrow of my rear end, the bike that is not my ass :asshat:

Torch
05-24-2012, 9:21 AM
the drive sprocket is the only thing that has to be lined up with the engine sprocket, where the wheel and tire end up ain't that important.
spin the wheel there should be equal space on both sides of the sprocket teeth sides in the chain links,

TRUMPNUT
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Lots of the time if you run a 16" tire you have to true the rim over to the side to make chain clearance . Also there is a little spacer that goes etween the brake backing plate and the wheel bearing make sure yours is there . I have seen alot of guys forget it and cause them all sorts of issues .

fightclub
05-25-2012, 12:03 PM
+1 on above ,
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/theavey/tfmwbps-1.jpg

go to : http://www.thefactorymetalworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tfmwbps

cabtherocker
05-25-2012, 6:19 PM
Thanks guys got it figured out.

MRB
06-06-2012, 5:07 PM
Holy shit this site is great! I'm working on my new build and lining up the fender and such and I notice when I spin my rear wheel its not tracking straight and the brake plate is moving in and out. I remember reading this thread and and fightclubs post about forgetting the spacer. Sure enough I forgot it. Found it on the work bench ,installed and now I'm golden.
Wonder what else I forgot
Mike aka MRB

starwolf
06-07-2012, 6:11 AM
the drive sprocket is the only thing that has to be lined up with the engine sprocket, where the wheel and tire end up ain't that important.
spin the wheel there should be equal space on both sides of the sprocket teeth sides in the chain links,

So, I may be okay to run the DB hard tail on my Trident? The chain sprockets appeared fairly straight, but the back wheel was offset to the right by nearly 2" and I was seriously concerned about "dog trackin"

Torch
06-07-2012, 8:19 AM
the center line of the wheels is not that important as long as both wheels are going straight ahead. most bikes with 16" wheels are about 3/8" off line. it does fuck with you eyes seeing the rear fender off center.
The chain HAS to be lined straight with the drive sprockets perfectly in line.

starwolf
06-09-2012, 5:43 AM
You've never steered me wrong in the past, and I sincerely appreciate it, thanks Torch ! I may just have to slap that mutha back on, and see what I can do with it. :clap for you::cheersmate::clap for you::killerjob: