PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my trip to Cali- San Diego to San Fran

samp615
05-16-2012, 5:22 PM
I have recently graduated college and my parents have been nice enough to pay for a trip to California. I plan on flying into San Diego and make my way up to San Francisco. I'd like to move to California within the year so the goal of my trip is to scope out some cool cities/neighborhoods, along with checking out some cool motorcycle related stuff.

I'm going with a motorcycle buddy of mine so the trip will be centered around checking out some great auto/motorcycle related stuff. I'd like to check out Deus in Venice and the Garage Company, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I've only been to LA for a day or two so I am practically 100 percent ignorant of the state.

What should i see?!

sherm
05-16-2012, 6:15 PM
I have recently graduated college and my parents have been nice enough to pay for a trip to California. I plan on flying into San Diego and make my way up to San Francisco. I'd like to move to California within the year so the goal of my trip is to scope out some cool cities/neighborhoods, along with checking out some cool motorcycle related stuff.

I'm going with a motorcycle buddy of mine so the trip will be centered around checking out some great auto/motorcycle related stuff. I'd like to check out Deus in Venice and the Garage Company, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I've only been to LA for a day or two so I am practically 100 percent ignorant of the state.

What should i see?!

check out dudley perkins harley dealership in san francisco.

interstatejoe
05-16-2012, 6:58 PM
Plenty of breweries between SD & SF if you're a beer enthusiast like me...

StephenMartin
05-16-2012, 8:27 PM
What is it your looking for?.

City dweller, suburbanite, or urban cowboy?

Do you crave the nightlife, desire a bedroom community, or want a night life with country critters?

We got snow-country, beaches, desert.

Orange County has some nice communities, as well as Ventura County, and Santa Barbara County.

I wanna move to Merced County, up around Oakhurst. Just outside Yosemite, and I love it up there!

I do urge you, if you get the chance, go to Yosemite! It is the most beautiful spot in the world (in my opinion. Others may disagree).

dartcustom420
05-16-2012, 10:07 PM
+1 on Yosemite. But having lived in Merced county for 10+ years I can tell you it fuggen sucks.. Oh and go tot he Mystery spot on Santa Cruz, pretty trippy.

billdozer
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
You driving or riding on this trip? Like Stephen said, we've got it all, really depends on what you are looking for.

ThePete
05-18-2012, 2:26 AM
If you're flying out to San Diego check on the cost of a rail ticket, I think there are commuter fairs that would allow you to ride the rails up an down the coast. Lots of cool spots all the way up to Frisco. San Diego has a ton dotting the coast up to Oceanside. Oceanside used to be a shit hole but its cleaned up a little, LOTS of Marines though. LA off the rail line my knowledge is pretty limited, but I'd assume theres lots of spots in LA that are cool. Inland from the coast up the 15 are a few cool spots, Escondito is urban sprawl, between there and Temecula not a whole lot, Temecula/Murrieta is alright, but it doesn't have a lot on any major cities, except Biltwell headquarters :D and a ton of wineries. Riverside & San Burnadino are their own animal. In the early 80's it always seemed like they were about a decade behind the curve, now not so much but thre are definately some pockets of weirdness, real low brow sometimes almost neadrathal. Between LA and Frisco is a lot of small time cities and towns. Valencia, Santa Barbra, Morrow Bay are all cool places to stop along the way, Monteray is a nice spot to stop off in too. Inland from there somewhere inbetween is Solvang, its one of our (me and TOL) favorite places to stay the night if we're not making the trip up to San Fransisco in one day. Depending on when you make the trip out theres all sorts of different stuff going on worth checking out, both motorcycle and non motorcycle related so you want to do a little research to see what events are going on during the time you are out. I know Ink & Iron is in July I think, So Cal Rockabilly fest in August (?), Born Free, misl. small time stuff.

Sent from your prison purse.