PDA

View Full Version : Instant Messenger...

BigDawg
08-06-2009, 1:49 PM
I don't know how many of you have noticed it, but if you add friends and sign on to the forum, there is an IM bar that appears at the bottom of the screen showing how many of your "friends" are online. You can click on that, it will show you who's online and you can have an IM conversation with them.

To some people that might be annoying, but it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier than PMs in certain circumstances.

I used it to talk to Standard earlier and it works pretty well for shootin' the shit with friends on the other side of the country.

GrayMitchell
08-06-2009, 2:23 PM
good feature.

lobstermobster
08-06-2009, 2:26 PM
who needs myspace or facebook chat when you got ChopCult Chat!

BigDawg
08-06-2009, 2:28 PM
Who needs Myspace or Facebook without ChopCult chat?

twowheelsforever
08-06-2009, 2:48 PM
I second that motion...

STANDARD
08-06-2009, 3:05 PM

+ 1 and then some....

fuck those...

however ...MS was pretty good for pulling strange....

billdozer
08-06-2009, 3:06 PM
Note the little blue dude on the far right in that same area.

You can set your status there so people can't see you are online if you looking at the Chicks & Bikes thread with one hand or something and don't want to chat...

The chat feature is pretty slick, sometimes it'll burp when you change from page to page but for the most part it is pretty robust and sure saves time over messages.

Glad you guys are digging this, our programmer wizard ninja Jon worked overtime to make it happen throughout the site.

BigDawg
08-06-2009, 3:15 PM
Note the little blue dude on the far right in that same area.

You can set your status there so people can't see you are online if you looking at the Chicks & Bikes thread with one hand or something and don't want to chat...

The chat feature is pretty slick, sometimes it'll burp when you change from page to page but for the most part it is pretty robust and sure saves time over messages.

Glad you guys are digging this, our programmer wizard ninja Jon worked overtime to make it happen throughout the site.

Hmm...I don't care if folks know I'm tugging it, but I won't be doing it on this site. There are other sites for that.

Oh, and I noticed the spark plug that shows when someone is on or offline.

Lots of neat little gadgets.

GreaseStain
08-06-2009, 3:48 PM
+ 1 and then some....

fuck those...

however ...MS was pretty good for pulling strange....

^^^^^^^^^
Hah! This is true.. I don't have an account but just became single and have def. been giving it some thought for specifically that reason ....

onigoroshi
08-06-2009, 8:12 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRogmcixV_M&hl=ja&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRogmcixV_M&hl=ja&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

deucepjd
08-06-2009, 8:20 PM
clever stuff