PDA

View Full Version : update pics

coachstorms
12-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm getting closer but still have a lot to get done - front brake, wiring, exhaust etc.

Not sure what i want to do with the exhaust, if i had the money I'd like to get something dope bent up but for the meantime i am going to have to re-use the stock pipes. I want to cut them down shorter though - any advice?

me
12-18-2009, 11:17 AM
bike looks GREAT! realy digg it

one suggestion, you can go to autozone or advanced auto parts and buy some non mandril bends for like 15 bucks a pop, pritty cheap and it is exahust pipe.

also, local mechanic shops sometimes have some scrap they will let ya have ( i know down here in FL its illegal to sell but if you tell them what yr doing and ya just want a little bit normaly there cool about it and will give ya some scrap for free or 20 bucks or somethin)

Konaboy1972
12-18-2009, 11:20 AM
GREAT looking bike brother!! Handle bars are not to my liking but still a beautiful looking bike. Ride it harddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpswino
12-20-2009, 4:21 PM
You could chop up the old pipes. I like to use old stock bends to cut, chop and weld back in another shape. Kinda hard but easy at the same time. It does take up some time to do it right but looks badass usually when you are done. I just did exactly that on the 74'Low Life bike. I put a thread up today with pics of it.

philbey
12-20-2009, 7:29 PM
METALFLAKE GREEN SEAT BABY.

Yeah. I'm rolling one as well. West eagle?

coachstorms
12-21-2009, 7:33 AM
ypu thats the seat.

jp - i am thinking a just cutting the old ones downs shorter since i can't weld - any issues in doing that?

jpswino
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
No, not really. You'll probably need to re-jet the carbs from the stock configuration but thats pretty easy. XS bikes are not my area of knowledge but I am sure you will be faced with the re-jet issue since its pretty much a short pipe issue and not specific to one brand.

Good luck. You should try getting into simple welding. Used ones are cheap and you can teach yourself. It really opens lots of doors to options you can do with your bikes.

Rile
12-22-2009, 2:54 PM
I dig the clip ons. Looks slick.

steffan
12-22-2009, 5:53 PM
sweet scoot. wish people around here rode stuff half as cool.

12-23-2009, 7:01 PM
Your chop is sick! is there really anything better than an old, inline, jap bike? they pretty much rule.

JayTucc
12-29-2009, 7:39 AM
Awesome looking bike man. The clean style is great looking. Like the use of green on the bike.