PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a titled cb750 frame

Rubman
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
So everyone on this site is pretty cool about helping each other out, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

After my whole "what the fuck is wrong with my stock sporty" thread, I realized that plenty of you guys have daily riders, but have your builds going on on the side... Well, I'm strapped for cash, but have a potential project with a few snags. I was hoping someone in the area might be able to hook a brother up.

I have a pretty decent condition cb750 that's been living under my deck for a few months now. Before that, it was collecting dust in my garage, because my dad bought it, and then somehow managed to lose the title for it. Re-titling in New Jersey is fucking awful, so he never really bothered to go through the process (especially since he might get fucked over in the end).

After getting into my thread, i started thinking about how bad i wanted a project to work on, since my sporty is relatively shiny and runs perdy good. Basically, i was wondering if anyone in the North East might be able to help me kill two birds with one stone -

I want this cb750 to be a build for me and my old man to work on. every time i show him a really wild long and low cb750 chop, he goes nuts about it. Would any of you happen to have a titled, already hardtailed cb750 frame you might be willing to part with? so long as it's straight and can be ridden without any modification, it'll work just fine.

The shorter i have to travel, the better. I'm in Central Jersey, but will do what i gotta do to get the job done.

If anyone can help me out, or can put me in touch with anyone with an already hardtailed cb750 frame, let me know. I'd really appreciate it. PM me a price or whatever!

Thanks!
Max... I mean Rubman.

edit: also, if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it and call me a dick head.

mad750
05-05-2012, 2:44 AM
Ask this question over on the Hondachopper.com forum also since they are dedicated strictly to 69'-78' SOHC CB750's. They can definitely steer you in the right direction. The Hondachopper.com network are spread all over the country so I guarantee that there are several guys in your area to help ya out.

TimB1640
05-05-2012, 5:36 AM
check with tigman he might have something in his shop

Rubman
05-05-2012, 9:05 AM
check with tigman he might have something in his shop

thanks guys. i'll get right on it.

highwayhooligan
05-05-2012, 9:22 PM
I have a stalled '78 CB750 build I've been considering selling. I have the title and it is a Tigman hardtail I welded on. The motor is completely blown apart and I have a few Cycle-X parts for it along with all the stock stuff I took off of the bike.

Rubman
05-06-2012, 11:55 AM
hey brother. PM sent!

BingTheBarber
05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
not sure where u are... but this is $500 http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/2986134655.html

Rubman
05-06-2012, 1:17 PM
not sure where u are... but this is $500 http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/2986134655.html

yeah, lookin for something already hardtailed though. plus, i'm in New Jersey... that's a bit of a stretch. :/

also, if we do pick up a frame and someone on here's lookin for one, I'd gladly help out... our frame is 100%, just no title.

If I find a frame I'll bump this thread. if anyone in a no-title state wants a stocker to chop or cafe, i'll help if i can.