PDA

View Full Version : A bit more BS from the state of CA

rustrocket84
12-17-2009, 9:40 PM
As if getting a third furlough day tacked onto the two previous ones wasn't bad enough but I just got a nice letter from the Superior Court of CA. Turns out that I missed a line on the installment plan for a ticket I got that another total with $5 more on the bottom. I was informed today that they tried contacting me at my old address twice. And that the mail from them isn't forwarded. As soon as I moved I updated my address with DMV and the post office. Now since I didn't pay the total in full, I had to fork over $830 on top of the $5 I already owed so my license wouldn't be suspended. If it wasn't for the fact that I can't work without my license I think I would have made the 8 hour drive to go to court to try and fight it. Two tickets in 16 years of driving and both times same old shit from CA. Their mistake or shady verbage in this case has screwed me out of an additional 7 or 8 hundred dollars.

WallyB
12-17-2009, 9:46 PM
There always pulling shit like that. When they do it to me I just ask for a hearing and explain to the judge what the problem was and they usually drop the fine substantially. Then again the court house is only like 15min from my house.

rustrocket84
12-17-2009, 9:52 PM
Butte county superior court in chico is long ass drive from the IE. And the taking the chance of making that drive on my bike with no speedo and not getting pulled over with a suspended license. From now on I will fight everything, no matter how far the drive, especially finding out that with a commercial driver's license I can't get traffic school on top of everything else

Twinkies
12-17-2009, 11:08 PM
gotta love our state government.. rest assured your $830 will go towards a new package of bic pens for the court clerks... or maybe just a pencil with an eraser...

Pantsbeer
12-18-2009, 2:36 AM
Good old California. I was just bent over and fucked by are judicial system as well. I had a fix it ticket for reg. I couldnt pay the money cause I dont have plus they taked on fees and a parking ticket so I really dont have the money. I missed court by 2 days and then reschedualed so I can try and pay my reg so I could bring it to them. I didnt get it payed in time and the judge fined me 150 for missing court and like another 250 for not getting it taken care of on time. Awsome! So on top of the 300 to reg my car I have to pay over 400. The dmv also fucked me over with my bike reg and told me that a check bounced when I put the bike in my name and that my reg was revoked a couple months later so I was riding for over a year with revoked reg and they never told me and they want almost 200 just to get caught up and then pay this years reg. Man I love the government.

JaySco
12-18-2009, 1:36 PM
Yup, I'd move to a free state in a minute if an oppertunity ever came up. It sucks that CA was THE cool state back in the day, I was just born about 30 years too late.

Pantsbeer
12-18-2009, 1:40 PM
I hate alot of bullshit that california provides it's residents but at the same time I love the state. I love the weather all year and that you can split lanes.

rustrocket84
12-18-2009, 2:14 PM
I hate alot of bullshit that california provides it's residents but at the same time I love the state. I love the weather all year and that you can split lanes.

I agree with this completely. I think the weather and the splitting lanes is at the top of the list. I dislike a lot of the superficial fake ass people out here as much as the state government.

jimthefred
12-18-2009, 5:06 PM
Is it better or worst than say NJ or VA? Both of these states are nice but fucked.

Sodapop73
12-18-2009, 5:50 PM
BOHICA....bend over, here it comes again!

wickedblockhead
12-18-2009, 6:50 PM
gotta love our state government.. rest assured your $830 will go towards a new package of bic pens for the court clerks... or maybe just a pencil with an eraser...

no no no it will go towards housing/feeding/insuring illegals....

jonnyrtn
12-18-2009, 9:18 PM
This has to do with Chopping motorcycles how?????????

dalebfast
12-19-2009, 7:17 AM
Yeah Johnny! WTF!!!
That's why this thread is in the junk pile.
But I like to bitch at the state of Califuckedup once in a while!!!
I'm getting to hate fucking cops more and more.... RivCoSheriffs, gay fags...

Dale

BlueCollarMoto
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Yup, I'd move to a free state in a minute if an oppertunity ever came up. It sucks that CA was THE cool state back in the day, I was just born about 30 years too late.

Ca is still the cool state. Just the Gov that SUCKS! Not worth a fuck. Need to clean house from all the bottom feeders sucking up all our tax dollars and make them accountable for their actions. I could go on but I hate politicks! Blood pressure gets going.

Jashole
01-17-2010, 2:07 PM
Fuck a furlough

steffan
01-17-2010, 5:53 PM
i dont miss living there one bit. i do miss all the cool bike and old car events that go on there.