PDA

View Full Version : My old bike

losbastardos
12-17-2009, 4:26 PM
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv336/coachy_photos/DSCN0575.jpg

well, I've gone sportster-mad now, but I loved the old honda, and have a real soft spot for these great bikes.

forgive some of the dodgy styling, this was about 5 years ago (and my resolve to avoid modern tires and front fenders is stronger now). I have a few more pix and some details somewhere on my blog, have a look.

http://losbastardoschoppers.blogspot.com/

BTW, anyone from hondachopper.com here? I used to be quite active when I was building this (2001-2005).

jpswino
12-20-2009, 4:52 PM
Oh yeah, where I hang out. Nearly 8,000 posts there so I'd say I'm a local.
All I build is cb's. Got a CBX in the works as well.

Nice bike man. I hope you are gonna keep it.
There are a few other guys here from HC as well.

What screen name did you go by back then?

losbastardos
12-21-2009, 6:17 AM
thanks man...i used to use 'sebo750', and was a moderator for a while.I left around 2005.
sadly, this cb is long gone now.

jpswino
12-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Moderator? You were GOTF?

losbastardos
12-21-2009, 2:34 PM
for my sins, yes i was. i was involved pretty early, when it was about 70 members or so, so it was pretty tight-knit, and i was VERY into the site! guess that explains how i got in.it was kinda wierd, cos i'd never been into computers or anything, and suddenly was spending hours on the net. learned a lot, (and got told some rubbish too) traded some great parts, met some good peoples even living as i do the 'wrong' side of the atlantic. i heard from erditurdi the other day, he's a great guy. i just had a look at hc, still lots of the old crowd there.
i have to say, it was a heck of a lot friendlier than many so-called communities...maybe they're just too big. there was, and i bet still is, a real 'outsider' spirit to the whole thing on hc.

jpswino
12-21-2009, 3:57 PM
I never seen a site that people got so close to each other. I have a dozen or more good friends I ride with from HC. I go to the WHCM every year and ride with everyone else as well. We make an effort to get together. I held the first Michigan HC meet last year and we had 30 or so guys from several states show up. Gonna be even bigger this year I'm sure.

Its the 10th anniversary of World Honda Chopper Meet this year so I'm sure there will more more than even at The Roost in North Carolina for that one. We've had 85 or so there before but I'm sure it will be more for this special year.

Maybe if you can see your way over you could make it!!???!!!???
Cheers, jp

losbastardos
12-21-2009, 4:21 PM
word!

maybe one day bro...

turtle
01-30-2010, 2:38 PM
I like them all that one too