PDA

View Full Version : Riding to NY for BNB Bowl from way out east in Canada

DWLifer
04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm headed to NYC in a few weeks for a big hardcore show on May 19th, and figured I'd make the obligatory "I'm going to New York, what should I do?" thread. I'm leaving from way out east in Canada on the bike, solo, and meeting up with a few friends and my girl who are flying down.
here's the route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=st.%20john%27s%20nl%20to%20new%20york%20cit y&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Stopping at Boston along the way there and back for a night or two.
I've been in NYC before but I'd like to see more bike related stuff and get some tips on bars and shit this time, we're gonna be staying by the port authority.

Also, any suggestions for parking while I'm in the city? I was thinking I could ditch the bike at airport parking for a few days but I'm open for anything half decent/cheap at this point.

Hook me up, and if anyone wants to meet up for a ride/beer/whatever along the way shoot me a message too.

Detale
04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I'll ride with you man. I'm in Brooklyn but ride/work in the city almost every day. Where in the city are you headed? What show is in the city that day? As it gets closer I'll PM you my number and we'll get together.

Also as far as parking there are plenty of places you could leave your bike. If you wanted you could even leave it in my front gate for whatever time you needed.

DWLifer
04-30-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/340689912643054/

theres a free show with skarhead and bold the next night too, it's gonna be a wild one.
i'll pm you for your number and we'll get out for a good rip.

Detale
04-30-2012, 1:30 PM
Not my thing,but I'd be glad to show you around a bit man. I'll get your info as it gets closer.

Acosi151
04-30-2012, 5:17 PM
That's a mother of a bike ride. I'm along your route and I'll PM you my deets in case you run into any shit and need a hand.

SyndicateChoppers
04-30-2012, 5:42 PM
shit man Im working that day I would love to make that show
you should stick around NYC for the night and head out to ride to skate in Philly with us the next day

DWLifer
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Shit! I completely forgot ride to skate was around the same time, I know a few hands heading down from toronto for that as well. I'll see if i can convince my girl to tag along too, is there a big group headed with you guys?

I was planning on being in nyc for the 16th or 17th and gotta be back up in boston for the 21st, other than that my schedule is open ended on either side for a few weeks. You guys have any other suggestions for stuff along the way? Anybody looking to go for a ride anywhere along my way get at me.

TyroninFXR
05-01-2012, 4:57 AM
Sheer Terror!!! I can't stand ezec's whigger ass but Sheer Terror is the shit, just can't hate enough!!

SyndicateChoppers
05-01-2012, 5:58 AM
Shit! I completely forgot ride to skate was around the same time, I know a few hands heading down from toronto for that as well. I'll see if i can convince my girl to tag along too, is there a big group headed with you guys?

I was planning on being in nyc for the 16th or 17th and gotta be back up in boston for the 21st, other than that my schedule is open ended on either side for a few weeks. You guys have any other suggestions for stuff along the way? Anybody looking to go for a ride anywhere along my way get at me.

yeah we should have a few guys meeting up in NYC and riding into Mike from 47 industries shop
check out the event section on here and look for the ride to skate thread

DWLifer
05-02-2012, 5:00 PM
Does anybody have suggestions on relatively cheap/clean places to stay in the city? Most places I've been in contact with are booked up or seem a little dodgy.

Detale
05-02-2012, 5:59 PM
Does anybody have suggestions on relatively cheap/clean places to stay in the city? Most places I've been in contact with are booked up or seem a little dodgy.

Usually here you have Pricey or dodgy sometimes both, Pm me the dates you need and I'll have the wife look into it for you. Do you have a preference where you want to stay? Like manhattan Brooklyn queens. Pm me whatever you know you want and I'll see what works for you.

DWLifer
05-12-2012, 5:53 PM
Got 1000 miles packed away now, just about to catch a boat to the mainland. Had a rippin beach fire last night with some buds along the way. I'm gonna make a thread about the full trip when its all over if anybody is interested.

Detale
05-12-2012, 6:00 PM
Hey man glad to hear it. You still getting here the 16th? The spot for your bike is still waiting for you if you want it. See you soon bud.

DWLifer
05-13-2012, 2:40 PM
yeah man, 16th is still the plan. I tried calling you a couple nights ago and last night but I think I got the country code fucked up. I'll give you a shout once I cross the border, probably the 15th and see whats up. I'll still be usin the bike spot as long as its still there.

Detale
05-13-2012, 3:16 PM
Sure man no problem. I saw I had a missed call from a 709 area code so I think you got it right at least once. Sure man call me when you're close bro. Forecast is rain the next three days too man. I may have a bike cover if you need/want/don't have one.