PDA

View Full Version : frozen solid 650 pre-uit!!!!!

charlie500
12-16-2009, 9:55 AM
look at my head case it took me twohrs to get it a part i heated it and then drilled it ive never seen anything like this and ive ben doing this kind of work for along time but i was not going to give up dammit i was going to get apart no matter what and i did and now all i have is the crank and the cams and caes but its off lol! what do you think

wllgmr
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Thats wild. what kinda shape is the bottom end in?

charlie500
12-16-2009, 11:19 AM
its ok it needs to be rebuilt for sure but its ok i got free and cleaned out and you spin the crank without any problems now it was under water i guess at some piont but im going to build it just say i built it from the worst possible condition lol

framus
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
That's pretty bad, dunno if I've seen worse save for in a junkyard where a head has been off for 10+ years and filled with water.

sickboi55
12-18-2009, 4:33 PM
just needs a hone. DAMN!!

fouraceswes
12-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Too bad about the rods, but at least the crank got saved. That is a classic case of rust beneath the piston on the skirt. When the piston goes down, it just digs up that rust and makes it impossible to ge the pistons down to where you can get the clips out. If you get desperate to save the rods, you can sometimes go ahead and split the cases and take the crank out and carefully carve away at the pistons the get the pins out. Or sometimes drive the out going the other way (North you might say), that way you are not beating against the rod, only the already useless piston. But sometimes you cant even get the piston to go down far enough to get the barrel past the studs on the case. Sometimes you just have to do what you just did. Painful . . .

TRUMPNUT
12-21-2009, 8:28 PM
Back when I worked on Jet skis we had that problem all the time ! Guy sumerge the ski then it won't start so they park it then about a year later they want to fix it .

Just use to raise the cylinders up and drive it apart with a air hammer .