PDA

View Full Version : a really sad day today in the Triumph world

Torch
04-17-2012, 2:56 PM
this morning around 11 am Keith Moore of Moore's Cycle Center passed away of an apparent heart attack at his shop in Anaheim Ca.
I was very fortunate to call Keith a friend and my mentor for over 20 years. His wife and family as well as many thousands of friends and customers will miss him deeply.

RIP Keith, your friend, Tony

CRFyou
04-17-2012, 3:08 PM
Oh my god! I am so bummed... I don't even know what to say. I was just getting ready to leave the office to go there.

I hope his wife knows he touched a lot of lives with his encyclopedic knowledge.

Rest in peace, Mr. Moore the world lost a great person today...

so bummed...

CRFyou
04-17-2012, 3:47 PM
Tony, if you hear about his funeral, please let me know.

ClassicCycles
04-17-2012, 4:53 PM
RIP Keith... You will be greatly missed! I learned soo much from bench racing in your shop and owe lots of the sucess of Classic Cycles to you! Between the thousands of dollars in parts you supplied or the late night wisdom sessions to help us with a problem we apreciate all you did in keeping the brits on the road for years. See you on the other side --- Andy

TemeculaTerry
04-17-2012, 5:16 PM
I just talked to him a few days ago - truly sad!
RIP

Torch
04-17-2012, 6:11 PM
Tony, if you hear about his funeral, please let me know.

I will let everyone know about the services, and there were many calls from people today sadened by the news.
I have pondered the thought of possibly a memorial ride or get together in Keith's honor, as you can imagine his wife of 50 years and family are the ones most affected,
I was with them today when it all was going on and it was truly sad.

Our shop would not be what it is today if not for Keiths help, I owe Keith very much for all his help.

I'll let you all know as soon as I know.

Gepetto
04-17-2012, 11:43 PM
I was just at his shop a few days ago, buying parts and learning from the master. He was joking about how he used to call me Randy and couldn't figure out why he started calling me that a few years ago. It was always a treat to go see Keith, even if it took 2 hours to get out of there when you went to get one gasket. His knowledge, and love for old British bikes, and his friendship will truly be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
R.I.P Mr. Moore

Ryan

rk378
04-18-2012, 7:36 AM
one of the good guys for sure, sad

Finkit
04-18-2012, 7:54 AM
RIP, He will be missed

TJBC
04-18-2012, 7:59 AM
I never would have gotten into British bikes if it werent for keith. He was an inspiration in so many ways. He gave so much to people who rode british iron, and those who were just learning how to work on old british bikes. I will definitely be attending the funeral to pay my respects for the man.

In observance of his passing, in the shop today I will only be serving instant coffee and smoking lucky strikes and every day from here forward, i will do my best to always be as helpful to others as Keith was to me.
Keith, you will be missed.

starwolf
04-18-2012, 8:51 AM
Mercy, I don't know how I missed this post, and went on to post it up myself.
To all of Mr. Moore's Family, Extended Family, Friends, and Fellow Customers, My sincerest condolences for your loss. Though I did not know him personally, I visit his website often,,............. Rest In Peace Mr. Moore.

Torch...eh..Tony, It may take some quick planning though I think Moores Cycle Center shirts and/or a benefit run with all proceeds going to Mr. Moore's immediate family would be an excellent way to honor Keith, and to aid his family in their time of need.

Torch
04-18-2012, 6:51 PM
for all you guys that talked with Keith on the phone here is a picture so you can see one of the greatest guys I've ever known.....http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/A1dunn/2071.jpg

chopper88
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting this fine gentleman for the first and only time about three weeks ago. A fellow chop culter took me to his shop to pick up some parts and get some advice on an ignition problem he was having. I was blown away by his wealth of knowledge and eagerness to share it. Not only did he solve the problem with in five minutes, he let us borrow his tools to remove a coil to check the resistance. As we were leaving I said to my freind that guy is phenomenal and is a dying breed. Guys with that kind of knowledge dont come around to often and when there gone thats it, no one can fill that void. My condolences to his family,friends and customers. He will be greatlly missed

starwolf
04-19-2012, 5:37 AM
Tony, thanks for the picture, its always great to get to put a face with a name, no matter the circumstances.

Torch
04-19-2012, 9:23 PM
Keith's funeral will be Saturday the 28th, any of Keith's friends interested in attending the funeral can Email or P/M me for the details.
We are thinking on having a memorial and ride after the services at our shop, everyone is welcome.

redasphalt3
04-20-2012, 1:25 PM
such a bummer... He was a really cool dude who was always willing to answer my stupid questions... my thoughts are with his family and friends

Torch
04-21-2012, 9:06 AM
we are planning on a ride from our shop over to the funeral services 10 am Saturday the 28th morning,
everyone is welcome .

xjbmx1
04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
RIP
Ordered quite a few parts from him and he was a stand up man who knew his stuff. I tried to ordered some parts in the last few days and wondered why it went to voicemail. Sorry to hear about this

noke
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
A rare gem indeed. Keith wasn't just a brilliant triumph guy, he was a genuine real good person. One of the first (of countless) times I stepped into his shop to buy some parts, He would not sell me something. I remember him saying "Sure I could make 60 bucks off ya, but you don't need that, just use this (some piece for a few dollars)". I was blown away at his honesty. It isn't everyday that we get to interact with people of such great nature. I will definitely miss this guy, as i know so many of us will. Just glad I got to know him over the past few years. Hope his wife and family are surviving as good as possible.

See you guys saturday at Classic Cycles, I just gotta be there. Noke.

mandreas
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Having had the pleasure of buying parts and getting advice from Keith for much of the past year since moving to Southern California, I can only offer my condolences to everyone who knew him.

God speed, Mr. Moore.

Doug77
04-27-2012, 4:53 PM
Keith was, in the brief amount of time I knew him, recognizable as unique. Just like everybody has stated here, his knowledge was extraordinary and his personality much more than the word generous means. I felt like the coolest kid on the block when I showed him a picture of my TR6 project and he said "oh yeah, that's the right way to do it".

I wish I could ride in honor of him this weekend, but instead I will try futilely to put the bottom end of my bike together as soundly as he would have. I'll have him in my thoughts with each bolt and chunk of the engine I get assembled.

Definitely will have to smoke some Luckys in the process. Unfiltered of course.

Safe passage Keith. I loved coming by the shop to chat. You are missed.

Best thoughts, energy, wishes to his family and friends.

Torch
05-01-2012, 1:53 PM
On behalf of the Moore family I'll say Thank you to all you guys for your thoughts, The services were rather sad, many people (myself included) have been used to Keith always being there.

Now it's time to figure out what is going to happen with the shop, I told the family I'd help find a buyer for the shop by putting it out on the British sites, and the family says there is $140k worth of new parts on the books in the shop and that's the amount they want for the business. All the used parts, books, tools and the web site/phone number is included.
Any of you guys have $140k and want a "turn key" 40 year old established business, let me know.

Nik
05-04-2012, 1:08 AM
I lived in Utah, and was building my triumph. I called Keith frequently, asking questions and advice. Then I moved down the street from his shop in Anaheim, and went to meet him. We BS'd for quite a while, then went out to look at his Triumph. The tires were what looked like original, cause they were cracked all to hell. I asked him if he was going to replace his tires cause they looked dangerous. He said that I sounded like his woman. HAHA!!! And I told him about my engine spewing oil on my back tire as I drove down the street, Keith said that that was practice.

What a great guy.

My condolences.