PDA

View Full Version : Riding today in jersey?

bonesxl1100
04-15-2012, 7:58 AM
Getting on the scoot today and was thinking about hoping the border into jersey. Any of you jersey guys doing anything today? Central to north jersey? Any cool places I can stop in? I'll be coming from PA via route 80 or maybe a little more north

Detale
04-15-2012, 8:02 AM
Dude I would/could actually meet up with you today as it's one of the few days I have nothing specific to do BUT... My bike is down right now. One of my struts holding my rear fender broke and I have to get someone to weld my sissy bar to hold it now. Should be up and running late next week. Have fun and I'll see you next week maybe man.

bonesxl1100
04-15-2012, 8:16 AM
a broken strut from riding on the pristine streets of NYC??? Tell me it isnt true. haha

Detale
04-15-2012, 8:22 AM
Can't be sure. What happened was I noticed a rattling and when I went to tighten the bolt holding it to the frame I noticed it was stripped really badly so I went to change it while taking it out that fucker got jammed halfway out somehow, and then the head broke off. I figure the bolt was bent thats why it got jammed up so bad. These were some home made jobs that came when I bought the bike and they worked fine. I have a sissy bar I wanted to install anyway so this will make me do it instead of putting it off for another month or two

Flatironmike
04-15-2012, 8:33 AM
whats a scoot?

bonesxl1100
04-15-2012, 8:40 AM
whats a scoot?

Sometimes I call my bike a scoot.

thekid72
04-15-2012, 8:53 AM
bones if you come in farther north into jersey you could always check out hawks nest on the PA side or take 23 over highpoint mountain. you can get to 23 from 84

edit: personally i think highpoint mountain is more fun but hawks nest is a good tight twist section that runs right next to the delaware river

bonesxl1100
04-15-2012, 9:03 AM
Yeah I do hawks nest once or twice a year. Nice riding.

Vaughn
04-15-2012, 11:57 AM
hey bones, would've been cool to hook up but i'm stuck watching the paint dry on my MercuryMoto tank. so i'm just throwing a few back and contemplating my electrics. hopefully i'll be back up and running by the end of the week.

michaelmartin
04-15-2012, 7:07 PM
I left Jersey to GO to PA instead. Out at Washington's Crossing was the "Gathering of the Nortons". Not just Nortons, but all sorts of vintage Triumphs, Tritons, BSA's, BMWs and Moto Guzzis, mostly. A few Old HD Flatheads and Indian Chiefs and then Harleys of all sorts, A Lavedra, which I've only seen in magazines, and a '29 Scott. Just a bunch of great shit. And then of course, a good run through the twists of Bucks County.

MIKE47
04-15-2012, 8:14 PM
Damn it! I knew that was coming. I thought it was next week. That Norton show is awesome.