PDA

View Full Version : plates

cros36
04-12-2012, 10:01 AM
why do people block out the number in pictures? doesnt make sense. yeah i guess if someone wanted they could find out certain things about you with that info if they had the resources. but my shit is legit and i dont give a fuck if you know where i live.

school me on this.

interstatejoe
04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Big brother is always watching

Sent from hell using Tapatalk

blackout
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
why do people block out the number in pictures? doesnt make sense. yeah i guess if someone wanted they could find out certain things about you with that info if they had the resources. but my shit is legit and i dont give a fuck if you know where i live.

school me on this.

cause with you plate number and state i can find out where you live, work, your name, ph# alot of personal info then come rob you. as long as your bike is regestered in your name their is plenty of info you can find on someone that i for one wouldn't want getting inthe wrong hands.

cros36
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
cause with you plate number and state i can find out where you live, work, your name, ph# alot of personal info then come rob you. as long as your bike is regestered in your name their is plenty of info you can find on someone that i for one wouldn't want getting inthe wrong hands.

ok, well in no more than 3 clicks i just found out your name, where you live, where you work, where you went to school. i wasnt even trying. with that i could do some damage right?

Pendulum
04-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm an automotive photographer and I shoot primarily Japanese cars. Theft is VERY high in that crowd, especially with modified Hondas. If you know someone at the MVD, you can take a plate number and get an address. Then steal the car.

I'm assuming the reason for blurring/removing plates is the same with bikes.

Ember
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Also, with PS and other editing software, one can take your plate and paste on another's for what ever reason they may have. Selling a hot bike/car over the internet, etc.
Some people like to keep any and all personal information off the internet (it is never erased) so they will block the plate. There is no need to see the plate numbers anyways.

blackout
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
ok, well in no more than 3 clicks i just found out your name, where you live, where you work, where you went to school. i wasnt even trying. with that i could do some damage right?

yes but what if you dont have that info available to you. what if you just say did a google search and found a pic and got the lp number what then. you can go in a computer program and i can find your address to your house not just what town you live in

turtlem1969
04-12-2012, 9:48 PM
Not only where you live but also when a plate is ran you can get drivers license number and social security number, with that info one can do a lot of damage.

cros36
04-13-2012, 7:06 AM
pussies....

hah just playing. thanks for the responses, it could make sense. i guess i look at it differently. i dont care if you know where i live, i dont have a job, i lock my garage. if you do steal my shit, its insured, and in my neighborhood you would get caught anyhow. and i fucking guarantee if someone got a hold of my SSN there is absolutely nothing you could do with my credit, if anything i could try to use identity theft as an excuse for all my debt.

blackout
04-13-2012, 7:38 AM
pussies....

hah just playing. thanks for the responses, it could make sense. i guess i look at it differently. i dont care if you know where i live, i dont have a job, i lock my garage. if you do steal my shit, its insured, and in my neighborhood you would get caught anyhow. and i fucking guarantee if someone got a hold of my SSN there is absolutely nothing you could do with my credit, if anything i could try to use identity theft as an excuse for all my debt.

im in about the same boat as you man. i do have a job but i get off early in the day and if you try to brake in my garage they will have to dodge some bullets.

TooLoe
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
pussies....

garage unlocked in 6 seconds. Not sure about you but in my neighborhood i've got quite a bit of older people. if you can get inside in under 30 seconds grab what you want and get out your not likely to get caught
http://youtu.be/CMz1tXBVT1s

cros36
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
if a thief wants your shit, they are gonna take it, but i use c-clamps on both tracks of my garage door. so any efforts to make it in through my garage would not work. but whatever, all i did was ask about blocking out plates on pictures. i got my answer(ish)

ThePete
04-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Door spring just broke on the double side of the garage with the opener and its not locked come on over and help yourself I'm tired of wresling with that bastard. I need it open to do a little cleaning this weekend so just do me a favor and prop it open once you leave by back will thank you and I don't really need a hernia or a fucking rupture. The single side is easy to open but good luck on the single side its double locked.

Sent while masturbating in the handicap stall.

NakedRob
04-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Two years ago someone broke into my house and made off with a $500 projector screen. There were 3 of us home at the time, sleeping. You'd be surprised how hard it is to wake someone up at 4 am.

solo48
04-13-2012, 6:35 PM
i dont see a point in hiding my plate, its not like thousands of people do not see it daily while im riding around anyway. whats to keep any of those people in public from doing the exact same thing??? hell whats to keep them from following me home to kill my entire family and steal all my shit??? i have nothing to hide with my license plate. if someone is brave enough to come onto my humble 5 acre compound will ill intentions i think i might even encourage it, i havent had good practice with moving targets in a while... :D

cros36
04-13-2012, 7:00 PM
i dont see a point in hiding my plate, its not like thousands of people do not see it daily while im riding around anyway. whats to keep any of those people in public from doing the exact same thing??? hell whats to keep them from following me home to kill my entire family and steal all my shit??? i have nothing to hide with my license plate. if someone is brave enough to come onto my humble 5 acre compound will ill intentions i think i might even encourage it, i havent had good practice with moving targets in a while... :D

finally.

Stick
04-13-2012, 8:30 PM
i agree...never have figured it out... i dont see tags covered in the walmart parking lot...lol