PDA

View Full Version : New York bound

lunchbox16
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
i'm heading to ny tomorrow with the wife for a few days. any suggestions would be awesome

SingSing
04-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Make sure u hit "the Village" downtown...im assumin ur takin the train as parking is a bitch and mad $$ in the city. Make ur way down to 14th st and get off the underground train, make ur way upstairs to the streets above to the Land Of The Living Dead (lol) and walk down towards St. Marks Place. The East Village is separated from the West Village by 5Th Ave where NY University is located. Great places to browse though the West Village is more commercialized and the East Village a bit more bohemian. Go eat at Bennys Burritos. Tex Mex food. Burritos look like pregnant amardillos and they pretty cheap...Located at the corner of Avenue A and third street i think..u cant go wrong...St. Marks Place has some pretty funky shops all around. U can walk by the 81 clubhouse. Trust me its easy to spot. Its either on 3rd st n has bikes parked out front. Google it. NO PHOTOS!!! Furthur downtown theres Canal St with ALL the chinese hawkers....Good luck braving those guys and navigating thru those jam packed sidewalks...theres theres Mulberry St otherwise known as Little Italy....Go walk on the brooklyn bridge. If u do end up in Brooklyn go hit up Willy B! Thats Williamsburg-where the Indian Larry shop is at. Bedford Avenue and 9Th is where that cool lil hipster stretch is....cool fuckin shops and bars and pretty cheap too. any questions u can contact me. Safe trip..

lunchbox16
04-10-2012, 12:22 AM
thanks man.

Walleye
04-10-2012, 7:03 AM
Death Death Die is playing in NY a week from this Friday,........

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 8:13 AM
While you're in the st. marks/east village area:

Sixth Street Specials is a British only bike shop located on 6th St & Ave C. Since you've got a Triumph you might want to stop in and say hi to Hugh and Fumi.

Ace bar on 5th btwn A & B ...Right across from them is Black Iron Burger....I shit you not its the best burger you'll ever have in your life. Get the Iron Horse with horseradish cheddar.

If you & the misses are looking for a great dinner joint try Edi & the Wolf on Ave C between 6 & 7th st. I swear every time, I eat there the meal is the best ive ever had.

(as you can tell I take food VERY seriously..moreso than bikes)

Of course if you dont feel like site seeing, you could always bring your tattoo equipment and do a house call. (I kid of course)

I live in the EV so if you're looking for ideas for food/sites/whatever ask away

Leiffireeater80
04-10-2012, 8:34 AM
Bars you'll want to hit up
Matchless- for Moto GP mondays
No Name- right down the block fun as hell
St. Vitus- legit metal bar
Clover Club- real cocktails with a 20's era bar
Death and Co.- real cocktails a pain to get into but no standing makes it nice
Spuyten Duyvil- One of the best beer bars in the states great backyard
DBA- Another great beer bar more of an American focus
151 Rivington- shithole that's usually fun
and the list goes on. My New York revolves around bars and there's a ton of them

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 8:43 AM
Bars you'll want to hit up
Matchless- for Moto GP mondays
No Name- right down the block fun as hell
St. Vitus- legit metal bar
Clover Club- real cocktails with a 20's era bar
Death and Co.- real cocktails a pain to get into but no standing makes it nice
Spuyten Duyvil- One of the best beer bars in the states great backyard
DBA- Another great beer bar more of an American focus
151 Rivington- shithole that's usually fun
and the list goes on. My New York revolves around bars and there's a ton of them

yeah all the above.

I totally forgot to mention Matchless....which is odd being as how I was there last nite watching the GP

CRFyou
04-10-2012, 9:21 AM
Really good Italian food at il Vagabondo. It's on E. 62nd St. between 1st and 2nd st.

It's one of those places that's hard to find but totally worth it. The bartender, Jasper has been there since 1966 and has some bad ass stories. He sounds exactly like Joe Pesci.

The place rules. I always go there when I'm in town.

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 9:33 AM
Really good Italian food at il Vagabondo. It's on E. 62nd St. between 1st and 2nd st.

It's one of those places that's hard to find but totally worth it. The bartender, Jasper has been there since 1966 and has some bad ass stories. He sounds exactly like Joe Pesci.

The place rules. I always go there when I'm in town.

You have to let us know the next time you're visiting.

CRFyou
04-10-2012, 9:40 AM
You have to let us know the next time you're visiting.

I'll let you know! You got a panhead or something for me to ride? I need to keep my style game tight in New York.

I've got a client in Japan that want to come over and ride across the US. So I'm hoping he gets his shit together and we can do that this summer. He's really interested in the grand canyon and shit. That should blow his mind apart.

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 9:51 AM
I'll let you know! You got a panhead or something for me to ride? I need to keep my style game tight in New York.

I've got a client in Japan that want to come over and ride across the US. So I'm hoping he gets his shit together and we can do that this summer. He's really interested in the grand canyon and shit. That should blow his mind apart.

I'm a British guy.... five triumphs and a bsa...no panheads, But I'm sure I can sort you out, Branden. Of course, I love when the guys from California roll through and they freak out when they realize riding through NYC is like riding through a warzone.

CRFyou
04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm a British guy.... five triumphs and a bsa...no panheads, But I'm sure I can sort you out, Branden. Of course, I love when the guys from California roll through and they freak out when they realize riding through NYC is like riding through a warzone.

Ah man! Sweet! I've got 4 British bikes... I was just testing you to make sure you were cool. Don't worry, you totally are!

Once, when I was on a mobile marketing tour, we had to drive our truck and 42' trailer through Manhattan. Our PR guy tricked Fox News into doing a special on the video game we were promoting. It was my turn to drive. All that fucking truck downtown was nerve wracking. Plus, I'm usually cabbing it there, so I was GPSing my balls off hoping I didn't go down some lame street.

NHMike
04-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Boston is only 5ish hours away, go there, it's better. Although, I guess I'm a bit partial.

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Boston is only 5ish hours away, go there, it's better. Although, I guess I'm a bit partial.

Better?! So you guys finally got rid of the Red Sox! Congrats

JimmyBK
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM

:cheersmate:

bonesxl1100
04-10-2012, 12:56 PM

:clap for you:

JimmyBK
04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
other than bars and motorcycles what are you in to?

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 1:07 PM
other than bars and motorcycles what are you in to?

The guy's already married, is there really anything else BUT bars and motorcycles?

Detale
04-10-2012, 2:25 PM
Hey why don't I see you guys signed up in this thread?

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17831&highlight=maryland

NHMike
04-10-2012, 2:34 PM

That hurts man, that hurts.

JimmyBK
04-10-2012, 2:38 PM
The guy's already married, is there really anything else BUT bars and motorcycles?

depending on what they like to do, there is a ton of shit to do. its new york fucking city, not some country bumpkin town. if they like rub and tugs, we got those. if they are in to museums we got a ton of those, pizza yes, good hot-pot, any kind of food you can think of. If a swingers club is more their speed we got some of those. maybe they are movie buffs and wanna slide down the ghostbusters fire poll, or go shoot guns in the same range as Travis Bickle.

So to answer your question, in NYC yes there is more than beer and motorcycles. Outside of the city, no. But if you just want lists of good bars to go then those listed are awesome (atmosphere wise), but I could again, what are you in to? Good beer, wine, tequila, whiskey, titties, arcades?

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 2:53 PM
It was a joke. :::SHEESH::: Tough crowd

JimmyBK
04-10-2012, 2:58 PM
It was a joke. :::SHEESH::: Tough crowd

no worries Mike;), I'm just trying to help.

GreaserMike
04-10-2012, 3:04 PM
Hey why don't I see you guys signed up in this thread?

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17831&highlight=maryland

In 1972 I was a member of a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime we didn't commit. We promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the New York underground. Today, still wanted by the government, we survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find us, maybe you can ride with the A-Team.

;)

lunchbox16
04-10-2012, 6:04 PM

i live in ma and go to boston only when i need to. not a huge city guy. i'm in ny because i'm getting tattooed in brooklyn on thur and i took the wife out for few days. so i'm here now till thur night. thanks for all the help guys.
at the moment we are in manhattan in the hotel, just got in

JimmyBK
04-10-2012, 6:49 PM
i live in ma and go to boston only when i need to. not a huge city guy. i'm in ny because i'm getting tattooed in brooklyn on thur and i took the wife out for few days. so i'm here now till thur night. thanks for all the help guys.
at the moment we are in manhattan in the hotel, just got in

please say you're going to Three Kings?

And welcome

lunchbox16
04-10-2012, 6:58 PM
please say you're going to Three Kings?

And welcome

Yes three kings. But I'm getting tattooed by matt shamah he's from CA.

Detale
04-10-2012, 7:10 PM
In 1972 I was a member of a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime we didn't commit. We promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the New York underground. Today, still wanted by the government, we survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find us, maybe you can ride with the A-Team.

;)
:clap for you: Thats great!

JimmyBK
04-11-2012, 8:01 AM
they have the best guest artist. check out matchless after its across the street.