PDA

View Full Version : Solo seat springs

JaySco
08-06-2009, 6:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend some decent springs in the 2"-3" range. I've read that the fleabay heavy duty ones are too stiff, and I'm sure there are the crap dime a dozen ones too. And I'm not trying to drop two bills on some fancy nancy adjustable ones either.

currysurr
08-06-2009, 6:56 AM
I ordered some 3 inch springs from Jireh last year. Don't remember what brand they were or anything like that, but they seem to be pretty kick ass for me. I'm not even sure if they listed a brand.

Probably not much help.

NITRO
08-06-2009, 7:15 AM
I'm running these, they'rew VTwin springs http://lowbrowcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=363

NHMike
08-06-2009, 7:23 AM
I got my "Fat Shit" 5"ers off eGay and they seem to do ok. But they are a bit stiff. Once I hardtail the rear end I'm going back to the 2 1/2"ers I originally got.

StevO
08-06-2009, 7:33 AM
I found that I like my $20 ebay HD air bag and a couple of 3 inch springs works swell. Choppershocks hurt!

twowheelsforever
08-06-2009, 7:44 AM
I ordered some 3 inch springs from Jireh last year. Don't remember what brand they were or anything like that, but they seem to be pretty kick ass for me. I'm not even sure if they listed a brand.

I've got the 3" springs from Jireh too, and they definitely aren't too stiff. I actually catch some pretty good air when I hit a bump...

eliwolf6
08-29-2009, 1:19 AM
got some 3"ers from justified defiance.. brass tint on em. kinda dig em, and theyre comfy

Halwade
08-29-2009, 9:49 AM
If you've got fab skills, I love the look of automotive valve springs for solo seat springs. I'll try to dig up a photo.

For bolt-on, have you considered the diaper pin style instead of coils?

JaySco
08-29-2009, 4:20 PM
For bolt-on, have you considered the diaper pin style instead of coils?

I considered them, and now I'm really thinking of getting them. I hear those are stiffer than the coils. I got 2" coils and they look sweet, but with the bolt head, and the seat pearch pin thing, it leaves an inch of travel, and once I sit on it that inch is gone. I either need stiffer springs or bigger ones.

djmfnk
08-29-2009, 5:42 PM
if you are a fat turd like me, skip the diaper pin style. they tend to break under girth.

TSF
08-29-2009, 6:22 PM
cheap ones from the mom and pop motorcycle shop worked for me