PDA

View Full Version : oif 750 bonnie into fl style frame?

bonniechop
12-12-2009, 5:19 PM
just picked up a 79 750 bonneville and I was wondering what to use for a frame... has anyone used a harley fl rigid frame? I want to run a 150-160 rear tire and had concerns about the width and offset and then having kicker clearance problems... the reason for the harley frame is the abundance of parts for that make of bike... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks, Rod

Sky
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Anythings possible ,but..Don't.
Fat tire+unit motor=headache.
Great big offsets and or jackshafts are required. Can't just move the sprocket out.
I have seen it done well once. It won the Horse Smoke Out one year.

Speedfiend
11-04-2010, 6:38 AM
What you need is a Triumph Trident front loop and a FMW hardtail.. On the triple frames, the lower frame rails are about an inch wider apart. You can space the twin engine off the center line,left, to fit up to a 180 tire. The plus is no offset or jack shaft, the minus is the bikes a little heavier on one side. But hey its a chop not a road racer.

bhead1968
11-04-2010, 7:23 AM
just picked up a 79 750 bonneville and I was wondering what to use for a frame... has anyone used a harley fl rigid frame? I want to run a 150-160 rear tire and had concerns about the width and offset and then having kicker clearance problems... the reason for the harley frame is the abundance of parts for that make of bike... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks, Rod

This is a first for me...why? just to put a fatter tire? Again it is YOUR bike. But, If its a matter of parts, Shoot me a PM and I can give you a guy in SFL (Ft laud) with a TON of Trump parts for your build.

image1
11-04-2010, 8:17 AM
go buy a harley and sell the trump to somone who won't fuck it up.

LinkBelt
11-05-2010, 8:21 PM
Here is one that I think was tastefully done in a swing arm frame.