PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Michigan?

Pages : [1] 2

derekd403
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
OK so a few questions. 1) Is anyone else here from the mitten? 2) if so where at? 3) is there any must take roads to ride on around this place? 4) any cool bike events to go to (besides easy riders rodeo in fowlerville)? Thanks

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 5:03 AM
Im in East Lansing...bunch of killer roads up north and along the west coast of the state...a lot of nice country stuff everywhere really...as far as events there's chopper fest, HIH usually puts on a show, there's lil sturgis, i can't remember the name but there's a event in Muskegon that's supposed to be big, bikes on the bricks in flint...

derekd403
04-02-2012, 7:12 AM
Awesome thank you. I live on fowlerville and attend easy riders usually but its always the same thing. I've ben looking for places to go/ride and things to do and didn't know what else there was. I appreciate the feedback thank you

cros36
04-02-2012, 7:13 AM
im in ann arbor, about to move out to madison heights in july. dont know any must take roads. dont know any great events.

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 7:50 AM
Awesome thank you. I live on fowlerville and attend easy riders usually but its always the same thing. I've ben looking for places to go/ride and things to do and didn't know what else there was. I appreciate the feedback thank you

Practically neighbors lol...if your every in the Lansing area hit me up I always have beers in my garage and working on something...a few of us are riding out to ohio to meet up with another group of my friends to roll out to lowbrows event in july...the more the merrier if you wanna roll...

bparsel
04-02-2012, 8:29 AM
im in ann arbor, about to move out to madison heights in july. dont know any must take roads. dont know any great events.

Once you hit Madison Heights you can roll to Selfridge Air Base and take the Coast all the way to Port Huron - Great ride. We'll be trying to get some guys together to make that Run this Summer a couple times.

I'm in Rochester Hills and "Super P" is only a couple miles down the road from me. We try and get out for a ride every couple weekends.

hillakilla
04-02-2012, 9:28 AM
I'm in lansing, at least until the end of july, then i don't know where, maybe back home to the UP. i don't know of many amazing or must see roads around mid michigan... mostly straight and flat, there are a couple turns out by portland. if you have a chance for a long trip, Copper Harbor in the UP has some straight up ridiculous wooded and coastline drives.

Motorradfahrer
04-02-2012, 9:45 AM
Here's another thread for people in MI -
Michigan Riders (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12535&highlight=michigan)

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 9:51 AM
If ur looking for twists and turns...the back roads to get to hell Michigan are badass also the back roads to the car museum are a good time...round lake road just out side of Lansing is a good time.

tnichoson
04-02-2012, 9:54 AM
hi i live in Grand Rapids the only thing in lower michigan is potholes if your ever on this side i can show you some good hilly and twistys roads haven't been on them this year probley full of potholes

derekd403
04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
damn look at all these michigan riders. i usually take back roads from my house down to hell/unadilla area. Where I'm at is nothing but farms and mostly dirt roads so i have to pick and choose my routes very carefully usually. and hell yeah livingdead we are practically neighbors, do you ever scoot down here for easy riders?

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I haven't yet but will be there this year for sure!

hillakilla
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM
ah yeah, i just discovered round lake road the other weekend.

Slayer63
04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Im about a half hour south west of saginaw. Nothing much around here but up north around Traverse City is nice. Look up the tunnle of trees in the fall. I usually take a day and make a loop around the thumb. Not too bad of a ride. Most roads by the shore can be pretty nice in the summer.

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Im about a half hour south west of saginaw. Nothing much around here but up north around Traverse City is nice. Look up the tunnle of trees in the fall. I usually take a day and make a loop around the thumb. Not too bad of a ride. Most roads by the shore can be pretty nice in the summer.

Traverse is rad...up there a couple times a year...Frankfort and the elberta areas have a ton of good stuff too!

totaldismay
04-02-2012, 1:20 PM
Im in grand rapids. Sparta area has some good roads

SuperP
04-02-2012, 4:58 PM
Checking in,

Rochester area. Maybe thi year some of us can head a little West and some can head a little East. We can meet up.

2011FXDWG
04-02-2012, 6:09 PM
I'm up in Traverse and I'm surrounded by amazing roads. Beautiful, hilly, twisty, lakeshore, etc. I have 'em all within 5 mins of my driveway. Usually, I'm the only one on them. There is M-22 right here, and M-119 isn't too far away, 1 1/2hrs. 5 breweries, 2 distilleries, 4 mead/cider houses, and about 20 wineries local. Hit me up if anyone is interested in a ride, have a garage and some places to sleep for free(booze)!

The only other riders up here are old people on baggers. Don't know why with all the badass roads here :/

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 6:57 PM
I'm up in Traverse and I'm surrounded by amazing roads. Beautiful, hilly, twisty, lakeshore, etc. I have 'em all within 5 mins of my driveway. Usually, I'm the only one on them. There is M-22 right here, and M-119 isn't too far away, 1 1/2hrs. 5 breweries, 2 distilleries, 4 mead/cider houses, and about 20 wineries local. Hit me up if anyone is interested in a ride, have a garage and some places to sleep for free(booze)!

The only other riders up here are old people on baggers. Don't know why with all the badass roads here :/

A group of us camp just a couple miles out from Frankfort every summer....we love it up there. Have to hit you up this year, its usually just a drunken mess.

milunchbox
04-02-2012, 8:25 PM
im in mason mi just south of lansing... im down for beers whenever and if you want to come work on shit in my garage...
jimbo

derekd403
04-02-2012, 8:56 PM
Ok this is great stuff. I am within 25 mins of livingdead and jimbo we will have to ride this summer. What's that bike in your pic livingdead?

milunchbox
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Ok this is great stuff. I am within 25 mins of livingdead and jimbo we will have to ride this summer. What's that bike in your pic livingdead?

let me know. i gotta get the rig put back together.... if yall wanna come help let me know...

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 10:11 PM

1979 Kz750 I built and sold...I've got a pretty stocked garage if you ever need anything too (welders, lathe, lift etc) my door is always open.

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=milunchbox;298161]let me know. i gotta get the rig put back together.... if yall wanna come help let me know...

Always down to turn a wrench...hit me up if you need a hand or someone to drink beer and point.

Garyc42660
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm in ...myself and about 8 others are from sterling hts area...we ride everywhere...from going into downtown to anywhere north....actually gonna ride to opening day this Thurs if it doesnt rain

milunchbox
04-02-2012, 10:20 PM
well if you guys wanna ride out to my neck of the woods, we have plenty of good roads to ride. then if you wanna have a beer and watch me throw things im my garage and laugh that would work. livingdead mc im painting this weekend but this next week or weekend ill be putting my front end together and motor in.. could usee a hand with the motor and maybe the front end.

livingdeadmc
04-02-2012, 10:23 PM
well if you guys wanna ride out to my neck of the woods, we have plenty of good roads to ride. then if you wanna have a beer and watch me throw things im my garage and laugh that would work. livingdead mc im painting this weekend but this next week or weekend ill be putting my front end together and motor in.. could usee a hand with the motor and maybe the front end.

I should be free...I'm off on the weekends so just hit me up on here and I'll get ya my number.

milunchbox
04-02-2012, 10:49 PM
sounds good anyone else wants to cpme just message me...

miller0613
04-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Also from Michigan over in Muskegon. The event you guys were mentioning is Muskegon Bike time getting pretty big last year was like 30,000 bikes and 100,000 people. Mostly baggers and such but a group from one of the other forums of like 25 or so guys come up and camp and they were from all over IL, Maine, lots of wisc and IL guys but that was most of the chopper contingent that was there. Some great riding over here up and down the shoreline. We should all get together for that and try to get some Chop Cult representation there (some of them are on here too).

There is also the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin Mi ( in between Muskegon anf Traverse City) this year that is May 14-16 usually a good time

hillakilla
04-03-2012, 7:55 AM
livingdeadmc- i'm working on fabbing up a headlight bracket, trying to modify my eyebrow now with a dremel, but if that doesn't work, i may need access to a welder and grinder.

Chris300s
04-03-2012, 11:59 AM
www.2wheelmichigan.com is another site of riders.

I'm from Mount Clemens but currently in the UK.
The Huron Salem loop from South Lyon is about the best in the South.
As mentioned, lots of nice rides in the West and North.
Jefferson North from Selfridge is great in the heat of the summer. Stop in at Quay Street or the Brass Rail and then back.

Chris

derekd403
04-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Hmm I'm not too familiar with the "Huron Salem Loop", I'm not too far from South Lyon, where's it at? I like to head down and just cruise around Kensington once in while and strap a fishing pole to my bike :)

livingdeadmc
04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
livingdeadmc- i'm working on fabbing up a headlight bracket, trying to modify my eyebrow now with a dremel, but if that doesn't work, i may need access to a welder and grinder.

Lemme know if you need help...I'm down...I'm off on Tuesdays, the weekends and typically around after six...

OldSoulFabrication
04-04-2012, 7:24 PM
Checking in for Michigan too. Wayne westland area. Would definitely be down for a ride. Just gotta finish putting my bike back together first. Hoping by the end of April ill be done.

derekd403
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok so put that scoot back together and why don't we (as in anyone who checked in for MI) meet up for a cruise.

OldSoulFabrication
04-05-2012, 3:48 AM
Sounds good to me. Dying to get out and ride. Just waiting to get my motor back in the next few days and then it shouldnt be much longer. Main thing I have left to tackle is the wiring. Which could end up taking awhile considering my brain doesn't process it to well Haha.

westcomb
04-05-2012, 7:51 AM
Also from Michigan over in Muskegon. The event you guys were mentioning is Muskegon Bike time getting pretty big last year was like 30,000 bikes and 100,000 people. Mostly baggers and such but a group from one of the other forums of like 25 or so guys come up and camp and they were from all over IL, Maine, lots of wisc and IL guys but that was most of the chopper contingent that was there. Some great riding over here up and down the shoreline. We should all get together for that and try to get some Chop Cult representation there (some of them are on here too).

There is also the blessing of the bikes in Baldwin Mi ( in between Muskegon anf Traverse City) this year that is May 14-16 usually a good time

I'm from muskegon and bike time is ok lots of people like 4 beer tents burnout's cop's let you get away with anything! But mostley new bike's and things like that, I've been to everyone and it's fun for me? blessing of the bike's in baldwin is a good time also and muskegon has a spring run every may thats also a good time, chopperfest is cool as well and one of the best times is at the sandy corley run 3 days camping at the double J, drinking, tities, and just about anything goes on privat land deff. a good time! ;) as for rideing theres some good roads around here any road around the lake's, lakeshore drive, river road, and lot's of others stay on the lake shore and It will be twisty shaded and long! northern MI is the best tho I love riding anyware north of muskegon same thing stay on the lakeshore all the way to the UP the UP is the best ride for sure and coolest place I've ever road is copper harber but its a few day's ride to enjoy it! the UP is a must do ride for anyone looking to travel you would never know it was the same state it is way different and well worth the time I go up there at least once a year!

johnniefingers
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
also checking in from monroe. there's a bunch of us shitbags from monroe, toledo and downriver always down for some riding

livingdeadmc
04-05-2012, 6:57 PM
We def need to all meet up some where...ride and drink!

derekd403
04-05-2012, 7:39 PM
Lets do ittttttttttt

livingdeadmc
04-05-2012, 8:05 PM
Meet mid state somewhere? Weekends work best? Any "blackout" dates for anyone? This needs to happen....lol

Slayer63
04-05-2012, 8:17 PM
Meet mid state somewhere? Weekends work best? Any "blackout" dates for anyone? This needs to happen....lol

Im down. Only thing is there aint shit in the middle!

livingdeadmc
04-05-2012, 8:21 PM
Bahahahaha....middle'ish? Suggestions??

milunchbox
04-05-2012, 10:21 PM
how bout april 28th. should have my bike done by then. meet up at my house and then eat and drink plenty of good roads around here. im pretty middle of the state. got spare rooms and also 16 acres to sleep on. i live in leslie just south of lansing.

livingdeadmc
04-06-2012, 5:18 AM
Works for me

Kaitastrophee
04-06-2012, 6:47 AM
Chick riders welcome.....? I'm down to ride

cros36
04-06-2012, 7:01 AM
i highly doubt my shit will be done by then....sad face

are lime green ford fiestas welcome?

never mind, ill just sit at home and stare at my bike. i dont want to gay the place up too much.

derekd403
04-06-2012, 7:22 AM

never mind, ill just sit at home and stare at my bike. i dont want to gay the place up too much.

Ok I don't want to laugh but that's kinda funny. Not the fact you have to stare at your bike but the fact you don't want to gay it up. I'll see what I can do to meet up with yall, my only downfall is I work the weekends and my bike isn't exactly handbuilt or rad, but it does have 2 wheels and scoots :)

derekd403
04-06-2012, 7:24 AM
Also Kaitastrophee, we are basically neighbors! I'm from Fowlerville. Glad to see other country bumpkins on here.

2011FXDWG
04-06-2012, 7:29 AM
Like I said, anyone is welcome to come and stay at my place up in Traverse City, but I live in a neighborhood, so I can't have too many people camped out all over my yard for too long. But there is a motorcycle campgound about 10 mins away from my house that is pretty nice. It's right behind a motorcycle repair shop/motorcycle museum. You can get to great rides in 10-15mins from there. cycle-moore.com

I don't have a vintage bike, nor is it a chopper. But it runs and I can get anywhere on it. I'd be down with going to wherever.

livingdeadmc
04-06-2012, 7:32 AM

Maybe kaitastrophee has a p-pad for ya!? Lmao

Roll out anyways dude!!!

johnniefingers
04-06-2012, 8:40 AM
shit the weekend of the 28th is my long weekend to work. fri sat and sunday.

livingdeadmc
04-06-2012, 8:58 AM
Im off this coming Tuesday and will be out riding if anyone wants to meet up...its the 10th I believe.

milunchbox
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Chick riders welcome.....? I'm down to ride

anyone is welcome just no drama no bullshit. byob and you dont need a bike i dont know if mine will be done by then, i will try.

Slayer63
04-06-2012, 2:45 PM
Ill try and make it. Still waiting on some parts. Need my bars and an electronic ignition modual.

SuperP
04-06-2012, 3:52 PM
Not sure my bike will make it all the way there...or...not sure I can make it there on my bike, lol. It is not a highway cruiser. I will see what I can figure out.

Kaitastrophee
04-06-2012, 5:47 PM
Derek I work in fowlerville man! I also grew up there! Country bumpkin fo lyfe!

Kaitastrophee
04-06-2012, 5:50 PM
Drama not my game lunchbox

livingdeadmc
04-06-2012, 6:29 PM
Drama not my game lunchbox

LIAR!!!! U fuckn drama queen!!!

Kaitastrophee
04-06-2012, 6:40 PM
LIAR!!!! U fuckn drama queen!!!

You shut your god damn trap and bring me some beer !

derekd403
04-06-2012, 9:19 PM
Ohhhh damn. You grew up in fowlertucky? How old are you?

hillakilla
04-06-2012, 10:47 PM
my last exam ever for life is on april 27, so i'm down for the 28th for sure.

haha, actually, nevermind, the last (and biggest) exam of my life is in the end of july, and it is going to be killer. but that is neither here nor there, i'm still game for the 28th.

livingdeadmc
04-07-2012, 7:01 AM
You shut your god damn trap and bring me some beer !

Ill tell abs to put some in ur easter basket!

derekd403
04-08-2012, 2:00 PM
Ok the 28th it is then? I'll be out of work at 2 pm and ready to roll afterwards. Will all the great minds that are up for attending, hopefully I can tap some of your guys' knowlede/experience for doing some custom work on this bike!

chopshopsnake
04-08-2012, 7:02 PM
East coast riding is the best.. tunnel of trees up by petosky.. round lake rd by you is nice.. im from owosso not to far from you if you ever want to go for a quick rip.

derekd403
04-08-2012, 9:09 PM
glad to see so many people within a short distance of myself. although i do have a off topic question for people here, I haven't really read/seen anything or looked, but does MI require you to have mirrors on your bike and do they require a DOT approved helmet? also, what do you guys ride with? I was looking at a 3/4 from Biltwell but i have such a fat head i'd need a L and it looks like a bobble head. so i was checking out the novelty captain america from IronHorseHelmets.com and can't decide. Thanks

miller0613
04-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Would love to meet up with u guys on the 28th but I go back and forth to school in Chicago and the 28th and 29th are the last 2 days of my turkey hunting season. Definitely in for the next one.

Westcomb where are you at in twin lake?

livingdeadmc
04-09-2012, 5:03 AM
Dot yes and at least one mirror...but the helmet law may be a change'n (fingers crossed). I use an old 70s lid...i have a biltwell novelty but rarely use it.

derekd403
04-09-2012, 7:39 AM
Ok good stuff. Although I heard if they helmet law changes you'll have to carry higher insurance (this was just hearsay so im not positive)

livingdeadmc
04-09-2012, 9:06 AM
Yea I'm sure that will be the case...but the choice will be nice.

milunchbox
04-09-2012, 9:59 AM
Miller come shoot some turks with me
The good roads around here are 36 and dexter trail. Territorial is a good one as well
So do we have a list of people I will grill up some food for people.

livingdeadmc
04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm in for sure. I work til 2pm then down for whatever...I may be bikeless but I'll roll either way...

derekd403
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I work til 2pm also, but I will scoot out as well

chopshopsnake
04-09-2012, 4:25 PM
I meant west coast is the best coast.. im retarded.. anyway there are some neat roads in mid michigan.. just go rip around..

SSWolf18
04-09-2012, 5:28 PM
i'm near Battle Creek..the roads Suck but there is a few shows around here.
Top 3
17th annual Vintage motorcycle show and swap at Gilmore car museum, Hickory corners,june 10th.

Relix Riot aug 18th at Gilmore car museum.."Pre'64 traditional rods,customs,traditionally built choppers and bobbers..no twin cams".

and our show(SpeedshifterS)
- Rumble at the Dump in Marshall Mi, Aug 4th...free camping,hog roast,beer,bands,burn-outs,pin-up contest. show ends at 4 but the after-party stretches through the night.

Gilmore has a cruise-in every wens. night from may-sept and a car show almost every weekend..even has a small motorcycle exibit....the place is Rad!

BrainBath
04-09-2012, 8:29 PM
I am moving to Ferndale next month. I might be without a bike for a minute. I have an 08 Fat Bob I am trying to sell.

I always liked riding the back roads in Dexter/Chelsea. So many hills and twists/turns. Really fun, and some good scenery. Some decent holes along the way too if youre thirsty.

Garyc42660
04-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I am moving to Ferndale next month. I might be without a bike for a minute. I have an 08 Fat Bob I am trying to sell.

I always liked riding the back roads in Dexter/Chelsea. So many hills and twists/turns. Really fun, and some good scenery. Some decent holes along the way too if youre thirsty.

right on dude, im from sterling hts...15 mins away, my sister lives in ferdale and your super close to a cool hangout call the stonehouse off of woodward

cros36
04-10-2012, 6:25 AM
right on dude, im from sterling hts...15 mins away, my sister lives in ferdale and your super close to a cool hangout call the stonehouse off of woodward

in july on moving to madison heights....looks like we will all be neighbors.

livingdeadmc
04-10-2012, 3:18 PM
Met milunchbox last night...drank beers and pointed at my bike...shit was a good time.

milunchbox
04-11-2012, 3:42 PM
good times... so are we all down for the 28th message me if you plan on coming. if you are coming from afar and need to stay, thats cool. if you dont have your bike ready its cool i wont have mine by then either.

chopshopsnake
04-11-2012, 4:52 PM
Anyone for sure going to milunchboxes house on the 28th?

derekd403
04-11-2012, 4:57 PM
Everyone going say I...I!

BrainBath
04-11-2012, 5:50 PM

Word. I am familiar with the Stonehouse. I have some ideas on what I want to do about getting a new scoot. Hopefully I will have something together before it gets too deep into summer.

I am really stoked on Ferndale. I am from Dearborn but live in Wyandotte right now. I took the girl out to the Emory on Woodward. It was a real nice/classy place, but all the wait staff had full sleeves showing. We knew it was the kind of vibe we wanted to be around. No judgmental bullshit.

fng
04-11-2012, 6:16 PM
We should set up a ferndale bike night. In hopes of meeting cool people that are there to check out bikes and bullshit. Unlike the cocky asshole that take there bikes out once a week to royal oak so they can act tuff.(by set up I mean just show up and see what happens.) I don't care old bikes new bikes custom or stock. Who would be down with something like that?

livingdeadmc
04-11-2012, 7:50 PM
I'll be at milunchboxes...and I'm also down for anything Michigan!

Kaitastrophee
04-12-2012, 5:10 AM
Wouldn't see why I couldn't make it

cros36
04-12-2012, 6:08 AM
id like to say that ill be there, but who knows, im kinda a douche to myself when it comes to doing fun stuff for me...

bparsel
04-12-2012, 8:29 AM
We should set up a ferndale bike night. In hopes of meeting cool people that are there to check out bikes and bullshit. Unlike the cocky asshole that take there bikes out once a week to royal oak so they can act tuff.(by set up I mean just show up and see what happens.) I don't care old bikes new bikes custom or stock. Who would be down with something like that?

Royal Oak bike night is a joke. I say we plan to get a little ride together down to someplace cool, like hitting - Forans Downtown or Nancy Whiskeys just north of Corktown sometime. Those places are real Detroit. If youve never checked out Nancy Whiskeys its a solid joint in the middle of the hood. Besides, getting a few bikes to pound down the South end of Woodward through the Ghetto is always a good time.

If we did it on a Saturday or Sunday we could also swing Jefferson up the coast to St Clair Shores and end up at Jacks- on the Water.

BrainBath
04-12-2012, 2:34 PM
I like the way you think.

SuperP
04-12-2012, 5:22 PM
I am down for something like Ferndale, downtown, etc..

BrainBath
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Snyder signed the bill today repealing the mandatory helmet law. As long as youre 21, you have 20k insurance and either a safety training class or 2 years of endorsement.

cros36
04-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Snyder signed the bill today repealing the mandatory helmet law. As long as youre 21, you have 20k insurance and either a safety training class or 2 years of endorsement.

this is basically an open invitation to be pulled over. but if your legit, then thats cool.

cros36
04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
or no problem at least wearing a nov helmet or "tampering" with a DOT helmet to make it sit lower, i bet biltwell will get a bump in sales if they do some kind of advertising or something.

beanhead78
04-13-2012, 11:15 AM
yeah i dont watch the news or read the paper. but my homeboy sent me a text telling me about it.the police have developed a problem with me. everytime if im not with my boys im swettin. i think ill keep my lid on.

cros36
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
damn beanhead, we thought you were a goner

beanhead78
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
naw just had to get away from this site for a bit

livingdeadmc
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Super stoked for the law repeal!!!

bparsel
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
this is basically an open invitation to be pulled over. but if your legit, then thats cool.

Pulled this from an article today.

"In a memo sent to all posts, Michigan State Police Director Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue clarified for officers how the law will be enforced.

-- The law does not require a motorcycle operator to carry or present proof he or she has a motorcycle endorsement for at least two years or has successfully passed the motorcycle safety course.

-- The law does not require a motorcycle operator or passenger to carry proof of the $20,000 security required to operate or ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

-- Officers may not stop a motorcyclist for not wearing a helmet based on the possibility the operator or passenger may be in violation of the helmet law.

-- Operators and passengers who violate the new law are responsible for a civil infraction."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120413/POLITICS02/204130397#ixzz1rwXRwHJD

Honestly I dont really care, I'll still ride with a helmet for 90% of my riding. Quick trips to the gas station or store will be about the only times my helmet stays at home.

Kaitastrophee
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Pretty dope! Prolly still wear a lid when it's chilly tho!

derekd403
04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
yeah i like my brain the way it is, so on short trips like bparsel i think going naked will be ok, but cruising down the x-way to work just sounds like an accident waiting to happen

livingdeadmc
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Pulled this from an article today.

"In a memo sent to all posts, Michigan State Police Director Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue clarified for officers how the law will be enforced.

-- The law does not require a motorcycle operator to carry or present proof he or she has a motorcycle endorsement for at least two years or has successfully passed the motorcycle safety course.

-- The law does not require a motorcycle operator or passenger to carry proof of the $20,000 security required to operate or ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

-- Officers may not stop a motorcyclist for not wearing a helmet based on the possibility the operator or passenger may be in violation of the helmet law.

-- Operators and passengers who violate the new law are responsible for a civil infraction."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120413/POLITICS02/204130397#ixzz1rwXRwHJD

Honestly I dont really care, I'll still ride with a helmet for 90% of my riding. Quick trips to the gas station or store will be about the only times my helmet stays at home.

This is awesome!

bparsel
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Honestly Im a little confused about the extra $20k in Medical? Are we required to get an additional policy then or is it if our bike insurance (Full Coverage) and current medical insurance already have the $20k built in???

Ive done some googling to try and clarify and cant find an answer....or possibly Im retarded in the first place.

livingdeadmc
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Honestly Im a little confused about the extra $20k in Medical? Are we required to get an additional policy then or is it if our bike insurance (Full Coverage) and current medical insurance already have the $20k built in???

Ive done some googling to try and clarify and cant find an answer....or possibly Im retarded in the first place.

I'm reading it as...you are required to have 20k in insurance wether its from what your bike policy carries or other insurance you may have...so in my case i have collision on my bike with no medical, but my medical is covered by my health insurance provided by my employer. So it sounds like my situation is good...but yes it would be nice to have it laid out for us.

bparsel
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm reading it as...you are required to have 20k in insurance wether its from what your bike policy carries or other insurance you may have...so in my case i have collision on my bike with no medical, but my medical is covered by my health insurance provided by my employer. So it sounds like my situation is good...but yes it would be nice to have it laid out for us.

Alright, I dont feel so retarded anymore. Thats how I assumed it worked as well but the part thats confusing is every article reads "Additional $20k" - so, if anybody finds info that clearly clarifies it ; please post it up.

Edited, just found it:

"The law comes with several caveats. Riders must be at least 21 years old and carry $20,000 of first party medical benefits coverage before ditching their lids. They are also required to have passed a motorcycle safety course or have had their motorcycle endorsement for at least two years; all but the last two stipulations also apply for passengers."
http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2012/04/13/another-one-bites-the-dust-michigan-repeals-helmet-law.htm

cros36
04-13-2012, 12:21 PM
yeah, but you dont have to prove it....fuck em

derekd403
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=bparsel;303623]Alright, I dont feel so retarded anymore. Thats how I assumed it worked as well but the part thats confusing is every article reads "Additional $20k" - so, if anybody finds info that clearly clarifies it ; please post it up.

Edited, just found it:

"The law comes with several caveats. Riders must be at least 21 years old and carry $20,000 of first party medical benefits coverage before ditching their lids. They are also required to have passed a motorcycle safety course or have had their motorcycle endorsement for at least two years; all but the last two stipulations also apply for passengers."
http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2012/04/13/another-one-bites-the-dust-michigan-repeals-helmet-law.htm[/QUOTE
So I feel stupid, but first party insurance would be me having health insurance? My employer provides health insurance and I want to be sure

cros36
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
someone needs to call their insurance company and ask. i would but i dont have a phone that isnt shut off right now.

livingdeadmc
04-13-2012, 1:08 PM
[QUOTE=bparsel;303623]Alright, I dont feel so retarded anymore. Thats how I assumed it worked as well but the part thats confusing is every article reads "Additional $20k" - so, if anybody finds info that clearly clarifies it ; please post it up.

Edited, just found it:

http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2012/04/13/another-one-bites-the-dust-michigan-repeals-helmet-law.htm[/QUOTE
So I feel stupid, but first party insurance would be me having health insurance? My employer provides health insurance and I want to be sure

PERFECT!!!

derekd403
04-13-2012, 1:15 PM
ok thats what I like to hear. Finally my boring hospital job is paying off! glad they provide me w/ insurance

derekd403
04-13-2012, 7:12 PM
wooo took my first naked ride today......and i didn't wear a helmet either (buh-dum...tish**) It was exhilarating. but on a off topic subject, does anyone know of a fairly priced upholstery shop that does good work. I need a seat reupholstered because the job i did was god awful and hideous? thank you

SuperP
04-13-2012, 7:59 PM
Installing a new tank shifter on the bike tomorrow. Will test ride with a freshly shorn tater.

Kaitastrophee
04-13-2012, 9:00 PM
Naked rides on the 28th it is then!!

chopshopsnake
04-13-2012, 9:07 PM
First ride of the year today.. couldnt resist with the new law... cold but pretty damn fun..

bparsel
04-14-2012, 8:54 AM
Installing a new tank shifter on the bike tomorrow. Will test ride with a freshly shorn tater.

Geez, did somebody take your bike for a ride and snap the shifter off??? What kind of asshole would do that?!?!?!:D

SuperP
04-14-2012, 2:32 PM
Geez, did somebody take your bike for a ride and snap the shifter off??? What kind of asshole would do that?!?!?!:D

You passed the ultimate riders test. Learn to ride a foot clutch bike, and on the way home, do it without the shifter LOL! That will keep you on your toes.

2011FXDWG
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm planning on making it down, will message later for directions. Can't wait to start making trips again!!

milunchbox
04-15-2012, 3:50 PM
looks to me like we might have a good showing... ill get the beer and food ready

Garyc42660
04-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Word. I am familiar with the Stonehouse. I have some ideas on what I want to do about getting a new scoot. Hopefully I will have something together before it gets too deep into summer.

I am really stoked on Ferndale. I am from Dearborn but live in Wyandotte right now. I took the girl out to the Emory on Woodward. It was a real nice/classy place, but all the wait staff had full sleeves showing. We knew it was the kind of vibe we wanted to be around. No judgmental bullshit.

right on dude, the emory is a cool joint..you should check out sneakers, down the street, comos has great pizza..1 eyed betty has a crazy beer selection..stay out of royal oak if your riding..cops are dicks there

Garyc42660
04-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Royal Oak bike night is a joke. I say we plan to get a little ride together down to someplace cool, like hitting - Forans Downtown or Nancy Whiskeys just north of Corktown sometime. Those places are real Detroit. If youve never checked out Nancy Whiskeys its a solid joint in the middle of the hood. Besides, getting a few bikes to pound down the South end of Woodward through the Ghetto is always a good time.

If we did it on a Saturday or Sunday we could also swing Jefferson up the coast to St Clair Shores and end up at Jacks- on the Water.

im with you BP on the royal oak thing, funny thing is that they promote a "bike night" but the cops then fuck with you...my friends and I were just at Nancy Whiskeys on sunday...went there and old miami and ended up at the stone house

milunchbox
04-17-2012, 9:54 PM
ro is for rich yuppies.... but i think we could all meet up on your side next...

OldSoulFabrication
04-20-2012, 4:32 PM
As I'm sitting here trying to get my bike all wired up I realized I have no.idea what I'm doing Haha. I was hoping they maybe somebody in Michigan would be willing to come by my place and give me a hand getting this thing running? I would definitely supply beer and would even be willing to throw some cash for the help. The bike is a 99 Sportster 1200. Just running the bare essentials. Any help would be awesome. This is my first build and wiring is definitely not my strong suit. Let me know if anyone.is interested in lending a hand. Thanks.

Garyc42660
04-20-2012, 4:57 PM
where you located

OldSoulFabrication
04-20-2012, 5:34 PM
I'm in westland.

Garyc42660
04-21-2012, 2:32 PM
I'm in westland.

what needs to be done? do you want to "chopper" wire it or go bac to moco wiring

OldSoulFabrication
04-21-2012, 3:38 PM
Ultimate goal would be to have as few wires as possible. At this point though I really just want to get the thing running. So whatever is the easiest option to get going is probably what i would go for.

clutchfluid
04-21-2012, 8:27 PM
oxford-holly and Waterford roads are very nice ,your rolling around the lakes and lots of hills. its also a short ride from most of metro Detroit. i live in north macomb county and i ride the water from chesterfield to Port Huron a lot. i love this ride. the bike night at Gibraltar in mount Clemens is a good time on Friday nights. Gibraltar also is the home of the bath city roller girls, they have a home bout on the 28th and usually have a home bout once a month. its an awesome time and the after party is cool. any way michigan have fun,ride hard and be cool...

Garyc42660
04-22-2012, 9:02 AM
Ultimate goal would be to have as few wires as possible. At this point though I really just want to get the thing running. So whatever is the easiest option to get going is probably what i would go for.
if you wanna chopper wire it, its pretty easy..i can do it or you can with this "kit" my friend used...i'll ask him where he got it from

OldSoulFabrication
04-22-2012, 10:36 AM
yeah man chopper wire is the way i want to go. headlight, tail light, and thats pretty much it other than the stuff required for it to run.. maybe a speedo also. havent decided if i want to keep it or not. if you would be willing to help me get it done i would greatly appreciate it.. its really the last big thing i have left to do before i can actually get out and ride. and im really wanting to get some miles on this thing this year.

Garyc42660
04-22-2012, 2:47 PM
yeah man chopper wire is the way i want to go. headlight, tail light, and thats pretty much it other than the stuff required for it to run.. maybe a speedo also. havent decided if i want to keep it or not. if you would be willing to help me get it done i would greatly appreciate it.. its really the last big thing i have left to do before i can actually get out and ride. and im really wanting to get some miles on this thing this year.

my schedulef or work is messed up this week...i work the night shift from 8pm to 8am and only day off i is friday, but im going to a event that night with my girl...i may be able to get to your place sunday....you have everything as far as tools I assume...as far as the wiring you have now, is it completly naked, did you pull the factory shit off or is it still on

OldSoulFabrication
04-22-2012, 3:07 PM
i have a pretty decent set of tools and definitely have all the wiring tools. the harness is about half way stripped down. if it would be easier for you then i can strip the whole harness down and have it off the bike by next weekend for sure. how long do you think it would take to rewire it completely? and is there anything that i should pick up to have ready? like i said i really have no idea what im doing so if you have time could you type up a list of the things i will need and i will make sure that i have them all by next weekend.

Garyc42660
04-23-2012, 8:24 AM
i have a pretty decent set of tools and definitely have all the wiring tools. the harness is about half way stripped down. if it would be easier for you then i can strip the whole harness down and have it off the bike by next weekend for sure. how long do you think it would take to rewire it completely? and is there anything that i should pick up to have ready? like i said i really have no idea what im doing so if you have time could you type up a list of the things i will need and i will make sure that i have them all by next weekend.
https://attachment.fbsbx.com/messaging_attachment.php?aid=23a526d9de444b611dacc 25da6d5246e&mid=id.202540339863805&uid=1428398349&accid=1428398349&ext=1335194514&hash=AQBHEEOeFrjm8l1fWXE57kPBEgFwI6hCNwWkUEhdxK0QX A

this is the wiring diagram i used...its frm my friends shop

OldSoulFabrication
04-23-2012, 8:30 AM
OK cool. Would it help if I got that printed off bigger on paper?

derekd403
04-24-2012, 9:15 AM
Ok so typical Michigan weather. A few days ago Saturday was supposed to be 56 and sunny, now it's forecasted at 45 and rain. Damn you Michigan!

lfdiaff
04-24-2012, 9:25 AM
New to the cult. But seen the anyone from michigan thread. I am about 20 min NE of lansing. Not riding yet but soon Bonnie is in parts.

livingdeadmc
04-24-2012, 9:35 AM
New to the cult. But seen the anyone from michigan thread. I am about 20 min NE of lansing. Not riding yet but soon Bonnie is in parts.

Welcome bro! Im in Lansing so not to far from ya! Good luck with your build!

milunchbox
04-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Anyone that's planning or just wants to know where I live toy hang out on saturday meggasge me. Will be working on my bike all day. Have plenty of beer and guns!!!!

SuperP
04-29-2012, 7:18 AM
Did you guys get together? How did it go?

milunchbox
04-29-2012, 4:09 PM
Did you guys get together? How did it go?

the 40* weather did us no justice nobody came out. i would like to get everyone together to hang though.

SuperP
04-29-2012, 4:14 PM
the 40* weather did us no justice nobody came out. i would like to get everyone together to hang though.

I thought it might. Let's keep this page going, better weather is getting more consistent.

livingdeadmc
04-29-2012, 5:23 PM
I was there but no one else was...ur house has the eagles in the front yard right??

Garyc42660
04-29-2012, 5:23 PM
I thought it might. Let's keep this page going, better weather is getting more consistent.
went to the blessing of the bikes then to port huron today

derekd403
04-29-2012, 6:12 PM
I was there but no one else was...ur house has the eagles in the front yard right??

Lol I went to Lansing for some errands and rode by that way but figured I'd try to call first and lunchbox said no body was there so I b-lined it for the homestead. But I still logged 75 miles yesterday and damn near froze my Wang off

d1long85
04-30-2012, 9:16 AM
Shit I have completely missed this conversation I am down to ride I am south of owosso about to perry 15 mins north east of lansing, We need to find a time and it seems with better weather and meet up fine a center point and point in a direction and follow the headlight to whereever it take us. also Ovid MI is having their blessing of the bikes SUN 5-6-12

SuperP
05-02-2012, 7:33 PM
I need a good welder in the Detroit area. Know anyone?

I got a Biltwell solo seat mount that needs mounting.

cros36
05-02-2012, 9:03 PM

my buddy in ypsi has a full setup. pm for info if your interested.

Jburl
05-03-2012, 9:54 AM
I might as well add my ass to this list. I'm in southern MI down by Coldwater. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what you guys come up with for some rides.

Take her sleazy

Josh

Garyc42660
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM

I have a friend that has a miller mig on 9 mile and ryan..i have a arc welder the i use all the time you can use if you would like

OldSoulFabrication
05-03-2012, 1:00 PM
Don't got anything at home. But I'm a fabricator at roush Ind. If you could get it up here on a Saturday I could weld it up for you. The building is in Allen park by the way.

SuperP
05-03-2012, 1:36 PM
I have a friend that has a miller mig on 9 mile and ryan..i have a arc welder the i use all the time you can use if you would like

I think I might need a TIG. At least that is what was used on the current bracket. I have MIGed it before and it broke off going down the road.

MadBohemian
05-03-2012, 1:42 PM
From Coopersville here ... that's halfway between Grand Rapids and Muskegon.
Miller0613, is that the BBB group from TCU that you're referring to? They're a pretty good group of guys. I should be up there this year...if my work schedule allows...
One of the best roads west of GR is taking Leonard out to Spring Lake. Nice long ride with lots of twisties with some rolling country side.

OldSoulFabrication
05-03-2012, 2:52 PM
I think I might need a TIG. At least that is what was used on the current bracket. I have MIGed it before and it broke off going down the road.

If you want it to be TIG let me know. If you can get it up to my work I would have no problem welding it up for you.

miller0613
05-03-2012, 3:38 PM
@MB I believe it might be I know they were a group off of TCU and they camp a couple miles from my house I am going to try to hook up with them this year for their ride. We should get together and ride one of these weekends. I only have my non chopper now as I am working on my xs650.

SuperP
05-03-2012, 5:39 PM
If you want it to be TIG let me know. If you can get it up to my work I would have no problem welding it up for you.

All I have is weekends off to do stuff, otherwise I have the Federal day off in a few weeks. Can you access your stuff on weekends?

OldSoulFabrication
05-03-2012, 6:30 PM
Yeah Saturday would be best for me. I work till 11am on Saturdays but if you could come up around 1130 or so we could get it mounted and ill weld it up for you.

SuperP
05-03-2012, 6:48 PM
Yeah Saturday would be best for me. I work till 11am on Saturdays but if you could come up around 1130 or so we could get it mounted and ill weld it up for you.

I will drop you a note. I have a noon appt this Sat, Mother's day next Sat, etc...

OldSoulFabrication
05-03-2012, 7:11 PM
sounds good to me. just let me know when works best for you. i can do it during the week if that works better. depending on my work schedule i get off between 3 and 5. i guess it just all depends on how soon you want it done.

johnniefingers
05-09-2012, 3:22 AM
im down in monroe if you still need a welder. i got a nice setup. if you still need help with the wirng let me know

OldSoulFabrication
05-09-2012, 3:30 AM
I got the wiring all figured out and the bike is running now. I'm not completely happy with how it turned out but I'm just happy to have the bike running. Ill probably run it as is for the sseason and then clean it up and do it right in the winter. I just want to get back on the road

johnniefingers
05-09-2012, 7:14 AM
understand that. if anybody in southeast mi wants to do some riding let me know. me and a few other guys around here are always down. or if anybody needs a hand

miller0613
05-14-2012, 3:21 PM
Blessing of the bikes this weekend in Baldwin I am prob headed out Sunday Morning from Muskegon

Garyc42660
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
anyone riding today in about a hour...im aroung sterling hts area..

ChetPunisher
05-18-2012, 3:24 PM
I'm in Holland, nothing to ride. Just checking in.

derekd403
05-19-2012, 8:54 AM
Ok so could you have possibly asked for a better day to ride than today?? I almost called off work bc it is too nice outside

schooter
05-24-2012, 9:11 PM
I live in Elkton, MI, near Bad Axe or caseville, it's in the tip of the thumb, 25 is about 10 miles from me if you're riding around the thumb text or call meh 9895514801... I've been to the Muskegon bike times twice with TCU http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61585&st=0

it's a fuggin blast...

schooter
05-24-2012, 9:15 PM
oh yeah, it's fuggin memorial day, anyone wanna ride or drink beer or wrench? me and my friend are working on his trump 650 this weekend or if you wanna ride hit me up

cros36
05-26-2012, 6:55 PM
im up and running!

doing a bunch of shake down runs in the ann arbor area nightly during the week. slowly branching out day by day. no major problems yet.

lets try and get another get together going again. weather is better now, and ill be there....even know im pretty lame.

derekd403
05-26-2012, 6:58 PM
im up and running!

doing a bunch of shake down runs in the ann arbor area nightly during the week. slowly branching out day by day. no major problems yet.

lets try and get another get together going again. weather is better now, and ill be there....even know im pretty lame.

Good stuff man! Where at in AA? You around campus area at all?

cros36
05-26-2012, 7:02 PM
Good stuff man! Where at in AA? You around campus area at all?

yeah, im about a mile outside of downtown. about 1.5 miles away from the stadium.

derekd403
05-26-2012, 7:11 PM
I work at the hospital, frequently ride my scoot to work and around town

cros36
05-27-2012, 8:20 PM
I work at the hospital, frequently ride my scoot to work and around town

when do you get out of work? im usually home around 630-7ish.

OldSoulFabrication
05-27-2012, 8:35 PM
Got my shit up and running now too. Down for a ride anytime. I work all week but I'm free on Saturdays and Sundays. Anybody wanting to get together for a ride or just hang.out and have a few beers let me know.

SuperP
06-01-2012, 4:10 PM
Is anyone interested in going to the Sins of Steel carshow in Davisburg tomorrow? It the rain holds off, I am going to ride up there around 2

livingdeadmc
06-01-2012, 8:31 PM
I'm off the next ten days with zero to do...any one wanna ride or drink or need a hand...hit me up!

livingdeadmc
06-01-2012, 8:43 PM
Also cros36 I've got a funny story that involves you...remind me to share it some time.

SuperP
06-02-2012, 5:30 AM
I'm off the next ten days with zero to do...any one wanna ride or drink or need a hand...hit me up!

Do you want to hit up the car and bike show over here?

cros36
06-02-2012, 9:54 AM
Also cros36 I've got a funny story that involves you...remind me to share it some time.

share away, very interested seeing how besides CC i dont know how we could be connected.

cros36
06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
goddamnit, i want to know the story, am i gonna be embarrassed? probably.

livingdeadmc
06-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Do you know a "Lisa"? (sorry I don't know her last name)

cros36
06-02-2012, 12:02 PM
its someone that i used to know....hah. let me guess, you fucked her?

livingdeadmc
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh god no!!!!!! I work with her lol

cros36
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
ahhhha. hopefully i didnt start some office drama. maybe shes changed....howd i come up?

livingdeadmc
06-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Somehow got on the subject of meeting dudes online lol...explaining CC to the chics at work...said there's a group of us from Michigan...she asked if there was any one on here from Ann arbor and I said yea this cros36 dude....then she goes CROSBY!? Small world

cros36
06-02-2012, 1:17 PM
yeah man, that a crazy small world.

livingdeadmc
06-02-2012, 6:11 PM
Do you want to hit up the car and bike show over here?

Shit dude musta' missed this man! Sorry ! You check it out tho?

SuperP
06-02-2012, 7:53 PM
Shit dude musta' missed this man! Sorry ! You check it out tho?

Yeah, I rode up there. Lots of rat rods, handful of old bikes,etc...I made it home right before it started raining. I had some electrical issues on the way home. Had to ride without my lights, no doubt assholes started pulling out in front of me. I needed you there to cover me!

livingdeadmc
06-02-2012, 9:29 PM
Yeah, I rode up there. Lots of rat rods, handful of old bikes,etc...I made it home right before it started raining. I had some electrical issues on the way home. Had to ride without my lights, no doubt assholes started pulling out in front of me. I needed you there to cover me!

Fuck man! Show sounded sweet...bummer for sure!

cros36
06-06-2012, 7:47 PM
so whats with this get together fuckers?

cros36
06-08-2012, 3:51 PM
allright ill get it started. its at livingdeads place sometime in the future

livingdeadmc
06-09-2012, 2:23 PM
allright ill get it started. its at livingdeads place sometime in the future

Pick a date and lemme know...my doors always open and I'm two miles from the highway...real easy to find. I'm good any weekend for the most part.

...you get your shit going? I just started another one.

cros36
06-09-2012, 2:34 PM
Pick a date and lemme know...my doors always open and I'm two miles from the highway...real easy to find. I'm good any weekend for the most part.

...you get your shit going? I just started another one.

yeah im good to go. every once in a while i dont get spark for some reason. it will go a day and ill get nothing. then i wont touch anything and it will start right up. pamcopete is sending me a new pamco just to rule that out. cant figure that shit out.

your starting a new xs?

livingdeadmc
06-09-2012, 3:44 PM
yeah im good to go. every once in a while i dont get spark for some reason. it will go a day and ill get nothing. then i wont touch anything and it will start right up. pamcopete is sending me a new pamco just to rule that out. cant figure that shit out.

your starting a new xs?

Huh? Weird...

Yea...I just posted a "build thread" in the jap section.

SuperP
06-09-2012, 7:21 PM
We need to get together..

But now I have another generator issue. Anyone know anything about gennies?

miller0613
07-15-2012, 7:07 PM
This weekend is Bike Time in Muskegon on the west side of the state. If anyone is headed this way shoot me a PM we can try and meet up.

2011FXDWG
07-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Never been to it, curious as to what it's like. Chrome barges mostly?? HOG party?

The OL wants to go float a river this weekend but I might head down to Muskegon Saturday morning if we don't. Maybe bring a tent and stay overnight.

miller0613
07-18-2012, 9:12 PM
Yeah lots baggers .... lots.... but there is a group of chopperheads that have come the last 4 years They have it organized on another forum and there are like 20 or so of them. I met them a little bit last year but will be meeting up with them this year. Unfortunately my bike is not done so I will be riding my stocker this weekend. Let me know if you head over

hillakilla
07-26-2012, 10:04 AM
this is super last minute, but does anybody in mid-michigan (lansing to be precise) have a trailer i can borrow or rent for the day? might be driving to Westland to pick up a goldwing with a sidecar for my brother. haha.

SSWolf18
08-15-2012, 8:03 PM
Anyone going to Relix Riot this weekend?
6865 west hickory road- Hickory Corners,MI there will be traditional rods,customs and a whole mess of chops. Live music fri-sat,Pin-up contest
Friday night Pre-party on site w/ Free camping,show saturday.

derekd403
08-15-2012, 8:09 PM
Also this weekend in Fowlerville is the Easyriders gathering if your into that thing. Although if anyone is going feel free to pm me, I live less than a half mile away

livingdeadmc
08-21-2012, 8:02 PM
So bummed I had to miss this? You go? Was it awesome?

derekd403
08-21-2012, 8:11 PM
So bummed I had to miss this? You go? Was it awesome?

Sleesyriders was a no go for me. Worked 5am-9pm Friday and Saturday, so was rather disappointed. I missed out seeing white trash tits and ass as well as beer drinking. Ruined y weekend. Always next year. No joke I just came across a ad on craigslist and thought you were selling your bike. At first glance I was like wtf.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj549/Derekd403/7BB7AAE9-F2D7-49B2-9755-466DC6EE6245-15340-00000BA6ADE7E775.jpg

livingdeadmc
09-29-2012, 8:18 AM
Anything happening this week/next weekend? I'm on bachlor status and looking to do some manly things...I'll be posted up in my garage working on some orders and new products if anyone wants a destenation to ride to.

doomcycle
10-03-2012, 6:29 AM
Anything happening this week/next weekend? I'm on bachlor status and looking to do some manly things...I'll be posted up in my garage working on some orders and new products if anyone wants a destenation to ride to.

There's a bike shop called Bubbas's Tri-City Cycle in Linwood which is having a swap meet this Sunday. Never been there, and they look to cater more towards baggers, but it's not too far so I'm thinking I'll check it out. Maybe something interesting will turn up.

standrew
10-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm in Kalamazoo. My club hosts events often. we take an annual trip to interlochen (open invite)

livingdeadmc
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
There's a bike shop called Bubbas's Tri-City Cycle in Linwood which is having a swap meet this Sunday. Never been there, and they look to cater more towards baggers, but it's not too far so I'm thinking I'll check it out. Maybe something interesting will turn up.

Hmmmm could be interesting. Even if its just for people people watching lol.

derekd403
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
People watching is the best! Michigan is full of interesting people

johnson27
10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm in Mason...
Don't have enough time to ride as much as I'd like....inherited a C50 Boulevard...just about finished putting it back together with the help of my 15 yr old. Changing it from a bagger/cruiser to more of a bobber/short chop.
I like to point and drink beer....and I learn quickly.

doomcycle
10-07-2012, 9:20 AM
Won't be making that swap meet today... screwed my neck up while filing and reshaping a stock hand control the other day. Getting old sucks!

Slayer63
10-19-2012, 2:46 PM
Anyone goin to the swap meet in Birch Run this weekend? It's usually full of rubs but there's a few gems there.

hunterman
10-19-2012, 6:33 PM
checking in. im in bay city. swap is this weekend. heard some dude from droit area going to be being a bunch of shov parts alot of nos stuff.

doomcycle
10-21-2012, 3:42 PM
Not too far from ya, Hunterman. I'm on the other side of Midland in Sanford. Chances are good we'll run into each other one of these days.

krowpickin
10-21-2012, 5:25 PM
you guys get to that swap meet? ill be at the one on the 18th of november in novi.

hunterman
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Not too far from ya, Hunterman. I'm on the other side of Midland in Sanford. Chances are good we'll run into each other one of these days.

i ride in that area alot. i'll see if i got a pic of the bike and post up. cant miss the damn thing. bright granny smith green with ape's.

i'll be at the swap the 18th in novi. that one is pretty good sometimes.

livingdeadmc
01-11-2013, 4:05 PM
Hey fuck sticks! there is going to be a gnarly swap meet here in lansing on January 27th....not really.... But if you enjoy over priced HD shit, making fun of people and drinking I'll be there... And when we're done well be going to my boys bars to get drunker....so roll out!

Slayer63
01-19-2013, 3:08 PM
Hey fuck sticks! there is going to be a gnarly swap meet here in lansing on January 27th....not really.... But if you enjoy over priced HD shit, making fun of people and drinking I'll be there... And when we're done well be going to my boys bars to get drunker....so roll out!

Ill probably head to that one. Need to talk to you about that seat. Got layed off after the holidays so I ran out of cashola.

Anyone going to the Birch Run show/swap today or tomorrow? Ill be there tomorrow morning.

livingdeadmc
01-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Ill probably head to that one. Need to talk to you about that seat. Got layed off after the holidays so I ran out of cashola.

Anyone going to the Birch Run show/swap today or tomorrow? Ill be there tomorrow morning.

Cool man shoot me a text or call if you decide to roll! 5179749135

totaldismay
01-26-2013, 8:44 AM
anyone hitting up the lansing swap meet tomorrow?

livingdeadmc
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Group of us are rolling...

totaldismay
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
cool. hopefully there are some good deals. i know ill be there tomorrow

derekd403
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
what has two thumbs and found some deals at the novi swap and will be at lansing.... this guy

derekd403
01-27-2013, 2:55 PM
For those of you who went to the swap, get anything good? I got 2 sets of grips and a helmet...

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj549/Derekd403/20EF5AA9-6908-4443-8034-C163A9A8CEB2-6794-000003B6F500819E.jpg

phartking
01-29-2013, 10:03 PM
i am from kalamazoo mi. if anything cool is going down feel to hit me up.

BrainBath
02-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Need a quality chrome plating shop for my sissy bar. Metro area.

krowpickin
03-04-2013, 3:46 PM
anyone going to autorama this weekend? ill be there hanging in the basement of course.

EricWoodward
03-05-2013, 3:03 PM
anyone going to autorama this weekend? ill be there hanging in the basement of course.

I'll be at Autorama, probably Saturday. There'e the usual Mobsteel/American Graffiti Tattoo party afterwards at the Hard Rock or some shit.

OldSoulFabrication
03-05-2013, 6:32 PM
Ill for sure be down there on saturday. If anybody wants pm me for my number and maybe we can meet up.

jpswino
03-05-2013, 8:54 PM
I'll be up for some riding this year if yall get some rides together as long as you are cool with a few cb750chops along for the trip. :killerjob:

The add-on event in Muskegon is the Backyard Bike Builders (BBB) Meet. I put this event together a number of years ago as a midwest meet for guys off hondachopper.com and thechopperunderground.com. We will be in our fifth year in 2013. Last year we had 63 people attend from ten or so states. I will post something here as we get closer. :clap for you:

I'm in Bay City but have no problem putting on a few miles to meet up with guys. There are a bunch of us in the Detroit area, Muskegon/Grand Rapids and up here in the Tri-cities. I can pass the word on to many of those guys as rides come up.

And if you are going to be in the Bay City area, want a free beer in a bike building shop and have some time to waste then let me know. Except for the real cold months, I'm in the shop whenever I am not at work or riding. :cheersmate:

Just send me an email so I can be around when you are but I will try and keep an eye on this thread as well. jpswino@aol.com

Slayer63
03-07-2013, 7:04 PM
free beer

Im down with that.

jpswino
03-07-2013, 8:31 PM
Hey Ben, How's it been?
I heard through the grapevine you got rid of the sebbenfitty chopper before it was done.
What are you riding now? Hopefully it is at the very least garage built?

krowpickin
03-09-2013, 5:03 PM
i guess i wont be making it to autorama tonight. ill be there from like 4 to 8 tomorrow with my ole lady. I'll be wearing a creature shirt with FTW and a eagle with a bucket on the back if anyone wants to chat. lol. :cheersmate:

Slayer63
03-10-2013, 2:05 PM
Hey Ben, How's it been?
I heard through the grapevine you got rid of the sebbenfitty chopper before it was done.
What are you riding now? Hopefully it is at the very least garage built?

I dont know where you heard that! Shes still sitting in the garage. In the move from my parents to here I stuck her in the side and havent gotten around to finishing it yet :( Im riding an intensely modified 1986 FXR. Im still hanging on to the long bike dream just have a bunch of shit on my plate right now.

Hows the CBX?

milunchbox
03-10-2013, 7:51 PM
im down to get some shit together this summer... its busy for me but i think we can find somewhere all to meet up... the BBB sounds good if everyone is down for that. it would be sweet to meet everyone from the area...

jpswino
03-10-2013, 8:28 PM
That's good to hear Ben! Let me know if I can be of any help. I'd at the very least like to get a ride in down your way and check it out as soon as the weather warms up a tad.

The CBX? The first version was great! I am on to the second one now. Check it out.

The first one done. Rode like a dream at 11 feet long.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/jpswino2/cbx/IMG00539.jpg

AND the second one that should be ready for paint in a week or two.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/jpswino2/The%20Trike/6F37B6F2-D967-44DD-99B2-E83E080F07C0-6085-00000AC3CF6A6B70_zps6afa2d31.jpg

BrainBath
03-17-2013, 6:45 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/3682525011.html

Just sayin.

krowpickin
03-20-2013, 5:50 PM
are you the one selling those bars? i was thinking about getting a set or two. Anyone hear or deal with ABATE? i know it might not be cool. but i was thinking about going to a meeting at walkers speakeasy to check it out next month.

SPIT
03-20-2013, 6:19 PM
Ive been to a few of the local area ABATE rides/events. Always had a good time and the people are all pretty cool that Ive met. Ive never been to an official meeting though....

milunchbox
03-21-2013, 3:36 PM
so when this weather breaks are we meeting up ever? i think we need to plan a michigan 33 meet up this summer.

derekd403
03-21-2013, 5:04 PM
I'm down.... Hopefully this 14 degree and snow bullshit will be over soon. Exactly one year ago, it was 86 today. Some bs! when is This BBB?

milunchbox
03-21-2013, 6:03 PM
july 17-21

2011FXDWG
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I'll be there. Hopefully my garage will be above freezing soon so I can start on my KZ chop. It's been waaayyy too cold this winter.

jpswino
03-22-2013, 12:31 PM
when is This BBB?

I will post a thread dedicated to the Backyard Bike Builders Meet (BBB) in April with all the info on the camping, program and plans. This way it doesn't clog up this thread nor will it be clogged up with other info from here.

:cheersmate:

Slayer63
03-22-2013, 3:37 PM
I'll definatly make it this year even if I have to ride the Mini Trail!!!

milunchbox
03-22-2013, 3:39 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully my garage will be above freezing soon so I can start on my KZ chop. It's been waaayyy too cold this winter.
get some heat in that thing!!!!!

BrainBath
03-23-2013, 9:05 PM
are you the one selling those bars? i was thinking about getting a set or two. Anyone hear or deal with ABATE? i know it might not be cool. but i was thinking about going to a meeting at walkers speakeasy to check it out next month.

No. I did go out there and pick up a couple tho. Mostly has 7/8ths. Has some Z bar'ish 1in and apes. Lots of different styles in 7/8 tho. I guess he bought 500 bars and has already sold 250-300. He even had some internal throttle 1in bars.

He has some apes with like loops in them, pretty trippy.

doomcycle
03-23-2013, 9:25 PM
I'll definitely be hitting up this one if my son isn't born that weekend. That would really piss my wife off.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9S8BkojqBgA/UU5xs5x6CWI/AAAAAAAAAis/Vl5IHnevSB8/s1600/APOC_flat_lowres2.jpg

milunchbox
03-24-2013, 8:53 AM
I'll definitely be hitting up this one if my son isn't born that weekend. That would really piss my wife off.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9S8BkojqBgA/UU5xs5x6CWI/AAAAAAAAAis/Vl5IHnevSB8/s1600/APOC_flat_lowres2.jpg

This looks fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2011FXDWG
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Hell yeah, I missed it last year.

livingdeadmc
03-24-2013, 9:10 PM
I'm having a little party at a rad little shit hole bar in town here May 10th if anyone is around.... I'll post a flyer when it's done with the info.

RexCharger
03-25-2013, 8:03 AM
... with cabin fever. wtf is with this weather? :kill:

allegedly 50s on friday, saturday, sunday down here (bridgman)

jb77
03-26-2013, 9:44 AM
Sturgis, MI checking in.... Charging the new battery as we speak.

milunchbox
03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
... with cabin fever. wtf is with this weather? :kill:

allegedly 50s on friday, saturday, sunday down here (bridgman)

Maple syrup festival is end of April if anyone wants to ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2