PDA

View Full Version : boyer power box

sshhelltown
03-31-2012, 4:41 PM
i'm working on a 1970 BSA B25 Starfire and my friend recommended a Boyer power box. looking at boyers web site i'm not sure what i need to look for.

starwolf
03-31-2012, 7:11 PM
You may want to reconsider your friendship. I'd steer clear of a Boyer, there are several other electronic ignition systems readily available that are by far better than a Boyer, such as Sparx, Trispark, and Pazon to name a few. One of these other Electronic Ignitions is going to be better , because they do not require as consistent of voltage as a Boyer.

Torch
03-31-2012, 8:23 PM
The Boyer power box is not he same thing as a Boyer ignition.

We use the Boyer power boxes all the time, they are a great product, but the Boyer power boxes come in two versions, both are "Battery Eliminators" but the "Boyer light delay-battery eliminator" is the coolest product in the world.
It is a "battery eliminator" and it sends all the power to the ignition during start up and only after there is an excess of power it automatically turns the lights on. so it works great for a no battery bike with an electronic ignition, we still prefer the Pazon for electronic ignitions, but the Boyer power boxes are a fantastic product!!