PDA

View Full Version : Amal needle valve

jubliee
03-28-2012, 6:34 AM
if fuel comes out around tickler while bike is idiling or running, and floods motor out, is there an adjustment, have cleaned screen and float has no holes. this is a single carb. thanks for any help

Trevor04
03-28-2012, 7:04 AM
i had a bad gas leak out the carbs and it was because the breather hole on my gas cap was plugged so when pressure built up it had to get out somehow, so i would check that first, then make sure your tickler is not getting stuck. i dont believe there is an adjustment, it sounds like something is just not working right. i would take your carb off make sure your float is working correctly. give everything a good cleaning.

jubliee
03-28-2012, 12:31 PM
thanks for advice, gas cap clear, going to recheck bowl, also i have an older carb, and will try to swap bowls and needle to see what happens, if not bobber will be for sale,

TRUMPNUT
03-28-2012, 5:02 PM
Do you have a insulator between the carb and manifold ? if not the fuel will over heat and expand thus leaking out the tickler . also sometimes you have to polish the seat with toothpaste to get the needle vavle to stop

Torch
03-28-2012, 8:14 PM
there is some issues with the alcohol in the gas we have today that fucks with the plastic float valve and other plastic parts in Amals, the alcohol makes things stick and hang up,
There is a new brass float valves with viton rubber tips and and the "stay up" floats available for Amal carbs, try the float valve first because they are cheap, if that doesn't work then buy a "Stay-up" float.

jubliee
03-29-2012, 6:34 AM
thanks,,,, there is an insulator in plaace, also currently is viton needle valve, so i took an old carb i had and swapped bowl, using old float and needle valve, changed bango and it dosent leak, it stats and ran, willl look it all later n more detail, and use new an old, will see what happens,,, what about using AV (airplane fuel) any body got thoughts? it has little or no ethanol..