PDA

View Full Version : D-Bags Say the Darndest Things

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ChoppyGee
12-09-2009, 9:25 PM
Ok a few days ago before this bitter cold hit and you could actually stand being outside I rolled the Bottomfeeder out of the garage because I thought i got some of the shit worked out and I wanted to kick on it a minute. As i was doing that a middle aged man in a pickup covered in "chrome" Harley stickers drove past, stopped, and reversed back to me and watched me for a moment and said. "why you even bothering with that ugly piece of shit? Looks like you got a nice one in there" I just told him I liked building them and making my own and he just kinda chuckled there. As i tried to figure out why my XS wouldn't turn over he seriously parked in the middle of the street watching me and laughing for a good ten minutes. saying things like. "fuck'n rice burners" and "Where's them rear shocks for that thing?" finally he just drove off after he figured out he wasn't going to get a rise out of me. This is just one of the many of these encounters i'm sure are yet to come with this bike in this area.

i was just wondering whats some of the most amusing comments/stories you guys have gotten about your scoots from people who don't quite appreciate these death traps we love some much?

beanhead78
12-09-2009, 9:33 PM
i always get " man i love those old bikes"
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/beanhead78/100_0419.jpg

ChoppyGee
12-09-2009, 9:35 PM
hahahh circa nineteen ninety something?

svwannabe
12-09-2009, 9:36 PM
My one conversation with a typical harley guy....
--Typical Harley guy "Hey check that out you have a hand shifter.............. where the hell is your clutch????"
Me "Right there where you would normally shift it"
--Typical Harley guy with utterly confused look on his face ".................................................. .............. why the hell would you do that????" more utter confusion look
Me " Cause its fun"
--Typical Harley guy " that thing looks dangerous as shit" walks away still looking confused

wickedblockhead
12-09-2009, 9:57 PM
i like yer scoot bean! i like "old" bikes too

L7Josh
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
harley guy with a puzzled look:"what kind of bike is that"
me: " its a 99 sportster chopper"
harley guy:" Really?"
me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"
harley guy:" wow thats cool!"

fun times

Sawbones
12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I have friends who ride dressers and billet barge couch-on-wheels baggers who call my bike a "tinkertoy" and a girl's bike and that sort of shit. I let it roll off my back 'cause they're my buds, but there are other dudes out there who think the same things.
For a lot of those guys, riding is either an expensive weekend or once-a-month hobby to alleviate their male menopause, or else they were badass when they were younger but can't ride hardtails now because they're too old.
I was on my Yamaha once and a total stranger riding by on a bicycle told me to "get a Harley." I was so confused I almost forgot to tell him to get fucked.

Nick
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
oh dude to many to state...I ride a rebel well not just the Rebel but thats my chop tho and mostly its justified but I get crazy stuff like that looks so good why would spend so much time on a rebel if you could make another bike look that cool...and the many typical racial jap slurs...

crownmotorz
12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
i was up at the local watering hole one time and i was about ready to leave and i saw two guys looking at my bike. so i thought what the fuck might as well join the conversation. (my bike is the one i purchased from rudehog, raw tank and fenders no front brake and a jockey shift.) When i walked up this is what i heard.

D-bag #1 said to D-bag #2: wow this is a nice bike but i still looks like he is working on it.
D-bag #2 to D-bag#1 : well why do you say that?
D-bag #1: well he has no clutch lever, no front brake and he hasn't even painted it. So he must have driven it up here in a truck to show it off..
At this time i have heard about enough and i walk over pick up my helmet that was right next to the bike and told the to D-bags to have a nice day and by the way i ride my shit often Bitch.

onigoroshi
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
my dad has a Yamaha rolling couch and gives me crap for owning a harley. so it does go both ways.

NaK
12-09-2009, 11:10 PM
After the cop pulled me over doing almost 90 at 3:00 am he asked how I could even trust that bike to go that fast. I told him I trusted it to 120. Complete lie since my 71 cb750 was no way going to hit 120.

RockinRyan
12-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Pulled into an outdoor mall once and parked near a pair of identical billet-barge "choppers". As I'm locking my bike up, one of the D-bags who rides them walks up and says something along the lines of "Don't bother. No one is going to steal a girls bike." I just shrugged and went about my business. Funny thing was that as I'm coming out I spotted some 12 year old kid steal one of their Nazi pudding bowl helmets. I wish I had stuck around to see the D-bag's reaction.

Pantsbeer
12-10-2009, 2:40 AM
had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"

fun times

Hahahahahahaha thats funny shit. Fuck people. I ride a sporty and get people telling me I ride a girls bike all day long. A guy I know who has a pan thats not to bad looking was giving me shit about riding what he called a piglet so I told him thats cool cause my girl bikes gonna pass you. He told me at his age he's not about going fast but looking cool, so I said what about when I'm done with my bike and it's faster and looks cooler. I didnt get an answer from him.

mcdowell72
12-10-2009, 8:52 AM
i always get " man i love those old bikes"
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/beanhead78/100_0419.jpg

not to thread-jack but what hardtail is that beanhead?

CHEN
12-10-2009, 9:07 AM
It's a dumb story, but this one time I was stopped at a traffic light and I hear these two dudes in a pickup truck next to me talkin about my bike (cb750) and the guy in the passenger seat says to his buddy "damn....how old do ya think that thing is?" The driver says "thats one of them panheads from the sixties"

i chuckled hehe

Despite the d-bags that say something dumb, I've been fortunate enough to meet a bunch of cool dudes that know exactly what they're talkin about. like when someone says "Nice chop....sohc cb750 right?"...that puts a smile on my face :)

jason43
12-10-2009, 9:35 AM
I get it two ways, either people as questions like "how do you ride that", "What kind of bike is that", "how far can you ride that" or I get old guys who tell me about the bike they had that looked like it when they got back from Nam (which lead to awesome conversations about bikes and old times).

I've never had anyone give me shit about it being a Sportster, but then again, I get a lot of "What kind of bike is that?" even from the Harley crowd.

My buddy has an XS 650 Chop that gets more attention from people when we ride together than my Harley. Most people don't really know what to think of them because there arent too many like them in our area.

I have another one of those "old bikes"

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/1000/479/1664.jpg

nico
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Not about bikes but...

Here in belgium, american cars were often seen till the mid-seventies.
After the fuelcrisis almost all of them disappeared.
Ten years back i found a '74 four-door pontiac lemans heap of junk, and the reactions i got on that car are all in the line of this thread.
From 'i had a cadillac just like that' to 'i love the sound of that big V8' (when it actually was an in-line six). Even heard 'is that a pontiac camaro?'...

ditto
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
and why the fuck do they feel they HAVE to say something at the gas pump? All I want to do at a gas station is fill the fuck up and be pissed about gas prices

I can see as Im pullin into the station their just dyin for ya to cut the motor so they can start yappin "oh my blah blah had one of those old blah blah blah Awesome that your still riding your blah blah what year is that one man?

uh, its a 2007

silence.................

Thanks for playing 'Im a douchbag' see ya real soon!

EricBarnett
12-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I pulled into an auto parts store one day on a friend of mine's bike. It's a big old long Redneck Engineering thing, probably 12 feet long. This guy jumps out of his truck and says, "that' nice, is that one of them bobbers?" I said, uh, yeah I think so.

ChoppyGee
12-10-2009, 2:24 PM
oh oh oh! I just remembered one! IT was a week or two after of bought my 2009 Iron 883 off the show room floor.I pull into the gas station on a BRAND NEW BONE STOCK bike. and some guy walks around from the other side of the pump stares at my Iron a minute and then says "Man I love these old bikes, How much did it cost to restore it?" I laughed my ass of and said "haha old? its fresh from Milwaulkee!" and started up the "Old" Electronic fuel pump for my "OLD" EFI and tore out of there.

Sawbones
12-10-2009, 2:59 PM
Well I guess you can't blame him, the technology is from 1922.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

AngryCracker
12-10-2009, 5:54 PM
My personal favorite encounter was:

I was out for a putt in between getting stuff done around the house. It was a "go out and blow off some steam" type ride. I get only a few blocks from my house and this guy pulls up on this bone stock nightster. Not that there is anything wrong with that, except for the fact that the guy was a total fuck tard and looked like a total fuck tard. Well, he pulls up next to me revving the shit out of his quiet stock pipes and says to me "man that fucking thing is dirty" with a major derogatory tone and a d-bag better than me look on his face. So I looked him in the eyes and said "man that fucking thing is stock". He got pissed and tried to race me on the green light, but I wasted his ass. I wish I could have watched him get smaller in my mirrors, but my dirty piece of shit don't have any.

SportsterMike
12-10-2009, 6:38 PM
i get the usual d-bag comments about sportsters but then quickly respond with the itll blow the bags off yours, etc...they shut up after that. lately getting really sick of the sportster comments dunno why. at first it didnt bother me and i just let it roll off, guess the more i tinker with it the more i like it.

like the guy on the hardtail sporty i get the "whoa i really like the old bikes, what year is that?" i have a 2008 sportster/nightster.........................just shake my head "its an 08"

a lady at work saw my bike while me and some friends were smoking around it just BSing she walks up "what brand bike is that?" (she calls her self a "biker" or whatever). "ummm its a harley" i say. "really? wow never seen a harley like that before, its really sporty" we all burst in to laughter

beanhead78
12-10-2009, 7:03 PM
not to thread-jack but what hardtail is that beanhead?

a guy here in flint did it for me. im not going to recomend him to anyone though. quality is great but hes one of those guys that you have to threatin his life to finish your shit.

beanhead78
12-10-2009, 7:19 PM
hahahh circa nineteen ninety something?

its a 92 and when i tell them that i usually get "oh its still pretty bad " or something along those lines, oh and ive also heard "my dad had one like that back in the 70s" so who was your dad marty mcfly?

jonnyrtn
12-10-2009, 8:24 PM
Most people around here know me or my Sporty...... They stopped talking crap a while ago about that bike..... then I came home with an Indian Scout with a 88 S&S.... played around with it.... they dont talk shit about that one either.... then I put together the 71 Shovel, no one has ever talked shit about that old pile, I named her the Shitty Shovel and when all the guys who want to race their old shovels, speed shift their old 4 speed trannys and try to be awsome cool guys on an old bike..... I putt on by at 60 mph and the Shitty Shovel gets me home ... usually after they break something.... You better know how to work on these things fellas, or have a whole lot of money.... or buy a new Triumph (I like those things). Learn the history, learn how to wrench on your junk, and then no one can talk shit.

WallyB
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
its a 92 and when i tell them that i usually get "oh its still pretty bad " or something along those lines, oh and ive also heard "my dad had one like that back in the 70s" so who was your dad marty mcfly?

HAHAHA priceless

worthydawg
12-11-2009, 6:21 AM
.. From the non-ridin' crowd I get the "what kind of bike is that", "really?, what year?" My programmed response for the "girls bike" comments from "real bikers" is "hey, is that a softail, my grandma rides a softail too..."

motoguru
12-11-2009, 7:04 AM
I constantly get the "what year is that thing?", "i had a (insert year here) bonneville!", and "i love those old triumphs".

It's a '99.

Pantsbeer
12-11-2009, 10:15 PM
.. My programmed response for the "girls bike" comments from "real bikers" is "hey, is that a softail, my grandma rides a softail too..."

Hahaha I like that one I'll have to remember that. My buddy rides a vespa and rides in a scooter club ( I like to make fun of him for it especially cause he hates choppers/bobbers even though a few years ago he rocked wcc stickers on his cars and even in the window of his house). Anyway he was riding his vespa that he bored out the engine on and was actually pretty fast and he stopped at a light, a weekend warrior type pulled up nbext to him on his bagger looked at him and said " nice fag bike" he looked at the guy and said "it would be nice if I got off this fag bike and kicked your ass" he said the guy looked away real quick and didnt say anything.

billdozer
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
My current bikes aren't that old but I still get asked "What year is that?" I usually just say "Which part?"

Magickman
12-12-2009, 1:10 AM
I thought it was pretty funny when the parts manager of the local harley shop thought my bike was an iron head (it's an '03) because of the chopped cam cover...

dalebfast
12-12-2009, 8:37 AM
What year is that?

It's registered as a '72.

Is that a Harley?

Well, yeah.

Is it a shovelhead?

No, it's an Ironhead.

Never heard of them.

(hurry up gas pump!)

xllance
12-12-2009, 8:55 AM
Guy I work with rides a new Dyna, he's got all the Live to ride crap all over it (his first bike as far as I know), any way he looks at my dual Mikunis sticking way out where my right knee is supposed to be and asks if the carbs ever get in the way. Of course they do but it's ok I tell him, then he says " Do they ever burn your leg?" I thought every male person at least had a basic understanding of crap like that!

Halwade
12-12-2009, 9:21 AM
OK, I'll join the fun…

A friend and photographer is shooting my '99 Smokin' Gun Sporty in front of a bar in Lake Elsinore while the barmaid is climbing around for his camera. A thirsty 20-something local with hats, tats and muttonchops comes outside with his beer to watch the fun.

"Is that a '49? I love those old Harleys…"

84shovel
12-12-2009, 6:27 PM
D-Bags make comments cause our bikes steal the attention they think their $30,000 disco balls deserve.......that shit makes me grin!

hrv03
12-13-2009, 3:33 PM
I have a 2000 Yamaha V-star. Pretty close to stock, a few minor changes that completely changed its look. apes, 2-1 exhaust, lowered rear, currently flat black as I cant decide what to paint it - nothing to post up on here about really. I have a couple of friends that own Harleys. Last year I went to the Black Hills Harley Davidson Spring Opening Party with my buddy who bought his street bob there. One of the salesman walks out when he sees a group of people around my bike.

Salesman - Thats a pretty nice Fatboy ya got there, son.....

Me - Thanks (I t gets called a Fatboy a lot - I got tired of arguing a long time ago)

Salesman - Some pretty hardcore mods you got there....

Me - Yeah, its pretty intense.

Salesman - What year is it?

Me - Why dont you take a look at the left side of the rear wheel and tell me?

Salesman - Is that a driveshaft?

Me - Sure is.

Salesman - why would you mod your Fatboy to a driveshaft? It get better mileage that way?

Me - *Sigh*

Magickman
12-13-2009, 5:39 PM
I have a 2000 Yamaha V-star. Pretty close to stock, a few minor changes that completely changed its look. apes, 2-1 exhaust, lowered rear, currently flat black as I cant decide what to paint it - nothing to post up on here about really. I have a couple of friends that own Harleys. Last year I went to the Black Hills Harley Davidson Spring Opening Party with my buddy who bought his street bob there. One of the salesman walks out when he sees a group of people around my bike.

Salesman - Thats a pretty nice Fatboy ya got there, son.....

Me - Thanks (I t gets called a Fatboy a lot - I got tired of arguing a long time ago)

Salesman - Some pretty hardcore mods you got there....

Me - Yeah, its pretty intense.

Salesman - What year is it?

Me - Why dont you take a look at the left side of the rear wheel and tell me?

Salesman - Is that a driveshaft?

Me - Sure is.

Salesman - why would you mod your Fatboy to a driveshaft? It get better mileage that way?

Me - *Sigh*

You win...ROFL

kromsucks
12-13-2009, 5:42 PM
thats fucking sad

Darren
12-13-2009, 6:12 PM
Thats the problem these days, even the shitheads that work at the dealerships dont even know what their lookin at.

dannyb
12-13-2009, 6:48 PM
I ride a slightly moded 2001 triumph bonneville america. Not a regular "flatseater" bonneville which to the unfamiliar could (i suppose) be mistaken for a 60-70's bike. Mine is the America, a cruiser which has a very "american" looking chasis with solo saddle and pillion pad.

Numerous times each year i hear "What year is that" and "I used to have a bike exactly like that back in 74"

How anyone ESPECIALLY a guy who says "i used to have one just like that in '74" mistake a triumph america for a classic bonneville is beyond me. Happens all the time though.

onigoroshi
12-13-2009, 7:51 PM
How anyone ESPECIALLY a guy who says "i used to have one just like that in '74" mistake a triumph america for a classic bonneville is beyond me. Happens all the time though.

one can kill a lot of brain cells in 35 years

Sawbones
12-13-2009, 9:53 PM
I was on a forum like this once where a dude built himself a totally rad custom Honda chopper and he decided to paint a graffiti artist's stencil on the gas tank. Then some d-bag came along and told him the design was "played-out shit."

shop102
12-13-2009, 9:55 PM
that guy IS a fuck bag o douche saw.

BIGJ
12-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I got one four or five years ago. I was taking my bike to a Harley dealer fopr tires and the "new" guy in service
said this thing is heavy for a sportster. I ride an FXR

ChoppyGee
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
that guy IS a fuck bag o douche saw.
total Douche wagon

shop102
12-13-2009, 10:20 PM
total Douche wagon

HA!!!! douche wagon.....how about douche canoe

ChoppyGee
12-13-2009, 10:23 PM
you know thats a fair amount of douche when you need Canoe to get around!

Sawbones
12-13-2009, 10:52 PM
I was always partial to douche lord. That or douche socket.

wickedblockhead
12-13-2009, 10:59 PM
this thread makes me feel dirty.

ChoppyGee
12-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Douche Wizard has always been my go-to douche phrase for when things get douchey.

Sawbones
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh man, douche wizard...lol. I may have to kype that.

onigoroshi
12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh man, douche wizard...lol. I may have to kype that.

someone better airbrush it onto a tank fast otherwise it will be everywhere.

Sawbones
12-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Too late dude, I've already got plans in the works for a new line of spring fashions marketed towards 14-year-old girls. By this time next year Douche Wizard will be on everything. We're working on getting a tie-in for the next Twilight movie.

Kuda
12-14-2009, 6:04 AM
Not to deflect the current douche-centric topic, but here's my humble contribution from a different perspective:

Couple years ago I was in south east Texas on the pan, gassin' up in a little hole in the wall one pump, only regular gas kinda place. Two guys roll up with thier old ladies (one was pretty hot, actually) and about ten tons of crap strapped to thier brand new Ultras with all the chrome, flames and live to ride stuff. They were polite enough, looked the pan over, said it was "nice" but they preferred to ride thier bikes. Real bikers take looong trips, like all the way from Houston to Austin (what, like maybe 4 hours? tops). I just smiled, didn't say anything. They keep going about how having an old toy for going bar to bar might be nice one day, but for now they'd rather ride the long trips. Again, I didn't say anything. Then one of the girls (the hot one, coincidently) walks around the back of the pan and says..."uh...honey, come here." So dude #2 walks around back and says "Huh. Uh...Fred, this guy's from Maryland." "Bullshit!" says dude #1, "really?" "Yup," says I, "rode down to Houston for a wedding, heading back now, day and half each way." They just looked at me for a minute, then shook their heads and said "sheeeeeeeeeet. That's nuts" and walked away. Made me chuckle...

-Kuda
'49 panchop

bhead1968
12-14-2009, 8:33 AM
Damn.. going back to what Choppy stated.. where i live, you'd NEVER stop in front of a house with a dude working on his bike and call it a "piece of shit"; that's just dumb.

anyway, i never get responses like the one above, i get a lot of the older guys coming by checking my '66 trump. Must say its nice to hear them talk about it, like remembering an old girlfriend.

on to the douches, only thing I got to say is when i tell them I built the bike myself they're amazed, probably because they don't even know how to change the oil, and their blinker fluid ;-)...

ride safe

revmike
12-14-2009, 9:50 AM
TO be a douche bag, you must have two qualifications:

1) You give people, usually strangers, your opion about their bike, without their having asked you, and

2) You believe they actually give a shit about your opinion.

~Rev Mike

revmike
12-14-2009, 9:59 AM
My buddy had this lust affair going with a certain top end late model mercedes. His boss one day drives up in the EXACT model. Except for some reason he had chosen Baby Shit Green as the color. My buddy wanted to talk to him about it, but all he could think to say was:

"Nice car, boss, but that is the ugliest color you could get it in"

To which he classically retorted:

"Oh yeah, and what color is yours?" End of conversation....

When the Douche Bags bother you, just tell them,

"Man, I wanted a cool chrome barge like yours, but I couldn't afford the mortgage payment, so I was forced to build my own".

wickedblockhead
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
"Man, I wanted a cool chrome barge like yours, but I couldn't afford the mortgage payment, so I was forced to build my own".

i couldn't have said it better myself.

REV
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
oh oh oh! I just remembered one! IT was a week or two after of bought my 2009 Iron 883 off the show room floor.I pull into the gas station on a BRAND NEW BONE STOCK bike. and some guy walks around from the other side of the pump stares at my Iron a minute and then says "Man I love these old bikes, How much did it cost to restore it?" I laughed my ass of and said "haha old? its fresh from Milwaulkee!" and started up the "Old" Electronic fuel pump for my "OLD" EFI and tore out of there.

funny you mention that. been pulled once because the cop thought i had a stolen plate from a new bike. theres been a lot of that going on with mine, and with the mods ive done (and since i dont wash it) it does look a little old. someone asked me one day if it was a bobber, told him nope, its a take-offer. love my iron.

10watt
12-14-2009, 2:11 PM
Not to deflect the current douche-centric topic, but here's my humble contribution from a different perspective:

Couple years ago I was in south east Texas on the pan, gassin' up in a little hole in the wall one pump, only regular gas kinda place. Two guys roll up with thier old ladies (one was pretty hot, actually) and about ten tons of crap strapped to thier brand new Ultras with all the chrome, flames and live to ride stuff. They were polite enough, looked the pan over, said it was "nice" but they preferred to ride thier bikes. Real bikers take looong trips, like all the way from Houston to Austin (what, like maybe 4 hours? tops). I just smiled, didn't say anything. They keep going about how having an old toy for going bar to bar might be nice one day, but for now they'd rather ride the long trips. Again, I didn't say anything. Then one of the girls (the hot one, coincidently) walks around the back of the pan and says..."uh...honey, come here." So dude #2 walks around back and says "Huh. Uh...Fred, this guy's from Maryland." "Bullshit!" says dude #1, "really?" "Yup," says I, "rode down to Houston for a wedding, heading back now, day and half each way." They just looked at me for a minute, then shook their heads and said "sheeeeeeeeeet. That's nuts" and walked away. Made me chuckle...

-Kuda
'49 panchop

That's a great one.
I love when chicks call their D-Bag boyfriends out like that... it makes the chick even hotter too. But then you wonder what her problem is that she's with that guy.

JoeNots
12-14-2009, 6:04 PM
my good bagger riding friend that thinks he knows everything about bikes likes to point out sporty's to me & say "why don't you get a dyna or fxr like that & sell you lil girls bike?" i ride an 02 sporty. i point out the ride side drive & ask what year did they start doing that on the dyna's? he's really the only person to ever talk shit.

CustomDestruction
02-24-2010, 9:45 PM
We've got an ongoing joke here in NC. Guys always come up and look out ours bikes and ask "(typical redneck accent) what years that som' bitch?" its an evo by the by... we usually make up some year and they go on to tell us they one they had just like it in the 70's... and then question the whole jockey shift...

anyway a bike of mine has no rear fender,kick start, stiff ass girder, dirtbike tire, and the last thing added was a jockeyshift. I pulled up to your typical bike night, a guy walks up, looks over my bike, then proceed to tell me how dangerous it is.
D-Bag: "What is that?"
Me: " Well its a bobb...well a choppe... i guess its a digg... its just something thrown together!"
D-Bag: "Where's your Clutch...?"
Me: "Well im gonna get rolling... later"

CustomDestruction
02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Douche Wizard has always been my go-to douche phrase for when things get douchey.

Douche Canoe is a good one too

reverendpk9
02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Why does the bag get a bad rap? It's just holding the refreshing goodness. Now the bag's nozzel that's a dirty fucker who's been in the shit.

WallyB
02-25-2010, 1:31 AM
Why does the bag get a bad rap? It's just holding the refreshing goodness. Now the bag's nozzel that's a dirty fucker who's been in the shit.

Not shit per se but more like an unwashed coochie that will be a delicious smelling vagina after the douche does its job =)

philbey
02-25-2010, 6:04 AM
jeebers there's some dopey bastards out there.

TatdGasser
02-25-2010, 6:39 AM
Jeez, I ride a freaking Shadow and I've gotten nothing but praise from Harley owners. Well that's probably because they are real bikers and appreciate pretty much everything.

My buddy got laughed at on his old Yamaha. That guy could ride circles around any one of those guys. He even had to ride in the winter a lot because he didn't have a car.

jwhite
02-25-2010, 6:49 AM
My favorite has still been:

"It's cool for what it is."

ironhead303
02-25-2010, 9:01 AM
I alway get, that hardtail is gonna make you piss blood, why don't you get a real seat for that bike.

freewheelin
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Both times a cager took me out on my bike the first helping hand stops feels the need to tell me how nice my in shambles bike was. I appreciate the incentive but I'd rather have broken a rib then seen that freshly painted tank go.

Punkskalar
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I ride the XS650 in my avatar.

"Man, I used to ride a Panhead just like that in the 50's" was honestly said to me at a gas station near the Chesapeake Bay...

"Dude, thats a sweet ass sportster" happens about 1 in 5 times I go out.

My seat is 6" wide at best, with .5" hard foam padding, once had guy in TN say "Man, that thing is sweet, but you'll never get out of the city limits with a seat like that" I was 400 miles from home...

Being a Rigid, and Foot Clutch with a Hand Shift really throw em off, like Im from another planet or something....

TuffLuckTom
02-25-2010, 2:13 PM
Once when I first got the Hussy. About the second month I had it. 3 layers of chipped paint and chrome peeling off the springer, and lame ass foam hand grips. I was broke as a joke (well nothin changes). I run out one night to one of the local dive bars (pub 33 in Lewiston Crom) for a cold one. I park up on the curb cause most guys seem to get away with it. Theres some guy out by the door starts talking to me about it telling me how cool and nice my Shovel it (Its an ironhead). He was nice enough. A couple beers into the night some one comes in and asks me if its my bike? Yeah I say wondering were the hell this is gonna go. "Well the cops just stopped and said if its not in a real spot off the side walk they are gonna call a tow truck." So I empty my cup and walk out side to move the bike. The guy that was talking to me when I pulled up is outside again with his old hag. She asks me "what type of bike is that?" "Its a harley" I say. To which she replys "that ain't no Harley." "The fuck it isnt!" I say. So she goes on to say that she has seen alot of Harleys and my bike is no Harley. She and her man start arguing about it. I didnt really have all that much to say to this twat. After getting really pissed off and kicking 10 times with the gas off. I flipped the gas on kicked once more. The straight pipes barked I rolled off the curb and backed into a spot pretty close to where I was. All she had to say was "Wow I guess that is a Harley it sounds like one!" "I told you it was a fucking Harley" And I finished my night drinking cold beer being left alone. Some folks wouldnt know a bag of rocks if it hit them in the head.
And lets not forget all the Jesse James Occ comments I got in traffic back in the early-mid 2000s...

LDNCLR
02-25-2010, 7:18 PM
I dont post much but i have to jump in on this one...

I rode into Austin with a few buds a couple of years ago. With the bikes backed up to the curb, 2 old guys walk out of the bar and stop at my bike. I looked up and it went like this

old man: Shovelhead?
me : yes sir...
Old man: I used to have one of those...
(I began thinking I was gonna get one of those real interesting old timer stories.)
Me: Oh yeah???
Old man: Biggest piece of shit I ever owned...

His buddy laughed and they walked off

Oh yeah, and I like to ask the guys with the silver and black anniversary paint " hey, what year is that?" their eyes always light up until they catch the smirk on my face.
just a dick i guess...

billyd
02-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I had just finished my 78 CB750 cafe racer and was sorting out some elctrical demons created by one of the POs on the side of the road. As I was fiddling with the fuses, this toothless old fuck rolls down the window of his POS pickup and yells across the street, "I've got a Harley for sale!" then lets out this creepy ass fluid filled lung chuckle. I slowly turn towards him and say no thanks I've already got two in my garage. He promptly shut the fuck up and rolled up his window as I kicked the CB back to life and the I-4 howled through the Bassani open megaphone 4-into-1. Priceless!

1dreamer
02-26-2010, 3:47 AM
that fucking kicked ass.

-Kuda
'49 panchop

PoorBastard
02-27-2010, 1:37 AM
Where I park my bike at work, there is a whole row of live-to-ride bikes in one spot. I was re-installing my rear wheel (on my 79XS) one night when these two rednecks saunter up to a brand new flat black (ugh) Street Glide. They don't say a word to me, but go on for ten minutes extolling the virtues of this magnificent steel beast. Here are a few excerpts from their conversation...

-Owner: Jerst got it. Its got the CD player and the volume goes up and down depending on the speed.
-Redneck#2: That so cool!

-Redneck #2: What is that 4 cylinders?

-Redneck #2: "Man, this is like set up for racin'!" (it's bone stock)

-Owner: Yea, they call this the "black denim" paint.

Generally, I just get a lot of "what kind of bike is that?" But in a friendly way. Although, one guy was like "You know the Japanese stole that design from the British right?" (like really accusatory towards me) Uh, yea, I guess dude...

jason43
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
D-bags also build the damndest things... observe.

The worlds first bagger with a 30' wheel (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORLDS-FIRST-30-WHEEL-CUSTOM-BAGGER-BALLISTIC-CYCLES_W0QQitemZ180474003418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ motorcycles?hash=item2a0516bfda#v4-28)

So badass, it'll knock your tribal armband off.

kromsucks
03-02-2010, 1:12 PM
hahahaha dbags do say the darnest things

redsox716
03-02-2010, 5:19 PM
I love this thread! I've just gotta share my own story....

A few years ago I pulled up to a classic car show in MA with a few buddies. We were riding a few Ducati's and an Aprilia. As soon as we put our kickstands down we see this redneck lookin' guy come RUNNING over to us. Before he even reaches us he yells "YOU COULDN'T PAY ME TO RIDE A JAPANESE MOTORCYCLE!" My friend just calmly says "That's cool, of course these aren't japanese." Redneck guy looks at us like we just turned the world upside down and stammers "Bu..bu..bu..but that DOO-COT-EE ain't Jap?" My friend says "No it's Italian", this is where my third buddy chimes in "Yea but they were part of the axis of evil! (WWII)" Redneck guy totally doesnt get the joke, looks at us like we are crazy and says "well it still ain't 'MERICAN" and walks back to his fried dough stand.

earz
03-02-2010, 5:48 PM

The worlds first bagger with a 30' wheel (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORLDS-FIRST-30-WHEEL-CUSTOM-BAGGER-BALLISTIC-CYCLES_W0QQitemZ180474003418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ motorcycles?hash=item2a0516bfda#v4-28)

Where the fuck do you find a 30" tire? I'd rock it on my big wheel. Pedal power FTW.

dalebfast
03-02-2010, 6:16 PM
From the front that 30" wheel makes it look like a bird. Maybe a Teradactyl, which is a dinosaur...
whatever...

MadRiverMoCo
03-02-2010, 6:59 PM
This one might get me in trouble, but, there was that one guy on the Gypsy Run who didn't care too much for the ol' half finished project

That's all I know. It's hard to look at

I think I took that quite nicely. The old xenia as the ionians would say...

cheapchop
03-02-2010, 8:00 PM
Here is my last bike. An '03 750 Shadow ACE. I was getting "nice Harley" about 5 times a week. I started replying " thanks, it took a lot of work to get the radiator on it".
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Zooker89/ZookersNew2-1.jpg

greenlight23
03-02-2010, 9:15 PM
this stuff is the best D-Bags say some dumb shit and give some dumb ass looks

DirtBagRob
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Here is my last bike. An '03 750 Shadow ACE. I was getting "nice Harley" about 5 times a week. I started replying " thanks, it took a lot of work to get the radiator on it".

Ya, people always tell me that they "like my Nightrain" (I have a Honda VTX1300).
I don't really know Harley models that well so I googled it the first time someone said it, and ya, if a person didn't know anything about motorcycles, I can see how they look similar. Cheapchop, I'm going to have to start using your radiator line. HAHA.

justinspace
03-03-2010, 3:00 PM
i have a xs650
ive gotten, nice triumph and nice bsa. those are understandable
once i got , is tha an indian? ummm???
had some guy at the pump come over all smiles and be hey is that a triumph, no its a yamaha. smiles gone and walks off dissapointed.
driving along and some 20 somthing riding bitch in his girls 4x4 "get a harley"
stop at the next light pulled up next to him. i says," get a yamaha"
he laffs a sarcastic laff, we pull off. i creep up next to him and put my hand on his door wile driving and he says"you know i was just messing with you right??
douche kids..

Psychophilly666
03-03-2010, 4:16 PM
Ive got an 81' Yamaha XS850 with god damn THREE cylinders and i get nice Harley sometimes.

framus
03-03-2010, 4:45 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

After all 9 pages, I'm dying over here. This is epic.

ChoppyGee
03-03-2010, 5:20 PM
The other day I was filling up my 2009 sportster Iron and a guy on a Softail came over and said "bitchen bike did you find that old Panhead as a whole or did you piece it together?" Then I said " bought it ready to go fuel injection and all" he thought that was a good deal.

JeffFreeze
03-03-2010, 5:37 PM
as i pulled into the race track last year

"hey man thats a nice bike, panhead?"
"thanks man actually its a triumph not a harley"
"i know that...but what kind...shovelhead? panhead? knucklehead?"
"no none of the above man its a triumph....british bike"
"hmmmm" he says not believing me, walks away like i just straight face lied to him

svwannabe
03-03-2010, 5:39 PM
i love this thread! I've just gotta share my own story....

A few years ago i pulled up to a classic car show in ma with a few buddies. We were riding a few ducati's and an aprilia. As soon as we put our kickstands down we see this redneck lookin' guy come running over to us. Before he even reaches us he yells "you couldn't pay me to ride a japanese motorcycle!" my friend just calmly says "that's cool, of course these aren't japanese." redneck guy looks at us like we just turned the world upside down and stammers "bu..bu..bu..but that doo-cot-ee ain't jap?" my friend says "no it's italian", this is where my third buddy chimes in "yea but they were part of the axis of evil! (wwii)" redneck guy totally doesnt get the joke, looks at us like we are crazy and says "well it still ain't 'merican" and walks back to his fried dough stand.

they took our jobssss

chopped850
03-03-2010, 5:45 PM
2 day's ago I was riding my pan home from AAA and the fucking toolbox bracket broke off and the box left my bike. Some D-bag pulled next to me as I'm rolling and told me my OIL bag fell off. I looked between my legs and gave him a thumbs up! Found out when I got home it was the toolbox. Went back to the same area to recover it and it was smashed into a pancake. Oh well it just shows that people don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

turtle
03-03-2010, 6:21 PM
I enjoy people who have not learned to keep their mouth shut and think before they speak. But it never ceases to amaze me just how stupid people can be.They try so hard to be what they are not. It's only cool if you are a biker,not just playing one. with that said 2 guys with cookie cutter chops,"just different paint" are at this bar,their drunk young and stupid. the mouthy little one come's up while I am kicking my guts out on xs 650 hardtail I built. He say's that's "N____R RIGGED WHERE I COME FROM" I look at my wife on her bike . She's waiting patiently,she used to me kick'n my old ironhead. She's wondering just what's gonna happen. I look at him,and his BIG friend. Isn't that the way it always is, a mouthy little guy is only that when he has a crowd or giant to help him dig out from under the shit he dumps on himself. Well I digress...... Long story short. The bike starts,we ride home,and my wife thanks God it started and didn't piss me off royally! And I wonder ......how much longer will his luck hold out? It is inevitable you run your mouth you get it mashed......the only variables are when it will happen,and who will do it. All I can say is keep bail money handy!

Brandon
03-03-2010, 6:26 PM
2 day's ago I was riding my pan home from AAA and the fucking toolbox bracket broke off and the box left my bike. Some D-bag pulled next to me as I'm rolling and told me my OIL bag fell off. I looked between my legs and gave him a thumbs up! Found out when I got home it was the toolbox. Went back to the same area to recover it and it was smashed into a pancake. Oh well it just shows that people don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Hell at least he was trying to look out for you. It coulda been alot worse

Revelator
03-03-2010, 9:35 PM
just yesterday I received this outburst,,,,,,,
Damn, why you got that skinny tire on there? Why dont You put one of those big wide
fuckers on there?

SmittyFXR
03-04-2010, 12:25 AM

Ye gods, that thing is ugly. I seriously fail to see the appeal- even to the D-bags....

killtheking
03-05-2010, 1:29 PM
i love to be a dick to all the d-bags. or as i call them "douche-waffles".

CRFyou
03-05-2010, 3:40 PM
some of these stories are baffling. how dumb can these idiots be?

every time i hear stupid shit about one of my rides there is usually a group of 2-3 guys. one of them is the head chopper master since he saw and identified a vespa once.

this sounds made up like a mother fucker, but my '69 t-120 was outside of a bar 2 months ago and i go outside with my buddy while he smokes.

3 biker wizards start talking about my bike. it was identified as a "flathead sportster" (swear to christ)
i vomited in my mouth at the ignorance. so i step in and say, "it's not a harley. and it's valves are overhead" and they look at me like i'm an idiot. then start saying stupid shit like, "does it do over 50?" i told them, "it's a triumph. it's the worlds fastest motorcycle." then one of the idiots say, "i bet at 50mph that back wheel gets to wobblin"

what the fuck? yeah my wheels wobble like a god damn clown car on the freeway and i roll with it. and where the shit did they get 50mph as the terminal velocity for a bike they can't even identify?

ridemore16
03-05-2010, 3:44 PM
that's some funny crap right there! I'll have to remember that when I get close to 50 mph...time to start the wobbling!!! hahahahaha

CRFyou
03-05-2010, 3:59 PM
that's some funny crap right there! I'll have to remember that when I get close to 50 mph...time to start the wobbling!!! hahahahaha

do you have a flathead sportster t-120, too? their wheels are notorious for getting the wobbles.

try putting your main finger top-wise next time. straightens it right out like sending a boy off to war.

SMChewy
03-05-2010, 4:38 PM
Where can eyes get me one of dem Flathead Sportster t-one twenies? Is dat one of dem dere PRO-unit bikes? My buddy bought one of dem in 85, bran-new.......

Sorry, couldn't resist. Ha ha ha

justinspace
03-05-2010, 5:59 PM
stopped in at mcdonalds today, and its the first nice day of the year today, got to 47....i see this sportser sitting in the stripped part of a handicap parking section. (douche move right there) im thinking ill go in ask the guy if his legs are alright then comment on how he must have some sort of mental handicap rather than a physical one. walking in the doors there i see it, a harley jacket with a giant ass bird on it...gag..but i see how big these corn fed country boys are and i chicken out..oh well it would of been funny...but while ordering i hear him telling his buddies how hes gotta go get his plates and stop at the dmv to get his licence.....i havent prayed for someone to wipe out so hard in all my life. and now i know there is no god ...

CRFyou
03-05-2010, 7:09 PM
Where can eyes get me one of dem Flathead Sportster t-one twenies? Is dat one of dem dere PRO-unit bikes? My buddy bought one of dem in 85, bran-new.......

Sorry, couldn't resist. Ha ha ha

hahaha. all my shit is Pro Unit.

i couldn't tell if they just started saying more retarded shit because they got called out on being mega wrong or what. it's like they were looking for the comment that would ring true.

-is that a 1946 flat head sportster?
-IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE ANY COMBO OF THAT, SIR.

-oh.. then does that thing get the wobbley woos at 50mph?
-WHY YES IT DOES! YOU'VE JUST REDEEMED YOURSELF FROM COMBINING ALL TYPES OF WRONG SHIT. THANK YOU SIR. MY BIKE DOES WOBBLE. GOD DAMN THAT WAS A GREAT ASSESSMENT!

SMChewy
03-05-2010, 8:17 PM
Bwa ha ha. That's pretty bad. The 2 worst I have ever seen first hand is, I was showing my friend at work pics of my bike's progress(1975 Ironhead Sporty). I was showing him a pic of the left side of the motor. Close enough so you could see that there was no split in the cases between the motor and trans, and a sportster primary isn't hard to spot either (Pic was of my starter block off, but wide enough to see the whole motor). Another guy, doesn't work with us, another contractor or something, walks up and goes "What are we lookin at??? Oh wow, thats a nice knucklehead". I wanted to go, ya, and I'm gonna be rich when I sell the only 1975 Knucklehead ever made! Then upon going home last year (Tucson) a old high school buddy of mine (his dad was a gear head, with some loot also, he never picked up on his dad's skills) bought a "1971 Knuck", as he called it (meaning his DAD bought it and he took it off his dad's hands). So I asked him, you mean you got a Knuck in a 71 frame??? He goes, no, it's a 71! He tried telling me Harley continued to make the Knuck through (blank) years (don't remember what he said at this point, 70 something, I just tuned him out as a idiot). I explained it's probably a shovel, and he tried pulling the "My Dad knows all about Harley's, he'll even tell you it's a 71 knuck". He would not accept the fact that Knucks, let alone Pans, weren't still produced in 1971. You should at least know what's between your legs if you ride. I mean I know there are re-pros, and they MAY have been out then (Wasn't around in the 70s, sorry) but I don't recall hearing of any from the 70's, and I'm definitely not a pro. He even tried saying he was gonna go grab the registration that says "1971 Harley Davidson Knucklehead". Which really made me crack up, since bikes that old are usually just registered as a "71 Harley Davidson MC", and knucklehead is not a actual model name, but a nickname. Ha ha. You see why I left Tucson and my old ring of friends shortly after high school.

REV
03-05-2010, 8:30 PM
i dont know what most guys are thinking when they see my bike (09 iron...) but they always ask what year it is and when i tell em, say "it looks a lot older..."
wtf "older" bike does an iron without a front fender look like?

WarGhost
03-05-2010, 9:41 PM
Here's a quick one that took place earlier today:

Was at the gas station on my 400, and this guy asks me what kind of bike I have. I tell him it's an old Honda, yada, yada, yada, and he starts telling me that a Police officer in another city was killed by two motorcyclists. The motorcyclists were wearing full-face helmets and could do wheelies and shit. He told me that people who wear full-face helmets can get away with virtually any crime since their faces are obscured. Why he chose me, a guy on a motorcycle, to relay this information to, I have no idea. But as I got back on the bike, I put my junker full-face helmet back on and rode away. The look on his face was priceless. Total Twilight Zone ending..

BGRYN
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
." then one of the idiots say, "i bet at 50mph that back wheel gets to wobblin"

what the fuck? yeah my wheels wobble like a god damn clown car on the freeway and i roll with it. and where the shit did they get 50mph as the terminal velocity for a bike they can't even identify?[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit that is good stuff! a god damn clown car! still laughin!
that would be bad ass.

soca750
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
i was workin on one of my projects one day when a gentleman walking by stopped to inquire about my stock honda cb1100f in the driveway.

I got the usual compliment on what a nice bike it was and he told me how he thought about getting a harley like that. He seemed pretty intelligent so I figured he was making an attempt at a joke.

I kinda chuckled and said "you might have a hard time...that ones a honda."

his reply?

"yeah it sure looks like it now...why'd you throw a stupid ass honda sticker on it?"

steffan
03-05-2010, 11:28 PM
had a guy come up to me in a parking lot and told me that my nightster was a real clean knucklehead. told me he had one and i should trade it in for one of those new ironheads they got out now.

Revelator
03-06-2010, 2:22 AM
Here's a quick one that took place earlier today:

Was at the gas station on my 400, and this guy asks me what kind of bike I have. I tell him it's an old Honda, yada, yada, yada, and he starts telling me that a Police officer in another city was killed by two motorcyclists. The motorcyclists were wearing full-face helmets and could do wheelies and shit. He told me that people who wear full-face helmets can get away with virtually any crime since their faces are obscured. Why he chose me, a guy on a motorcycle, to relay this information to, I have no idea. But as I got back on the bike, I put my junker full-face helmet back on and rode away. The look on his face was priceless. Total Twilight Zone ending..

too bad you didn't popa wheelie as you were pulling out of the station

QBALL
03-06-2010, 7:13 AM
http://vtwinbiker.com/db_7MrPitiful1.jpg

K.I.S.S. look them in the eyes and say "FUCK OFF".
We need to respect each other, no matter what we ride.
I don't give a flying fuck if you ride a pink scooter.
Be proud of who you are, and leave other folks alone.
If you want respect, then give respect.

Long May You Ride,
Q-Ball
qball@vtwinbiker.com
www.VtwinBiker.com

bhead1968
03-06-2010, 1:08 PM
was reading this.. then weather gets nice down here i go out last night. Out in front of this pub these two old guys come up to my bike (66 Trump chop)

- Old guy #1- thats a great triumph. I have a '67 (ok at least he's an owner and seems to know his shit)

- Old guy # 2 - Thats nice, but your to big to be riding that (Not a rider)

- Me - "yeah but i dont care love riding these bikes and I did BUILT it myself"

So me and the Old #1 keep trading some stories about bikes.... and this guy says it again..

So I just let it roll off and ignored him and they both left. Sometimes it isn't worth it...

But sometimes it definitely is - I have had friends of friends show up for rides and they'll make a comment here and there about "bettering" my bike (they're riding $30k screaming eagles with a cd player).. so I stated you CANNOT make one comment about my bike until you change your own oil...he dont say another word..and hasnt since....

shanebo
03-06-2010, 2:18 PM
Many years ago I rode this Kawasaki Vulcan everyday, everywhere...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/leadfist01/l_b5509adad3aa0095843ea30a8d99bfdd.jpg

D-bag at a red light: "Hey man, is that an ol' Panhead?"
Me: Yep.

Cop: "you got no registration, no MC endorsement, no insurance, no helmet, no frame numbers and a tag off another bike...what the fuck are you doing?"
Me: "just trying to get to work."
Cop: "I am going to let you go, if I see you again I'm taking you to jail."

a month later...
Cop: "Rember what I told you last time?"
Me: "Yep."
Cop: "Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

Guy at smokeout: "What kind of bike is that?"
Me: "its a fucking chopper"
Guy at smokeout: "Dickhead"

It happens almost everyday in some form or another.
Its one of the things that makes motorcycling awesome.

reverendpk9
03-06-2010, 2:28 PM
Saw an add in the local trading post for a "1999 suzuki high booster" blown motor $500 bucks. Not being big on knowledge when it comes to japanese bikes, but always looking for a fun cheap project, I called the owner to look at it. I mentioned in the call I had never heard of a "high booster" before and was told "they fast". Went out to look at it today and it was everything I could do to keep from blowing snott bubbles laughing, when the 20 year old Seth Green looking kid pulled the cover off of a totaled Suzuki Hayabusa.

QBALL
03-06-2010, 4:37 PM
Many years ago I rode this Kawasaki Vulcan everyday, everywhere...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/leadfist01/l_b5509adad3aa0095843ea30a8d99bfdd.jpg

D-bag at a red light: "Hey man, is that an ol' Panhead?"
Me: Yep.

Cop: "you got no registration, no MC endorsement, no insurance, no helmet, no frame numbers and a tag off another bike...what the fuck are you doing?"

a month later...

It happens almost everyday in some form or another.
Its one of the things that makes motorcycling awesome.

I like your bike and attitude.

Revelator
03-06-2010, 6:33 PM
Yeah that is a nice sled, not too often ya get to see one 'em old Panheads

REV
03-07-2010, 2:30 AM
i wanna get me one o dem kawasaki panheads. wonder if i can find a suzuki knucklehead too

Beaner
03-07-2010, 6:50 AM
I can't count how many times I've ridden somewhere on my chop and Koreans will squat next to my bike to take it all in and just grab my hot pipes for no reason. They somehow don't realize that a motor makes pipes hot. I laugh my ass off every time.

I sat and argued with one old Korean dude that my bike was actually 1200 cc's. He said there's no such thing as a 1200 cc motorcycle. That it in fact is a 250 cc bike.

TheYetti
03-07-2010, 7:57 AM
they may not realize its not a motorcycle in Korea if you don't have 10 feet of shit stached behind you! I spent 18 months in Korea and saw some of the craziest shit strapped to a motorsickle!

Bobbed883
03-07-2010, 8:16 AM
My example isn't about something being said, but merely an action that is super douche-waffle...

There's a d-bag in my neighborhood that rides some sort of land barge and any time I'm riding my Dyna he waves (and is all too eager to do so) and I wave back, you know, cuz it's the brotherly thing to do. Well, the other day I was out and about on the Sporty and this time I initiated the friendly act of waving, only to be shunned. About 15 minutes later I see him again, and again, I wave but to no prevail - he still didn't wave back. Well, in talking to my other buddy that lives close, he told me that the same guy will wave at him while he's riding his "hog" but will not even wave back when he's on his little Triumph home-build.

Seems this dude is only friendy to "real Harley riders" and won't even reciprocate the wave unless you're all chromed out and "live to ride".

Madav8tr
03-07-2010, 8:50 AM
they may not realize its not a motorcycle in Korea if you don't have 10 feet of shit stached behind you! I spent 18 months in Korea and saw some of the craziest shit strapped to a motorsickle!

I spent 16 months there in the mid 90's myself and I can concur on the shit stacked 10 feet behind the rider. Never saw any motorcycles while I was there that wasn't used for some type of property transport. Shame too since I remember some of the mountain roads in the northern part of that country would have been wonderful to see from behind the screen of a sportbike.

TheYetti
03-07-2010, 9:28 AM
I know the roads you are talking about, I was up at Camp Casey, and all of those roads would of been killer on any kinda bike, if you could get rid of all the crazy ass drivers! I took a cab from the Inchon airport, and we were hauling ass on the shoulder of the road! But yea, some of those back mountain roads would be awesome to ride

idonttkso
03-07-2010, 9:57 AM
well i was on a most stock 90 fxr and had a very new hardcore dressed chrome out softtail pull up next to me with a puzzled look, and ask me what's that. just looked at him and had to laugh.

Revelator
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
My example isn't about something being said, but merely an action that is super douche-waffle...

There's a d-bag in my neighborhood that rides some sort of land barge and any time I'm riding my Dyna he waves (and is all too eager to do so) and I wave back, you know, cuz it's the brotherly thing to do. Well, the other day I was out and about on the Sporty and this time I initiated the friendly act of waving, only to be shunned. About 15 minutes later I see him again, and again, I wave but to no prevail - he still didn't wave back. Well, in talking to my other buddy that lives close, he told me that the same guy will wave at him while he's riding his "hog" but will not even wave back when he's on his little Triumph home-build.

Seems this dude is only friendy to "real Harley riders" and won't even reciprocate the wave unless you're all chromed out and "live to ride".

Maybe you need to fuck with the D's head a little. From now on when you are riding the Dyna
& the Doushe waves to you, Dont wave back. Repeat every time while on the Dyna.
BUT.....Every time You ride the little Sporty give Him a big in your face wave.

revmike
03-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I was at Autorama on Friday looking at some nicely redone 74 CU iN flathead. When I overhear two people looking at it:

"What's that pedal thing on the side for?"

"Oh, that's so you can start it."

"Huh?"

xllance
03-07-2010, 2:05 PM
The wave is gay, I always return the wave with a big ol' PeeWee Herman style wave, hurh hurh. Or a modified Forrest Gump one always works too.

deucepjd
03-07-2010, 2:48 PM
I constantly get the "what year is that thing?", "i had a (insert year here) bonneville!", and "i love those old triumphs".

It's a '99.

Wish I had a dollar for evey guy at a stoplinght last summer babbling on about "those old Triumphs".

Guess the 04s are really looking their age these days.

revmike
03-07-2010, 8:36 PM
The wave is gay, I always return the wave with a big ol' PeeWee Herman style wave, hurh hurh. Or a modified Forrest Gump one always works too.
I wave to everyone, even people on mopeds. My old lady thinks it's hilarious. Of course I don't wave to people on BMWs because it would void their warranty if their hands came off the handlebars while in motion. Not to mention the fact that there is no reason for them to wave back, since my outfit doesn't match my bike.

Moped riders are the best, they never get waved to so a lot of them almost fall off waving.

Try it some time....

~Rev Mike

mplsdave
03-07-2010, 9:31 PM
i ONLY wave to mopeds! everyone else thinks im waving, but im just trying to turn left.

XbrooklynX
03-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I love returning with the over the top wave...

We usually wave to everybody, especially horses. I dont know if you all knew but real bikers are best friends with horses.

basically what im saying is if youre out riding wave at a horse... you will feel better about your day.

squirrel78
03-08-2010, 1:26 AM
I know the roads you are talking about, I was up at Camp Casey, and all of those roads would of been killer on any kinda bike, if you could get rid of all the crazy ass drivers! I took a cab from the Inchon airport, and we were hauling ass on the shoulder of the road! But yea, some of those back mountain roads would be awesome to ride

I agree...spent some time at Camp Hovey.

Allen
03-08-2010, 1:59 AM
(not my quotes...)

a month later...

That's about perfect... that, and the Death Star pussy chick, makes today a good day! Thank you.

aephilli
03-08-2010, 1:44 PM
http://vtwinbiker.com/db_7MrPitiful1.jpg

K.I.S.S. look them in the eyes and say "FUCK OFF".
We need to respect each other, no matter what we ride.
Be proud of who you are, and leave other folks alone.
If you want respect, then give respect.

Long May You Ride,
Q-Ball
qball@vtwinbiker.com
www.VtwinBiker.com

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/aephilli_photo/DSCF0944.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p426/....nt=DSCF0944.jpg

It's the wife's ride, I SWEAR it's the wife's!!!

justinspace
03-08-2010, 1:51 PM
i was calling a costomer of ours to set up a time to meet him at his house after work.
he says he gets off at 5 and has to suit up. i have the type of bike that requires proper riding gear...
i say oh you have a bmw.
he says yes.....
i win

SMChewy
03-08-2010, 1:54 PM
i was calling a costomer of ours to set up a time to meet him at his house after work.
he says he gets off at 5 and has to suit up. i have the type of bike that requires proper riding gear...
i say oh you have a bmw.
he says yes.....
i win

Ah ha ha ha.

nick5
03-08-2010, 4:23 PM
i say oh you have a bmw.
he says yes.....
i win

Yes, yes you do...haha

hugodv01
03-08-2010, 6:49 PM
People tell me I am a d-bag because 95% of the time I don't wave at fellow riders.

It's not because I am a di*k, it's just that I stopped doing it years ago because It is redundant. At stops most these people won't even look at me in the eye let alone say hello. Anyhow, most of the time I am too busy focusing on the traffic and careless drivers.

scottm
03-08-2010, 7:28 PM
if i get a wave, i just nod my head

justafurnaceman
03-08-2010, 9:37 PM
i say oh you have a bmw.
he says yes.....
i win

+1 for you!

revmike
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I love returning with the over the top wave...

We usually wave to everybody, especially horses. I dont know if you all knew but real bikers are best friends with horses.

basically what im saying is if youre out riding wave at a horse... you will feel better about your day.
Horses dig me. When I have time, I often stop and climb over the fence and walk out into the pasture to pet the cows. Cows give so much and ask for so little in return. I used to wave to horses, but they rarely wave back. Of course, I am scared shitless of spooking a horse when my pipes are popping so I slow way down. I don't want the humans to fall off.

~Rev Mike

BGRYN
03-08-2010, 11:25 PM
i'm about to stop waving, every time i wave the D-bags never return the wave. so if they wave, i'll wave back, somtimes.

mattdubs
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Back when I had a vtx1800 my neighbor was a bagger. His old lady used to tell me one day I'd grow up and get a harley so that I could, in her estimation, get a real woman. I suppose she's right, after all, that's how her man scored his 300 pound princess. (I'm a little nervous her prediction will come true since I picked up a sportster)

CRFyou
03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Back when I had a vtx1800 my neighbor was a bagger. His old lady used to tell me one day I'd grow up and get a harley so that I could, in her estimation, get a real woman. I suppose she's right, after all, that's how her man scored his 300 pound princess. (I'm a little nervous her prediction will come true since I picked up a sportster)

fat bitches can't fit on sportsters. trade that shit in for a real hawg. you can put the fattest, ugliest, droopy tittyest bitches on a road king.

TatdGasser
03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
fat bitches can't fit on sportsters. trade that shit in for a real hawg. you can put the fattest, ugliest, droopy tittyest bitches on a road king.

Oh I've seen it. She had to be 350-400lbs. I then made the mistake of talking about her to my friend, which it turned out that was her dad and his girlfriend.

mattdubs
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Ha well atleast I got a good excuse, sorry baby, I'd totally take you home with me, my springs just can't take it. (Besides, like my women like I like my bikes, tight and aggressive)

oildevil13
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM

fun times

HAHA I love me some Triumphs... this one made my day.

Kokuma
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
D-Bag: Whoa, son! That's a vintage piece!
Me: Yeah, its on '03! What you got there?
D-bag: Its a Big Dog!
Me: Musta cost a pretty penny?
D-bag: Yeah, 25K, son! How 'bout you?
Me: Oh man, I aint got that kinda cash...had to build this one!
D-bag: (pretends he never saw me).
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs137.snc3/18435_1306240612911_1137393554_30930455_5718817_n. jpg

Steze
04-24-2010, 1:53 AM
Guy I work with rides a new Dyna, he's got all the Live to ride crap all over it (his first bike as far as I know), any way he looks at my dual Mikunis sticking way out where my right knee is supposed to be and asks if the carbs ever get in the way. Of course they do but it's ok I tell him, then he says " Do they ever burn your leg?" I thought every male person at least had a basic understanding of crap like that!

HA!. those can get HOT! lol

number1son
04-24-2010, 6:27 AM
The best D-bag commentI ever got was when I was stopped at a construction zone with my 99' v-star 650 that was mildly modified with paint, fork covers removed and lowered with a strut in place of the shock under the seat and running white walls.Nothing to fancy ,but I was pretty proud of it at the time compared of how it looked when I bought it.I am sitting at the front of the line for about five minutes and I see /hear this heritage softtail running down the ditch side of the road and comes to rest next to me.We perform the requisite head nod.Then he looks at me and says "when you gonna buy a real bike". I look around and state "funny It appears to be a real bike ."He say's" no, when you gonna get a harley." I looked at him stunned for a few moments and then looked back straight ahead for what seemed like an hour, but was probably only five minutes, the guy holding the sign turned it to slow,but appearently mr. harley bad ass must have thought it said race to prove your manliness. and proceeded to take off like a shot.Not seeing the police car that was probably six or so cars back, while ridding the side past him which is illegal anyways.Needless to say the sirens came on instantly so it was nice and easy for the cop to pull him over about a half mile up the road.I hope in that case he didn't get off easy.

My second favorite was at a bike show.I was talking to a guy about what I'd done to that same v-star.I was running down my list of shit he asked what kind of motor I was running, I told him.He say's" oh thats not a harley."I say" no" .we stood there for a few seconds and he asked"how much your hypercharger cost ." I said "Oh it was like 250$ or something like that".He says wow your lucky ,that same part cost 600$ for a harley."With that We parted ways.

BlueCollarMoto
04-24-2010, 4:45 PM
*One of the bos's at work made a girls bike comment. Dont even ride a bike. My reply was something like only people w/ Lil' dicks think so.

*A cop who pulled me over for loud pipes asked me why I dont wash the bike. Reply, Too bussy riding it.

*At least twice a week someone asks how old it is. Workbike is a 90 Sportster. When I tell em they ask again. Then a blank look follows. Beginning to think that its just me gettin old for thinking a 90 is not a old bike. I asked a kid at work a few weeks ago if he had seen the movie Tommy. Reply, Who? Yes, the WHO! Never heard of em......

beanhead78
04-24-2010, 5:20 PM
today this guy says to me "welcome to tacobell may i take your order?" i thought to myself " pfft,what a douchebag."

kromsucks
04-24-2010, 7:42 PM
my teacher said "is that your honda in the parking lot" My bikes a fucking sportster

SMChewy
04-24-2010, 8:26 PM
today this guy says to me "welcome to tacobell may i take your order?" i thought to myself " pfft,what a douchebag."

Ha ha ha

justafurnaceman
04-24-2010, 8:43 PM
my teacher said "is that your honda in the parking lot" My bikes a fucking sportster

HAHAHA

Not so much along the lines of a D-Bag but just uneducated. Someone asked me how I like my sportster, another commented on my softtail. I ride a Street Bob.

Gardener1
04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
My bikes have always been chopped up, tinkered with and re-engineered old Hondas, and the comments I get always get, come from non-riddin' types. It goes like this... How come you don't ride a Harley? And I say, How come you don't drive a Porsche? They always look dumb founded.

Derakes
04-25-2010, 12:42 AM
HAHAHA

Not so much along the lines of a D-Bag but just uneducated. Someone asked me how I like my sportster, another commented on my softtail. I ride a Street Bob.

how was that ride today? you missed all the tornado action.

Frankenfab
04-25-2010, 2:42 AM
Me and a buddy rode to a show a week or so ago..
Outside the show, bunch of guys that he toured with showed up. One of them, of coarse, has to corner me about my bike etc.

"Oooooohhhh! Panhead?"
Uhhhh no dude, that's an XS650 motor
"Harley though right?"
No, Yamaha motor. Everything else I made by hand
"oohh"

Of all the motors to rattle off it could be from your limited "harley" knowledge... Panhead? Fucking christ I wish.

Ogre
04-25-2010, 1:57 PM
I cant get enough of this thread, so i gotta add my own

About two months ago I was at a gas station and got done filling up my shovel and proceeded to kick it over and some guy on a new road glide or something came up next to me and asked "what kind of bike is that?" to which I replyed "Honda" after saying "oh" the douche quickly lost intrested and rode away rapping on this throttle making sure everyone around him saw how cool he was while blasting his favorite garth brooks song.

doubt
04-25-2010, 2:41 PM
i think many of these "dbags" are just freindly folks who have limited knowledge but like your bikes, and many maybe know better but are hilarious assholes who are winding you up. i love how the one guy just says "nice fag bike", that is epic rad assholeness, i'm using that one one for sure

jonnyrtn
04-25-2010, 5:46 PM
Today at the swap meet in LB guy walks up and asks if we have saddle bag supports for a FXR. I tell him we have a set for a Shovel.. he looks at me all indignant and says "I said an FXR, not a shovelhead" .. I laugh a little and me and my buddy look at each other and we both go "dude didnt harley build a shovel FXR"? He got a stupid look on his face and walks away..... EVO is the new ancient bike I guess.

KT
04-25-2010, 8:15 PM
I was at the ice cream shop getting something to drink this afternoon and a guy in line saw this Vstar pull in to the car wash and he goes oh damn to his buddy look at that harley I replied that's not a Harley its a Yamaha Vstar he then replies to me ...oh it is , Yea Harleys are like
$30K-$40k damn nice bikes,that's what I am gonna get me ...I saw no need to reply ...

doubt
04-25-2010, 8:47 PM
i had a homeless guy look at my bike and say "thats a lot of horses man" then he stared into the distance and sais "a lot of horses...........just galloping into the wind" then he yelled "cunts" at these girls across the street and told my buddy something about fucking his grandma. my friend wanted to punch him but didn't because the guy had that thing where you're arms are really short and small. he wasn't a dbag to me but everyone else on the block got it pretty bad

SMChewy
04-25-2010, 8:55 PM
i had a homeless guy look at my bike and say "thats a lot of horses man" then he stared into the distance and sais "a lot of horses...........just galloping into the wind" then he yelled "cunts" at these girls across the street and told my buddy something about fucking his grandma. my friend wanted to punch him but didn't because the guy had that thing where you're arms are really short and small. he wasn't a dbag to me but everyone else on the block got it pretty bad

Ah ha ha. I saw a hobo on the side of the road today yellin at a sewer cap. Bwa ha ha ha. "I told YOU threeeeeeeee times. Knock it off! Quit following me". Ha ha, tried to get my phone out for at least a pic, but the light went green and I had to take off. I sure hope he finally ditched that sewer cap that was following him. He sure seemed pissed.

FABIAN
04-25-2010, 9:43 PM
Today at the swap meet in LB guy walks up and asks if we have saddle bag supports for a FXR. I tell him we have a set for a Shovel.. he looks at me all indignant and says "I said an FXR, not a shovelhead" .. I laugh a little and me and my buddy look at each other and we both go "dude didnt harley build a shovel FXR"? He got a stupid look on his face and walks away..... EVO is the new ancient bike I guess.
Me and and Slim were in the garage one night working on the BSA....some douchebag up the street with a bagger happened to be going by. He stops and asks " what ya'll doin?' I sez to him i sez "Building a scoot" He replies....."what kinda Harley is that?" I was like "naw man....its a British bike" He says "oh......."

Luke
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
I got one. I was out riding my rigid evo chop all of the sudden my lap is fucking hot and soaked with oil! One of the bolts vibrated loose out of the rocker box and oil is literally shooting out. I quickly shut it down and search for the bolt but couldn't find it.

I then take the walk of shame and push my bike up a hill and across town to my dads shop. As Im about to arrive at my dads shop pushing my bike some douche yells from a bar window "get a Honda!" and I can hear him laughing out loud. Now mind you after pushing the bike I was too tired to even care to give a smart assed response. The guy didnt have the balls to come outside though and I couldnt even see him. Pussy...

Luke
04-25-2010, 10:28 PM
At the gas pump I try to avoid eye contact. Every 1 out of 5 times I get. What size motor is that followed by did I build it? Or the guy will say he used to have a 120".

klem
04-26-2010, 1:51 AM
This thread is lame. Why do you even care what other people say or think about your bike? What are you 6 year old girls?

justinspace
04-26-2010, 9:26 AM
This thread is lame. Why do you even care what other people say or think about your bike? What are you 6 year old girls?

AS THE LOCAL 6 YR OLD GIRL HERE, I AM INSULTED BY YOUR SARCASM
opps caps lock was on....

assholeduane
04-26-2010, 10:37 AM
aaaargh. i couple years back i was meeting some friends at the local movie theatre. they allowed bikes to park on the side walkway of the building, so i appreciated the vip parking. this one time as i'm pulling in on my sporty and some guy (army officer) pulls in on a screaming eagle edition fatboy and says "this side is real harley parking only". i promptly told him to move.

BasterdChad
04-26-2010, 7:21 PM
I was out riding with a friend one day. We stopped for gas when some guy on a harley walked up and said he had to come and look at my bike. He wanted to know what kind it was. I ride a blacked out honda, I had a sissy bar with a big iron cross on it. He said my bike was "wild! It looks like something Hitler would ride!". Guess that's what you get when you ride through adams couny ohio, with all the gun toting bible thumpers. Also had a guy in the city ask if my bike was "punisher style"?

number1son
04-26-2010, 7:34 PM
You should have told him its" butt punisher style" and gave him a wink and a smile.

marylandrider
04-26-2010, 9:23 PM
Broke a speedo cable once on my xs. Stopped to see if a guy I know at the parts counter of a local Harley dealership had something that may work (of course they didn't, but it was an excuse to shoot the shit with him a minute.) As I'm leaving a guy riding a vulcan tells me I should get rid of my "jap piece of crap." He also thought that the kickstart was some sort of wacky modification I had ripped off of a harley and grafted onto my uncool yamaha.

ridemore16
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I went to an "Auto Zone" type store searching for a few items. I promptly tell them the products I need are for a motorcycle and not a car/truck/SUV/crossover/etc. So I wander the aisles picking up stuff I need and an employee asked what I was working on. I told him a 1972 Triumph Bonneville and he proceeds to tell me how he "lost his ass" restoring a Triumph a few years back. This cat goes through every detail of his saga then asked me if my bike was an "AMF" model. I told him i'm no expert, but I think AMF owned Harley-Davidson for a period of years, not Triumph. He looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears...said, "nope, it was Triumph. I'm sure of it!" I replied, "maybe that's why you lost your ass on your restoration!"

shvlpnchr79
04-28-2010, 3:58 PM
two stories that happened to my uncle

#1- he has an '80 wide glide pretty much stock in the swing arm frame
-typical harley guy- "what year is your soft tail?"

#2- wish bone frame, evo, 4 speed, z-bars ect ect
-typical harely guy- "hey what kind of bike is that"
my uncle- "oh thats a sport-bob"
THG- "wow thats pretty cool, where do i get one?"
my uncle-" i design the bikes at harley and this wont be out until next year"
THG-"well ill have to keep my eyes open"

damn tards.

Steze
05-01-2010, 3:50 AM
went to the local dealership today to see if they were still going to have the bbq if it rains tomorrow, and of course i rode there. when i went inside i met a smokin hot sales chick. we got to talking and she asked what i rode. i told her about my panhead and she didn't have a clue what i was talking about. now i was fine with that because now i can show off my bike. went outside to show her and crowded around the scoot was 3 salesmen. none of them new what the fuck i was riding. none. of. them. WTF. these were 3 older harley salesmen. they were not the clothing sales chick, they sold bikes.

and that is why harley is out of touch with anything we do, they can't even recognize their own shit if it isn't in a catalogue.

plus those old bastards cock blocked me bc they wouldnt shut the fuck up and the chick got bored and left. FML

xllance
05-02-2010, 9:40 PM
Rode up to Wichita Falls today to see a long time friend. I pull in at a gas stop and this old man (75) is there on his evo Sporty. His bike has crap bolted all over it to make it a long distance bike, you know, stuff that he USES, not giving a crap what it looks like. And trust me he was for real with 120000 miles on the bike. Anyway we talked for about thirty minutes about bikes and whatnot and this clean cut lookin dude pulls up with a poor attempt at an Ironhead chopper in the back of his pickup. He walks over and looks at our bikes and tells us that he's selling the Ironhead and has already bought a softail so he can actually ride. He said he couldn't even make it to Lawton OK. on that thing ( about an hours ride). The main reason was because he was getting close to 50 years old he said. I kept waiting for the old man to chime in, but he showed class and simply said "he must have a tender ass".

Sighless
05-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Went to see KORN last night. MANY D bags.

"Man these guys rock, I was mochin so hard core, have you seen my flip flop?"

"This is the shit, imagine if they were around 10 years ago"

"Why are those guys smoking pot at a rock concert?"

I was wearing a Hatebreed T-shirt
"Hatebreed, is that the name of KORNs new CD?"

And my personal favorite....
"STOP PISSING ON MY CAR!"

YcMatt
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Sighless;65361]Went to see KORN last night.

just kiddin..

StoneHead
05-27-2010, 1:10 PM
I was out riding with a friend one day. We stopped for gas when some guy on a harley walked up and said he had to come and look at my bike. He wanted to know what kind it was. I ride a blacked out honda, I had a sissy bar with a big iron cross on it. He said my bike was "wild! It looks like something Hitler would ride!". Guess that's what you get when you ride through adams couny ohio, with all the gun toting bible thumpers. Also had a guy in the city ask if my bike was "punisher style"?

Hey there aint nuttin wrong with Adams County, they grow good weed in them hills.

Sighless
05-27-2010, 2:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sighless;65361]Went to see KORN last night.

just kiddin..

Lmao Yeah that guy is a douche

squirrel78
05-27-2010, 6:53 PM
I'll share the experience I had while getting my state inspection done.

guy- "That's a small tank." (pointing to the oil tank)
me- "Well it holds 3 quarts."
guy-" Man, I bet you can't go far on that."
me-"That's the oil tank."
guy-"Well where's the gas tank?"
me-"Umm...it's right here." (pointing to my 3 gallon tank perched on the backbone)
guy-"OH yeah! of course...(then walks off)

Yep...for real. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

DOOMRDR
05-28-2010, 7:38 PM
I (unfortunately) work for a H-D dealership and had this exchange with some dipshit about a half an hour ago.

Dipshit: You guys have any new wave shovelheads?
Me: What?
Dipshit: You know, like shovelheads, but new. My dad has a shovelhead, that thing is sick. It's like, the fucking coolest bike I've ever seen!
Me: Nope. Harley hasn't made a shovel since 84 or 85. S&S makes a version though.
Dipshit: Oh. Are those rigid?
Me: [walks away]

SMChewy
05-28-2010, 8:22 PM
^^^ha ha

I was at a stealership show a few weeks ago, when a couple old timers walked up to Hardtop's 71 Ironhead. They were all decked out in their "Sturgis" and some other Harley dealership shirt, with their cute matching do-rags. They walked right up to it, and the first one went, "Holy shit, look at that old knuckle head", number 2 says "That's not a knuckle idiot, that's a old flat head or something. "

At which point I chimed in and said, actually it's a Ironhead. You know? A 70's Sportster, I think it's actually a 73 (I was wrong, but still at least in the same range).

They immediately ignored me and looked the other way. Ha ha

Coco
06-01-2010, 1:15 PM
They immediately ignored me and looked the other way. Ha ha

I'm sure they were looking for where they placed their mochachinos after talking to you.

Weedkiller
06-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I love this one on apes..... Dont your hands fall asleep up there?

willythepirate
06-04-2010, 1:12 AM
They walked right up to it, and the first one went, "Holy shit, look at that old knuckle head", number 2 says "That's not a knuckle idiot, that's a old flat head or something. "

I hear that once or twice a week from people looking at mine

ditto
06-04-2010, 3:02 PM
I'm sure they were looking for where they placed their mochachinos after talking to you.

you mean you guys dont have mocachino holders on YOUR handlebars?

Dreezy
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
My buddy chase wanted to ride my bike, after about 30seconds of me explaining the little things he needed to know he looked at me and asked "why is it scary to ride?" he wound up doin pretty good

ARBY
07-19-2010, 10:35 AM
People are always complimenting me on my "old school" Sportster!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3216bfcccd.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

willythepirate
07-24-2010, 8:54 PM
People are always complimenting me on my "old school" Sportster!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3216bfcccd.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

when you have an old school sportster people know whats up

bobbed06
07-24-2010, 9:57 PM
Yes , That must be one of the VERY limited edition left hand drive Pre Unit Super Dooper big twin edition sporties...

Very cool, What dealership sells those.....??????????????

Hooligan80
07-29-2010, 5:19 AM
Went to see KORN last night. MANY D bags.

"Man these guys rock, I was mochin so hard core, have you seen my flip flop?"

"This is the shit, imagine if they were around 10 years ago"

"Why are those guys smoking pot at a rock concert?"

I was wearing a Hatebreed T-shirt
"Hatebreed, is that the name of KORNs new CD?"

And my personal favorite....
"STOP PISSING ON MY CAR!"

I hate KORN. Knew them when they were LAPD. Be glad they don't sound like that anymore. Shitty Sublime/Kid Rock sound,and they sucked.

FlYinGPig666
07-30-2010, 9:13 AM
Heres a funny one. We were all on the side of the street parked and my buddy had his bike running, an old man from across the intersection comes over and says " you know I can smell your exhaust from over there"... that was pretty comical.
Also you know when peeps dont know a thing when they call a chopped suzuki shaft drive intruder a harley. It always amazes me that people don't even know that people chop bikes for fun. It's like telling them there is no Santa Claus for the first time.

drumballer
07-30-2010, 9:24 AM
Heres a funny one. We were all on the side of the street parked and my buddy had his bike running, an old man from across the intersection comes over and says " you know I can smell your exhaust from over there"... that was pretty comical.
Also you know when peeps dont know a thing when they call a chopped suzuki shaft drive intruder a harley. It always amazes me that people don't even know that people chop bikes for fun. It's like telling them there is no Santa Claus for the first time.

I get that a lot actually.....then again I run VP c-12 a lot. It's usually a gearhead who just got an erection from it but most the time ends up with a good story!

justinspace
07-30-2010, 9:32 AM
had my bike parkedout in front of a school where my kids were swimming. sitting outside ona parkbench a bit away from my bike. was listing to what people said as they walked past it. some 8 year old girls looks at my xs and says "is that a bike for little people?"

i kicked her in the nuts.

Hooligan80
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
had my bike parkedout in front of a school where my kids were swimming. sitting outside ona parkbench a bit away from my bike. was listing to what people said as they walked past it. some 8 year old girls looks at my xs and says "is that a bike for little people?"

i kicked her in the nuts.

Best post so far

tattoo2303
08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
hahaahaha thats some funny shit

i never thought id have something to add here but it actually happened to me, last night me and a buddy rode up to this bbq joint that has all the bikes park inside thier little gated business lot so all the customers can oogle them well we pull in and park and theres about 15/20 baggers, one or 2 big money factory choppers (lame) we stand around for a bit and my buddy and his girl go in to get drinks.

anyways i progress- lame guy one walks over and starts giving my sporty the up and down, lame guy 2 sitting behind his new big ass barge feels its his turn to inform lame guy 1, as they argue over if its an ironhead or not and than which year it is
"its an old one"
"yeah its gotta be a 71"
"nah its an 85"
"well he took that thing off"
"im pretty sure thats suppose to be covered"
"well i was confused cause its missing the fender too"
"yeah but the seat gave it away"
"look at this gay helmet he using"

i couldnt take myself away from the amusment, i just stood there with a big as smirk on my face, shaking my head- when i heard our name over the speaker, i walked up and whispered to them "its a 93 evo sportster" (which i guess if i i had just dropped 16gs on a 2010, 93 would be an old bike hahaahaha)

"hmmmmm"
"hmmmmmmmmm yeah"
they instantly lose interest and walk away

AndyMay
08-02-2010, 12:00 AM
brief but funny story (probably had to be there funny story tho)

Friend and I are at a gas station in middle of nowhere southern Missouri, my sporty and his 750 shadow chop are parked at a pump... as we are walking out some meth mouth is tellin his buddy, "man, did you see that sweet pan head out there?" i laugh and then realize he wasn't even talking about my evo sporty but about my buddy's honda........ yeah had to be there

nick5
08-03-2010, 1:23 PM
Sunday on my way home while my bike was popping and banging and shooting flames, just barely running. I turn on to my street and the bike shuts off, a guy in his driveway yells down, "did you run out of gas?". Maybe you had to be there for this one too but damn if you couldve heard the bike I would think it would have been obvious I had much bigger problems then running out of gas.

FestersGarage
08-05-2010, 5:44 AM
I once got this, Did you build that out of a old bicycle? (xs650 hardtail)

Speedfiend
08-05-2010, 7:47 AM
My bike was parked on main street. Douchebag #1 comes out of wine shop. "nice bike, is that a Ducati?" "Thanks , but no its a 71 BSA" (as in the BSA decal on the tank). " But they were made by Ducati right.?" " No, its british, like a Triumph you know" " Hmmm, I'm pretty sure its a Ducati"
just then douchbag #2 comes along
" I used to have a Kawasaki JUST LIKE THAT!
DB#1 to DB #2
" No its a Ducati."

I just walk away...

Sighless
08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I road the Bobber to work, like any other day. I shut 'er down and rolled back into my parking spot, when one of our old contractors (REALLY old) looks me and the bike up and down and said......
"I knew times were hard, you must be real hard up to ride somethin like that to work."
I replied
"Hard and up, 2 things you couldn't do anymore."

Sick1200
08-10-2010, 9:27 AM
I was at my pop's friends house to pick up his drunk ass a few weeks back and his buddy's OL just bought an '03 Softail. She turns to me and says,

Her: Don't you have a bike
Me: Yeah, it's a '92 Sporty
Her friend: What is that?
Me: It's a Harley
Her: Yeah, but it's an iddy bitty little Harley
Me: I'll bet you pinks that my iddy bitty teeny weenie little Harley will smoke the shit outta yer Softail.
Her: Well! Is it an 883 or 1200? (which I was surprised she even knew)
Me: Used to be a 1200..
Her: I just put Vance and Hines pipes on, it's so much faster now.......you don't even know!
Me: Let's go pop!

burntclutch
08-10-2010, 12:59 PM
standing around my bike, some guy comes up talking about the sissy bar, how it would look nice with a cross on the top and some nice triple trees on it pointing to the middle of the sissy bar. just walked off

Tatguy
09-16-2010, 1:47 PM

That along with all the funny shit here almost made me fall off my chair laughin!
I'm gonna steal that armband line cause I'm a tattooist and its fuckin brilliant!

Tatguy
09-16-2010, 1:56 PM
Moped riders are the best, they never get waved to so a lot of them almost fall off waving.

LOL, I know thats true. I try and talk to them at the lights sometimes and they shit thier pants and you can see them thinking ' did he say he wanted me to go to the instant teller and get him some money??' LOL
Everyone has an attitude these days!!

sledhooligan
09-18-2010, 3:35 AM
Background I ride a choped xs s650 while my buddy rides a 98 1200s sporty in a paucho frame. I live 45 min from Steamboat Co which is becoming another Vail or Aspen.

while sitting at a bar in steamboat i get this from what i gather from this thread the Douche Grand Wizard holder of the Douche Secret Scrolls.

D Bag " those your bikes out there?"
"maybe"
D Bag " I used to have one like that"
me "which one the sporty or the yamaha?"
D Bag" There aint a fucking yamaha out there"
me "realy i built it I should know"
D bag " there aint a yamaha out there"
me " i bet you a hundred dollars that the bike with the 13 on the tank is a yamaha"
D bag " you're on"

I walk out show this dip shit the yamaha on the left case then the right then the neck which still has the origanel sticker on it.

D bag" i was talking about the other bike"
me" fuck off"

but it gets better the asshole comes back in and starts talking to my friend
d bag " ya i had a bike like that"
Friend " raely you had a 1200s what year?"
d bag "aniveasery"
friend " what year?"
d bag " well it was built from this and that"
Friend " fuck off"

over heard from a ride to denver at a gas station. Two dudes looking at my scoot

1 "what is it"
2 " think its a yamaha"
1 " no shit?"
2 " ya they made em that way for a few years"

Fucken realy? Wish someone told me they came factory like that would of saved me alot of time.

Another time talking to some bagger fagger. For some reason these pricks dis on chops the most.

Bagger fag " ya i just put x amount of miles on my bagger"
me " realy i put that many on my car"
bagger fag "it not the same"
me " realy you have a stereo, heated seats, windshield, cup holders, gps, a trunk you mite as well drive a convertible its the same thing"

bagger fag walks off.

beanhead78
09-18-2010, 9:59 PM
trooper: " license, reg, proof of insurance."
d-bag: " i dont have my proof of insurance on me sir"
trooper: " i also se you dont have your m/c endorsement, mr.mathews."
d-bag: " fuck!"

badmojo
09-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Some guy points to my air cleaner and sez,''thats where the battery is right""
i say yeah and walk away!!

beanhead78
09-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Background I ride a choped xs s650 while my buddy rides a 98 1200s sporty in a paucho frame. I live 45 min from Steamboat Co which is becoming another Vail or Aspen.

while sitting at a bar in steamboat i get this from what i gather from this thread the Douche Grand Wizard holder of the Douche Secret Scrolls.

D Bag " those your bikes out there?"
"maybe"
D Bag " I used to have one like that"
me "which one the sporty or the yamaha?"
D Bag" There aint a fucking yamaha out there"
me "realy i built it I should know"
D bag " there aint a yamaha out there"
me " i bet you a hundred dollars that the bike with the 13 on the tank is a yamaha"
D bag " you're on"

I walk out show this dip shit the yamaha on the left case then the right then the neck which still has the origanel sticker on it.

D bag" i was talking about the other bike"
me" fuck off"

but it gets better the asshole comes back in and starts talking to my friend
d bag " ya i had a bike like that"
Friend " raely you had a 1200s what year?"
d bag "aniveasery"
friend " what year?"
d bag " well it was built from this and that"
Friend " fuck off"

over heard from a ride to denver at a gas station. Two dudes looking at my scoot

1 "what is it"
2 " think its a yamaha"
1 " no shit?"
2 " ya they made em that way for a few years"

Fucken realy? Wish someone told me they came factory like that would of saved me alot of time.

Another time talking to some bagger fagger. For some reason these pricks dis on chops the most.

Bagger fag " ya i just put x amount of miles on my bagger"
me " realy i put that many on my car"
bagger fag "it not the same"
me " realy you have a stereo, heated seats, windshield, cup holders, gps, a trunk you mite as well drive a convertible its the same thing"

bagger fag walks off.

im not to sure about your family history is like in the motorcycleing world. but if you stick with riding after this chopper craze, like most of us our "bagger fag" oldtimey dads used to ride chops in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. now their bodys just cant take the knocks anymore. thats why they ride big ol comfy bikes. dont get me wrong theres still some old retards that wont give up. but i tell you what when i get about 50 or 60 im gettin me one of those big ol barges. fuck , sometimes when my kidneys about to fall out i look over at my buddy on his dyna and think to myself " my bike might look cooler, but he looks alot happier to be riding this shit ass road than i do." fuck it anyone wanna buy a sporty chop?

cheapchop
11-11-2010, 6:10 PM
I pull into the gas station with my SR500 to fill up this afternoon and the guy with the HD hat and the HD shirt says to me "Cool bike... shovel head?"

I simply replied "no, it is a Yamaha"

He just turned his head and said nothing.

number1son
11-11-2010, 6:55 PM
Was he driving a toyota truck?

a5tach
01-18-2011, 7:21 PM
I remember when I as at this run of the mill weekly bike night deal. These to big dumb redneck bastards waddle over and check out my bike, cool, whatever. I walk over just as they finish lookin at it and they go over and jump on their sweet custom couches and I literally heard one of them start up his bike and then yell..."lets go commit us a hate crime"...and his buddy start givin off his redneck mating call of a yell...good times.

beanhead78
01-18-2011, 8:02 PM
i went on a benifit run this past summer.i usually dont go on these things but it was for a real good cause. the bolt that i "jerry rigged"for my kickstand broke. thanks Billdozer. so i leaned my bike against a lamp pole and went in and got one of those$ 20 cotter pin things.guy lookin at my bike says "yup those damned irionheads shake everything vibrates loose dnt they" i was under the bike and i heard my buddy andy say" he wouldnt know its a 92 evo sporty" i think the guy walked away cause i didnt hear much after that

undeadfred1
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
drunk ass on a couch glide pulls up next to me at a stop light

ass " how you like that pussy mobile?"
me "what?"
ass "why dont you get a real bike?"
me "i dont carry makeup and tampons, so i dont really need the saddle space"
ass ponders what i just said, decided that yes, i had in fact just called him a girl, goes to get off the bike to kick my ass, in a drunken stumble forgets to put the stand down and drops his pretty bike on the pavement, light turns green, i take off, see him tryin to pick up his big hunk of crap and failing miserably.

KWashburn
01-19-2011, 1:03 AM
I had one of these stories last year in April. Now, don't judge me on my destination of choice, I wanted to go. Myself and a few friends decide to go to the Laughlin River Run. I didn't know where Laughlin was. I didn't realize that Laughlin was a casino attraction either. I just went. And fuck Arizona in April while we're at it. Snow is satan.

Anywho, we rode into California for a few hours. We stopped in Needles and got gas before we headed back to Kingman, AZ and then to Laughlin, NV. All the while I'm taking in the scenery because I've never been to this part of the world. I'm from West Texas in the desert. This shit is amazing to me. So we stop to get gas at some big ass gas station. I'm starting to pump when some guy on a Harley F150 asks me, (and I love rubbing people the wrong way)

Tard - " what year is that knucklehead?"
Me - "Where? What knucklehead?" Looking around trying to find it, I realize what happened.
Tard - "the one you're putting petro in"
Me - "what the fuck is petro?" "This is a twin cam, I wish I had a knucklehead"
Tard - "you've got to be the dumbest SoCal fuck I've ever met." ( I had no idea what this meant at the time)
Me - "Excuse me? I'm from Texas. Don't insult me like that."
Tard - "I'll get outta this truck and kick your ass, shut your mouth."
Me - "where the fuck is the knucklehead at?" (laughing uncontrollably at this point)
Tard - "that's it cowboy" getting out of his truck "you're gonna wish like hell you never talked to me."
Me - "you're impossibly stupid. You approached me and initiated conversation about my knucklehead or lack there of. I suggest you move along before you get hurt."
Tard - " whatever bro, I've built more bikes than you'll ever dream of. I've had em all at least twice."
Me - (I'm done filling up at this point and fucking with this guy for the fun factor) "alright, it's a 76 knucklehead, I'm sorry I was being an ass."
Tard - "you better think before you talk to me again."
Me - "I'll slam my dick in a car door if you can tell me what year the Panhead stopped production."
Tard - "We're done talking"
Me - (I'm now trying to crawl into his truck, because I'm hell bent on leaving my mark on California) "you tell me what year and I swear to God I'm going to violate your backside with my fist."
Tard - (blows the tires off trying to get away)
Me - "that went well, and I need to find a knucklehead to see what all the craze is about."

I've since found a knucklehead and started a project. Thanks weird motherfucker from Needles!

vnygra
01-19-2011, 9:02 AM
Nothin too bad yet. Always hear that a buell isn't a Harley at all. Or that it's not a buell, cause' a buells a crotch rocket.

Ranger87
01-19-2011, 4:37 PM
Half the people see my bike, a 94 yamaha yfz 750 with no plastics seem to think it is a buell.

Buster68
01-19-2011, 5:11 PM
I am at the local Motor Company (C) Dealership in Victoria, BC, and one of the salesman (no, he doesn't sell motorcycles, he is one of those "lifestyle coach" douchebags that sells the baby clothes and dog dishes and Harley-Davidson brand rhinestone bandannas) saunters up to my bike (a 1953 Panhead, below) and asks "what year sportster is that?"

I am used to getting the "what year sportster is that?", but from someone who works for Harley? Really?

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/xr1200/004.jpg

turbonate
01-19-2011, 5:30 PM
i had just finished putting gas in my cb750 chop, when d-bag pulls in on the other side of the pump, and no shit, straight faced tells me

"that ain't a harley"

so i absorb this pearl of wisdom for a second and then say in a very loud pissed off voice
"are you fucking kidding me? the guy that sold it to me told me it was a harley!" at which point i threw my helmet on the ground so hard it broke and yelled " i'm gonna go stomp his fucking ass!" and peeled out of there trying not to laugh, of course my helmet is held together with zip ties now, but i think it gives it character, plus i chuckle sometimes when i see those zip ties.

the bike in question
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/turbonate/stuff033.jpg

Buster68
01-19-2011, 6:50 PM
i had just finished putting gas in my cb750 chop, when d-bag pulls in on the other side of the pump, and no shit, straight faced tells me

"that ain't a harley"

so i absorb this pearl of wisdom for a second and then say in a very loud pissed off voice
"are you fucking kidding me? the guy that sold it to me told me it was a harley!" at which point i threw my helmet on the ground so hard it broke and yelled " i'm gonna go stomp his fucking ass!" and peeled out of there trying not to laugh, of course my helmet is held together with zip ties now, but i think it gives it character, plus i chuckle sometimes when i see those zip ties.

Well worth breaking your helmet for the gag. Brilliant. Beautiful bike, BTW; has a real original Denver's vibe about it.

pTc
01-20-2011, 1:10 PM
Wow, I though it was bad for me on my stock honda. I don't get many comments while riding the shovel, maybe I just hang around less.

IrishMike
01-20-2011, 6:00 PM
As most of you know, I work for a Dealership.....
So this one day, a few weeks ago, this guy pulls up on a pretty sweet looking Panhead and we got to talking about the paint work on the frame and some other shit that he had done to it. While we're talking, one of the DB's that I work with (Younger guy who thinks his bike is a custom Chop because he had some stuff plated) strolls out and starts giving it a look-over.

Anyway, The DB asks, "Who built this for you?"
The guy looks at me like "Really"? and I just shrug.
So he says, "Me?"
Then the DB says, "Yeah but who ACTUALLY built it?"
At that point I just shook the guys hand and wished him a good day and left him to try to explain to the DB.

I was pretty embarassed by my Co-Worker that day.

Travis
01-20-2011, 6:29 PM
I always get the guys that say to me in a tone that almost sounds like they are trying to make me feel better "Triumph, nothing wrong with those bikes" I even had a couple of dicks say " well at least it's not a jap bike" And you always have the guy who has a brother or buddy or uncle/grampa/dad that had a 68 bonnie that he rode around the world twice. Most of the the time I try to just hang back and listen to what stupid things come out of people when they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

CRFyou
01-21-2011, 12:03 AM
i was riding my modern triumph and a dude in a truck pulls up next to me at a light.

he rolls down his window and only says, "Is that a real one?"

like, am i a part of his imagination?

i ask, "a real what?"

"A real, old triumph."

i couldn't think of anything super clever or badass since i was taken aback. so i just said, "no it's fake."

guess the new bikes aren't real or whatever.

the next chop cult shirt should say, "please don't talk to me about my bike"

IrishMike
01-21-2011, 11:15 AM
the next chop cult shirt should say, "please don't talk to me about my bike"

HAHAHA!!! I would buy 2!

Crabby
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I love this thread. Best one on CC. KWashburn, that story is hilarious.
Best part:

Me - (I'm done filling up at this point and fucking with this guy for the fun factor) "alright, it's a 76 knucklehead, I'm sorry I was being an ass."
Tard - "you better think before you talk to me again."
Me - "I'll slam my dick in a car door if you can tell me what year the Panhead stopped production."
Tard - "We're done talking"
Me - (I'm now trying to crawl into his truck, because I'm hell bent on leaving my mark on California) "you tell me what year and I swear to God I'm going to violate your backside with my fist."

TXLucky
01-22-2011, 6:41 PM
Whenever I tell people my bike is the only vehicle I own they always ask "what do you do when it rains?"

My reply: ride squirrely and get wet.

aaronc
01-22-2011, 9:49 PM
I get alot of dumb fuckin comments about how I cant ride my bike for any paticular amount of time or distance.Right before I took this picture at beanblossum this dipshit with a new softtail told me I how I couldnt possibly ride it down there and would not let it go.I busted out the quick go fuck yourself just to shut him up goodtimes.But Ive had several people tell me thats what a motorcycle should look like,dats nice.

thathinchguy
02-23-2011, 11:56 PM
crazy story. i was out riding one afternoon and i come to a stoplight. A douche on a bagger pulls up beside me. he looks at my sporty and says " nice girl bike, buddy" . light turns green and the guy guns it out of there . 15 miles down the road i caught up to that bastard and stabbed him in the face.

Revelator
02-24-2011, 3:17 AM
Do You have a photo of that Girls bike?

djturnz
02-24-2011, 6:40 PM
Do You have a photo of that Girls bike?

Or the guy's face?

Sighless
04-22-2011, 11:27 PM
I stopped to get gas today, as I was giving the bike a good once over. A younger guy starts chatting with me
about bikes, he compliments the bike and starts talking about his bike, pretty vague references, I politely nod and continue with my inspection. Then he says it "Man, I want a HOG, kinda like yours;but I want ape hangers, cause I'm kinda tall. Damn, I love your Pan Head." It's a Suzuki GS450.

crawler65
04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I ride an '06 America. Last week at Black Bird (Local sporting goods/hardware/auto/motorcycle store) I have this conversation:

DB: Boy! They really tried hard to copy it didn't they?
Me: Copy what?
DB: The old Triumphs!
Me: (thinking, I never seen an "old" stock Triumph that looks ANYTHING like my America) I don't think so, but OK.
DB: Sure they did, they even got the air cleaners right!
Me: Oh yeah, those are just trim on the air box.
DB: Is that a Honda or a Kawasaki?
Me: Are you retarded or just stupid? Can you read? The tank scripts, the case cover, the dash board?
DB: Yeah, did you put those on, or did it come like that? I wonder how they got the rights to use the name?
Me: Stay in your cage man, it's for your safety.
DB: What? 'cuz your on a bike your a bad ass?
Me: Yup, that's it! I got a book, it came with the Honda, instructions on how to come into town and rape you're goats and kill you're woman. I haven't tried it yet, but you are makin me think about it real hard.
DB: Mutering to him self as he scurries to his cage.

IrishMike
04-23-2011, 7:01 PM
I ride an '06 America. Last week at Black Bird (Local sporting goods/hardware/auto/motorcycle store) I have this conversation:

DB: Boy! They really tried hard to copy it didn't they?
Me: Copy what?
DB: The old Triumphs!
Me: (thinking, I never seen an "old" stock Triumph that looks ANYTHING like my America) I don't think so, but OK.
DB: Sure they did, they even got the air cleaners right!
Me: Oh yeah, those are just trim on the air box.
DB: Is that a Honda or a Kawasaki?
Me: Are you retarded or just stupid? Can you read? The tank scripts, the case cover, the dash board?
DB: Yeah, did you put those on, or did it come like that? I wonder how they got the rights to use the name?
Me: Stay in your cage man, it's for your safety.
DB: What? 'cuz your on a bike your a bad ass?
Me: Yup, that's it! I got a book, it came with the Honda, instructions on how to come into town and rape you're goats and kill you're woman. I haven't tried it yet, but you are makin me think about it real hard.
DB: Mutering to him self as he scurries to his cage.

How the conversation ACTUALLY went....

DB: Nice Bike. I really like that so many companies are re-using old ideas and style.
YOU: FUCK YOU FAG!!!! (As you "Try" to burn out of the GAP parkinglot.)

IrishMike
04-23-2011, 7:03 PM
Just Kidding. Good to see more Oregonians on here.

crawler65
04-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Just Kidding. Good to see more Oregonians on here.
WE HAVE A GAP HERE!?!?!? Shit, I can get all my ridding apparel there:D:D

Parrot76
04-24-2011, 11:38 AM
the other day some guy pulls up next to me and says 'hey buddy im in the IRA, want to buy some guns?", im like "sure bro i like guns", then he stole my fucking kid!

tattoo2303
04-24-2011, 1:24 PM
Huh??

hugodv01
04-24-2011, 4:14 PM
the other day some guy pulls up next to me and says 'hey buddy im in the IRA, want to buy some guns?", im like "sure bro i like guns", then he stole my fucking kid!

Shit, that should not be a problem, just print out a fake passport and hop on a cargo jet and go get your kid back.

TheYetti
04-24-2011, 9:23 PM
When you get to Ireland, don't go all the way wit your sister!

Charlie503
04-25-2011, 3:18 PM
I took my trike out for a test ride the other day and stopped to fill the tank and some ass hat on his big ass bagger had the balls to call it a tricycle. So I told him to go fuck himself, needless to say he puffed up, so asked him if he wanted to race for pink slips, he laughed. I finished filling up and laid down a burn out that had to be 10-12 feet long and gave him the ol' finger. don't think he'll talk shit any more.

aaronc
04-30-2011, 2:04 PM
When I fillin up yesterday some dipshit comes up and started askin whats this whats that how long did it take to build and exactly how much did it cost what kinda motor is that,I said its a harly evo,he says oh yea I can tell,what kinda transmission,I said four speed, oh that sucks.Is it titled as a harley.I see you upswep the pipes yeah occ does that alot then looked at me weird like I was copying them.Then to top it off he asks me hows it handle.IT HANDLES FUCKIN HORRIBLE HOW DO YOU THINK IT FUCKIN HANDLES LOOK AT IT!!! I just found that to be a very irratating conversation started from a dude driving a beater kia.

weezil
04-30-2011, 8:46 PM
You shoulda told him "Yeah I can drag knee on this damn thing .. that is if I can keep the front tire on the ground"

Vinny
04-30-2011, 9:09 PM
I was kicking on mine the other day and this guy in a polo comes up and says "their hard to start but they sure are fun to ride" I asked him what he knew about it and he said "well 9 of my 10 friends have bikes, so alot" he then proceeded to tell me how great my bike was and how cool it was. Then he asked me what model it was. I told him it was a 76 kawasaki and he said "I didnt know they made bikes like that back then"

I have also had a guy argue with me about how my kawasaki is actually a triumph. I think he thought they switched the cases and the tank by accident.

I must also say that everynow and then I meet someone who gets it. whether or not they ride now they will say "man that reminds me of my childhood when we used to build harleys like that" or "that thing was probably lots of fun to build" or like my new friend John that I met on the RR who is not planning to build his sportster into a mild chop with a girder and cut down fender. It just makes me happy when someone actually gets it.

Pizzile
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
i rode out to north texas harley last year on my 74 xlh (hardtailed) to buy a shift pedal. this is how the conversation went as i walked to the door.

douche bagger #1: you might as well shoot that old bastard cus you aint gonna get shit for trade

me: humm yea...funny

douche bagger #1: hey they got this new stuff called suspension ya know

me: shocks are for pussies dude.

douche bagger #2: oh yea well, helmets are for fags

me: and $600 bags of are for bitches with too many credit cards.

at this point i had effectivley pissed them off, they spent the next 20 mins watching me stand at the parts counter. before going back to their hog rider buddies. i thought for sure that i was going to have hold a clinic on the secondary uses for hemlets and have a nice conversation with the carrolton pd. but as turned out they just glared at me as i got on my bike and left. i really fucking hate harley dealer hang around douchebaggers. unfortunatley i live in thier mecca. nothing says texas like a drunk douche on a bagger!

Vinny
05-01-2011, 6:36 PM
I gotta add to this. Pull up to a stop sign and some guy in a scion TC "I'll trade you a jeep for that"

Seriously a Jeep My bike might not be that nice but atleast it runs most jeeps I have met dont

IrishMike
05-03-2011, 3:01 AM
Front and back

IrishMike
05-03-2011, 3:03 AM
And we have a few others to boot. But I figured this on was fitting for this thread.