PDA

View Full Version : Who on here's from Australia?

ChrisOS
03-16-2012, 3:00 AM
Cause Australia's a hell of a long way from where most people on here seem to be from, who here's an Aussie? What state,city etc...

inmotionphotog
03-16-2012, 4:25 AM
G'day Chris.

Steve, here from Sydney, NSW.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com.au/

mtunny
03-16-2012, 5:04 AM
Matt from Brisbane, Queensland

old650
03-16-2012, 6:01 AM
Perth, in the wild wild west.

Scouser
03-16-2012, 1:53 PM
Scouser from Adelaide, South Australia

ran
03-16-2012, 3:07 PM
Melbourne.....:cheersmate:

ChrisOS
03-16-2012, 5:42 PM
Melbourne too....... East Brunswick with the hipster crowd actually....... Moved here from Perth about 6 months ago.

ChainedHeat
03-19-2012, 8:22 PM
Adam from The Central Coast/Newcastle NSW

Shaun
03-24-2012, 2:27 AM
Shaun from the Gold Coast. Nearly got my bike ready for the road.

ran
03-31-2012, 1:01 PM
Melbourne too....... East Brunswick with the hipster crowd actually....... Moved here from Perth about 6 months ago.

is it hipster in East Bruswick now..used to be just old people n junkies....haha.....

Bobberchopped
03-31-2012, 3:17 PM
I am from USA but not a stranger to OZ.
I do alot of shipping and business with OZ. Have friends all over. Penrith, Sydney, West coast, Victoria and aborginal land (north australia) but never dealt with taz. (island by itself)

They are pretty cool people. I call em up on the phone and their accents trips me out. G'day mate, mate this and that. whoa..

:D

Newporabbit
03-31-2012, 4:23 PM
Temporarily working in Canberra - In like two months I'll be in Geraldton which is apparently no mans land. I like the place so far, the women are constantly in mini skirts

Mollard
03-31-2012, 6:27 PM
Fuck I want to get to Australia. Just ride a bike, camp and check out those mini skirts. Isn't there a lot of snakes there?

Scouser
03-31-2012, 6:52 PM
I think Australia has the top 4 most deadly snakes and the top 3 deadly spiders?
That's out in the bush, or country as you would call it, only seen about half a dozen snakes it metro area in the past 12 years
Scouser

Mollard
03-31-2012, 6:56 PM
Ah shit, well maybe I'll just have to camp in the suburbs. I don't ned to deal with fucking snakes in my bed.

Do they call it bush music there?

Taint
03-31-2012, 7:01 PM
I went to Sydney, NSW for a month a few years ago, and I've hated living in the US every since.

inmotionphotog
03-31-2012, 8:19 PM
Scouser and Mollard.

I live in the burbs, however, I do live near Lane Cove National Park.

Around four years ago on a 40 degree (Celsius) day, I spent the afternoon flaked out in bed with the fan on trying to keep cool. At around dusk I stumbled out to the corner shop for an ice cream and came back to a snake hanging off my AV setup in the living room. Now my apartment is second story and around 200m or so from the nearest strip off bushland.

Here I am, wearing shorts and thongs (flipflops), with the snake none to excited about my company. First thing I did was lock the cats in the bedroom and blocked off the door with a towel so the fucker couldn't get in. I called a mate that is experienced at catching snakes, and stood around with a broom for protection.

Low and behold, the snake decided it wanted a go at me despite my trying not to piss him off. Thankfully the broom came in handy in directing him into the bathroom.

By this stage my mate arrived and decided to tackle him head on. The snake moved into a position behind the dunny (crapper) then started to take lunges at him. Eventually the prick was caught then released back into the bush.

At first I had no idea what the breed was due to the shitty lighting in my apartment. From above, it could have passed for a baby brown snake which is very deadly. As it turned out, it happened to be a yellow faced whip snake which is mildly venomous. They're not supposed to be deadly, however, there are cases of death through anaphylactic shock.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25141&stc=1&d=1333246564

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25142&stc=1&d=1333246564

Cheers

Steve

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com.au/

stubsy
04-02-2012, 3:08 AM
I live in moranbah, central qld also just finished a 250 virago bobber and have just started a sr500

NeoDutch
04-02-2012, 5:04 AM
Got a couple of pals up in Moranbah.

KeithinSB
04-02-2012, 9:39 AM
I went to Sydney, NSW for a month a few years ago, and I've hated living in the US every since.

Yep.
Me too.
Don't ever pass up a chance to go to Aus.

Chopaweeza
04-02-2012, 2:59 PM
Sydney/Base of the Blue Mountains . I run a container of bikes , parts and the odd car out of LA every 8 weeks . With that I drop ship for people from my LA warehouse to my Richmond(NSW) warehouse

Scouser
04-06-2012, 6:33 AM
Here in Adelaide
Building this

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/Mrnovan/DSCF0447.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/Mrnovan/DSCF0445.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/Mrnovan/DSCF0448.jpg

Scouser

old650
04-07-2012, 7:42 AM
Temporarily working in Canberra - In like two months I'll be in Geraldton which is apparently no mans land. I like the place so far, the women are constantly in mini skirts

Geraldton is'nt the asshole of the world....but, you can see it from there.:D

Tatguy
05-25-2012, 1:59 AM
Brisbane here, originally from Canada, been here 6 years now and love it! Build my own, ride my own and modify my buddies when they need it. Pinstriping on the side as well. I'm currently recuperationg from a pretty big operation but am gonna be back in the saddle around July I'm thinkin. Send me a message and let's have a ride and a beer!

xlbratstyle
06-09-2012, 4:48 AM
I'm another from Brisbane..... Hi all!

NHMike
06-09-2012, 8:05 AM
The fucking internet man..I just had one of those moments, looking through this thread, realizing how small this dirt ball we all call home really is. Pretty fucking cool.

Newporabbit
06-11-2012, 8:03 PM
Geraldton is'nt the asshole of the world....but, you can see it from there.:D

Haha thanks, sounds like a great time. Heading out there June 30th. Luckily I got a night in perth worked into the schedule. I've always wanted to see that place but only cuz a band I like has a good song with perth as the title so figure it's cool

krazycustoms
10-07-2012, 6:58 PM
hey johnny here, i am from bathurst nsw, i have worked in a few bike shops in syd . have a few mates we all meet up for rides, i fix my mates bikes and buy and sell second hand parts, if you want to meet up for a ride inbox me, we have a few mates riding up to dirty love show in april if anyone is keen leaving syd on the 4th of april

highwayhooligan
11-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Is anyone here originally from the USA? What did it take to move to Australia and how was it dealing with whatever red tape you came across? Have you applied for citizenship or is the process super strict or difficult to maneuver? I'm pretty sure if I applied I would qualify for the General Skilled Migration Program as I was a certified welder (they've expired) and can very easily get re-certified.

rolliechop
11-25-2012, 3:52 AM
im from perth, but work in the pilbara so chop cult keeps me sain lol!

romachan
07-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi, I am here in sydney. Live and ride here all day long!!!!!!

scrodan
09-17-2013, 7:51 PM
Moved here 3.5 years ago from Dallas, cool rides, cool people. Live in Marrickville.

scrodan
09-17-2013, 7:53 PM
I am on a 457 skilled visa, the hardest part you may find would be getting sponsorship. If you can find someone to sponsor you then you are good to go.

MrSR400
09-18-2013, 1:09 AM
Yeah was born in Canberra in the early 70's then moved to the Gold Coast mid 90's....

For the past 8 years been living in Thailand though.

BootsBogz
09-18-2013, 2:03 AM
Okay, I'm not stalking this guy but I met a fella and his lady friend from Australia, Sydney I think, and he was showing me pictures of his bikes. He had a couple or awesome choppers and a Triumph. said his name was Dave and one of his bikes had a personalized plate. Think it was VENNM. Any Aussies on here know the guy? Seemed pretty cool and thought it'd be nice to see more pics of his bikes and learn about the chop scene down under. Should have given him my email then. :cheersmate:

wnrn
09-18-2013, 4:18 AM
Ross here on the Central Coast NSW.

ahm
09-18-2013, 5:19 AM
Born and live in Newcastle

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ahm
12-27-2013, 2:59 PM
Does anyone here own the bad ass 70s style chop I saw on the freeway half hour south of Brisbane on Boxing Day

AdamMichael
01-15-2014, 8:51 PM
Is anyone here originally from the USA? What did it take to move to Australia and how was it dealing with whatever red tape you came across? Have you applied for citizenship or is the process super strict or difficult to maneuver? I'm pretty sure if I applied I would qualify for the General Skilled Migration Program as I was a certified welder (they've expired) and can very easily get re-certified.

Living in Sydney now. Actually just moved here yesterday. Looking for dudes to have a beer with and show me where I can find a bike. I tried to figure out how to ship my bike out, but to no avail. I will miss the old lady while she sits in my dad's garage. My company took care of everything, so it was pretty easy. I made the decision when I was living in China and found out every Aussie I knew was a decent person, I could ride year round, and my company was setting up shop there.

but on a serious note, what the hell do i do here? Every bar i've walked into has kind of been a bummer. I'm in Prymont now, and my coworker is in Surry Hills. I didn't really have a choice where to live, so ended up there.

Anyone want to show a dirty Yank around?

http://i.imgur.com/yy4Iz1g.jpg?1

ahm
01-16-2014, 3:09 AM
Welcome to aus, cant help you with places to go in Sydney as I avoid the place as much as I can. For bikes checkout www.gumtree.com.au

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk