PDA

View Full Version : first trip over the pond..67? triumph build

backwithabang
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I have never dabbled in British, but here I go. Here's the start, So far I purchased the bike very cheap, picked it up in my truck, put it in my garage and definitely unwound the kicker spring trying to start it.

Specs are as I understand it a 67 bonnie unit bottom with a 750 top in an amen savior frame with a rake like a waterslide and mikuni vm30s. these things and the wheels are the only things actually staying on the bike.

The 80s burger king booster 2 up seat, sissy, fender, front forks, risers, bars, exhaust, and the adolescent manta ray looking tank are all going so keep an eye on the classifieds.

here she sits Day 1

Torch
03-08-2012, 10:17 PM
nothing wrong with that thing, get yourself a manual and get it back on the road.

backwithabang
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
yea it's a decent start, I just don't fit on the damn thing with that seat and mids. A solo seat riding the fender and mids may still be terrible, I may have to go with forward controls.

the frame has little to no stretch on its ass end, but I like it, I'd just like to clean up the look a bit. I'm working on an old long springer for it, I have a bunch of wheel/tire options for the front just depends on the springer I end up with.

I need to throw a fattie on the back, Thinking a 5 16

a mag would be nice down the road if I can find one for 4-500

I have a nice wassell peanut tank waiting for mount, and a set of 4 inch risers that sort of bend out to give me a bit more room

the bike runs, just needs a decent once over on the timing and valves. Carbs are cleaned and tuned decent

I have been stocking some parts for this for a bit here's a shortie brass fender and white biltwell I think I'm going to run with

starwolf
03-11-2012, 6:23 AM
I'd likely ditch that seat too, it looks thick.