PDA

View Full Version : Positive or negative ground??????

Chile
03-05-2012, 6:11 PM
So this is my first build. I have a 1970 triumph tr6. I forgot to look at the origanal wiring when i took it apart. What I need to know.... does it matter or is there an advantage one way or the other. I have plenty of diagrams. Just not sure which to go with. Any help would be awesome.

blackchop
03-05-2012, 6:42 PM
if its stock wiring ... then

#1 thing to do is shitcan all the lucas wiring crap. start all over and go with negative ground

and yes there is a big positive reasons why to do so.

starwolf
03-05-2012, 9:10 PM
neg or pos ground, it makes no difference, just a matter of which wires go where.

Torch
03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
it depends on your budget, if money is tight and you need to use the stock positive ground zenor diode then wire it positive ground. There is nothing wrong with Lucas stuff if you do good work.
If you have an aftermarket regulator/regulator box then you could wire it either way, pos or neg ground.
the only advantage to negative ground is that allows you to use the 1157 LED tail lights that are sold in every auto parts store.

Chile
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone. I do plan on starting from scratch. I do have a reg box, so no zener diode and other crazy stuff. I'll go with my negative ground diagram.

starwolf
03-12-2012, 3:25 PM
I went + ,but I'm a weirdo ! Best of luck with 'er !