PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Seattle/Kent, WA?

CMA406
03-05-2012, 2:38 PM
thought id throw this up and see if anyone is in the area. Im interviewing for a job there next week, and thought id see how the living/bike scene/general is? I dont know shit about the area, or anyone there, so it would be cool to know some people interested in the same shit.
-Chris

AROK
03-06-2012, 3:59 AM
thought id throw this up and see if anyone is in the area. Im interviewing for a job there next week, and thought id see how the living/bike scene/general is? I dont know shit about the area, or anyone there, so it would be cool to know some people interested in the same shit.
-Chris

Yup, I live on the north end of Lake Washington, same with my homie who goes by FlyingDutchman on here. Where are you interviewing and where are you staying?

CMA406
03-06-2012, 8:18 AM
Yup, I live on the north end of Lake Washington, same with my homie who goes by FlyingDutchman on here. Where are you interviewing and where are you staying?

when i go out next week im staying with family in portland, going to look at exotic metal forming...ever good/bad about em?

Shameless
03-06-2012, 8:54 PM
-Chris

I'm up here. Unfortunately not too much going on. Monthly bike meet up and a douchefest they call Oyster Run in Summer.

AROK
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
when i go out next week im staying with family in portland, going to look at exotic metal forming...ever good/bad about em?

I have actually, the machining and welding instructors at the tech school I went to said "stay away, the place is a revolving door"... My buddy's mom used to work there too, but she got laid off during the downturn. I've never worked there, so I can't say for sure one way or another. I guess they make some pretty cool stuff though, I know they've been building the F35 JSF exhaust manifolds. Lots of Inconel!

Eastwood
03-07-2012, 1:26 AM
I'm about 90 miles north west from that area, about all I see running around on the roads are baggers.

carl609
03-07-2012, 2:25 AM
I am about twenty minutes north of Seattle. There is a pretty cool bike night in Ballard in the spring/summer called Backfire. Lots of killer cafes and some cool chops. I have some friends and a brother in the metal fab business. If you are set on moving up here I can see if they are hiring. No guarantees though.

rodbuster86
03-07-2012, 2:32 AM
Ya know. Boeing is hiring like crazy, it may not be a bad idea to apply there for giggles.

CMA406
03-07-2012, 6:41 PM
thanks for all the info guys. im actually applying for an enginering internship, so i gotta take what i can get....I applied to boeing as well so well see. Great info tho...

FlyingDutchMan
03-07-2012, 6:53 PM
We have state route 20! according to my brother it has been voted one of the top five roads in the U.S. We should get a ride set for this summer.

CMA406
03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
hell yea man, im bustin ass to try and finish my shovel right now...

blsm
03-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm in Burien. There are a lot of good loops to be found in and out of the city. Highway 2 to Goldbar for some Zeke's burgers is my favorite.

Backfire Moto is a great night but I can only breeze through there for a few minutes on my lunch breaks. Unfortunately almost everyone I've run into outside of that is a fresh-from-the-showroom HD snob. My Stars get no love =)

AROK
03-07-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm in Burien. There are a lot of good loops to be found in and out of the city. Highway 2 to Goldbar for some Zeke's burgers is my favorite.

Backfire Moto is a great night but I can only breeze through there for a few minutes on my lunch breaks. Unfortunately almost everyone I've run into outside of that is a fresh-from-the-showroom HD snob. My Stars get no love =)

Fuck yeah!

Seriously though, a few rides this summer are mandatory.

Eastwood
03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
We have state route 20! according to my brother it has been voted one of the top five roads in the U.S. We should get a ride set for this summer.

hell yeah, i'm in oak harbor, I can't wait to take it west. Sr. 11 from Burlington to Bellingham is a nice road.

pineapplepower
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
im just up the road from kent in normandy park, there isnt much in the way of motorcycle stuff, probably in account of the shitty weather up here and that most dudes around here roll on baggers with 23" front rims blasting tupac out their hard saddle bags. but like others have mention, theres backfiremoto in ballard every third wednesday of the month. plus one on applying for boeing. they have been getting huge orders for planes and i have personally talked to higher ups in boeing and have heard that they cant hire enough people to fill spots. i was told they dont even have enough parking in the lot on 1st day orientation.
alotta dude around have projects, myself included, but are struggling money wise to finish it off, maybe we outta have a "unfinished" show in seattle.....

smitty476
05-13-2012, 4:53 PM
Hell ya. I live LA now but I lived in the federal way area for like 6 years. Anyways I'm planning making a ride up there to go visit family as soon as I can get my pile finished (shooting for july) if any 33'ers wanna hang, go ride, do some fishing, get plastered, you know.. some man shit, hit me up.

FlyingDutchMan
05-18-2012, 2:44 PM
Is anybody planning on riding south for Born Free 4? If I can get my bike finished in time I will be planning on burning the midnight oil and hauling ass down around 6pm from auburn. If anybody else has to work Saturday and wants to do a midnight ride hit me up!

SeaChicken
05-21-2012, 2:29 AM
My bike wont be done for a while, but the good news is i'll be getting another set of wheels soon. after this december the when I'm out of the navy there will be plenty of time to finish. highway 20 and a trip to Zekes is a must.

carl609
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Highway 20 is pretty awesome. Once the weather is better the Cascade Loop is on my to do list. Me and my wife rode up to Concrete last week and it was great. Nothing like a good two lane on a nice day. A few years ago there was a plan for all the local guys to do the Cascade Loop but I dont think it ever happened. We should try and resurect that ride this summer.

SeaChicken
05-21-2012, 12:18 PM
That was my bad. Tried to get a group together to ride it and while I was doing that my bike blew up and it got set on the back burner. We were going to try and organize two big rides to try and get something started up here. one was the cascade loop and we were also trying to get a runs started at the stonehedge thing along the columbia to get all the guys from wa or and id involved.

ruckus2115
05-22-2012, 9:59 AM
Is anybody planning on riding south for Born Free 4? If I can get my bike finished in time I will be planning on burning the midnight oil and hauling ass down around 6pm from auburn. If anybody else has to work Saturday and wants to do a midnight ride hit me up!

im outta marysville and plan to head south for born free. ill be meeting up with steffan from zombie performance outta oregon. we rode together last november to slab city....one very cold ride...so im hoping this year in june will be way better. defiantly would be nice to have someone to ride with down but im pretty sure ill be taking off on like thursday or something before the saturday show.....details are still getting worked out.

FlyingDutchMan
05-23-2012, 12:15 AM
im outta marysville and plan to head south for born free. ill be meeting up with steffan from zombie performance outta oregon. we rode together last november to slab city....one very cold ride...so im hoping this year in june will be way better. defiantly would be nice to have someone to ride with down but im pretty sure ill be taking off on like thursday or something before the saturday show.....details are still getting worked out.

For some reason I thought the show was on Sunday. Ill see if I can get Friday and Saturday off. Let me know if you get anything set in stone.

dakota
05-26-2012, 2:08 AM
I'm up in Bellingham. I'm not making it to born free, but if anyone is stuck in wa and feels like re-wiring a sporty let me know:D

FlyingDutchMan
05-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm up in Bellingham. I'm not making it to born free, but if anyone is stuck in wa and feels like re-wiring a sporty let me know:D

I'm down south in the Kennmore area, but I head up to Bellingham every once and awhile to visit some friends. I'll let you know next time I will be heading up.

Little update for born free.

I was able to get Friday and Saturday off, so I will be able to head down Thursday. So long as I get my bike done, buts its looking good!

FlyingDutchMan
06-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Its looking like I am finally going to be picking up a second job (fingers crossed). Unfortunately I wont be getting time off from this new jobs so I cant make is down to born free this year.

To all that are going, have a safe ride and take lots of pictures for me. If anybody would be kind enough to pick me up the special edition 6 Over movie I can gladly pay cash before you go, I would have a 6 pack ready when you get back. Maybe we could have a seattle movie night and we could all watch it.

ruckus2115
06-23-2012, 5:32 PM
im trying to leave tuesday from marysville....going to either eugene or roseburg to meet up with steffen......and then wednesday we will start the ride south to born free

pineapplepower
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Alright Seattle dudes, since i didnt make it to BF4, and my homie BIllyD from hellmutts is alive after hitting a deer at 60 mph on the way down there (http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97889), Im gonna have a 6 over screening and get together. check out the events section... maybe we can even plan out a morning ride too if people are interested.

ruckus2115
07-08-2012, 1:21 PM
^^its a rad movie....where you thinking about doing the screening? i think i met you last year at one of the events at redsoul in seattle. anyways lets make this happen. we could try and find a cool bar or something that would let us screen it there. i dont know. lets make this happen
wesley

heffe
07-15-2012, 2:48 PM
Just got a call from my buddy Dave. He's stuck up in seattle with clutch cable issues on his sporty. Anyone able to reattach a cable end? His number is 509-930-9949. Any help would be much appreciated.

ironhead86
07-15-2012, 3:08 PM
Called him man.

heffe
07-15-2012, 3:15 PM
Thanks a ton!

seatraveler
07-15-2012, 6:27 PM
Hey guys im in the seattle area and want to start picking parts for a build at the swap meet, but I cant find any swapmeets! Is there a good website to look at for national parts swapmeets?

Thanks in advance

Allen
07-15-2012, 7:50 PM
Seattle Brolodex dudes should be able to inform you if there are "any" moto swap meets in the area. You might also find that there's deals to be had at lesser promoted swap meets. Try checking the local clubs in your area they'll have swap meets from time to time and sell some treasures cheaper on the Evo-circuit than you might find on the Chopper-circuit (take it for what it's worth).

heffe
07-15-2012, 9:42 PM
He's fixed up and rollin. Thanks for the help.

steffan
07-15-2012, 9:56 PM
awesome when things work out!

ironhead86
07-15-2012, 10:28 PM
it took a little bit of doing but we pulled the cable and got ahold of a old machinest that I know who had a solder pot. It only took 4 hrs but he is on the road and headed home with fresh oil in the primary and a fresh adjusted clutch with a emergency barrol that has a set screw threaded in it from pineapplepower. Met a awsome guy and glad he we got him down the road.

One for chopcult and -1 for gremlins

heffe
07-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks for treating him so good. Nice to know that decent people are on here. Hit me up if you are ever down in pdx and i'll buy you a beer.

ironhead86
07-15-2012, 11:14 PM
We b.s'd about that hopefully will have my bike together and headed to eugene the second weekend in sept. Will probably be stopped and staying in lake oswego that thurs night. I appreciate the offer.

NoQueNO
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
:clap for you: for Ironhead86!!

sgilliesjr
07-16-2012, 11:24 AM
:cheersmate:Ironhead86:cheersmate:

pineapplepower
07-16-2012, 10:39 PM
the only 2 bigger swaps for the year i know of are the ABATE swap in enumclaw and the Tenino vintage swap. you can always post in the bolodex for parts your looking for locally.

pineapplepower
07-30-2012, 9:10 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out to the Bad Apple Backyard Bash. I had a great time hanging with all the fellas and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. All the Donations were to be split with Billy D from Hellmutts and Steffan from Zombie performace, but Billy donated his share to help out Steffan. Steffan was very appreciative of everyone's contributions and was blown away.

Eastwood
07-31-2012, 9:31 PM
Thanks for hosting the event! Your one hell of a host/cook! Looking forward to meeting up with you all again in the future!

evobuilder
08-19-2012, 7:54 PM
but hidden. Lots of amazing builders, sick bikes, small shows, rides etc but you have to look for it. Its not like so cal, NY, AZ or florida where a chopper shop is on every corner and a bike night every night.

I am from so cal, been here 7 years and will never leave (at least, not to go back to so cal anyway)

SeaChicken
08-19-2012, 8:39 PM
but hidden. Lots of amazing builders, sick bikes, small shows, rides etc but you have to look for it. Its not like so cal, NY, AZ or florida where a chopper shop is on every corner and a bike night every night.

I am from so cal, been here 7 years and will never leave (at least, not to go back to so cal anyway)

Anybody want to meet up for a ride next weekend?

evobuilder
08-19-2012, 8:56 PM
even though I ride in the rain.... most dont.

pick a place and a time.... I will show up. Try to make it in the city so everyone can meet up.

Eastwood
08-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Sunday would work for me, wife works on sat.

Sent from my mobile interweb viewing device

SeaChicken
08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
I was a week ahead of myself was thinking the last weekend of the month. Sorry for the brain fart but my wife made it clear today that it is only the 20th.

DirtyCurty
08-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm down near Olympia, but i try to make it up for Backfire! in Ballard every month. My days off are weird (mon, tues, wed) but I'm down to meet up with any of you heads if the timing's right.

DirtyCurty
08-23-2012, 1:00 AM
That was my bad. Tried to get a group together to ride it and while I was doing that my bike blew up and it got set on the back burner. We were going to try and organize two big rides to try and get something started up here. one was the cascade loop and we were also trying to get a runs started at the stonehedge thing along the columbia to get all the guys from wa or and id involved.

THAT IS FUCKING GENIUS!!! the Stonehenge ride must happen!!! maybe we can do that on the Equinox this fall. please keep me informed!:clap for you:

Eastwood
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm down near Olympia, but i try to make it up for Backfire! in Ballard every month. My days off are weird (mon, tues, wed) but I'm down to meet up with any of you heads if the timing's right.

I would like to check that out but my wife ends up working every third Wednesday... Hopefully that will change when she starts a new job next week.

Sent from my mobile interweb viewing device!

Gore138
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
me and my boy are in shoreline and finally got our shit dialed in. whos around to ride

Eastwood
08-29-2012, 8:33 PM
Seachicken just posted a thread here in the brolodex about a ride this Saturday leaving from Burlington.

pineapplepower
08-30-2012, 9:25 PM
Dont forget the Capital Hill Climb the first wednesday of the Month http://thecapitolhillclimb.blogspot.com and of course backfiremoto!

TyArlo
09-01-2012, 8:19 PM

I'm in Seattle and I'd have to agree. It's weird, totally hidden... sort of. It's just not in your face and you don't see it on every corner. Once you start looking and talking with people it's seams like everyone is working on or got something in the works.

Backfire is fun, The One Motorcycle Show in Portland is something to look forward to. Overall the weather sucks but the few nice days we do get are super nice and the music scene is great.

Eastwood
09-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm in Seattle and I'd have to agree. It's weird, totally hidden... sort of. It's just not in your face and you don't see it on every corner. Once you start looking and talking with people it's seams like everyone is working on or got something in the works.

Backfire is fun, The One Motorcycle Show in Portland is something to look forward to. Overall the weather sucks but the few nice days we do get are super nice and the music scene is great.

Huge +1 on the music scene

Hwyman507
09-02-2012, 5:55 PM
Moved up here a few years back. I'm up in Everett. Just started riding not too long ago and I don't really know anyone else who is into bikes. Would be nice to meet some people north of the city to ride and wrench with.

Eastwood
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Anyone planning on checking this out? It's on a Friday. There was a thread about it a week ago in the main forum but it's starting to get moved down the list. Here is the thread about it: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22901

I plan on making it from Oak Harbor.
Here is the flyer.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/C_Eastwood08/400445_10151650617995715_496130837_n.jpg

Eastwood
09-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I there is a post in the events area for black mass here:
http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=511
There are some more cool flyers too. print them out, leave them in bars, daycare centers, wherever! ... Let's Get the word out!

ruckus2115
09-20-2012, 9:12 AM
check out oyster run.....maybe meet up at a bar and cruise over to Anacortes and raise some hell amongst the baggers.....kinda a semi cool event but the way i look at it is that beer will still taste the same up there.....so check out this link and lets get a place going to meet up and ride in. has to be fellow 33ers goin...
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23508

89ztrain
12-20-2012, 2:25 PM
I'm in the greater Tacoma area, always down for a ride up to Seattle!

ruckus2115
12-21-2012, 11:42 AM
any one doing the EDR from this area???? I plan to get in on this and would love a fellow rider to do the trip with.....

SeaChicken
12-23-2012, 1:42 AM
Cant do EDR because of the Navy but I am going to try and make born free if were not deployed. It would be cool to get a good crew to ride down and back with.

Wijns07
01-02-2013, 2:14 AM
We have a full on fabrication shop centered around chopped bikes, cafe racers, etc up in Bellingham, WA. We pretty much build all brands...

I make the commute from Bellingham to Everett Daily.

If anybody want to wrench on bikes...let me know. There isn't anything that we can't do.

Wijns

elJimmyG
01-02-2013, 5:33 PM
Olympia here.

rodbuster86
01-02-2013, 6:24 PM
Another one from Tacoma.

Eastwood
01-06-2013, 2:52 AM
Anyone going to the "ONE" in Portland?

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/C_Eastwood08/TheOneShow_2013_Poster.jpg

seatraveler
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Im on bainbridge island - my builder has a rad shop on the island and will make anything you want.

70's to rat rod bikes

pineapplepower
01-18-2013, 8:06 PM
found out about this last minute, but for you guys in the area check it out

helmet and tank show...

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlearts/2013/01/10/upcoming-at-the-piranha-shop-tank-helmet-saturday-january-19th/

evobuilder
01-18-2013, 8:08 PM
I'll be there. I was even looking to get some people to ride down, but no takers.

TyArlo
01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Screw it, lets ride.

dakota
02-07-2013, 6:21 PM
The ONE is this weekend in Portland... If any of you guys are going and wanna meet up for some beers let me know... three six zero 510 eight two four one....

TyArlo
02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Planning on leaving Seattle Saturday about 8 or 9am and hoping to not get wet.

Shameless
02-08-2013, 2:40 AM
Anyone going to the "ONE" in Portland?

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/C_Eastwood08/TheOneShow_2013_Poster.jpg

Headed down around 10 on Saturday.

paleface
02-08-2013, 4:06 PM
yep. im going. not till saturday morning but ill be there.

pineapplepower
02-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Not in Seattle, but none the less somethings else going on in our parts of the woods.

March 2nd Portland

http://www.thegalleryzero.com/

gonzoguilt
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Might be moving up to Lake Crescent come late April/early May.

elJimmyG
02-26-2013, 4:49 PM
Thats out by Port Angeles right?

Duffyleg
05-24-2013, 4:23 PM
Hey all, I am new on the site, and just found this thread, always looking for people to hook up with to go ride. Or say hi to at backfire here in Seattle.

AROK
05-26-2013, 3:11 AM
North Seattle reporting in.

SeaChicken
05-29-2013, 2:27 PM
Hey all, I am new on the site, and just found this thread, always looking for people to hook up with to go ride. Or say hi to at backfire here in Seattle.

If you get bored with sitting around seattle and going to the backfire theres a few of us up north that ride. Send me or eastwood a message if you want to come up.

elJimmyG
05-29-2013, 3:44 PM
Im in the Olympia area. From what I know Im the only one though.

Revelator
12-24-2014, 2:01 PM
well this is probably a shot in the dark but here goes....
I need a bike hauled to Los Angeles (Area), from Seattle area.
looking for someone who is ALLREADY coming down this way (by truck), (or trailer).
and has room for a chopper & myself. I'll pay for the fuel. (1 way), &
the beers are on me at gasser lounge (5 min from me).
okay.... and burgers afterwards (good ones).

brocrusher
01-21-2015, 9:46 AM
Thinking about moving to the area. Was wondering if anyone can suggest places to start looking for rent?

TheWhiteDevil
05-14-2015, 9:50 AM
Im actually headed that way in 2 weeks myself. Just got a house in Vancover Wa, and will be commuting alot into Tacoma Washington. Looking forward to finding some cool shit out there. Interested in any small shops out there as well as events.

apocalypsemidnight
06-14-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm in Capitol Hill. Not a lot of bikers here, but tons of great rides. Just took Hwy 2 over to Leavenworth today, then 97 down to Roslyn. 80 degrees + all day long. I generally try to stay off I-5 due to too damn many cars.

gonzoguilt
06-19-2015, 5:57 PM
The lady and I just moved to Westport a few weeks ago, we'll be around until at least the end of September. I'm always down for a ride or camping getaway.

Anyone here stall their bike at the 99 and 12 intersection a couple of Saturday mornings ago? I was a few cars back at the light while on my way to moving here.