PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Seat on a Triumph?

GRHebard
03-01-2012, 8:41 PM
i'm considering building a rigid seat for my triumph (hardtailed). i know people do it with harleys, but i havent seen it on a triumph. i'm not sure on the physics of it, but since the triumph is lighter would a rigid seat be rougher than it is on a harley?

why doesnt anyone do rigid seats? or do they, and i just havent seen it

dazegoneby
03-01-2012, 9:25 PM
they are around ,seems todays builder leans towards solos with springs,,my friend has one, it is cobra stlye looks sharp,Also i modded a sportster seat for standard frame triumph,, looks good,had to cut 3"off front and 2"off the rear of seat to fit inside the frame rails

oceanmax
03-03-2012, 5:49 PM
I had a LePera on mine for about a year. It looked good but at anything over 50 was way too much vibration. Just switching to a solo with springs made it so much nicer to ride for any distance. Looks matter but for me I want to enjoy the ride.

blackchop
03-03-2012, 6:17 PM
i run rigid mounts on alot of my builds.
depends on the seat .
yet on some bikes it doesnt matter if you put a couch on them theyll still beat the piss out of you.

TroyFab
03-04-2012, 7:35 AM
Check out the ACME site they run alot of ridged seats on there builds.

rusjack
03-04-2012, 8:24 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/1000/575/62965.jpg

image1's - i love this bike

ShovelEd
03-04-2012, 8:55 AM
I had a lepara bare boneson my rigid trump. I didnt put alot of miles on it before i sold it but i felt more in tune with what the bike was doing if that makes sense.