PDA

View Full Version : dna springer on my 100r

matix99def
03-01-2012, 5:02 PM
i was told that my 72 daytona wont take the 1 inch bearing conversions to run a springer because in 70 they changed to a smaller neck?bearing kits says up to 1970 but was wondering if maybe they changed it when they went oif but my 100 isnt oif so im hoping mine will take it. can anyone clarify this 100 percent for me please. thanks

matix99def
04-29-2012, 4:15 PM
Any new help?

Torch
04-29-2012, 6:14 PM
I'm thinking they are refering to the 650 twins when they say up to 1970, the T100's didn't change to the OIF neck they used the same front end as the 650's so it should be fine with the 1" Timkin conversion kit

matix99def
04-29-2012, 6:49 PM
well atleast it was you torch answerng. anyone else i would hesitate to listen to. thanks alot

GreaseStain
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
If memory serves it was the bearing race that was different.. I remember running into this a few years back I just measured the stock bearing race from my 72 T100R and it's just a hair over 2 1/16 inches OD, i ended up going to a local bearing shop when this happened, there was something about the "Triumph Timkin Conversion Kit" that had a diff race for the 650's ( i could have just not found the right kit mind you so take this with a grain of salt as to what happened to me) But recently I went to that same bearing shop to get an extra set of races for a T100C frame that I was making a swap to and they had no idea even though i brought in the bearing that went with it and the old stock race so I drifted out my old ones I got from them and these are the numbers on the timkin race L44610 thats just a Timkin brand bearing race that has a mathcing bearing with a 1inch ID.. I don't have the bearing numbers those were all worn away.
But I am by no means an expert on this topic I just happen to have a dreaded T100R .. ( I love my T100 but Damn are they harder to source parts for....)

Cheers,
Brandon

sukoshi
05-08-2012, 5:05 PM
you can call M.A.P. and marino well hook you up with the proper bearing set . when i built mine i was told by many that i would have to change and cut and grind to get the dna springer to work . i called him he asked what size the stem was and sent the bearing out that day ! hope this helps .