PDA

View Full Version : Look what i scored for cheap......

Brandon
12-02-2009, 8:11 PM
78 cb750 runs good but ugly as the Olsen twins. Without geetin into it ive hit hard times and had to sell 4 bikes in the last 6 months leaving me bikeless. Anyway my best bud calls me and says his brother in Ketucky jus got a wrecked Victory from auction and wanted to knoe if he wanted the cb. My buddy tells him my deal and we work a bitchin deal. My buddy is goin home for x-mas and bringing it back. Plans are clean the carbs, weld-on hardtail, chopper wire it and have fun. That what true friends are for. Ill update as i go along. Thanks for looking

soca750
12-03-2009, 12:49 AM
750 fours are awesome bikes...i got an 83 cb1100f a couple months ago but i still ride my '78 750 at least once a week. good luck man.

JayTucc
12-03-2009, 8:21 AM
Glad to hear you have a bike again. Best part is it runs so now you just have to defunk it.

Brandon
12-07-2009, 2:20 PM
This is the route im heading till i can line up a hard tail. Oh yea this is the tank i will be running.....FTF

mad750
12-07-2009, 3:26 PM
Clips ons, small headlight, big front rubber and 3 inches of travel... what's not to like!!!

Brandon
12-07-2009, 3:37 PM
Clips ons, small headlight, big front rubber and 3 inches of travel... what's not to like!!!

i have a old rectangle spot light that came off my boys shovel for a headlight. ME (6'2 260) + clip ons = not a purty sight :) Im thinking small window bars maybe 4-5Inches of rise. Found the oil tank im gona run

mad750
12-07-2009, 3:45 PM
I can have the window bars made up for you if you want for cheap. Let me know the dimensions you want and I'll work some magic.

damned
12-07-2009, 3:53 PM
Well a 750 bikes kicks ass...
Glad you got yourself a ride now mate!
Take care!

Brandon
12-07-2009, 3:55 PM
sho nuff let me get the sickle here and see where they will be comfortable and i will take you up on that. I can weld but dont trust my skills to anything structural yet

mad750
12-07-2009, 4:09 PM
sho nuff let me get the sickle here and see where they will be comfortable and i will take you up on that. I can weld but dont trust my skills to anything structural yet

Right on, keep me/us updated and let me know when you're ready for some bars.

philbey
12-07-2009, 6:06 PM
Where'd the tank come from?

Brandon
12-07-2009, 7:36 PM
Where'd the tank come from?

Its from an old aermacchi harley sprint 250

HWC
12-12-2009, 5:17 PM
Brandon,,im in VA ,,over by Roanoke,
chek out the hardtails i do
links are on my profile..
gimme a yell
hwchillbilly13@yahoo.com

cl175dave
12-14-2009, 1:01 AM
Listen to soca750. I have seen his cb750 and the 1100. I like the 750/4 better. It has more personality. He's doing a 550/ 4 next.
I got my 175 as a gift and a CM400A for $50
soca750 calls it a CM400-GAY! I guess thats what friends are for.

Brandon
12-14-2009, 1:37 PM
Of course with most sickles a change of direction has happened.. Pretty sure i have the hardtail lined up for after the first of the year, so i went to the parts stash and drug out the tank and seat i will be using. Unknown year/make vintage metal dirt bike tank. Solo seat that was passed onto me years ago off my boys shovel. Still running my fender idea thru the rusty wheels in my head. Ignore the paint on the tank its just there to keep the rust away, it has to be cleaned up

philbey
12-14-2009, 11:19 PM
That seat is cool man

jpswino
12-20-2009, 4:29 PM
Nice.....another cb in the makes.

Brandon
12-27-2009, 8:04 PM
well the bike hit the driveway about an hour ago. been in the back of a truck for a week and started on the 2nd kick. Rode it around the block a few times only pressing issue i see is to rebuild the front caliper. The rear drum works ok, so its gonna get a going over as well. Then its on to the choppin

jpswino
12-27-2009, 8:40 PM
Glad to hear its on the up and up. Keep us posted.

Brandon
12-28-2009, 7:47 PM
Im gona post this on Honda Chopper as well. I know for sure i need a clutch cable, choke cable, and some pod filters if any of yall have some sittin in the go-rage please let me know. JPSWINO im gona need some guidance from you cb guys so dont get agravated with me and my cb virgin questions :) I start tearing it down tommorow to chage valve cover gaskets, both fork seals are shot, and im pulling the caliper to rebuild it. Got some cool cheap plans for it. Thanks for looking

jpswino
12-28-2009, 8:47 PM
Not at all brother. I'll help you with what I can and the pros on hondachopper will cover everything I can't for sure.

Good looking out. Good to see more guys into the cb's.

HWC
12-29-2009, 3:39 PM
so,,Brandon,,, you still up for gettin your frame hardtailed
lemme know

wllgmr
12-29-2009, 3:53 PM
my buddy in suffolk is trying to sell an old paughco frame for your 750. its KILLER. he also has a newly hardtailed stock frame that he is lookn to sell. lemme know

Brandon
12-30-2009, 9:10 PM
Damn yall could have warned me about the rats nest of a wiring harness theses things have. Im gona have fun trying to figure this out. I want to keep the electric start on it while it still has the dual points set up. Eventually when i get the money i will put a dyna system on it and then maybe take it over to kick only. Anybody have a good wiring diagram for these things.Ill get some pics up this wekend

jpswino
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Of course I do. Got other ones too but this one is too easy.

http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/simple_wiring_diagram/simple_wiring_diagram.html

And you'll need this if you plan to use a REG/REC one piece unit off a dohc to simplify things further.
http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/reg_rect_diagram/reg_rect_diagram.html

jpswino
12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
BTW - I reccommend you strip all the old shit out. Do it carefully and you'll have all the wire you need to make the new harness. You'll just need to purchase some connectors.

DO NOT TWIST THE WIRES TOGETHER WITH TAPE!!!

Brandon
12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks thats my goal to pull it out and be able to reuse some of the wire. I soldier and heat shrink my stuff after all the roadside fixes ive lived thru with my duct tape buddy :) Is there a plug somewhere on the wires coming from the points i havent been able to find one yet.

mad750
12-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Rip that old wiring out and start fresh. I prefer to stick with the separate reg/rec but to each his own. The diagram that Jpswino is a good one to go with. It's really not that hard. Just take your time and no twist and tape methods.

jpswino
12-31-2009, 1:11 AM
Actually on the Amen I am running the separate reg and rec as well. But the late model combo unit does clean things up.

If you look on the right side of the motor you will see a sheath with wires in it running from the points.

Brandon
01-01-2010, 5:08 PM
Alright i got the harness out. I see the ground for the starter going into the cases but what is the set of pluged wires going into the cases as well?

HWC
01-01-2010, 5:14 PM
that would be your alternator/stator wires..
pull the wire cover back alittle,,should be 3 yellow wires an 1 green an 1 white wire
http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/reg_rect_diagram/reg_rect_diagram.html

Brandon
01-02-2010, 6:43 PM
Got the bike stripped down as much as i can till i get my lift back from a friend. Gona pull the front end lower it a couple inches and change the fork seals. Got the tank mocked up and gona figure out the seat/fender set up tonight.

Brandon
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I think i have the seat/fender figured out. Its gona be an inch higher and maybe an inch or two longer

Jashole
01-06-2010, 12:47 PM
GOOD SHIT! im bikeless right now too. Hopefully my friends can come through. hahah.

wllgmr
01-08-2010, 4:05 PM
did you make a deal with the guy for one of those frames?

Brandon
01-08-2010, 4:29 PM
did you make a deal with the guy for one of those frames?

Nope cant swing the extra cash right now. Scored a swingarm for free so im gona stretch mine a couple inches and lower the front for now.

Jashole
01-08-2010, 5:21 PM
Nope cant swing the extra cash right now. Scored a swingarm for free so im gona stretch mine a couple inches and lower the front for now.

good luck with that bud! i know how it is to be ona budget.

jpswino
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
If ya need some help, I've done it and can give ya what info I got.

Brandon
01-09-2010, 4:51 PM
If ya need some help, I've done it and can give ya what info I got.

Preciate it. Ive been following your build on HC. I think im gona go with a 3inch stretch, well see. I scored a swingarm from disfunctional family on HC just gotta meet up with him to get it

jpswino
01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Yep lots of good guys over there.

Keep us posted.

If I can get those damn heaters fixed, I'll be able to finish up that build. lol

wllgmr
01-22-2010, 8:22 AM
Did you leave us for HC? Whats up with this?

Brandon
01-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Did you leave us for HC? Whats up with this?

Naw man im still here. Havent got much done lately except grinding some tabs and started making my electrical box. In the middle of some heavy shit right now, gotta move so the sickle is on the back burner. Gonna get back hard on it in a few weeks.

Brandon
03-15-2010, 5:23 PM
Back from the Dead....Like said before ive been on a trainride from hell. The REVENGE RUN has put a serious fire under my kinda large ass. Anyways got the new battery box and electrical box drawn up and going to a sheet metal shop tommorow. Got the fender figured out and mocked i couldnt weld it in the rain so that will be done tommorow as well. Tank mounts figured out ( its loose in the picture but you get the idea ) couple more weeks and i should be on the road.

killtheking
03-17-2010, 9:16 AM
really diggin your build. when you stretch the swing arm are droppin the seat?

Brandon
03-17-2010, 3:11 PM
really diggin your build. when you stretch the swing arm are droppin the seat?

The swingarm is gona have to wait. Its already riding season here and im jonesin like a meth head to ride.........

wllgmr
03-19-2010, 6:58 PM
are you going to be on the revenge run? im pretty sure my trump wont b ready. guess ill have to ride the suzuki. i just got my ticket!

Brandon
03-20-2010, 12:05 AM
are you going to be on the revenge run? im pretty sure my trump wont b ready. guess ill have to ride the suzuki. i just got my ticket!

Yes we are. I was gona get up with you and the GEEKS and see what yalls plans were. Theres about 4-5 of us leaving from nags head and just goin to ocracoke to catch up with the run.

Brandon
03-29-2010, 8:25 PM
Alright after standing in the garage with a good pal who stated that he was looking for a good project i got to thinking. Still need to fab a battery tray, electrical box, rebuild brakes, completely wire this thing and im already seeing bikes screaming around town. I knew i was running out of time and remembered a guy that had a stock running kz1000 sitting in his garage. A phone cal to him and one to my buddy and a new deal was made. My buddy bought the cb750 from me and i drug home the kz. Im gona do a few small things and just enjoy this sumbitch till winter when i have time to do shit the right way. The best part is now there will be to bikes to work on this winter