PDA

View Full Version : SLC boys where you at???

ChoppyGee
12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Where's the scene guys? Is there a scene?There probably isn't one now anyways but it seems I can only find events around Bonneville and when the Vintage GP is in town. Is there swaps, rides and rough housing? I don't want to sound needy or lame as shit but i'm sick of riding by myself haha.

But if its a secret club or some shit no sweat don't want to be ask'n about fight club.

imtheslime
12-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Andy (Pangea Speed) seems like good people. I'm sure there are more. I think it's funny most people think that everybody is a MOMO up there. Utah is beautiful.

ChoppyGee
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Lived in Utah most of my life and it has every type of climate and every type of town I love it.. Even the mormons aren't very mormon anymore. Music scene is amazing which is funny(check out Gods Revolver right now, they'll blow your mind. went to school with the front man), car scene is great but,if there's a bike scene it's underground as fuck.

motoguru
12-01-2009, 11:16 PM
How have you not seen and/or heard of the Bolts Action boys! C'mon Choppy!

stevanjohnson
12-01-2009, 11:19 PM
SFK

http://sfk992.blogspot.com

ChoppyGee
12-01-2009, 11:22 PM
How have you not seen and/or heard of the Bolts Action boys! C'mon Choppy!
hahah Sorry Guru I haven't i'm a failure.

oldschoolsoldier
12-02-2009, 8:21 AM
I wouldnt say there is a scene per say. There are a couple of shops and what not but no real shows or swaps.

base733
12-02-2009, 9:05 AM
I wouldnt say there is a scene per say. There are a couple of shops and what not but no real shows or swaps.

Are there any shops doing cool custom stuff? All I ever see is the stealerships around town and those guys seem to be having a tough time in this economy. I'm sure there has to be some custom action as I've been trying to find a decent donor bike for a winter project but all the salvage yards and even ksl have slim pickins right now so some is buying up all the wrecks.

dso
12-02-2009, 9:45 AM
seems like the scene in slc is getting bigger. boltsaction and sfk992 guys are definitely helping motorcycles grow with the snowboarder guys here in salt lake, at least that's what it seems like to me.

motoguru
12-02-2009, 9:58 AM
Here Choppy, let me do all the leg work for you. If you need me to ride your bike there, let me know. Lol.

ChoppyGee
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
haha Thanks Guru its pretty sad you're across the states and you know whats happen'n and I don't. I've got a couple bikes and if you wanted to ride one there your more than welcome hah.

motoguru
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm hoping to make a trip out this winter to do some shredding on the mountains, so I will definitely take you up on that offer fine sir. Haha.

oldschoolsoldier
12-02-2009, 9:58 PM
Are there any shops doing cool custom stuff? All I ever see is the stealerships around town and those guys seem to be having a tough time in this economy. I'm sure there has to be some custom action as I've been trying to find a decent donor bike for a winter project but all the salvage yards and even ksl have slim pickins right now so some is buying up all the wrecks.

Coonyz customs in sandy 8585 state is where I go. The painter Sean is a great guy. I would stay away from Ceasers....I hate to bad mouth guys so if you want to know hit me up with a pm and I will give you the inside scope. Hope this helps.

greenslc
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Coonyz customs in sandy 8585 state is where I go. The painter Sean is a great guy. I would stay away from Ceasers....I hate to bad mouth guys so if you want to know hit me up with a pm and I will give you the inside scope. Hope this helps.

Just post it up.

oldschoolsoldier
12-03-2009, 5:18 AM
Just post it up.

Like I said if you want to know send me a pm.....

greenslc
12-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Like I said if you want to know send me a pm.....

PM sent

revmike
12-05-2009, 4:36 PM
We should plan a gathering....

SLC is in definite need of new blood. I'm busy trying to figure out sand casting so I fab some stuff. and I need to build a new fucking garage since I "lost" mine. LOL

I thought we just drank beer and dreamed of living someplace with a culture and some action.

Snowing in Bountiful, but not bad... just enough.

revmike
12-05-2009, 4:38 PM
We should plan a gathering, but not at Ceasars.... (Ceasar's Palace maybe... or is that gone now?)

~Rev Mike

revmike
12-05-2009, 4:43 PM
SFK

http://sfk992.blogspot.com
So no sooner do I say we're working on some sand casting, than I look over at the SFK992 to see them doing some beautiful casts... I'm green...

~Rev Mike

revmike
12-05-2009, 4:48 PM
Throw on my fucking jacket? Hey it's dark at 7pm.... how will I get home??? lol

I'll be there some how..... put the spikes in the tyres.

http://www.bonnevillespeed.com/fridayart/este%20flyer2.jpg

base733
12-05-2009, 7:49 PM
Looks like a good time...

oldschoolsoldier
12-06-2009, 5:27 PM
This is a bike that ceaser built and put in the autorama a couple years ago.....

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg124/glockanator/DSCN0080.jpg

he builds some of the uglist bikes I have ever seen!

revmike
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I took the bike out of the "shed" so I could test it out for Moto Monday. The battery is nearly shot and I was amazed it started under its own power. Drove it down the road (now I need my toes cut off... maybe they will thaw) and decided to fill the tank up. At the gas station I couldn't decide whether to shut it off or let it run. I decided if the battery wasn't going to hang, I should know now. Interesting decision. Because it did not hang. Of course dumbass let it idle for 20 minutes, so all the juice was probly out by the time I set off. Well 1/4 mile of pushin later, I found a steep hill and all was saved. Back home at a freezing 50 mph in the 30 zone...

So we'll see what I show up to Este in/on. I put it on the charger but it is a bitch to get to the battery. It says it charged, but I think the charger just wanted to go back inside.... ???

Have fun, I'll be there even if I have to take the bus....

~Rev Mike

ChoppyGee
12-07-2009, 4:17 AM
good luck Rev! let me know what its like i'd like to make it down at least once this winter. then i'll probably be every month when i get put on day shift

revmike
12-07-2009, 4:57 PM
good luck Rev! let me know what its like i'd like to make it down at least once this winter. then i'll probably be every month when i get put on day shift
I just tested the bike, no go on the battery. I'll just drive the ford down and wus out. Not as cold as yesterday, but still bonechillin fuckin cold. At least for Utah...

~Rev Mike

DannySLC
12-10-2009, 5:50 PM
SLC is comin up son! I was out of state for the first Moto Monday but I'm there in January. www.motomonday.com

revmike
12-10-2009, 8:00 PM
SLC is comin up son! I was out of state for the first Moto Monday but I'm there in January. www.motomonday.com
Nice, now we gots our own websiteblog. Just like the big boys sufin in Ventura or whereever the fuck they are. We'll be swillin hot chocolate and downin green jello like it was goin out of style.... them boyz 'll never catch up... ketchup.... catsup....

~Rev Mike

DannySLC
12-10-2009, 8:47 PM
Green Jello was a great band! you can also go to Andy's blog too www.pangeaspeed.com and the Bolt Action dudes rule too http://boltsaction.blogspot.com/

KawiDave
12-10-2009, 9:17 PM
Thought they were called Green Jelly

revmike
12-10-2009, 9:26 PM
Thought they were called Green Jelly
Green Jelly were Green Jellö but in utah its:

In 2001, Green Jell-O was declared the "Official State Snack" of Utah, with Governor Michael O. Leavitt declaring an annual "Jell-O Week."[6] During the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the souvenir pins included one depicting green Jell-O.[7]

revmike
12-10-2009, 9:27 PM
Green Jello was a great band! you can also go to Andy's blog too www.pangeaspeed.com and the Bolt Action dudes rule too http://boltsaction.blogspot.com/
Followin Already. thanks though getting the word out.

BoltsAction1
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
WOW. I cant believe our "Scene" was being questioned. I think our shit is pretty tight here on the Wasatch front. All previous replies seem to be directing the thread starter in the right direction.

Might want to check this page for proof (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264&page=6)

revmike
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM
WOW. I cant believe our "Scene" was being questioned. I think our shit is pretty tight here on the Wasatch front. All previous replies seem to be directing the thread starter in the right direction.

Might want to check this page for proof (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264&page=6)
I don't think there is anything wrong with the "Scene" merely that it isn't well known. This will def help. I have to admit being away for a while and coming back, I was pretty impressed at some of the stuff going on and some of the "underground" culture. A lot of it is now becoming more of an open part of the society here and that is a good thing. The comment I made, in jest of course, was meant that the scene here can rival the west coast in its own way. Where else are guys riding their bikes with snowboards on the back to the slopes in dead winter? Pretty fucking cool. I spent some time and effort years back trying to get '801' groups going and get some local pride and people seemed to want to ignore or avoid the association. I think that is ending now that there is a strong "Scene" in the 801.

Good work on the videos, and the rest of the work! Keep it up.

~Rev Mike

ChoppyGee
12-11-2009, 12:29 AM
sorry i'm not really in SLC or I would probably have noticed that something was happening with bikes. I just figure it's the closest place to me where I would find guys doing what i'm doing.

KawiDave
12-11-2009, 5:45 AM
Green Jelly were Green Jellö but in utah its:

In 2001, Green Jell-O was declared the "Official State Snack" of Utah, with Governor Michael O. Leavitt declaring an annual "Jell-O Week."[6] During the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the souvenir pins included one depicting green Jell-O.[7]

I appoligize revmike. But thanks for the history lesson, lol.

revmike
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
I appoligize revmike. But thanks for the history lesson, lol.
I live in the fuckin green jell-o state. It's I who should be apologizing! Accidents of Geography... LOL

DannySLC
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Green Jell˙ (pronounced "green jello") is a Grammy-nominated[1] comedy rock group. Originally named Green Jellö, the band changed its name due to legal pressure from the owners of the Jell-O trademark, Kraft Foods, who claimed that it was an infringement of their trademark. Despite the spelling difference, the new name and the old are pronounced identically. DUHHHH<br>http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b82K1cBLDgQ/SKyWpSF0NUI/AAAAAAAAAsE/owrW0GTWkqk/s320/333_Green_Jelly.jpg

hesh
12-12-2009, 10:28 PM
The scene is young but strong! Im in ogden and ride with two guys up here and have gone to a couple of Bolt Actions shin Digs! There all good people and they love to ride!!!!

DannySLC
12-13-2009, 1:24 AM
I know too that in the warmer months the Moto Mondays are going to turn into some cool day rides with as many people as we can get. I'm stoked.

revmike
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I know too that in the warmer months the Moto Mondays are going to turn into some cool day rides with as many people as we can get. I'm stoked.
totally agree, and great visibility at Este

revmike
12-14-2009, 10:15 AM
We need to get an intermountain swp meet going in SLC/Park City/Orem, even if it is just once/year. Unless there is something regional that I am not aware of (about 99% chance I'm not aware of just about everything...)

~Rev Mike

pangeaspeed
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
little pig little pig let me in! haha this and agnostic front cause for alarm bring back some memories haha! man so much hostility on here haha!!! i like ceaser he is a way nice dude to me. and his knuckle chop is fuckin rad! his bicycles i mean honestly who has an original ferrari bike? if you dont like his style who cares. people need to get over style boundries, who gives a shit if some dude rides a cbr 900 or a 1900 harley? they are all bikes, they are all cool in some aspect. if your occ 300 rear tire gets you jazzed so be it at least you are stoked on something instead of being negative about everything. mike as for the swap meet we for sure need to set one up, i heard tell of one that harley is involved with but i dont know what the specs are.

just for the record if you are into bikes and your a good person i am down to help out and talk to ya about bikes, and if you want to ride your bike to moto monday and you are worried about not having a chopper or what not dont sweat it as far as i am concerned everyone is welcome in our scene but thats just me, hopefully others are on the same page.

dso
12-14-2009, 11:52 AM
just for the record if you are into bikes and your a good person i am down to help out and talk to ya about bikes, and if you want to ride your bike to moto monday and you are worried about not having a chopper or what not dont sweat it as far as i am concerned everyone is welcome in our scene but thats just me, hopefully others are on the same page.

i've been able to go on a few rides with some of the locals helping the scene grow in slc and these guys were some of the nicest guys i've met. they were stoked to see you out there cruising around and made you feel welcomed. with the guys of boltsaction and andy of pangea helping the scene grow then I can't see anything but good things coming from it. i can't wait to get my bike finished for the spring moto mondays

pangeaspeed
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
dso! thanks for the kind words. i love riding with everyone out here! i havent been on a ride yet with trjj sfk and bolts crew that i wasnt smiling ear to ear the entire time! jumpin shit, burn outs, skidding, off roading haha !

DannySLC
12-14-2009, 2:25 PM
I loved my CBR!!!

revmike
12-14-2009, 4:32 PM
I love my OCC 300 rear tire. Of course, that's all I could afford - the rear tire. Had to get a loan for that!

Andy what is Harley doin? I was wondering if HOG would set something up since I think Ogden/Antelope Is are on the permanent annual HOG venue. There used to be a classic car venue in Ogden I think too, but I'm so far from the Ogden scene it's killing me, since I consider myself an Ogden boy.

I think a swap meet would be a great step. Of course, let's have a lot of fun the first year in case there isn't a second year.

LOL.

I'm sure Ceasar has forgotten more shit than I will ever know. Ive only dealt with him a couple of times. He's always nice and always a character, I do know that.

~Rev Mike

base733
12-14-2009, 5:14 PM
There is a hotrod show at the entrance to Big Cottonwood and up at Brighton sometime in the middle of the Summer. Might be able to piggy back that event? Just a thought as it has a pretty big crowd.

revmike
12-14-2009, 6:19 PM
Prob def need an established venue to piggy back off of. A FRIENDLY venue... Not sure car guys would be that enthusiastic if it bled into their reality much.... I should say SOME car guys. But what I really mean is organizers, not the car guys...

blacklistVISUAL
12-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Loveless MC and The Unlucky Ones CC out of SLC used to throw a pretty decent show/burnout contest in the parking lot behind Big Deluxe every summer --- a mixed bike and car show. I haven't chatted with any of those dudes for a few years now, though, so I'm not sure if they're keepin' it alive. But if they are, it used to be a pretty decent little gathering.
And Bo Huff throws a hell of a party every year, down in Sunnyside. I'm not a huge fan of the Rockabilly scene, but it's a good time. Bo's a bad motherfucker, he's got stories for days, and he can drink til the sun comes up. The best part is the 100 mile stretch of Spanish Fork Canyon that you gotta jam through to get there. It's usually a whole weekend gig... 2 nights, 3 days, with a car/bike show and bands the whole time.
Take a sleeping bag... and be sure to pack plenty of your hangover cure of choice, cause you'll need it.

pangeaspeed
12-14-2009, 11:48 PM
yo stone, i went to that unluckyones show this summer at witzels pawn. it was a pretty fun show. there were a few bikes there. i always mean to go to bo's show but all aways get lazy and bail out cause of the drive haha.

ChoppyGee
12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Funny story about the Huff Show. My friends and I were going to go down for the weekend. BUT we were told it was in Sunset ,Utah which is like Ogden Area so we cruise up there from Logan all geared up for a weekend of rods bikes broads and booze and when we got to sunset i called my buddy to ask where the park was and thats when we found out it was on the other side of the state...I suppose we could have just gone down but my buddies pussed out. I'll hopefully make it down next year though.

Moto Monday next month fellas? I'd like to make it down even though it will have to be in a cage.

pangeaspeed
12-15-2009, 12:28 AM
maybe next bo show all us northerners will have to trek it out there. no worries if your in a cage, that would be a long cold ride from logan.

ChoppyGee
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Evanston Actually.. i-80 for two hours on a bike. no thanks. Count me in for the jam to Sunnyside.

ibuiltmine
01-12-2011, 6:11 PM
anyhting changed in a year here?
Im thinking of moving that way from cheyenne.

DannySLC
01-12-2011, 9:54 PM
Like always:

www.motomonday.com

www.pangeaspeed.com

www.boltsaction.blogspot.com

www.gorgeouscorpseculture.blogspot.com

creaturefiend1972
01-13-2011, 2:21 PM
hey I am in SLC, there are a bunch of people that ride, I still havent made it to a Moto monday yet but I just got my motorcycle in Oct. and well kids keep me home most of the time. But we have all been down to Bo's with our hot rods but it has been years now, it gets old and I guess for some of us it's like the saying goes "it aint what it used to be" ... I hope to meet some of you all sometime. danny are you the one selling the ironhead on KSL? I sure would like to sell my DH mountain bike to afford it....

hbsteve
01-13-2011, 6:37 PM
[QUOTE=ibuiltmine;126710]anyhting changed in a year here?
Im thinking of moving that way from cheyenne.[/QUOT

when I first moved to UT I didnt notice much of a scene, but have since found a like minded soul (Brady from TWFMCO) that has turned me on to MotoMonday and such things as the SaltFlat Social and a couple of really cool dudes! It is fun to ride up to SLC from Utah county (when I get a chance) and check out all the cool bikes at the MM's and there are some cool people there as well.

hbsteve
01-13-2011, 6:40 PM
you can also check out twfmco.blogspot.com

djmfnk
01-13-2011, 6:48 PM
im from bountiful

OgdenCityMurderCycles
01-13-2011, 7:59 PM
Head north and you run into us... Good ol' Ogden.

DannySLC
01-13-2011, 9:53 PM
hey I am in SLC, there are a bunch of people that ride, I still havent made it to a Moto monday yet but I just got my motorcycle in Oct. and well kids keep me home most of the time. But we have all been down to Bo's with our hot rods but it has been years now, it gets old and I guess for some of us it's like the saying goes "it aint what it used to be" ... I hope to meet some of you all sometime. danny are you the one selling the ironhead on KSL? I sure would like to sell my DH mountain bike to afford it....

Yea thats my ironhead. I'm wanting to go a different direction all together so tell people to buy it! And come to Moto Monday no matter what!

imtheslime
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
He's not exactly in SLC but where the hell has revmike been? Anyone know? Haven't seen him on the forum in months.

SOK
04-29-2014, 2:53 PM
Hey anyone know if motomonday is still going on? Or of any other events going on in the wasatch front this summer?

DannySLC
04-29-2014, 3:03 PM
Yea Moto Monday is still going on. It just thins out during the winter months. Come hang out next month.

BoltsAction1
04-29-2014, 3:51 PM
What Danny said. I think next week will be the first time the weather will be warm enough for everyone to be down for a ride during Moto Monday. D Payne, you down?

DannySLC
04-29-2014, 4:17 PM
Yea I might unveil my new whip if the chromer gets my bars done. I'll expect to be cheered in by all.

SOK
04-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Wheres it at and what time? hopefully ill have my new setup all installed by then.

DannySLC
04-29-2014, 10:18 PM
1st Monday of every month at Este Pizza downtown. 7pm-ish. Come, bike or no bike.

SOK
04-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Sweet thanks guys I'll see you there

Allen
04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.dcthreads.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/moving.jpg

We're moving this to the Brolodex.... Stand By

fxrkingpin
01-04-2015, 4:35 PM
Anyone still holding it down in SLC? I just moved back and recently picked up an 86 FXR to start rippin wheelies on. I've been holding it down on streetbikes forever and know and ride with most everyone in that scene. Just seeing if anyone in SLC wants to start floating wheelies, earth surf and burn some rubber on "cruisers" with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVF74-KhZWo

Here's some old old footage from way back....little SLC stunts compilation. Hit me up if you wanna get together and ride, wrench or whatever when things start warming up.

I am on the search for some parts for my new FXR as well so if anyone has any local leads on parts or someone with some nohow let me know. I got big plans for this FXR