PDA

View Full Version : NYC 33rs ???

Detale
02-20-2012, 6:14 PM
Seriously NYC is supposed to be the best city in the world but it sucks for bikes in general. Between the shitty pot hole riddled roads, the cops persecution and the lack of quality shops. There is a big void here and it sucks. How many of you out there from New York City anyway? What do you think of the "scene" here as opposed to what I read about in other cities and drool for?

joeybaggo
02-21-2012, 6:49 AM
originally from just on the other side of the tappan zee bridge bike scene sucks i can hardly find anyone to ride with everyone has crotch rockets

SingSing
02-21-2012, 7:08 AM
Seriously NYC is supposed to be the best city in the world but it sucks for bikes in general. Between the shitty pot hole riddled roads, the cops persecution and the lack of quality shops. There is a big void here and it sucks. How many of you out there from New York City anyway? What do you think of the "scene" here as opposed to what I read about in other cities and drool for?

Dude Im from NYC.da Bronx. Hit me up if u wanna hit some blacktop.

felon
02-21-2012, 7:53 AM
the scene sucks in most places, nothing is like Cali. im in atlanta and its not bad but still sucks.

petemcgill
02-21-2012, 8:45 AM
I live on the Island and grew up in Queens. Lot's of douche bags on baggers and fat boys, lot's of people that are completely confused by anything different. Every once in a while someone or something cool pops up.

MIKE47
02-21-2012, 8:59 AM
You're kidding right? NYC area sucks for bike scene? Williamsburg/greenpoint has some of the hottest bikes and builders out there. Legendary builders like English Don, Indian Larry, Paul Cox, etc. Racing legend Hugh Mackie and the 6th street specials. The white knights do the east coasts best bike show (brooklyn invitational). The east coast gypsy run every summer for the last 5 years. Plenty of stuff around if you really look. The event section here is crammed with good stuff nearby. And there are plenty of good members here from the area.

2 weeks ago Walter from Kickstart did a Greasy Kulture Magazine party in Lodi and there was a great turn out. There were even guys riding in- in February!

By the way. This week here at our shop in NJ is an unfinished bike show and open house. 2nd year doing it. Last year nearly 80 people showed up to hang and check out 20+ bikes. This year we have over 30 coming and I'm sure more people. Look up the details in the event section under 47 Industries.

MadRiverMoCo
02-21-2012, 9:08 AM
you're kidding right? Nyc area sucks for bike scene? Williamsburg/greenpoint has some of the hottest bikes and builders out there. Legendary builders like english don, indian larry, paul cox, etc. Racing legend hugh mackie and the 6th street specials. The white knights do the east coasts best bike show (brooklyn invitational). The east coast gypsy run every summer for the last 5 years. Plenty of stuff around if you really look. The event section here is crammed with good stuff nearby. And there are plenty of good members here from the area.

2 weeks ago walter from kickstart did a greasy kulture magazine party in lodi and there was a great turn out. There were even guys riding in- in february!

By the way. This week here at our shop in nj is an unfinished bike show and open house. 2nd year doing it. Last year nearly 80 people showed up to hang and check out 20+ bikes. This year we have over 30 coming and i'm sure more people. Look up the details in the event section under 47 industries.

amen!!!

billdozer
02-21-2012, 9:21 AM
http://www.barmatchless.com/

Saucier
02-21-2012, 1:34 PM
Bill, psyched you dropped the Matchless link! My old lady and a bunch of friends work there, ergo I spend way too much time drinking there. I wish they had more bike stuff/memorabilia though. If I ever see you there I'll get you a pint, or 7.:cheersmate:

As far as the NYC bike scene goes, it definitely has its Legends. The brooklyn invitational is a killer time and the bikes there are so sexy you'll be tucking boner behind your waistband all weekend. There are always some cool magazine parties around that time also. A few dudes here with killer chops also, but not a quarter as many as say, cali.

-As far as the riding goes, NYC CAN EAT A BAG...ALL DAY! :asshat: Everywhere (BK,Queens,Manhattan) is ridden with potholes, some of which will definitely throw you off if you don't avert them. Thank you Mayor Bloomberg!
-Half-blind cabbies and overly spiteful women on their cell phones are far from uncommon.
-Coming from where I am in BK, it takes at least 30-40 minutes to get to some decent-good riding, like the Hutch, Jackie Robinson, Jones Beach and this is hoping you don't have traffic when you get to these areas. I'm from Maine where the riding is great even when its cold. Lived in Boston for 8 years and it only took maybe 10 minutes to get to nice nice roads.
-Also, Garage space is ridiculously expensive if your proximal to manhattan by two miles (not sure about the Bronx). Just to store it, and this is without the use of tools, will run you over $100 easy a month for a space that, even if you had the tools and machinery, would be too small to work on. I've been dying to work on my new sporty after my last one got yanked in Boston, but have no space or the funds for one, so I've just been riding year round mostly stock with a few bolt-ons (threw some Zephyr bars on last week, love em).
-I don't mind the cold but I DEFINITELY prefer warm weather riding
-ITS FUGGIN SKETCHY. Whether it be wannabe thugs or drunken hipsters wanting to sit on a motorcycle. Theft and break-ins are quite common in my hood, as are spoilt drunk 20 somethings. (I am a drunk 20 something but I earned it)
-I love NYC and the only reason I would move is for better riding/working conditions.

Well it feels great to vent!
All this being said I'm looking for riding buds! ANYONE AND ANYTIME, I'm down. Hit me up with your contacts. I live in east williamsburg (i know i know) and i like to go fast.

PEACE

Leiffireeater80
02-21-2012, 2:52 PM
Yeah the roads are shit but there's a ton of people who ride. The lack of affordable garage space is a drag, but you makes things work. Swing by Matchless, No Name, The Shop and I'm sure you'll meet some people who are down to ride.

SingSing
02-21-2012, 3:58 PM
WillyB is a pretty decent place to hang out on any givien night. You can sit on your bike on bedford and ogle the hot hipster chicks with their tight jeans n pointy shoes wearing fedora sportin spineless asshole boyfriends biut aside from that there really isnt much to do,. Lotta posers hangin round though doin the whole "look-a me im a bad azz biker" thang....I kinda subscribe to the universe thing basically...that "real" dudes will somehow gravitate towards one another and find each other. The Law Of The Universe type thing...

some1else
02-21-2012, 4:09 PM
you need to make things happen on you're own.there are no boring places only boring people.personally just riding is cool enough for me.no fireworks going off,and no clowns doing cartwheels but Im happy anyhow.just depends on how you look at life.learn it and live it

brooklynbomber
02-21-2012, 5:29 PM
I'm in Greenpoint and been riding with a few close buddies here. Once you are out of the city, the surrounding areas for riding are amazing. Jersey, NY and Penn are all awesome. Echoing Mike at 47, there are plenty of awesome events around here. There was a dude that rode from VANCOUVER to come to the Gypsy Run this year.

Brooklyn Invitational, off the chain.

Once I get my bike up and running, you'll see me zippin around. I also work in Manhattan too so I'll blowing out some ear drums in the concrete canyons.

Detale
02-21-2012, 5:29 PM
You're kidding right? NYC area sucks for bike scene? Williamsburg/greenpoint has some of the hottest bikes and builders out there. Legendary builders like English Don, Indian Larry, Paul Cox, etc. Racing legend Hugh Mackie and the 6th street specials. The white knights do the east coasts best bike show (brooklyn invitational). The east coast gypsy run every summer for the last 5 years. Plenty of stuff around if you really look. The event section here is crammed with good stuff nearby. And there are plenty of good members here from the area.

2 weeks ago Walter from Kickstart did a Greasy Kulture Magazine party in Lodi and there was a great turn out. There were even guys riding in- in February!

By the way. This week here at our shop in NJ is an unfinished bike show and open house. 2nd year doing it. Last year nearly 80 people showed up to hang and check out 20+ bikes. This year we have over 30 coming and I'm sure more people. Look up the details in the event section under 47 Industries.

There are some good looking bikes in Williamsburg sure, a few decent builders true, the events however.... what did you mention 1 in NYC. Which I missed the invitational last yer and WILL NOT miss it again this year! The event section is not "crammed" with stuff, only a few really.

I did want to go to the greasy kulture thing but couldn't and I plan on coming to the/your unfinished show unless I have to work.

The east coast gypsy run I've never heard of and will look into it. Where do they ride?

In fairness maybe I'm suffering from the grass is greener effect or cabin fever, but I just feel like there should be more interest in the big apple. The crotch rockets are the majority out there theres no disputing that one, well that and a few wall street guys on their BMW's. But as far a good folks just riding and not being douche bags, I'm not seeing them.

Where do you suggest I look?

brooklynbomber
02-21-2012, 5:43 PM
There are some good looking bikes in Williamsburg sure, a few decent builders true, the events however.... what did you mention 1 in NYC. Which I missed the invitational last yer and WILL NOT miss it again this year! The event section is not "crammed" with stuff, only a few really.

I did want to go to the greasy kulture thing but couldn't and I plan on coming to the/your unfinished show unless I have to work.

The east coast gypsy run I've never heard of and will look into it. Where do they ride?

In fairness maybe I'm suffering from the grass is greener effect or cabin fever, but I just feel like there should be more interest in the big apple. The crotch rockets are the majority out there theres no disputing that one, well that and a few wall street guys on their BMW's. But as far a good folks just riding and not being douche bags, I'm not seeing them.

Where do you suggest I look?

Beggars now want to be choosers?

You have a reason you haven't gone to the events in this area that have been listed, but complain there aren't more. Yes this is NYC, but this aint the promise land. There just isnt the space to hold so many awesome events like Cali does, you know that.

The Gypsy Run is a great thing, check it out for sure. Last year we rode probably 500 miles in 3 days within New Jersey (the starting point), into New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Camped two nights, new friends, fun stories, good times.

Also, if you can't find riding buddies that you dont feel are worthy, why don't you just get on your bike and ride? Who cares if you're with the coolest bros ever. Your bike is what brings you joy right? There are gas stations along the way, get out there man, twist the throttle and fuck the rest.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out what I'm reading.

Detale
02-21-2012, 6:47 PM
Beggars now want to be choosers?

You have a reason you haven't gone to the events in this area that have been listed, but complain there aren't more. Yes this is NYC, but this aint the promise land. There just isnt the space to hold so many awesome events like Cali does, you know that.

The Gypsy Run is a great thing, check it out for sure. Last year we rode probably 500 miles in 3 days within New Jersey (the starting point), into New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Camped two nights, new friends, fun stories, good times.

Also, if you can't find riding buddies that you dont feel are worthy, why don't you just get on your bike and ride? Who cares if you're with the coolest bros ever. Your bike is what brings you joy right? There are gas stations along the way, get out there man, twist the throttle and fuck the rest.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out what I'm reading.

You misunderstand me a bit. I'm not begging, just asking man. I ride alone almost all the time and am fine with that, sure I'd love some company but I'm OK on my own also. It's not a matter of anyone being "worthy" it's trying to stay away from pretentious dickheads or Harley snobs (last summer I rode my Honda rebel and got into more than one "incident" due to so called tough guys. I'm one of the people in Brooklyn that are actually from Brooklyn, know what I mean? This summer will be the XS so we'll see how it goes) I ride every chance I get. I should also mention I'm married with 3 little ones that take up a lot of my time so I accept my part in it too. I don't judge other bikers at all I'm not that type and I can usually appreciate any bike out there even if its not my thing.

You do however make a good point with the tight space thing, I didn't think of it that way. That Gypsy run I'll keep an eye out for it, Thanks

SingSing
02-21-2012, 7:16 PM
Heres my worthless .02 cents.....

This "Real Biker" label is really just bullzhit. Ive known quite a few "Bikers" who"ve had sweet lookin rides but somehow there was a short circuit in their "Biker Understandin" which kinda negated the claim to the "Biker" title. A title which many of em claim as their own. I will ride with ANYONE regardless of their choice of iron horse. We ALL share the same risks n thrills. I suspect fifteen minutes into a conversation any "real" Biker can more or less discipher whether someone is a true rider or a poser. The wearin of patches or studs, or flame covered doorags etc doesnt make a rider a "Biker". If YOU LOVE the ride and the wind then the Universe will just fall into place and you will find your kind of people-OR they will find you. Sorry that you had your share of run in's with the many douchebags NYC is famous for churnin out but there are a few of us out there who recognize that the love of the ride trumps the name of the glide. Maybe its a kind of mental / philosophical evolving that ultimately breeds this outlook. Or maybe its the disillusionment that comes from poundin that slab and comin into contact with two wheeled asshats. Either way Ride By Yourself and in the end "They will find YOU"-NOT the other way around. See ya round WillyB, rider!:cool:

MIKE47
02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Detale, There will be plenty of people from your area here on saturday. I'm sure you'll make some friends and get some road time with them this season.

Walters party, the timonium show last week, good swap in eastern pa last weekend, our show on saturday and another on sunday in south jersey. It's pretty hopping for february in the north east. And the summer looks good too. OK, not all in NYC but mostly within 2 hours. Hell San Diego and LA ain't that close together!

Yeah, I gripe about that socal riding and scene thing too but you know what, we do alright here if we make the effort to. Round up some friends, plan a ride and put it on the events page and people will join in. It doesn't have to be a "cool choppers only" thing. I'm even trying to organize a dual sport run this year so I can get back on the dirt bike.

And there's vintage flat track racing 2 hrs from the GWB every 2 weeks with a great country route to get there.

MidnightSpecial
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Have a similar problem in south Mississippi. All i got here is Bubba Joe who fixes Massey-Ferguson engines.

wait

Million dollar idea....tractor bike........yesssssssss

Detale
02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll take all your words in and see what happens. Maybe I could put in a bit more effort also. Other than the events page here where do you guys get your info on events in the area? And suggested sites would be great. Thanks again.

Mike where do they have flat track racing??

Singsing very well put man.

MIKE47
02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Mike where do they have flat track racing??

Cuttybackville, NY.

brooklynbomber
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Detale - I think you hit it on the head, putting effort in also, not expecting it to come to you just because you live in NYC. You are not begging per se, was just meaning that you were complaining that there are events here but not as many as you want there to be. Moving on, just be proactive and keep up on the events happening on this website. Once you go to a few of those, you'll probably hear about more through new people you meet. Last year the Gypsy Run was sort of in Tandem with the BK Invitational, there were other smal events around that time, the Indian Larry Block Party was in late September I think, so once the riding season kicks back up, there will plenty to see and do.

My buddy Leif was telling me about a bike show in Jersey in June, so shit will be happening SOON man. Keep riding though and you'll come across the kinds of people you want to ride with. They do exist :)

brooklynbomber
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Cuttybackville, NY.

And the ride to and from is fucking KILLER. The country road that this track is on is by far one of my favorites. Little to no cars, smooth, slightly winding, nearly perfect man.

billdozer
02-22-2012, 1:02 AM
Man I love riding the city. It's like combat on massive bridges and crazy assholes everywhere. Love it! But I don't have to do it everyday so that's probably why. Seems like the palisades and all kinds of nice country riding is pretty easy to get to once out of the city. Have a beer at the matchless and go on gypsy run, it'll change things for you. There are shit tons of good folks out there, they're just hard to find with all the other jackoffs blocking the view.

brooklynbomber
02-22-2012, 6:49 AM
Go on the gypsy run, it'll change things for you...

This happened to me last year. I went to the Gypsy Run and it really changed my life. Sounds corny yes, but it happened. I went to it alone, not knowing a single person there and left knowing some super rad people. I got the pleasure of riding with Billdozer and his friends as well as some really nice guys from Jersey. I showed up on a Honda Ascot, probably the nerdiest bike there (it was all I had, but I rode the shit out of it) and honestly felt really out of place, but I went. It was mainly me who felt out of place because I was riding that bike, but no one cared and in the end we all had a great time.

Being around those bikes really got me amped up and probably 2 weeks later I bought myself a Sportster. Not because I wanted to fit in, but because I fell in love with them. Everyone starts somewhere, and this was it for me. Hook line a sinker. Since then I have tried to be as active in the community as possible. You just gotta get past your comfort zone sometimes and something amazing will come out of it. Go to that show at 47 Fab this weekend, meet some cool people and just let it happen.

Flatironmike
02-22-2012, 7:06 AM
junkpile worthy thread

just sayin'

MadRiverMoCo
02-22-2012, 7:51 AM
junkpile worthy thread

just sayin'

I love this man...

MIKE47
02-22-2012, 8:32 AM
junkpile worthy thread

just sayin'

And you could meet the one and only Flatiron Mike!!!!

He's really only a jerk on the internet. He's the swellest guy in person :)

Bomber, When you were on the GR you did catch on that my blue chopper is a Honda Ascot didn't you? 2 EDRs, 4 Gypsy Runs, and a slew of other runs. The only time I get shit for my Honda is when I go to local bike night.

bonesxl1100
02-22-2012, 9:49 AM
This happened to me last year. I went to the Gypsy Run and it really changed my life. Sounds corny yes, but it happened. I went to it alone, not knowing a single person there and left knowing some super rad people. I got the pleasure of riding with Billdozer and his friends as well as some really nice guys from Jersey. I showed up on a Honda Ascot, probably the nerdiest bike there (it was all I had, but I rode the shit out of it) and honestly felt really out of place, but I went. It was mainly me who felt out of place because I was riding that bike, but no one cared and in the end we all had a great time.

Being around those bikes really got me amped up and probably 2 weeks later I bought myself a Sportster. Not because I wanted to fit in, but because I fell in love with them. Everyone starts somewhere, and this was it for me. Hook line a sinker. Since then I have tried to be as active in the community as possible. You just gotta get past your comfort zone sometimes and something amazing will come out of it. Go to that show at 47 Fab this weekend, meet some cool people and just let it happen.

Couldn't have put it better myself. last GR was my first too. Didn't know anybody either. You'll end up leaving with friends though. In fact, i met mike 47 on that run and now my Yamaha is at his shop getting work done to the frame. I'll be there this Saturday for the show. You should def make it if you can.

brooklynbomber
02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
And you could meet the one and only Flatiron Mike!!!!

He's really only a jerk on the internet. He's the swellest guy in person :)

Bomber, When you were on the GR you did catch on that my blue chopper is a Honda Ascot didn't you? 2 EDRs, 4 Gypsy Runs, and a slew of other runs. The only time I get shit for my Honda is when I go to local bike night.

Yup, I noticed you had the single cylinder. Mine was the completely stock red v-twin version. I took a few photos of that bike when it was parked in front of Cool Beans at the start.

Huero
02-22-2012, 1:57 PM
I'm "new" to the area, just coming from SoCal and realized that there is a distinct difference to the intensity of events in NY, but the comradarie seems the same. In the past few months of being here I have met some kickass people who have been willing to give plenty of local info to this NY noob and get me on the road. I'm in Cornwall (up by West Point) if anyone is heading through the area or if you're looking for a turnaround point to drink a beer and head back to the City; definitely looking forward to meeting new heads at the GR this year, though.

I think the right coast definitely needs its "Douche LaRouche" "Sinners" "Deathtraps" etc to bond all these local events together and inspire those new kids who look to CA for "the cool guys"...

Leiffireeater80
02-22-2012, 4:01 PM
Keeping in the NYC theme. I'm looking for a garage space for my bike. Greenpoint area. Let me know if you know of something.

Detale
02-22-2012, 7:47 PM
I recently went for an outdoor public storage spot. I think it was like $40 a month if you paid for 6 months. It's big enough for 2 bikes in there.

stumpy
02-24-2012, 7:42 PM
I'm "new" to the area, just coming from SoCal and realized that there is a distinct difference to the intensity of events in NY, but the comradarie seems the same. In the past few months of being here I have met some kickass people who have been willing to give plenty of local info to this NY noob and get me on the road. I'm in Cornwall (up by West Point) if anyone is heading through the area or if you're looking for a turnaround point to drink a beer and head back to the City; definitely looking forward to meeting new heads at the GR this year, though.

I think the right coast definitely needs its "Douche LaRouche" "Sinners" "Deathtraps" etc to bond all these local events together and inspire those new kids who look to CA for "the cool guys"...

Hey Huero the cool thing about where you are much like where I am in N.E.PA NY/NJ/Pa all run into each other and it is pretty decent riding and some good folks too. We could use a bit of that west coast comradarie 33ers are looking better and better!!:cheersmate:

MIKE47
02-26-2012, 7:34 PM
Upcoming event!!

May 20th. Ride to Skate at FDR skate park in Philidelphia.

Detale
02-26-2012, 8:10 PM
Looks cool, I'll make it a point to make that one. I cant seem to find an address for FDR skate park though?

Huero
02-26-2012, 8:17 PM
Upcoming event!!

May 20th. Ride to Skate at FDR skate park in Philidelphia.

Thanks Mike, I'm definitely putting in for some vacation time for this!

MIKE47
02-27-2012, 1:10 PM
Looks cool, I'll make it a point to make that one. I cant seem to find an address for FDR skate park though?

FDR PARK. Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt Park. Right near the stadiums. The park is right under The Rt.95 overpass.

Saucier
02-27-2012, 3:23 PM
I'm there! Bummed I had to miss this last year.

GreaserMike
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I live in Manhattan and have for the past 17 years. (originally from Tucson, AZ.) Yes, actually IN Manhattan. Fuhgeddaboudit!

Sure NYC doesn't have the best road surfaces (some would argue that the roads are like riding on the surface of the moon), and you need to watch out for buses, taxis, bicycles, pedestrians etc. What results is riders adapt and build bikes that make sense here. Larry, for example built bikes with very tight forks so he could carve through the insanity.

I keep my bikes in a motorcycle only parking garage here in the Lower East Side. There are dozens of them all over the city now. PM me if you have trouble locating one....or buy a REALLY good lock and expect to pick your bike up after its been knocked over 100 times.

Like Bill said, Bar Matchless (http://www.barmatchless.com/) is a great place to start as far as hangouts. They do a bike night every monday and show the Motogp races on a huge screen.

As for riding, you can hop over the GWB and take the Palisades expressway up to Bear Mountain. The ride will take you an hour and a half (each way roughly) and you'll be in the mountains. Great if you're with a girl who doesn't want to be on the back of a bike all day. (..or you don't want to be on the back of your girl's bike all day. In all fairness, I actually know a few really cute girls who ride.) Coney Island is a short run down the Belt Pkwy and youll be riding along the water the whole way. Or take the Verrazano bridge to Staten Island and hit up Royal Crown Bakery (http://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-crown-bakery-staten-island). I shit you not the sandwiches rule!

There's also a crew of us (Vander, FIM, ShovelED, McFonz, myself, and a bunch of other ppl on the forum) who live in the area and put hundreds of miles on our bikes. Hell, the weather has been so nice this winter that none of us have really stopped riding this year. So, if you don't ride like a total douche and wanna come, just ask.

If you're interested in flat track racing, ride up to any of the local tracks outside the city and see what its all about.. Feeling brave? Then come dirt track racing with myself and the Sixth Specials crew. (as Mike 47 already mentioned). You can pick up a cheap Honda 125 for under a grand and learn the skills correctly. I have a thread called Flat Track 101 (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733) in the Greatest Hits section of this forum that can get you started. There are tracks al over New York and your life will be forever changed.

Huero
02-28-2012, 3:16 PM
[QUOTE=GreaserMike;278252]
There's also a crew of us (Vander, FIM, ShovelED, McFonz, myself, and a bunch of other ppl on the forum) who live in the area and put hundreds of miles on our bikes. Hell, the weather has been so nice this winter that none of us have really stopped riding this year. So, if you don't ride like a total douche and wanna come, just ask.

QUOTE]

Hey Mike, I'm up by Bear Mountain so I'll take you up on any rides you guys go on...keep me posted if you guys head out and I'll see about meeting up. Definitely going to hit up Bar Matchless on my next ride in to the city.

Detale
02-28-2012, 8:28 PM
GreaserMike Thanks, very cool of you man. I will surely take you up on that in a few weeks when I get my XS together. I've been up to bear mountain a few times now and that is a nice ride for sure. At the top with all the bikes is the shit! Only issues I had there last summer was the motorcycle checkpoint on the palisades. Fucking Jersey highway patrol doesn't fuck around. STRAIGHT HARASSMENT!

Staten island is nice at night but you sometimes get the douche patrols out in groups wheeling and shit down victory blvd.

Whats the name of the garage you keep your bike in? Near me there are two of them 4 blocks away from each other. There's Machina and some new one I don't know the name of yet on 3rd ave. Didn't have the cash to store my bike there and as you mentioned the winter had been real kind this year. The public storage was really perfect.

Just wanted to gay it up a bit and say thanks for the posts here. It's real nice to see the city isn't full of scumbags for a change.

Huero
02-28-2012, 8:41 PM
Definitely has been good info put out here on this thread and looks like there's enough non-doucherie going on...is there a Community site dedicated to NYC 33rs? It might be a good way for commo or the old school phone calls work for me too, my 2 pesos.

Certainly looks like a run to Bear Mountain trip could be a good shake-down trip real soon, though

Detale
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
That does sound like a plan. Maybe next month weather permitting?

HRK123
05-13-2012, 7:14 PM
Somehow I missed this thread. Whenever you guys are up around Bear Mountain post up. Shit I'm up for NYC rides too. I'm setting up a basic site for the couple of guys up here that ride together, maybe I should also start listing tri-state runs and locations for all of us here, so we all know what's going on at any given time.

Detale
05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
If you know of any runs/events by all means post them. That would be a huge help to me I know and I'm sure for others as well.

Maurino17
06-05-2012, 7:03 PM
Somehow I missed this thread. Whenever you guys are up around Bear Mountain post up. Shit I'm up for NYC rides too. I'm setting up a basic site for the couple of guys up here that ride together, maybe I should also start listing tri-state runs and locations for all of us here, so we all know what's going on at any given time.

Hey Hrk,

I am in North Jersey and been riding a while, and I have a buddy who started last season.
We're looking to connect with some guys to ride.
Did you set up the site or contacts for guys in our area?

I pretty much always head up over the NJ border into NY to ride and escape the madness.

Greg