PDA

View Full Version : (dumb)question re. blogdump

losbastardos
11-30-2009, 6:22 AM
hi all, and really sorry if this topic is extensively covered elsewhere. my 'net contact time is extremely limited (at least i only spend it on the best sites, grovel grovel); hence i might have missed the right info.

i've recently started a blog for my club (to say it's loosely organised is an insult to looseness) 'los bastardos'. no we're nothing to do with silly vampire films, we had the name before any of that ( i think). i'd like to get the blog somehow involved with the blogdump, or is this a kinda exclusive deal- there's some pretty illustrious names there, i wouldn't want to 'jump the gun'.

any feedback/help? thanx in advance

have a look at the blog, the url is on my profile, you might have to cut and paste it onto your browser.

L7Josh
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
hi all, and really sorry if this topic is extensively covered elsewhere. my 'net contact time is extremely limited (at least i only spend it on the best sites, grovel grovel); hence i might have missed the right info.

i've recently started a blog for my club (to say it's loosely organised is an insult to looseness) 'los bastardos'. no we're nothing to do with silly vampire films, we had the name before any of that ( i think). i'd like to get the blog somehow involved with the blogdump, or is this a kinda exclusive deal- there's some pretty illustrious names there, i wouldn't want to 'jump the gun'.

any feedback/help? thanx in advance

have a look at the blog, the url is on my profile, you might have to cut and paste it onto your browser.

email bill@chopcult.com

billdozer
11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Lets revisit this in six months and see how you are doing with it.

kingdeadbeat
11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
....revisiting is a good idea, I've seen a lot of cats get all into the blog thing.....for a month, and then never be seen posting again.....or on the flip side, start posting every stupid thing on their mind, "Check out my Spam and eggs" or, "My dad got new carpet in his house" ...................to make a short story long, Right Bill?

AND you've only been a member on this sight for a day? Eager sum' bitch!!! lol

Toecutterp
12-01-2009, 1:06 AM
Sorry to interrupt, i just got to say toecuttershatelist@blogspot.com was the best blog spot of 2009.

billdozer
12-01-2009, 2:08 AM
....revisiting is a good idea, I've seen a lot of cats get all into the blog thing.....for a month, and then never be seen posting again.....or on the flip side, start posting every stupid thing on their mind, "Check out my Spam and eggs" or, "My dad got new carpet in his house" ...................to make a short story long, Right Bill?

AND you've only been a member on this sight for a day? Eager sum' bitch!!! lol

It's OK. Blogs are like boners, real easy to get up at first but difficult to sustain and keep interesting for the long haul. We don't edit or ask any special concessions from contributors to the 'Dump, so it's got to be curated, and I guess I'm the bad guy there. Seriously, once there is some history behind it, I'll look at it again, but it's gotta have some time behind it first no matter how good it is to start.

KeithinSB
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to interrupt, i just got to say toecuttershatelist@blogspot.com was the best blog spot of 2009.

Here is the link: http://toecuttershatelist.blogspot.com/

Ho hum

Toecutterp
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I thought it was cleaver last night.

losbastardos
12-01-2009, 2:12 PM
man, are boners for the long haul? that's me out in one lol

and yes deadbeat i am eager!

fair enough, perhaps asking for favours on my 1st day was a litle forward. suffice to say, thankyou to all for the guidance, and let us indeed see what happens. i should have learnt a few tricks over the next few months.

kingdeadbeat
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
man, are boners for the long haul? that's me out in one lol

and yes deadbeat i am eager!

fair enough, perhaps asking for favours on my 1st day was a litle forward. suffice to say, thankyou to all for the guidance, and let us indeed see what happens. i should have learnt a few tricks over the next few months.

Eager is good, I'm quite fitting to my stupid screen name, I get nothing done...EVER!!!
By the way, I read EVERY post to your blog.........keep it up, and keep it focused, if you stay on track, it will become a daily reader for many.
I try to stick to my main topic(bikes), and deviate only when I lack things to post....but I try to stay focused on the subject at hand. Also I try to post at least every three days to keep my zero readers up on fresh material.

P.S. Here is a link to my blog, I was going to submit to the BLOGDUMP also, but got a little gun-shy. Feel free to check it out and critique as needed...I've got about 315 posts...most of which blow ass...Good luck friend, and welcome aboard!!!

http://kingdeadbeat.blogspot.com/

NHMike
12-01-2009, 11:02 PM
No doubt, I checked out the blog. Looks good.

I'll never post a link to mine cuz it's ultra-high-test gey.

kingdeadbeat
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
No doubt, I checked out the blog. Looks good.

I'll never post a link to mine cuz it's ultra-high-test gey.

I just scanned through about 5 pages of your shit...mostly bikes and bitches....I can't complain thats for sure!!!, I'll bookmark it and get up to par....I'm definately a blog junkie, big time!!!

lowfiron
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Too exclusive and exclusionary for me. It's like being in with the in crowd. If you're not Chopper Dave or Matt Davis forget it.
I think I'll browse the blog sites that stand on their own.

billdozer
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Too exclusive and exclusionary for me. It's like being in with the in crowd. If you're not Chopper Dave or Matt Davis forget it.
I think I'll browse the blog sites that stand on their own.

Well, there are 29 other bloggers that contribute that aren't either of those guys. It's meant to "curated" not a popularity contest by any means.

Jashole
01-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Lets revisit this in six months and see how you are doing with it.

hahaha second this.