PDA

View Full Version : Bike Make over, let the process begin...

mad750
11-24-2009, 9:10 PM
Well, I just finished another bike and have let one of my CB's sitting in the corner waiting for a little excitement. So I let one of my boys from the crew ride it down to Slab City for the party. Upon return, I figure it was time to put some love back into it and give it a make over.

Before (it's been like this for 2 years)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/4107002370_2e58533a0f.jpg

Today (all just mocked up)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_1123.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_1125.jpg

I have a new tire hugging fender from Front St. Cycle on it's way, need to make new bars, and I'm making a new seat.

More pics to come...

Rudehog
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Gay!

mad750
11-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Yup, sure is... or in other words, non-straight!!

gravelveins
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
i have to say..it was killer before.
but i like the direction with the new tank...i would say kill the front disc..maybe throw on some kind of mini drum up front..will clean up the bars too!

just my two cents...but you're doing work son..keep it up.

imtheslime
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
What are you doing with the fender in your mock up photo? How wide is it?

mad750
11-24-2009, 10:44 PM
That fender is going. It was one of Jerry's 6" ducktail'd fender from his shovel build. I just ordered a fender from Craig from Front St. Cycle and it'll hug the tire perfectly.

imtheslime
11-25-2009, 11:14 AM
That fender is going. It was one of Jerry's 6" ducktail'd fender from his shovel build. I just ordered a fender from Craig from Front St. Cycle and it'll hug the tire perfectly. Gotcha, I was sniffing around for a fender for my shit-heap.

HWC
11-25-2009, 1:32 PM
does craig hav any fenders ready to ship?
ordered one awile back,,took like 3 months to get it

mad750
11-25-2009, 1:41 PM

Honestly, I have no idea if he has any in stock right now.

bigdaddy
11-25-2009, 3:38 PM
i like what you're doing. the bike looked good before the tear down, but i am really liking that new tank on there. keep on wrenchin'.

mad750
11-26-2009, 10:07 AM
New fender, new seat, new bars and maybe a different sissy bar are all on their way. Stay tuned...

born2boogie
11-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I have that tank, too. If you wanna get rid of them bars, I'd love to buy em.

Rudehog
11-27-2009, 1:57 PM
B2B If you want some bars like those there's a guy on the board here "Crownmotorz" he made those bars and could make you what you wanted pretty reasonable.

mad750
11-27-2009, 3:28 PM
I have that tank, too. If you wanna get rid of them bars, I'd love to buy em.

Yup, CrownMotorz made the bars for me and we'll be making a new set for the make-over. I will, however, be keeping the set that is on there now but I know he can whip a pair out in no time. Let me know or contact Brock @ CrownMotorz.

dirtyd
12-01-2009, 8:58 AM

Man, thats scary, I ordered a couple from him like a month ago, and he still is saying no ship yet. Fuck, I wish I knew that before I ordered.

mad750
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Man, thats scary, I ordered a couple from him like a month ago, and he still is saying no ship yet. Fuck, I wish I knew that before I ordered.

I've been chatting with Craig back and forth thru e-mail and just got one last night telling me my fender, that I ordered last week, will be here next week. So far, so good.

TheGreatBeast
12-01-2009, 1:57 PM
it may take a little while for a fender from Craig, but they are worth the wait for sure

dirtyd
12-02-2009, 8:26 AM
I've been chatting with Craig back and forth thru e-mail and just got one last night telling me my fender, that I ordered last week, will be here next week. So far, so good.

yeah well thats what he told me too, twice already. Im sure its cool if some ones is building a personal ride and is in no hurry to meet a deadline or something, but in some cases there are time frames that are being met. In those instances, when someones word is given, as in Craig saying a certain time frame. Personally I take a man at his word. and plan accordingly. Unfortunately im ass out on this. But I guarantee it wont happen again, I could give fuck all if the fenders were made out of gold with a built in ass vibrator. fuck me once shame on you fuck me twice shame on me. its simple really, give an accurate account of the time its gonna take to get the part. and then meet that time frame, not some lame excuse oh I got busy ?? what the fuck like the order for parts wasnt part of the business?? sorry to go this direction but i get worn out by guys always saying , its worth the wait. hmm I wonder sometimes. sorry to semi jack the thread good luck getting your fender anytime this millennium. ive got two and some bars still waitin.

just a closing thought ? what if by chance pay pal wasnt paid til shipped parts were on their way, you think parts would come faster ? just a thought.

philbey
12-08-2009, 6:27 PM
That new tank is mad, I wonder if I can chop up my spare to get that look...

mad750
12-09-2009, 2:44 PM
New seat, now I'm just waiting on the fender to finish it all up.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6030311.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6030310.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6080317.jpg

mad750
12-09-2009, 2:50 PM
Craig just welded up like 32 fenders this past sunday so hopefully everybody will get fenders before X-mas.

Brandon
12-09-2009, 6:45 PM
New seat, now I'm just waiting on the fender to finish it all up.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6030311.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6030310.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P6080317.jpg

I really dig those seats. Im liking where this re-do is going. I ran one for a while on one of my sporties.They are really not that bad on long rides either. I stopped and bought a "mexican" blanket from a truck stop on a 7 hour straight ride and put in over mine and it helped. Yours looks to be a lepera mine was a justifed defiance cheappy. Oh and thx for the new screen saver

Danisdead
12-10-2009, 1:34 PM
Bike is looking really good.

burntclutch
12-10-2009, 2:04 PM
That new seat is badass, bike is too

xharleyx
12-10-2009, 2:09 PM
man, what kind of air cleaner setup is that?

that would look real nice on my xj

mad750
12-10-2009, 2:32 PM
man, what kind of air cleaner setup is that?

that would look real nice on my xj

The air cleaner is called a breadbox.

xharleyx
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
The air cleaner is called a breadbox.

did a quick search on the web and couldn't find anything. what are they off of?

mad750
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
did a quick search on the web and couldn't find anything. what are they off of?

To be honest with you, I've never seen them on any other bike besides a CB750.

revmike
12-11-2009, 1:32 PM
What frame is that? I still gotta make up my mind what to do about a frame - hard tail, have one made, or wait around for an antique. Looks like Cycle X is out of stock on frames. Cycle One is doing some good stuff... I prob better hurry up before everyone stops messing with old Honda stuff.

~Rev Mike

mad750
12-11-2009, 1:56 PM
What frame is that? I still gotta make up my mind what to do about a frame - hard tail, have one made, or wait around for an antique. Looks like Cycle X is out of stock on frames. Cycle One is doing some good stuff... I prob better hurry up before everyone stops messing with old Honda stuff.

~Rev Mike

Hey Rev, the frame on the make over bike is an old C&G frame from the 70's and the one in the back with the black tank is a CycleX Boxer frame.

I've learned that the C&G frame that I have is a little more sought after because it has a stock rake. Most C&G frames that you see have the rake to them.

Cycle one frames, what I hear, are top quality. Plus, their good people to deal with.

revmike
12-11-2009, 2:17 PM
Hey Rev, the frame on the make over bike is an old C&G frame from the 70's and the one in the back with the black tank is a CycleX Boxer frame.

I've learned that the C&G frame that I have is a little more sought after because it has a stock rake. Most C&G frames that you see have the rake to them.

Cycle one frames, what I hear, are top quality. Plus, their good people to deal with.
Cycle One def seems to have their shit in one baggie. I think I just missed an All Souls Chopper frame by a couple days. Prob hit up Cycle One and then just keep my ear to the ground for a classic. Not like we don't all end up with enough parts for 2 or 3 bikes.... gotta love the UJM...

~Rev Mike

mad750
12-12-2009, 10:56 AM
RevMike and Brandon,

here's a link over to hondachopper.com talking about Cycle One's new hard tail. Looks pretty sweet in my opinion.

http://hondachopper.yuku.com/topic/26860

Brandon
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
RevMike and Brandon,

here's a link over to hondachopper.com talking about Cycle One's new hard tail. Looks pretty sweet in my opinion.

http://hondachopper.yuku.com/topic/26860

thanks ifound that yesterday. Also found the Tigman weld-on thread. I think im gona go with the Tigman hardtail looks a little more "classic". The cycle one is super nice just a little to modern looking if that makes sense. Thanks

dirtyd
12-12-2009, 7:11 PM
man I'll tell ya what tig man makes some sweet stuff, he just did a back half on a 78 750 twin ,and its perfect man, and classic looking too , good luck .

cl175dave
12-14-2009, 1:09 AM
I thought it looked better before, but its not my bike. I say go for it! Are you trying to change the whole look of the bike or just adjust some things?

HWC
12-19-2009, 7:26 PM
he just wants new shit to fondle an play with...lol

hey dude,,u gettcha fender yet??

Rudehog
12-19-2009, 8:53 PM
Like I always say......Bikes are like Barbies,you get bored and you gotta dress the bitch up in sumtin different!

mad750
12-19-2009, 9:35 PM
i need my fender!!!!

mad750
12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Yup, you guessed right... still waiting on the fender. Hence no real updates.

Since it's gonna take who knows how long, I'm gonna clean up a bunch of stuff. Clean up and paint the trees, clean up the wiring, clean the motor, sent my handle bars to get chromed, etc...

Thank goodness that I have other bikes to ride cause if this was my only one, I'd be pretty pissed about the fender.

jpswino
12-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Yep Cycle One makes tippy top quality. I know Red and Kate personally and have seen their work on more than one ocaison. They are now in the United States as well making their stuff American made and no borders to cross.

If any of yall are interested in vintage frames, I've got an Amen Savior that has fresh wrinkle black powder on it. Comes with the rear suspension hardware and a MI title. Asking $600 plus shipping.

If you are interested I can get you pics of the frame as a fully built bike. I traded another bike for the bike and am now selling it off piece by piece.

dirtyd
12-29-2009, 8:27 AM
Yup, you guessed right... still waiting on the fender. Hence no real updates.

Since it's gonna take who knows how long, I'm gonna clean up a bunch of stuff. Clean up and paint the trees, clean up the wiring, clean the motor, sent my handle bars to get chromed, etc...

Thank goodness that I have other bikes to ride cause if this was my only one, I'd be pretty pissed about the fender.

welcome to club bend over and wait for fender

jpswino
12-29-2009, 9:01 AM
This is starting to sound like a Kool Kraft story.........

mad750
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
This is starting to sound like a Kool Kraft story.........

Word of advise... DON'T DEAL WITH KOOL KRAFT!!!!

Craig might take 3 months but you'll eventually get your goods but with Kool Kraft you'll NEVER get your shit!!!

jake
01-05-2010, 9:46 PM
did you get your fender today? yeah everything ive read about koolkraft says that guy is a total doucher delux.

dirtyd
01-05-2010, 9:50 PM
Koolkraft, or anyone else who is a grassroots part maker, that says one thing and then dosent keep to his word is a as you say "total doucher delux" even allowing for some unforseen "shit happens moments" some guys take the ill get to you later, to the extreme. But I think thats all i'll say on that.

revmike
01-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Yep Cycle One makes tippy top quality. I know Red and Kate personally and have seen their work on more than one ocaison. They are now in the United States as well making their stuff American made and no borders to cross.

If any of yall are interested in vintage frames, I've got an Amen Savior that has fresh wrinkle black powder on it. Comes with the rear suspension hardware and a MI title. Asking $600 plus shipping.

If you are interested I can get you pics of the frame as a fully built bike. I traded another bike for the bike and am now selling it off piece by piece.
Shit just picked up a vintage hardtail. Drove to denver and picked it up. Gotta figure out where it came from though. Excellent built in axle plates with a weird built in sissy bar mounting holes above the axle plates.

Looks good, although I'm having too much fun riding the damn thing to change the frame... he he

~Rev Mike

dirtyd
01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
damn it Mike you went to Denver and didnt tell me, we coulda grabbed a burger or some shit like that . Cool find man !!! post up some pics , start a thread , some shit like that . right on man.

mad750
01-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Come on Rev!!! You can't make a post like that and NOT post a pic!!!

mad750
01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh BTW, still no fender or communication from Craig.

dirtyd
01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
+ 1 on that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worse than a saturday nite stripper, all tease but no put out ! PICS!!

dirtyd
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Oh BTW, still no fender or communication from Craig.

That Blows monkey nuts !

FrontStCycle
01-08-2010, 4:09 AM
I do appologize for it taking so long. i'm slated to have it in my hands today. Will get it shipped ASAP! You will not be dissapointed in the quality!

revmike
01-08-2010, 8:00 AM
damn it Mike you went to Denver and didnt tell me, we coulda grabbed a burger or some shit like that . Cool find man !!! post up some pics , start a thread , some shit like that . right on man.
We were on the road for 36 hours, trying to beat the weather, from Salt Lake to Denver, spent the night in Glenwoody... I think we were in town a grand total of 45 mintues ;)

Okay, pics this afternoon. Frame and a GME tank that needs some work....

~Rev Mike

mad750
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I do appologize for it taking so long. i'm slated to have it in my hands today. Will get it shipped ASAP! You will not be dissapointed in the quality!

Thanks for the email and the update on here.

revmike
01-09-2010, 1:39 PM
Okay, here are the posts of the frame. It is massive and well built. The axle plates must be signature they are so massive and they are well contoured. Although much of the contour is very solid bondo. Unfort some of the bondo has been sanded down to verify what it is... no biggy.

Not sure the battery tray is original. I THOUGHT the sissy bar bungs were original but I noticed they are off center and not symmetrical. The quality of the frame says there is no way they would have skimped on the bungs. I may use them.... ???
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1940/12327.jpg

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1940/12328.jpg

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1940/12329.jpg

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1940/12330.jpg

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1940/12326.jpg

mad750
01-09-2010, 3:31 PM
Rev,

That's a C&G frame just like mine!!! NICE SCORE!!!

They came in two rakes, one in stock (like mine) and one that was several over. It's a solid frame!!! Have fun with it!!

revmike
01-09-2010, 5:01 PM
Rev,

That's a C&G frame just like mine!!! NICE SCORE!!!

They came in two rakes, one in stock (like mine) and one that was several over. It's a solid frame!!! Have fun with it!!
I think I saw a couple C&G that I liked, prob stock. I stopped looking for a particular brand though. This is def well over. I'm guessing 6 over. Gotta find some neck cups. Thanks, it IS a beauty and fucking ROCK solid. Serious metal. Going to be interesting

mad750
01-09-2010, 5:57 PM
I think I saw a couple C&G that I liked, prob stock. I stopped looking for a particular brand though. This is def well over. I'm guessing 6 over. Gotta find some neck cups. Thanks, it IS a beauty and fucking ROCK solid. Serious metal. Going to be interesting

I've heard from the guys over on HondaChopper that the stock rake frame, like mine, are a little harder to get a hold of...

Your build has a nice base to start off from now... GET SOME!!!

mad750
01-11-2010, 5:35 PM
I'm at a lost for words on my fender...

Custom & quality should be accompanied with communication.

revmike
01-11-2010, 6:06 PM
I'm at a lost for words on my fender...

Custom & quality should be accompanied with communication.
Bro, I have a fender off an 81 XS650 in a box in the shed. It's your's, I'll even over night it to you....

Custom and quality are nothing without DELIVERY....

mad750
01-11-2010, 6:11 PM
Bro, I have a fender off an 81 XS650 in a box in the shed. It's your's, I'll even over night it to you....

Custom and quality are nothing without DELIVERY....

Thanks Rev but one of the boys has one that I'll use till it gets here. Wanted to finish because the ChoppaHead crew is coming in to hang/party and film us next week.

revmike
01-11-2010, 6:34 PM
Thanks Rev but one of the boys has one that I'll use till it gets here. Wanted to finish because the ChoppaHead crew is coming in to hang/party and film us next week.
Thanks god! You wouldn't want that ugly piece of shit on your bike.... But hey, it's the best I got... Well, I have an original new model Indian fender in the plastic.... but I'm not saying it's any prettier than the Yamaha.... just new. LOL

Good luck. If it was sunny I would ride down and check it out...

mad750
01-11-2010, 7:03 PM
If it was sunny I would ride down and check it out...

You're more then welcome anytime to come down and kick it with me and the crew... anytime.

revmike
01-12-2010, 3:19 PM
Okay, we need more pix... show us something!!

I was showing my wife some cool CB750 cafes on the net. I asked her what she thought of one, she said "I don't like it." Really? sez I, how about this one?
"Don't like it."

Now my wife is all about hip and cool and not really all that Olde Schoole.. So I showed her one more.... hey baby, how about THIS one.... "No, I told you I don't like those?"

REALLY? Why not?

"Because, you just spent a SHITLOAD of money on a chopper frame, you're building a FUCKING CHOPPER, not one of those... "

Oh, duh, the light came on....

Hope fully the rear wheel is done this week and we'll start up a thread for the building.... scary, I don't want to loose my croch rooket....

~Rev Mike

mad750
01-12-2010, 6:18 PM
Been emailing back and forth with Craig and all is good. Should have my fender shortly!!! He's just a busy guy pumping out some awesome sickle parts.

mad750
01-12-2010, 6:19 PM
I don't want to loose my croch rooket....

~Rev Mike

No one wants to loose their crotch rocket!!!!

BTW, I traded my drags pipes for 2 into 1's but now I'll have to relocated my kick stand... no big deal, the tank is painted a Camel metallic which the fender will match and got my bars back from the chromer.

Pics later.

revmike
01-13-2010, 9:54 AM
Two things:

What pipes did you go with? I'm sure 2 > 1 will be a little more HP.

Also does Craig have a site with pix of his work? This must be one awesome fender, is there a built in bottle opener?

mad750
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Craig actually has a nice blog. He does some wicked bars, wheel covers, jewelry, fenders, etc...

www.frontstcycle.blogspot.com

You've seen his product even if you don't know it.

I'll take some pics today of the pipes, paint and bars. Heading out to the garage right now.

mad750
01-13-2010, 2:54 PM
As promised, a little update pic. Chromed bars, new pipes, paint and somewhat where the sissy bar will be. Nothing exciting.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P7130320.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P7130319.jpg

... and a quick before pic

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_0613.jpg

... and a quick before, before beginning pic from several years ago.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P1010061.jpg

... and a self shot just because on the way to Slab City.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_0043-1.jpg

revmike
01-13-2010, 7:47 PM
As promised, a little update pic. Chromed bars, new pipes, paint and somewhat where the sissy bar will be. Nothing exciting.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P7130320.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P7130319.jpg

... and a quick before pic

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_0613.jpg

... and a quick before, before beginning pic from several years ago.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/P1010061.jpg

... and a self shot just because on the way to Slab City.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_0043-1.jpg
Looks GREAT, man. really good. I have to admit for a sec I was looking at it and I thought, you cant run that seat without a fender... ha ha sorry bro.

~Rev Mike

philbey
01-13-2010, 9:21 PM
hey mate how much meat did you take out of that tank, you've obviously sectioned the width and length?

mad750
01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
hey mate how much meat did you take out of that tank, you've obviously sectioned the width and length?

It's a new alien tank. I didn't want to mess with the original tank.

Jashole
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
dam. it looks pretty fucking dope. im feelin the colors. keep it up bro.

mad750
01-20-2010, 5:52 PM
UPDATE:

Fender finally arrived today. No pics cause I'm sick as a dog but the next picture update will be of the finished product. Should be done by next week.

Stay tuned.

Jashole
01-20-2010, 5:58 PM
UPDATE:

Fender finally arrived today. No pics cause I'm sick as a dog but the next picture update will be of the finished product. Should be done by next week.

Stay tuned.

awww mann... hahahah keepin us on our toes.

dirtyd
01-21-2010, 12:34 PM
WOW ! finally got your fender after all this time... I guess thats good huh. good luck.

Jashole
01-21-2010, 1:11 PM
thats a baby tank u got there. haha it looks pretty cool tho

crownmotorz
01-22-2010, 6:09 PM
hey man your shit is looking goooooood..... those bars look amazing in chrome.. thanks for the props. hopefully i can get out on wednesday and the weather wont be shitty!

rukwikenuf
01-26-2010, 5:16 PM
i'm totally digging the new look. too bad about the Front Street wait. i waited three times. once for my first fender, then for the spun oil tank halves, then for the second fender

revmike
01-28-2010, 8:26 PM
I looked at those fenders on line. Gotta admit, I wanted one as soon as I saw it.

They might want to just post a wait time that they could have some time to work in. Say 1 week for a fender (yeah you wish). But that might help clear up expectations and give them a deadline they can work with... of course I should just PM this to them...

turtle
01-29-2010, 8:09 AM
I don't like the tank but I'm old so......but the bitch bar is so cool where did you get it?

scottylook
01-29-2010, 8:42 AM
Hey, I have been looking for a seat like that. What do they call those kind of seats? I gess I could make the pan and have it covered but Im kinda wanting an old vintage one for my scoot.

Scotty

revmike
01-29-2010, 9:47 AM
Hey, I have been looking for a seat like that. What do they call those kind of seats? I gess I could make the pan and have it covered but Im kinda wanting an old vintage one for my scoot.

Scotty
Yeah, I'm thinking with all this seat how to on CC that I might just try to make my own, of course, before I buy one from someone who actually knows how to do it. Hey, what the heck, making it is what it's all about.

There are a couple places on line that sell foam for automotive seating, etc. Small quantities too. Seems like there is one in Ohio, have to go back and check my bookmarks...

~Rev Mike

rustrocket84
01-29-2010, 9:52 AM
You can use the cheap closed cell foam that they sell at Wal-Mart or some other retailer for camping bed rolls. If that doesn't suit you depending on how much you need and all I have a good contact that sells scraps from his upholstery business.

revmike
01-29-2010, 9:56 AM
You can use the cheap closed cell foam that they sell at Wal-Mart or some other retailer for camping bed rolls. If that doesn't suit you depending on how much you need and all I have a good contact that sells scraps from his upholstery business.
Are the scraps the same type stuff? When I was shopping, I realized there is a lot of difference between the support of seating foam vs the best you can get at joanns or Walmart. If the scraps are higher density foam, I'd be willing to throw some cash his way.

SMChewy
01-29-2010, 8:01 PM
Keyston Bros. It's a upholstery supply place. They have a bunch of locations. Even one in SLC Rev. Good quality stuff, and they have multiple density foams. I've used a couple different ones from them. Cuts like butter with a turkey carver. They even have a closed cell stuff you can use as a top layer (thin stuff) if your cutting skills aren't super smooth, or you just got shaky hands. Also works good if your covering it with cloth. Tack the thin stuff to your cloth, then stretch and wrap. Also have vinyls, real leather, wind lace, piping, tools. Everything upholstery! Hope that helps guys.

SMChewy
01-29-2010, 8:05 PM
www.keystonbros.com

You can shop online. But as with any upholstery, it is best to go into a location so you can physically feel the materials you are buying so you know it is what you want. I seem to remember they even have a specific motorcycle seat foam.

revmike
01-29-2010, 9:07 PM
Thanks Bro. So the one in SLC is a wholesale shop. So they sell individual quantities? I see a lot of stuff in the catalog I can use. Great find. Thanks

SMChewy
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks Bro. So the one in SLC is a wholesale shop. So they sell individual quantities? I see a lot of stuff in the catalog I can use. Great find. Thanks

They say that cause they are like a distributor. It's still fabric and such. You buy it by the yard. Some fasteners and accessories only come in lots of 50 for example, but it's usually cause they are so small 1 is like 20 cents. If you go in and they ask you what shop your with or something, just say cash sale, I'm paying the tax. The one in Denver has never had a issue with this. It's just if your a shop (resale) they won't charge you tax. If you have a business license you can just sign up for an account with them (it's free, even if not a upholstery shop), but I have never had to. I used to manage high end car stereo shops, that's how I came across them. If they give you any shit, look in the phone book, pick a auto upholstery place, and just say you work "with" them, but it's for something you are doing on the side for yourself, that's why you want to pay the tax. I had one friend who had to do this at another supplier in Denver. But after that I never went back to that place cause I found these guys, and they had better stuff, never gave me shit, and were closer. So it shouldn't come down to that.

turtle
01-30-2010, 2:05 PM
I buy them 12 for 10.00 on ebay

crownmotorz
01-31-2010, 12:57 AM
enough about the seat and where to buy the material to make a seat, and crying about a guy who sells shit but has to wait for homeboy to make so he can ship it.

LETS GET SOME UPDATE PHOTOS!!

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 2:20 PM
enough about the seat and where to buy the material to make a seat, and crying about a guy who sells shit but has to wait for homeboy to make so he can ship it.

LETS GET SOME UPDATE PHOTOS!!

Your kinda preachin to the choir bro. The people talking about seats and supplies can't post pics of someone else's progress. And the whole purpose of sites like this is to share resources and ideas. Exactly what we are doing. In case you didn't know. Cool your jets man, that's what this site is for.

mad750
01-31-2010, 4:05 PM
First off CrownMotorz is my homie so before anyone jumps in and starts a flame-fest on him you can stop right there.

I could give a fuck if you post on this thread about fabric, seats or hair curlers but if you really wanted share to the whole Chopcult community you could have started your own thread but in the end who really cares... it's the fucking internet.

So back to the original thread. I will have updated pics of the finish "make-over" within the next week or so.

Until then keep on keeping.

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 5:53 PM
First off CrownMotorz is my homie so before anyone jumps in and starts a flame-fest on him you can stop right there.

I could give a fuck if you post on this thread about fabric, seats or hair curlers but if you really wanted share to the whole Chopcult community you could have started your own thread but in the end who really cares... it's the fucking internet.

So back to the original thread. I will have updated pics of the finish "make-over" within the next week or so.

Not trying to start shit at all. Thought someone else was bro. We have no clue you two are homies and he was just giving you shit. Not trying to start anything other than keeping this place cool for everyone. Take care.

mad750
01-31-2010, 6:01 PM
No problem. Just didn't want others jumping in.

Thank you by the way for the info you've posted. It could come in handy in the future.

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 6:07 PM
No problem. Just didn't want others jumping in.
I hear ya. And I agree. There should have been another thread started. I was just trying to help em out. I'll admit I'm a smart ass, and I can get long winded. But either way will keep checkin this thread. Wanna see this bitch finished! Good luck my man.

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 6:08 PM
BTW. Your boy's pan looks ill. You need to get on his ass about posting some pics of his ride!

mad750
01-31-2010, 6:12 PM
BTW. Your boy's pan looks ill. You need to get on his ass about posting some pics of his ride!

You should see the other rides that Crownmotorz have... it would blow your mind.

mad750
01-31-2010, 6:13 PM
I hear ya. And I agree. There should have been another thread started. I was just trying to help em out. I'll admit I'm a smart ass, and I can get long winded. But either way will keep checkin this thread. Wanna see this bitch finished! Good luck my man.

I'm just protective of my crew. Meant no harm just trying to keep things in check before things got out of line.

It'll be done as soon as I can get a minute to work on it.

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 6:14 PM
You should see the other rides that Crownmotorz have... it would blow your mind.
Well shit Crown! Post some pics bro! Share the love if you will.

revmike
01-31-2010, 6:31 PM

Well it IS a "make over" thread.... here's my favorite brand...

http://www.mvullophoto.com/resources/Hair+curlers+2.jpg

~Rev Mike

SMChewy
01-31-2010, 6:31 PM
I'm just protective of my crew. Meant no harm just trying to keep things in check before things got out of line.

It'll be done as soon as I can get a minute to work on it.

Always look out for your boys! And I'm right with you. Started tacking my pipes a week ago and still haven't had time to finish them, or my other projects. Hope I can get this thing done before it's nice enough here to ride. Only day I had was yesterday and had to go get a few things at the big swap here.

mad750
02-11-2010, 5:26 PM
Well, finally found some time last night with my buddy to finish up the fab work. Been busy trying to get my new company off the ground. Still need to finish painting/clearcoating the fender and rejet but that's about it. I think I'm gonna put a triangle headlight on but no rush on that.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_1347.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_1348.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/IMG_1349.jpg

I'll take better pics once painted and pretty.

Brandon
02-11-2010, 7:44 PM
Much better MAD that thing looks straight outa the 70's definately one of my favorite cb's. On a side note if thats the same brake light my boy has.....get some extra bulbs, He hates that thing, i bet it blows a bulb once a week. It dont like vibration very much

mad750
02-12-2010, 2:48 PM
Yeah, I had a cluster of LED lights and they blew out so I just put a regular dual filament in there and surprisingly enough, hasn't blown yet. I usually do carry an extra light when I take road trips but here in town I don't worry so much

SMChewy
02-12-2010, 4:26 PM
Comin along nicely. You stickin with the copper color?

mad750
02-12-2010, 4:47 PM
Comin along nicely. You stickin with the copper color?

As of right now I'm gonna stick to the same color. I'm just gonna ride her since I haven't been on her for almost a year and that was the reason for the make over.

SMChewy
02-12-2010, 5:05 PM
I had a buddy with a old mini truck that color. Looks good striped w/ black and white. Keep up the good work bro.

mad750
02-12-2010, 5:15 PM
I had a buddy with a old mini truck that color. Looks good striped w/ black and white. Keep up the good work bro.

Thanks man.

Now I have a shovelhead project in my sights... stay tuned.

Brandon
02-13-2010, 4:48 PM
Thanks man.

Now I have a shovelhead project in my sights... stay tuned.

uh oh...you moving into the v-twin world. Now you and Dragon can be friends again...Jus kiddin.. Is it a alt or genny so we will know what to change your name too MAD74 or MAD80 this shit is important....Well maybe not, but i sure would like to see your take on a shovel. Get Busy Son