PDA

View Full Version : Whos west of the Twin Cities???

SMChewy
01-28-2012, 5:40 PM
What's up everyone. Just trying to get a idea of how many Cultist are in the new area I'll be moving to. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Cory. Me and my brothers in Denver run the 2 Wheel Fiends blog. I am taking a job transfer that is moving me to the Minneapolis area. I found a nice place out in the country with a heated garage for my winter building fun, and was just looking for some new people to ride with when the weather picks up out here, or to wrench with in the mean time. My old lady is from the area and knows tons of people, but all her friends' husbands/boy friends are douche bags that I really don't like too much. I will be a little out there in Waverly. I also have a couple welders, and lots of tools if anyone needs a extra hand. I'll be moving out that way the first week in March, and it looks to be a pretty permanent thing. So where are the chopper freaks out west? What else is fun to do out here (preferably moto-related). I've heard about the Bearded Lady show, and will be checking that out. Just trying to get the general scoop on the area. Thanks gents.

flourman
01-29-2012, 9:08 AM
I'm south and east of the twin cities in Hastings.

Carmen34L is on the north side.

Fun things to do is to pick on the weekend warriors that come out en masse come May. Ride fast and go to the chopper shows around. More and more small chopper shows are picking up.

Carman34L
01-29-2012, 9:49 AM
Hey, I am in White Bear Lake which is just north of St Paul. There are some great shows and things to do.

Bearded Lady is a good one, that is in June I think?
Full Tilt is about the same time, that is put on by Zac Doom of Heavy, he is a St Paul native as are a few of the contributors for Show Class.
Union Speed has a good Hot rod and Chopper show.
LowBrow is a show in Northfield that has mostly Rat Rods, but also welcomes custom bikes. NO CHROME HOGS.
Scooter Trash is in the Fall, which is beyond reckless. Good times for sure.

If you need any help with the relocating let me know. I work my own schedule and can help out as needed. I also have a full shop. Waverly is not that far.

SMChewy
01-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Awesome. I knew there had to be a couple out here. Hoping to have the 75 done by this summer, but if not I got a twinkie to ride also. I knew Zach was from the area, met him at the Dice party in Des Moines, and he seemed like a good cat. Like I said, we'll be moving permanently in the beginning of March, in the mean time, I am still flying in from Denver for my shows. Looking forward to meeting you gents.

53rigid
01-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I am just south of the cities in Apple Valley and "Teach" Kevin Baas is a mile further south.... there are a couple more around here, Sawbones is one....

newtribetattoo
01-30-2012, 6:44 AM
Willmar, west of the TC. Workin on a 75 ironhead right now.

mplsdave
01-30-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm in Bloomington right off 494

SMChewy
01-30-2012, 5:32 PM
Willmar, west of the TC. Workin on a 75 ironhead right now.

My bike I'm building right now is a 75. Don't know if you've seen our blog, but I'm the one building the swing arm IH, with the Harmon front end. Toecutter did my frame. I'll have to check yours out some time.

53rigid
01-30-2012, 7:32 PM
so guys, I guess the question is: when do we all get together to have a meet and greet? I will fire up the garage heater, but I have to say that Teach's garage is WWWAAAYYYY more interesting than mine. I will see if he is interested.....

mad750
01-30-2012, 7:47 PM
I'll be back to visit my family this summer but my family is in Bloomington. I usually hook with a few of the guys so we'll definitely get a ride and hang in while I'm there.

SMChewy
01-30-2012, 7:52 PM
so guys, I guess the question is: when do we all get together to have a meet and greet? I will fire up the garage heater, but I have to say that Teach's garage is WWWAAAYYYY more interesting than mine. I will see if he is interested.....

Hell ya. Would love to meet Mr. Bass. My official move date has been set as March 8th, so I'll be there after that. I also scored a place with a heated garage, on a pond/lake with a nice little fire pit too. Should be good for drinking beer at and pissing off the neighbors.

flourman
01-30-2012, 8:29 PM

Looks like it's time for an event posting!!!!

Carman34L
01-31-2012, 2:25 PM
I am in! Sounds like a good time.

As long as it is not in April through Mid-May...

I will be visitor at the Washington County Department of Corrections at that time.

mattrnorris
05-20-2012, 1:47 PM
I live in Montrose/Buffalo if anyone is familiar with this lovely area! What town did you end up in? I'm workin on a kz650 chop right now and looking for people to meet up and wrench with ASAP! Especially now that the weather is (fairly) consistently decent I need to finish this thing so I can ride!

mattrnorris
05-20-2012, 1:50 PM
I also just now learned to read and saw that you are in waverly. I am literally one town over...!

SMChewy
05-20-2012, 2:02 PM
Ya man. My "in-laws" live off Garfield in Montrose. My fiance was born and raised in the area. She graduated from Buffalo H.S. I live in Waverly, right by the water tower. If you see a big red Dodge diesel P/U with black wheels, that's me. I do travel a lot for work, but summer slows down big time. Headed off to the BMR first thing tomorrow, but P.M. your info to me, and I'll hit you up when I get back. If you need anything, let me know. I have a tig, plasma, bike lift, all sorts of good shit.

SMChewy
05-20-2012, 2:05 PM
Your not the guy with the green KZ I saw in Buffalo at Advanced Auto Parts are you? Kinda cafe-ed/street tracker-ish bike are you?

Carman34L
05-27-2012, 3:06 AM
Your not the guy with the green KZ I saw in Buffalo at Advanced Auto Parts are you? Kinda cafe-ed/street tracker-ish bike are you?

Guessing he is with the no response!

mattrnorris
05-28-2012, 1:10 PM
Ya man. My "in-laws" live off Garfield in Montrose. My fiance was born and raised in the area. She graduated from Buffalo H.S. I live in Waverly, right by the water tower. If you see a big red Dodge diesel P/U with black wheels, that's me. I do travel a lot for work, but summer slows down big time. Headed off to the BMR first thing tomorrow, but P.M. your info to me, and I'll hit you up when I get back. If you need anything, let me know. I have a tig, plasma, bike lift, all sorts of good shit.

Sorry about that I couldnt find the damned thread for some reason! Oh really? I graduated from there in '07! Cool man, I work right over in delano so I am free most evenings and every weekend! I will PM you my info right now. I really need someone nearby by to hang and wrench with. All my buddies live around St. Paul and I'm getting tired of making that haul!

P.S. No I'm not the green cafe'd KZ but I have seen that around buffalo! Mine is still in a lot of pieces and i'm rebuilding the top-end. Not gunna be a cafe either. Probably just a long, low, Jap death trap lol

mattrnorris
05-28-2012, 1:16 PM
And if you ever see an older, white shortbed Chevy driving around that is probably me!

Beardo
06-26-2012, 3:58 PM
And if you ever see an older, white shortbed Chevy driving around that is probably me!
Western Riders

Im in Golden Valley and ride out west almost exclusively. I hate highway rides so i stick to the back roads.

I put on alot of miles so if any of y'all wanna ride let me know.

Mills
07-08-2012, 9:55 PM
Any of you guys going to the full tilt chopper show on the 14th ?
Juice and I are riding up together saturday morning.