PDA

View Full Version : Mounting bobber seat

67ray
11-21-2009, 9:16 AM
maybe this is an easy one . . .My chop came with clothespin style springs and I want to use the coils. . . but they don't seem to mount very well on the seat. Standard West Eagle seat with two threaded bolts for mounting. Is there some adapter to make it seat nicely? Just sitting the springs on there seems hokey.

imtheslime
11-21-2009, 1:49 PM
You can't make it work with a nut and washer? Sorry, I'm not familiar with those seats.

HardLuckDesigns
11-21-2009, 4:24 PM
put on the spring, drop a washer down in, then drop a lock nut down in and use the end of a sharpie marker and jam it into the nut and get it to start threading. Then you have to go in from the side of the springs with a wrench to tighten, once the nut starts getting tighter you have to keep pulling out the wrench and going through at a lower slot to finally tighten the nut. Pain in the ass for sure!

imtheslime
11-21-2009, 4:35 PM
Or maybe drill a hole in the bolt and pin it so it captures the spring tight.

Jimbo
11-21-2009, 7:43 PM
west eagle seat hummm had problems with mine have six inch spaceing on the frame an it was like 7 on the seat?? hairpins lined up better then coils, the spring studs are also farther back on the seat too?? Your spring studs should be long enough for the coil springs Coils are thicker but still should work,, After a summer with a west eagle seat I am going with something different,, Hope this helps some Thanks

67ray
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Will try some number of combinations of washers and nuts but they don't seem right. Perfection is what I am after or something that looks like it.