PDA

View Full Version : They just DONT GET it...

bhead1968
11-19-2009, 2:17 PM
Went to the local "Bike night" in my 'hood and you got your mix of hogs and rice burners.. as always i'm the only trump within 60miles......getting ready to head out, petcock on, prime the amals, flip the mag on, pull the clutch lever in, i begin giving it a few kicks to break the plates free....by now people around me are looking ..like "what the fuck is he doing?"... then some young rice burner kid says.."hey look at how he's priming the motor"... ???

one kick later i was gone.... but it was funny how those who just dont "get it" about these kick ass machines..... anyone else got some stories like this?

KT
11-19-2009, 2:50 PM
I am usually the only triumph around unless my brother is there ...and yea they dont get it and I am glad they dont or I wouldnt be able to land these deals on Triumphs around here ...When I get approached I go with the " oh yea man you gotta constantly tune on them but that's how they are " .... LOL let them go on I say ...

I primed my bike once to have a guy standing there ask if gas was suppose to come out the ticklers ...I replied I hope so ...and rode off.... main reason I love my triumph is because I dont see 500 like it and wont because of the brit vodoo that people think about them and that they are hard to work on....or some type of mystery machine....

Pete
11-20-2009, 6:24 AM
No stories yet (still building my BSA). But I chose a Brit bike cuz I'm tired, tired, tired of seeing V-twins everywhere. Plus, I want to work on my bike, and I look forward to being the "odd" bike in town!

framus
11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I know a lot of HD guys and they lament on now being "mainstream" with their bikes. Most of them have no clue about British stuff, I enjoy educmacating them on the subject. Most still think that they're filled with voodoo and that they break all the time which I scoff at since I'm always the one who gets a call to help them fix their hog on the side of the interstate 2-3 times a month.

TRUMPNUT
11-24-2009, 8:36 PM
More stories then I ever plan on writing . But my best is almost getting into a fight with some " BRO " fuck at a gas station
It goes like this
BRO - Nice hog bro what year sporty is it ?
ME- It's not a harley ! ( while trying not to make eye contact )
BRO- (while walking towards me ) Bro that a real nice bike Bro what year is it ?
ME- What part ? it's registard as a 67 BSA ( pointing at my tank badge )
BRO- So they made a Boy Scouts of America Edition in 67 ( I'm guessing he still thinks its a Harley )
ME- NO BERMINGHAM SMALL ARMS they made air rifles and such . IT's made in england !
BRO- No Harley's are amaerican made
ME- IT"S NOT A HARLEY ITS A BSA !!
BRO- So it's a wannabe Harley FUCKING JAP CRAP !!! (As he walks away )
It was a Hudge podge 441 in a Barracuda frame . Looked like a stock 60's BSA

KT
11-24-2009, 9:05 PM
that's a good one .....NUT....

I have been egaying some bikes I got to turn over I have been getting guys writing me stuff like the following ...

"Hey I'm watching your XT500 auction. I can't bid for several reasons: I need to sell my Honda CX500 before I can buy anything else, I'm leaving for New Zealand in a week and won't be back till mid January and you mentioned you'll only store the bike for 30 days, and I live in California. Still, I wanted to make contact in case you still have the bike when I get back to the states, and my bike sells, and I move to Ohio...yeah right. Anyway, great bike! Exactly what I'm looking for. Good luck."

I mean dude is nice enough and all but I really dont care about the reasons he cant buy it nor his travel arrangements ...Is it just me being a asshole or am I par for the course here....????

I would have wrote it ...I am unable to bid on your bike atm but if it does not sell please let me know thanks for your time....But then again I wouldnt contact someone on something I wasnt able to buy anyways ....more than likely i am being a asshat but damn ...

gravelveins
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
More stories then I ever plan on writing . But my best is almost getting into a fight with some " BRO " fuck at a gas station
It goes like this
BRO - Nice hog bro what year sporty is it ?
ME- It's not a harley ! ( while trying not to make eye contact )
BRO- (while walking towards me ) Bro that a real nice bike Bro what year is it ?
ME- What part ? it's registard as a 67 BSA ( pointing at my tank badge )
BRO- So they made a Boy Scouts of America Edition in 67 ( I'm guessing he still thinks its a Harley )
ME- NO BERMINGHAM SMALL ARMS they made air rifles and such . IT's made in england !
BRO- No Harley's are amaerican made
ME- IT"S NOT A HARLEY ITS A BSA !!
BRO- So it's a wannabe Harley FUCKING JAP CRAP !!! (As he walks away )
It was a Hudge podge 441 in a Barracuda frame . Looked like a stock 60's BSA

HILARIOUS!
awesome story...

NITRO
11-25-2009, 8:15 AM
that's a good one .....NUT....

I have been egaying some bikes I got to turn over I have been getting guys writing me stuff like the following ...

"Hey I'm watching your XT500 auction. I can't bid for several reasons: I need to sell my Honda CX500 before I can buy anything else, I'm leaving for New Zealand in a week and won't be back till mid January and you mentioned you'll only store the bike for 30 days, and I live in California. Still, I wanted to make contact in case you still have the bike when I get back to the states, and my bike sells, and I move to Ohio...yeah right. Anyway, great bike! Exactly what I'm looking for. Good luck."

I mean dude is nice enough and all but I really dont care about the reasons he cant buy it nor his travel arrangements ...Is it just me being a asshole or am I par for the course here....????

I would have wrote it ...I am unable to bid on your bike atm but if it does not sell please let me know thanks for your time....But then again I wouldnt contact someone on something I wasnt able to buy anyways ....more than likely i am being a asshat but damn ...

No not an asshat, we do alot stuff on ebay, and the amount of stupid questions I answer on a daily basis are staggering! Alot are just because people evidently can't read lisitngs or look at pictures, but some are just amazingly stupid.......it gets old after awhile

sumo
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
No not an asshat, we do alot stuff on ebay, and the amount of stupid questions I answer on a daily basis are staggering! Alot are just because people evidently can't read lisitngs or look at pictures, but some are just amazingly stupid.......it gets old after awhile

yep - people seem to be happy to say dumb things they wouldnt say or ask in person. joy of the internet eh..

i got asked if the price was for a pair of throttles because the pic showed a black one and a polished one. dumb fucks

KT
11-25-2009, 11:03 AM
hell I have been asked on this bike alone if I would trade it for 73-87 chevy car parts,store it till may of 2010 what my reserve was cause they just didnt want to miss it .. for some reason people are on this xt 500 95 people watching it most I have ever had watch a item at one time...