PDA

View Full Version : El Diablo Run: A Mexican Motorcycle Adventure DVD Now Available

Halwade
11-23-2011, 12:51 PM
At last month's Illusive Unicorn funfest in Ocotillo Wells, CA, we fired up S&M's video system to give campers a sneak peek at Wes White's/Tyler Malinky's eagerly anticipated EDR DVD.

Well, today Tyler debuted a trailer for this hour-long documentary on YouTube:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ia4egi4Yxik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Billdozer and I hosted the first EDR in 2006, but this video is the first time a bona fide film crew has followed the adventure from start to finish.

I'm no Roger Ebert (I've still got my chin), but this thing is pretty damned awesome! The camera locations, road trip footage, soundtrack and bike features are especially entertaining, IMO.

The $25 asking price for this 2-disk set includes a 24-page photo booklet on past EDR's and a bonus soundtrack from a bunch of bands who loaned their talents to the presentation.

As stocking stuffers go, you could do a lot worse than this.

Thanks to Tyler, Wes, Hugh and the guys for putting this impressive DVD together, and of course thanks to everyone who has attended past EDR's.

To buy an EDR DVD, go here. (http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1998)

steffan
11-23-2011, 7:37 PM
From what I could see at the campsite I looks like a killer flick!

gsand
11-23-2011, 9:44 PM
out of stock already? I cant add to cart (only wishlist).

I need this !

EDIT: I now see its not avaliable till early december....

jeffo
11-24-2011, 1:22 AM
Had the distinct pleasure to watch this video at the Elusive Unicorn run, The riding footage is spectacular, It will make you want to ride NOW.

PhillKenoyer
11-24-2011, 9:59 AM
It would be awesome if I can get this as a download. iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, or something. I watched Choppertown and Harbortown Bobber on YouTube and it was a very good experience.

RIPshitRIOT
11-24-2011, 1:48 PM
I remember thinking "Why the hell is this minivan just cruising next to us?" until I looked over and saw the camera. I'm so stoked to get this DVD.

jackin1
11-27-2011, 5:16 PM
Even after watching the trailer.. I am bummed that they are not having the run in 2012... Im all over the dvd when it drops.

Buster68
12-06-2011, 2:44 PM
out of stock already? I cant add to cart (only wishlist).

I need this !

EDIT: I now see its not avaliable till early december....

I thought it was released already too, but I went on Lowbrow today, and still no "add to cart" option yet. Is it late being released, or is it out of stock already?

billdozer
12-07-2011, 1:58 AM
It's at the duplicator now. We'll announce it as soon as it's ready, probably next week by the sound of it. It'll be a tight one for getting by Christmas but it'll be possible, at least in the US.

northtown
12-07-2011, 2:34 AM
I had the great pleasure of the desert viewing. That looked like a sik time cannot wait to go. Also had the pleasure of meeting one of the stars of the video, Jeff-o king of the highway.

bill
12-08-2011, 8:29 AM
It's at the duplicator now. We'll announce it as soon as it's ready, probably next week by the sound of it. It'll be a tight one for getting by Christmas but it'll be possible, at least in the US.

thank you for the update

Nosebleed
12-08-2011, 1:09 PM
I'd love to see the video, but I have a distinct feeling that if I bought it, someone would call me a poser for not having actually attended...and that, would make me...sad. Sad indeed.

(wait for it...)

OlDirtyTrousers
12-09-2011, 2:49 AM
Dude, I went and I'm sure as hell buyin it. And if I didn't go I'd still buy it....it was Bad Ass

REV
12-09-2011, 2:58 AM
i have a patch from the run that never was (slab city 3) does that make me a poser? since it didnt happen? lol.

this day and age, everyone is biting someone elses steeze and were all posers. just go ride more than the HOG fuckers and youre ok in my book

CRFyou
12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
i have a patch from the run that never was (slab city 3) does that make me a poser? since it didnt happen? lol.

we still ran a covert op. it's a stealth patch now since it represents the unicorn that could never be caught until it was too late.

by the time the law did realize what was going on, the unicorn stable was so full and untameable that all they could do is let us have our unicorn fun until the rainbow set on the desert with the last unicorn cry.

no duh.

nate
12-17-2011, 2:43 PM
you can order this now!! just placed mine!!!

Nate

billdozer
12-17-2011, 4:32 PM
you can order this now!! just placed mine!!!

Nate

Thanks Nate!

MIKE47
12-18-2011, 8:05 PM
I went. I'm sure I'm not in the movie but I'm gonna buy one. If for no other reason then to support the guys that made the trip possible in the first place. Best trip on a bike many people will never make. Order placed.

gigastatt
12-19-2011, 8:20 AM
I went. I'm sure I'm not in the movie but I'm gonna buy one. If for no other reason then to support the guys that made the trip possible in the first place. Best trip on a bike many people will never make. Order placed.

I went on the run and I saw the video in Cleveland over the weekend. Only 4 of us that were at the screening were actually on the run. The crowd loved it. Also I never knew Jersey had so many movie stars!
Buy it! show the rest of the bike community what a run should be and it’s not a shopping trip!

Tim

jeffo
12-19-2011, 9:50 AM
I went on the run and I saw the video in Cleveland over the weekend. Only 4 of us that were at the screening were actually on the run. The crowd loved it. Also I never knew Jersey had so many movie stars!
Buy it! show the rest of the bike community what a run should be and itís not a shopping trip!

Tim

Dude Jerseys got all kind of movie stars

Snookie
Walter
The situation

I mean just to name 3 of the most popular ones.

gigastatt
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Dude Jerseys got all kind of movie stars

Snookie
Walter
The situation

I mean just to name 3 of the most popular ones.

You made me pee my pants! How could I forget the company Walter keeps!

Is that your quote that sets the tone for the Run?

Tim

jeffo
12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
You made me pee my pants! How could I forget the company Walter keeps!

Tim

Not me never heard of the guy.

MIKE47
12-21-2011, 9:22 PM

Yeah, The Walter does wash off in the shower!

Haha, I'm in it twice! Once for 4 seconds of my back (The most pleasant view of me) and me laying face down with all you assholes laughing at me. You told me you loved me!!!

calicruiser
12-21-2011, 9:54 PM
I picked one up and gotta say . . . VERY COOL! I did not go on the run but it gives you a feel of what it was like. Kudos to the camera guys and the editors, they did an awesome job and kept that edge to it IMHO. BUY IT!

Josh

billdozer
12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I picked one up and gotta say . . . VERY COOL! I did not go on the run but it gives you a feel of what it was like. Kudos to the camera guys and the editors, they did an awesome job and kept that edge to it IMHO. BUY IT!

Josh

Thanks Josh, the film guys were great. They hiked all over to get long shots and stuff I didn't even know was getting filmed. Really nice to work with pros. Anyone who watches it, we'd love to see some reviews on the Lowbrow site. Go to this page and scroll down, you'll see the "Reviews" tab towards the bottom of the page... http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1998

jeffo
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, The Walter does wash off in the shower

bwhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahah

tattoo2303
12-22-2011, 1:06 PM
id like to know more about this chubby bastard on the back cover and in the photo book getting electricuted, seems to have acquired the nickname "Jersey" hahaahaha

thanks Bill :D

billdozer
12-22-2011, 1:41 PM
id like to know more about this chubby bastard on the back cover and in the photo book getting electricuted, seems to have acquired the nickname "Jersey" hahaahaha

thanks Bill :D

I knew you'd like that...

gigastatt
12-22-2011, 2:11 PM
Haha, I'm in it twice! Once for 4 seconds of my back (The most pleasant view of me) and me laying face down with all you assholes laughing at me. You told me you loved me!!!

I told you that you were having fun that night! That was the best sleep you got on the whole run!

Tim

Polymathic
12-22-2011, 2:34 PM
Please (re)consider electronic/downloadable versions in the future (full-res/uncompressed).

I'd pay 1/2-2/3 the asking price for an e-version.

In any case, it's great that you guys did this.

smitty83
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
this movie bummed me out. 1) made me wish it was riding weather and 2) made me wish the el diablo was happening this. i could watch this every day.

TkilledJ
01-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Please (re)consider electronic/downloadable versions in the future (full-res/uncompressed).

I'd pay 1/2-2/3 the asking price for an e-version.

In any case, it's great that you guys did this.

I was just thinking this and concur. :cheersmate:

LDNCLR
01-04-2012, 4:21 PM
Bill needs to clue us in on the "Other Mexico ride" that is supposed to happen though!

michaelmartin
01-04-2012, 8:26 PM
Awesome job. Reminds me of those old skate videos you could buy in the back of Thrasher back in the day. I guess it's just the same shit except we got older and do this now, instead.

Wish I could have been there. Maybe I'll meet up with some of you fuckers on the next Gypsy Run or something else coming through the area.

hugodv01
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Bought it, and loved it. :cheersmate:

My pals and I watched it and they realized how lame they were for not going with me.

My Left hand is in the movie for a few seconds. If anyone wants me to autograph their copy I will gladly oblige.

I am guessing I will be needing an agent now. :cool:

Rahim
03-14-2012, 6:37 PM
Advertising banners work.
After months of seeing the EDR DVD banner at the side of the page I ordered a copy.

UK & IRE folks you can get it HERE (http://vintagechop.bigcartel.com/product/el-diablo-run-a-mexican-motorcycle-adventure-dvd)

bonesxl1100
06-14-2012, 1:27 PM
Finally ordered this and watched it last night. Man, I gotta make one of these runs if they keep doing them. Good stuff guys!!