PDA

View Full Version : magnet removal 1965 650 Triumph

Craigar
11-12-2009, 4:33 PM
Does anyone know if the crank has right or left hand threads on the primary side? The numb nut before me threaded it on maybe 1-2 thread but I cannot budge it. Partly because I haven't a good way to hold the engine from rolling over.

Any suggestions that don't include taking it to a shop would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

TRUMPNUT
11-13-2009, 9:27 PM
It's a right hand thread . If the bike is together then just put it in gear to keep it from rolling over . You might need to hold down the rear brake and use a impact . Just so you know 65 is BCT year so they might of tried to use SAE fine and it jammed up .

TRUMPNUT
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
You also can use a wood wedge jammed between the engine sproket and chain or on the bottom side of the clutch you can wedge it to jam the primary chain .

Choppedtriumphs
11-15-2009, 6:32 AM
I seen you had a couple of trumpets, I think a crankshaft locking tool may be more beneficial to you,.. They're dirt cheap and can be used for MORE then just locking the crank ..But,... that's just me,..
peace

TRUMPNUT
11-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I seen you had a couple of trumpets, I think a crankshaft locking tool may be more beneficial to you,.. They're dirt cheap and can be used for MORE then just locking the crank ..But,... that's just me,..
peace

I don't think 65 has the slotted crank for the tool .

Choppedtriumphs
11-16-2009, 2:36 AM
I don't think 65 has the slotted crank for the tool .

Yes, sir,...it sure does check it out: http://choppedtriumphs.net/files/954-65_parts.pdf