PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Buffalo NY?

Pages : [1] 2

Makakam
11-17-2011, 3:40 PM
Still riding in November is pretty cool! What are you building this winter? Putting some projects back together to sell and paying some bills. Hopefully I'll be repainting my softail. Looking for somebody local who's into building, fabricating and putting some miles on something you built yourself. My friends ride stock bikes and don't have a clue.

felon
11-17-2011, 4:08 PM
::tumble weed:

nickd23
11-17-2011, 8:51 PM
i am in rochester. I ride a 99 hardtailed sporty. theres a few others running around here.

tattoo2303
11-17-2011, 9:25 PM
I'm at the bottom of a triangle between rochester and buffalo. Mount Morris NY, I'm down to wrench or ride whenever.

Headed out to Ohio for the lowbrow release of the EDR video in a few weeks

backwithabang
11-17-2011, 9:36 PM
I'm in buffalo. Finishing a chopped xs650 for me, a cm400 brat, cb360 cafe to sell in spring. Also in the midst of a 70 ironhead engine rebuild and an xs500 yank and paint for "customers". Also have an already built cm400 brat in awesome condition I need to move in the spring too. A perfect 75 rd200 my wife now legally owns

Looking for a late 60s-70s shovel for myself in the spring if you have any leads.

Not many people around here building. A few guys with some Honda cafes, a few new sporty chops from some hardcore kids.

You see some random bad ass triumph chops on some older patched kingsmen up towards the falls sometimes.

There is a guy in Elma who supposed to have had a few magazine showcased xs chops but haven't seen anything he's done recently.

We have however been plagued with stock 70s cb riders who sold their vespas to get em. Total urban outfitter hipster crew. A couple local rich hot girls buzzing my neighborhood in vintage triumph tigers too

A know a few guys around with basement swap meet collections if you need anything I can snoop.

Question for you... Saw a melodic death metal band at an ensiferum show last jan in Rochester. Turns out they were local and super into chops. Sarilicuous? Or something. Couldn't read the name on the shirt. Know anything about em?

Oh I made a little shop in my basement. It's pretty stocked for what I need. A little welding station too http://img.tapatalk.com/43fca30b-d3aa-1b67.jpg

nickd23
11-18-2011, 8:06 AM
not to sure of the band your refering to, good local metal band that just did a record is sirens and sailors. The bassist works for me, ill ask him if he knows the band. im more of a metalcore guy myself, acutally heading up the grand rapids(?) to see hatebreed and a few other shittie mainstreem bands in a few weeks.
every now and then we will see a few chops and bobs at a few of the local bike nights.

backwithabang
11-18-2011, 10:30 AM
I'll look at my Lp tonight and try to decipher their name. I legitimately thought they were Norwegian because they played the style well. Norwegian melodic death metal. A little black metal, a little maiden, a little slayer, a little vaulting through the woods with a mandolin. They had a keyboard player. Real deal

oldmansporty63
11-18-2011, 3:03 PM
do you guys know is there anywhere in buffalo that sells big daddy roth rattlecan paint?

Makakam
11-18-2011, 9:42 PM
I'll ask the guy who does my tattoos. He photographs a bunch of local bands. A lot of hardcore stuff.

I'd consider going to the Lowbrow EDR release. Looks like its going to be a blast. When are you going to be passing Buffalo, where are you staying and when do you think you'll be heading back?

backwithabang
11-18-2011, 9:48 PM
I have only seen that paint in buffalo on my laptop while I was looking at eBay

NHMike
Certainly NOT a winning Football team...

GO PATS!!!!!

Hehehe :cheersmate:

tattoo2303
Pretty sure the plans to leave the day of and drive back the following day, as far as sleeping I always find the cheapest place/way possible

Makakam
11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Got a great 80 mile ride in yesterday! How many are planning on going to the lowbrow EDR from your area? I know a couple guys in that area. I'll ask what are good options for staying overnite.

backwithabang
11-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Christ I'm scrambling to cash in on favors and filling, tanks, draining carb bowls and buying a lot of seafoam while trying to dump my bikes in various garages across the buffalo area.

No time to ride em as they say in game of thrones. Winter is coming

gigastatt
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
I am here in Rochester also and have a few projects in the works. You can check out our blog www.Choppercreeps.blogspot.com and see what tattoo2303 and I have been thinking about and working on. We are planning on heading to the “Mistake by the Lake” (Cleveland) for the EDR movie premier. We are always our riding when there is not any snow flying. We hit Buffalo numerous times when the weather is nice. Don’t be a stranger send me or tattoo2303 a pm whenever you want to ride one of us will generally be willing. Tim

backwithabang
11-29-2011, 1:16 PM
Anyone who hits buffalo and wants to roll, skate, or hang. Hit up rise above tattoos on Delaware. It seems to be the general summer meet spot or if not there. sunday skate shop on Potomac and elmwood

Bhowell
11-30-2011, 3:04 PM
I'm in jamestown about an hour away. I'm workin on a 99 kawasaki vulcan this winter.

Makakam
12-01-2011, 4:17 PM
gigastatt

Cool blog. Nice bike. Did you ride all the way to the EDR? Sounds incredible. I'd love to go cross country, but I have my own business, getting divorced and have six kids. Not likely anytime soon. Definitely give me a ring if your going riding 716-247-9324. I was down in Arcade this year in October. Great riding.

Matt

nickd23
12-01-2011, 9:14 PM
I am here in Rochester also and have a few projects in the works. You can check out our blog www.Choppercreeps.blogspot.com and see what tattoo2303 and I have been thinking about and working on. We are planning on heading to the “Mistake by the Lake” (Cleveland) for the EDR movie premier. We are always our riding when there is not any snow flying. We hit Buffalo numerous times when the weather is nice. Don’t be a stranger send me or tattoo2303 a pm whenever you want to ride one of us will generally be willing. Tim

hey man, looking to find someone local to help weld up my rear fender and strut kit. i know better then trying to try welding again. know of anyone? i have a 99 sporty hard tail

gigastatt
12-05-2011, 7:38 AM
gigastatt

Cool blog. Nice bike. Did you ride all the way to the EDR?

Matt

Thanks on the Blog. We are posting things we like and see. We figured Western New York needed a boost to the "scene"! Thanks on the bike also. This is a spare time project also so it does not move as fast as I would like.

We did not ride all the way from NY to the EDR and home. I had my bike trucked by 831 industries James and Tattoo2303 Rick. I flew out and met a few other guys and our bikes in San Diego to embark on the Mexican Adventure. As you I own my own business and could not spend that much time away from the shop all at once. We will hook up this coming riding season. Tim

gigastatt
12-05-2011, 7:40 AM
hey man, looking to find someone local to help weld up my rear fender and strut kit. i know better then trying to try welding again. know of anyone? i have a 99 sporty hard tail

PM me we can help you out. Tim

Matridge
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
hey guys im new on this site and live in the buffalo area. been on a few rides in february getting ready for march. im down for rides and anything to do with bikes.

gigastatt
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Once the weather breaks hit me up! Tim

backwithabang
02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
No one likes to ride with me because I get highly bored going straight and enjoy hitting curb cuts, skidding around corners and going up thruway overpass embankments but I'll be around

tattoo2303
02-21-2012, 5:18 PM
Yup! Me too plan on going out to the lancaster drags a bunch, probably ride out to the lubes bike night, among random riding. You guys should look into the gypsy run and the brooklyn invitational me and tim have been going for years

hotrodkid
02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
im in binghampton ny building my 66 ironhead 19 over narow springer check out my pics there on my profile should have it all back together in the next cople weeks then hopfully go for a ride

Matridge
02-26-2012, 8:08 PM
im in binghampton ny building my 66 ironhead 19 over narow springer check out my pics there on my profile should have it all back together in the next cople weeks then hopfully go for a ride

sick build man. maybe ill see it on the road somewhere in new york this season

hotrodkid
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
sick build man. maybe ill see it on the road somewhere in new york this season

sure will i plan on takeing it too rien beck? im puting it back together just finishd the tins tonight will be ripin burnouts soon :P cant wait

XwalkerX
03-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Anyone who hits buffalo and wants to roll, skate, or hang. Hit up rise above tattoos on Delaware. It seems to be the general summer meet spot or if not there. sunday skate shop on Potomac and elmwood

fuck yeah man!!!

i live a block away from Rise Above

lets ride

backwithabang
03-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Yea dude, I'm working on getting one of my 6 bikes running right now.

I fucking shit all over the moto gods carpets this winter or something. Things are going terrible

XwalkerX
03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
im down in arizona right now till mid may but i just scored a 59 iron that ill be trolling around on when i get home

Matridge
03-18-2012, 12:35 PM
lets see a pic of the 59. i would love to own that ride. im going out now for a couple hours maybe see one of you guys out there.

XwalkerX
03-18-2012, 1:22 PM
here it is...

bike started off in Buffalo actually but was taken away to Baltimore MD for the past few years and im bringing her home where she belongs. A friend is going to go pick it up for me while im gone. lets just say i cant wait to get home...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/XwalkerX1/forsale591.jpg

nickd23
03-18-2012, 7:07 PM
here it is...

bike started off in Buffalo actually but was taken away to Baltimore MD for the past few years and im bringing her home where she belongs. A friend is going to go pick it up for me while im gone. lets just say i cant wait to get home...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/XwalkerX1/forsale591.jpg

wow definitly done right! im in the rochster area and would love to ride with other "chop" style riders. excess chrome and vance and hines pipes get old quick:cheersmate:

XwalkerX
03-18-2012, 8:12 PM
yeah man just let me know ill be out and about all summer.

and the bike is a good starting point for me but i plan on cleaning it up a bit when i get home and prob will end up painting the tank and fender along with throwing on some different bars and prob a bigger front spool wheel.

im sure it will be a never ending project

backwithabang
03-19-2012, 1:10 PM
21. Low drags and a springer and that thing will be moistening buffalo poon

XwalkerX
03-19-2012, 1:34 PM
21" front wheel is a must i concur.

as for bars i was thinking either some biltwell frisco bars or some crazy design zombie bars

perhaps next season ill get around to picking up a super narrow acme springer

i just know i def want to polish/powdercoat some items on the bike along with getting some nice paint on the tank/fender.

im thinking something like this...

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_classified/7000/6595/0_8301.jpg

backwithabang
03-19-2012, 1:46 PM
That's all you. I'm more into the grease and chipped paint look. But to each their own

I just don't want to feel like Im disarming a bomb when I'm filling up my tank

XwalkerX
03-19-2012, 2:36 PM
I just don't want to feel like Im disarming a bomb when I'm filling up my tank

ha dont worry man this thing will be far from a garage queen.

pretty much any day im not working ill be out on it

Matridge
03-20-2012, 6:23 AM
wow, thats in nice shape for a 50s iron. im jelous

backwithabang
03-20-2012, 2:34 PM
I guess my xs chop is going to Pittsburgh this weekend for a 1980 ironhead since I have a triumph now anyway, I said what the hell? Always wanted an ironhead and I need a daily rider that the old mc dudes at work don't put rice or teabags under my bike and tell me my oil is leaking all over the parking lot.

XwalkerX
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
nice man lets see pics of the iron

backwithabang
03-21-2012, 9:25 AM
Soon. Supposed to get It this weekend

Makakam
03-25-2012, 9:31 PM
I'm thinking about heading to Pinned... Anyone interested?

Matt

PINNED!!!! ROUND 2!
Motorcycle Throwdown!

May 19th 2012

AT THE DUDE LOCKER!

527 East Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43202

BIKES
BANDS
BEER
BABES

AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!

FREE FOR ALL RIDERS!
$5 DOLLARS FOR THE NORMS(ALL MONEY GOES TOWARDS BANDS)

http://pinnedohio.com/

Branner
03-25-2012, 9:45 PM
I'm from Buffalo, let me know when you're going to be out and I'll try to join up with you.

XwalkerX
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
depending on when i get home from arizona and what my work schedule looks like i would also be down to go...

tattoo2303
03-26-2012, 7:10 PM
Sounds like a good time

Matridge
03-27-2012, 6:12 AM
looks like a killer event. ill definitly try to clear that weekend so i can go, but ill have to see what kind of funds i have for a little road trip.

kkallin
04-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Man... all this talk makes me really want to go home. I miss Buffalo like crazy. I'm thinking of taking a ride up north later this summer maybe. 700 miles through the mountains? yes please.

backwithabang
04-03-2012, 6:35 PM
Rode my ironhead around the block today, no helmet, no rear fender, plate, or brake light. Cop pulls up to me at a light an says don't keep that bike that loud. And drives off. I love buffalo cops, but he's right. The 8 inch dumps on an iron is kind of obnoxious

Branner
04-03-2012, 6:59 PM
Rode my ironhead around the block today, no helmet, no rear fender, plate, or brake light. Cop pulls up to me at a light an says don't keep that bike that loud. And drives off. I love buffalo cops, but he's right. The 8 inch dumps on an iron is kind of obnoxious

That's because a lot of them ride. Shoot me a note when you plan on going for a ride, I'll do my best to meet up with you.

XwalkerX
04-03-2012, 8:36 PM
Ive been living downtown for the past 10 years and ive grown to learn that Buffalo cops usually have better things to do than fuck with you for little stuff

Makakam
04-03-2012, 9:51 PM
I got pulled over in Tonawanda a couple years ago going almost 50 in a 30 on Ellicott Creek. He wrote me for 40 and let me know he was giving me a "pass" on the bars, pipes, helmet and lack of turn signals. I figured I got off easy. Talked with a friend, paid $100, no ticket, court or class time.

Since then I made my own pipes with a pieced together muffler. Much better performance and far less obnoxious. I picked up a medium 3/4 DOT helmet and modified it for my XL head. Fits down tight and will likely pass most inspections. Just laced and trued a set of wheels. Finally getting rid of all the billet that I never liked on the bike.

Things are looking good for May 19th trip to Ohio. Let me know if you're up for it. We can figure out a place to meet up. Maybe get a ride in before?

backwithabang
04-04-2012, 6:08 AM
I have 2 running bikes. But nothing close to legal. My rd200 is on the road but it's really set up for my wife with clip ons and other nonsense. I don't fit on it.

The ups man hates me. But I'm just waiting on parts for my bikes and I have 3 bikes that are almost done for other people they bought (you start playing the flipping/building game and the first thing you learn is that you never get your bikes going how you want em or ride much) I should be up and running myself semi legally by mid April. I'm not planning on anything far until june. There's a big swap/show near Newburgh ny. Then I'm gonna hit NYC for a couple days

RRAL
04-04-2012, 6:44 AM
Hey guys, I'm down in Pittsburgh,pa. I've been looking for some cool small -mid size events in the buffalo / Rochester area, or any where in the area. Can y'all make some suggestions?

Branner
04-04-2012, 4:42 PM
I got pulled over in Tonawanda a couple years ago going almost 50 in a 30 on Ellicott Creek. He wrote me for 40 and let me know he was giving me a "pass" on the bars, pipes, helmet and lack of turn signals. I figured I got off easy. Talked with a friend, paid $100, no ticket, court or class time.

Since then I made my own pipes with a pieced together muffler. Much better performance and far less obnoxious. I picked up a medium 3/4 DOT helmet and modified it for my XL head. Fits down tight and will likely pass most inspections. Just laced and trued a set of wheels. Finally getting rid of all the billet that I never liked on the bike.

Things are looking good for May 19th trip to Ohio. Let me know if you're up for it. We can figure out a place to meet up. Maybe get a ride in before?

I'm dying to ride, absolutely.

tattoo2303
04-04-2012, 6:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm down in Pittsburgh,pa. I've been looking for some cool small -mid size events in the buffalo / Rochester area, or any where in the area. Can y'all make some suggestions?

There is a show in Rochester on the 22nd of this month skin and steel it's called I'll be there if anyone wants to meet up

Matridge
04-05-2012, 1:16 PM
i might be riding to skin and steel ill update when futher details become available.

Makakam
04-05-2012, 7:28 PM
I'd be up for a run to Rochester for that show. Let me know when you're heading out?

XwalkerX
04-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Man... all this talk makes me really want to go home. I miss Buffalo like crazy. I'm thinking of taking a ride up north later this summer maybe. 700 miles through the mountains? yes please.

LOL holy shit i just realized its you.

come back home and lets ride.

its been a while.

Matridge
04-16-2012, 6:15 AM
nothing set in stone, but looks like ill be open next sunday for the skin and steel show in rochester. it starts at noon so probally leave between 11 and 12. it goes til 6, probally wont stay til the end. as long as i dont get to fucked up saturday night at my ol lady's roller derby game and nothing comes up for work.

tattoo2303
04-16-2012, 3:42 PM
buttoning up shit on my bike all week, got to hear her run yesterday- look for the only sporty with a white frame!

Branner
04-16-2012, 3:50 PM
buttoning up shit on my bike all week, got to hear her run yesterday- look for the only sporty with a white frame!

Pics?

Matridge
04-17-2012, 5:52 AM
yeah i want to see it haha. i always thought white frames look pretty bad ass

XwalkerX
04-17-2012, 8:53 AM
in for pics

XwalkerX
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
i think when i get home im going to order up a set of these triple six bars along with a biltwell lid in rootbeer...just need to find someone to powdercoat the bars black...

http://strippeddowncycles.com/wordpress/index.php?page_id=225

Branner
04-17-2012, 1:09 PM
i think when i get home im going to order up a set of these triple six bars along with a biltwell lid in rootbeer...just need to find someone to powdercoat the bars black...

Walker: I used Hotshots Powder Coating, and Ceramic Header Coatings. They're on Southwestern Blvd (6246). Here's their phone: 716-627-2766. They did good work.

XwalkerX
04-17-2012, 1:38 PM
nice ill look into em

:cheersmate:

efinmirical
04-18-2012, 8:56 AM
There is a show in Rochester on the 22nd of this month skin and steel it's called I'll be there if anyone wants to meet up

Looks like rain all wknd...I don't know...just doesn't seem right driving a car there!!

kkallin
04-19-2012, 9:18 AM

Walker, those bars look awesome.

Matridge
04-22-2012, 8:03 PM
to cold today for the ride to rochester so settled on ridin around north tonawanda

tattoo2303
04-23-2012, 9:58 AM
i feel bad for anyone who came out to this based on my suggestion! it SUUUUUUCKED!!! sorry

backwithabang
04-23-2012, 1:19 PM
i feel bad for anyone who came out to this based on my suggestion! it SUUUUUUCKED!!! sorry

That would be me

tattoo2303
04-23-2012, 3:01 PM
That would be me

a personal apology to you than man, that used to be a good show- but that was by far the worst ive ever been to- more non related shit to motorcycles or tattoos than i could imagine. however there is another one a little closer to you in a couple weeks May 6th at the batavia downs, based on the weather we got today not likely riding weather but shit seems change every few days around here so maybe

nickd23
04-23-2012, 8:27 PM
yeah i heard there were like 20 bikes there! lol plus they no longer really do the tattoo side of it either. the roc tattoo expo is coming up soon, at least there will be half naked tattooed chicks there!

backwithabang
04-23-2012, 8:50 PM
There's a tattoo show in Rochester may 4th. I don't know the details yet but erich from rise above will be there with a few sheets of vintage style star wars flash and will only be doing star wars tattoos since its may the 4th be with you day

That bike show was just foul. It was just a bunch of mc's peddling their shirts and their 60 year old pledges trying to get you to buy raffle tickets for a johnny pag bike. There was an old lady with feathered hair on a brass pole... The only bike I would even ride around the block there was an ironhead with a Motörhead skull on it and a solo seat big enough for 3 normal asses

At least patch dude was there.

I will be at batavia but my triumph is down, anyone who can figure out what the fuck is going on with my 68's cam in association with my new hunt mag in the area, please stop by. Get it going and I'll give you money. Empyre cycles won't touch anything non stock anymore, big Ed just changes oil, and the hog farm dude wants to do it but he is backed up to fuck all.

My ironhead is in half waiting on david bird, and my wife "girl with a
Dragon tattooed" my rd200 and I can't fit on it

I have a 71 shovel but dude I'm buying it from promised me the original invaders and is getting him from his brother in Florida or something and he says to pick it up mid may.

Three awesome bikes. None of them ridable or available. Fml

Branner
04-23-2012, 9:11 PM
Have you ever dealt with Hog Farm before? If not, stay away.

backwithabang
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Yea. Either the owner likes you or he doesn't. That's seems to be on first impression and what you ride. Dude's old school and knows his shit, loves to talk bikes and maybe a bit bitter to the next generation. Out of all the shops around here him and steve and his bro out in Lockport have been the coolest to me actually.

I don't think either shop wants to fix up some craiglist find for someone who just wants to get on it and go. They have a boatload of work piled up on baggers and evo add ons and tune ups and thats what they make their living off of. Trying to figure out a strange cam shaft problem on a frankenstein 68 bonneville chop could take them days. And what are they going to do charge me 40 an hour labor plus parts and fix? It would end up more than what my bike is worth. But at both shops after a good conversation about the bikes and problems I've run into rebuilding them I have been steered in the right direction on fixing my bikes, drawn diagrams, and even given me parts.

I've been in shops when some kid putters in on an old iron looking for why he's sputtering and running bad. The kid didn't know the year of his bike, didn't time it, didn't know when his points were changed if he had points or where they even would be if he did, what type of carb he had.

I mean at that point If I owned the shop I would throw a manual and a set of plugs at him and kick his ass out.

I hear horror stories from people in all the shops around here but I can't say one shit word on the ones I go to

Makakam
04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Spent time this week making some new bars for my bike. I've taken a bunch of pics and will post them once I finish welding and hit them with some epoxy paint. Still trying to find the time to paint the tank on the xs 650 so I can sell it & pay some bills.

Pinned is in 4 weeks. Who's still thinking about going? Maybe get a decent ride in before that?

Makakam
04-24-2012, 9:43 AM
One of the bolts on my riser on my apes was stripped and it was time for a change anyway. I wanted somrthing tighter and a little lower. I had to "turn" the tube down from 1.053 to 1.00 with a flap disc and belt sander so the controls would fit. A lathe would be so great! I dimpled the right side with a torch and a round punch and hammer. Drilled 11/16" holes in 1" round stock and welded and plug welded it into the 1" I.D., 1.25" O.D. uprights and made a cover and plug welded it over the uprights. I can use the stock riser mounts and nuts. A 3/4" socket barely fits down the uprights to secure everything.

Makakam
04-24-2012, 9:45 AM
Still have to finish welding, sand, paint and make covers/plugs for the uprights.

backwithabang
04-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Man. I am like the anti version of you in buffalo. I make things rust and ruin paint, mostly because I'm
Into that but also because I'm broke. But that thing is nice, I'd be stoked to see that riding around the area. All I see are city kids ripping the rear fenders off their evos.

My current monster at its start

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898bac-d6bb-043c.jpg

Popping this on it, new tires and sissy also, we'll see how it comes out
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898bac-d6fe-06b0.jpg

Makakam
04-24-2012, 1:55 PM
I've done everything on a shoestring. I have 6 kids and soon to be ex. More money... none of its mine. I did all the body mods, paint, jockey, foot clutch, pipes, air filter, wired it, aluminum parts are old Thruway signs that I heated and shaped, rebuilt the top-end, tranny, changed out the billet wheels for spokes this year. When stuff breaks you design better parts. I built the bars with 4" angle grinders, drill press, 220v Harbor Frieght welder, belt sander and a cut-off saw. Better tools make it easier, but it can be done. I like stripped down, go fast, stop fast, and most important functional, but it still can look good too.

efinmirical
04-24-2012, 3:00 PM

i just picked up a real nice lid in rootbeer from ellis @ devils hand productions over in cleveland. came across it on ebay believe it or not. guy selling thought it was outta some other shop...got it on a steal, like brand spanking new too...check him out, top shelf

Matridge
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
those bars are pretty sick man.

Matridge
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM

i was on the way and decided i didnt want to ride all the way there and back that day since it was kinda shitty out. glad i stayed local.

backwithabang
04-27-2012, 7:37 PM
I was at the hog farm today and dude said that the Batavia swap should be pretty good parts wise from who reserved spots.

Cheap, close, at a casino. Why not?

Makakam
04-28-2012, 7:24 AM
I've always said how much I liked the ape hangers, but after riding yesterday with my arms 3" lower and 3" together with a different wrist position and rigid mounts... Wow! 10x better control, less fatigue and hardly any vibration.

The only downside... I'm already driving more aggressively...

On another note, I just found out I have kids in a soccer tournament and dance competition on may 19th, so I'm out for "Pinned" OH. Bummed, but possible trip to NJ in July is still looking promising and hopefully some long day trips. Let me know if you're headed out for the day? (couple days notice helps for me with the kids, thanks)

Matridge
04-28-2012, 8:27 AM
whens the batavia swap?

Makakam
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Man. I am like the anti version of you in buffalo. I make things rust and ruin paint, mostly because I'm
Into that but also because I'm broke. But that thing is nice, I'd be stoked to see that riding around the area. All I see are city kids ripping the rear fenders off their evos.

My current monster at its start

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898bac-d6bb-043c.jpg

Popping this on it, new tires and sissy also, we'll see how it comes out
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898bac-d6fe-06b0.jpg

You're Triumph is great. Reminds me of my first bike. Always wanted a mag on mine. That springer looks awesome. Is that a spool? 19"? Let me know if you need Triumph stuff or help, I built two over the past ten years.

backwithabang
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Yea dude come
Over and make my mag not slip in the camshaft. After about 6 kicks or a
Start and 30 seconds run time I lose my timing. It's highly frustrating. I tried everything, cut the cam lock bolt, cranked on it, lightly tightened it. Ect. It just hates my bike

Im about to go back to a Boyer

And the wheel is I think a 19 inch mini drum original chopper stopper but the internals are long gone

kaaos82
04-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Im in Rochester, hit me up! Ill ride my 64 out and we can get dirty all up in the B-lo

Makakam
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
The idea of a mag is cool, never had one so I'm no help there. I had a Boyer with a Sparx 220 alt (worth every penny). I ran a small 12v battery. It was bulletproof. One kick everytime, & it put out 14+v with a halogen headlight and LED tail.

Branner
04-28-2012, 3:05 PM
I've always said how much I liked the ape hangers, but after riding yesterday with my arms 3" lower and 3" together with a different wrist position and rigid mounts... Wow! 10x better control, less fatigue and hardly any vibration.

The only downside... I'm already driving more aggressively...

On another note, I just found out I have kids in a soccer tournament and dance competition on may 19th, so I'm out for "Pinned" OH. Bummed, but possible trip to NJ in July is still looking promising and hopefully some long day trips. Let me know if you're headed out for the day? (couple days notice helps for me with the kids, thanks)

Mak: How did you make those mid foot rests? I've been wanting to do that for my bike for years.

backwithabang
04-28-2012, 3:14 PM
I have that Boyer with the high output magical blue box sitting here. It came on the bike but I think there was a short in the Boyer regulator. I have since got a different regulator. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow

By the way of your name is "freeman" this may actually be your old bike.

Makakam
04-29-2012, 8:35 AM
Definitely not my bike, because its still in my garage. Its going back together soon. Its time to sell it, let someone else enjoy it and pay some bills. What alt is on it now? Get rid of the Lucas is you can afford to. These bikes are quirky enough without constantly wondering if the charging system is junk.

Makakam
04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Mak: How did you make those mid foot rests? I've been wanting to do that for my bike for years.

I searched the internet to see how everyone else was mounting them and flipped through 10 years of The Horse mag.

I had a set of stock HD pegs. I looked at how the stock pegs are mounted for hole size and postioning as well as width for the peg to fit in.

Left side is easy. Remove the inspection cover. Use it as a template. Make a new plate out of 3/16" or 1/4". Drill the four mounting holes. Drill a 5/8" hole for the peg mount. Use a piece of 5/8" roundstock, cut one end down to 1/2" width about 3/4" deep from the end. Cut 2 pieces of 1/4" plate and drill holes in them for the mounting bolt to go through. Weld those pieces to the roundstock and the roundstock to the new inspection plate. Paint. Assemble and use a spring washer. Put a gasket on it and bolt it on.

Right side is more complicated just because you have to make a cardboard template and then cut that piece to bolt to the tranny. I think I used 3/16" on that side. I cut it with a 4' electric grinder and drilled the holes on the drill press. Its held on in 3 places using the tranny bolts. I may have bought a couple new/longer bolts? Same idea as the other side.

I made sure they are in the same place front to back on both side and the width is the same as well. I added a gusset for extra strength. No problems in 2 years. Great to have an extra place to put your feet on longer rides.

Here are a couple pics as well as an idea I took from online. Sorry no built pics. Wasn't thinking I guess?

Makakam
05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Weather is looking good for a Sunday ride to Batavia. Who's headed there too?

tattoo2303
05-02-2012, 2:52 PM
I'll be there!

Matridge
05-04-2012, 7:58 AM
im probally going

tattoo2303
05-05-2012, 7:29 AM
The Roc City Tattoo Expo is going on right now too- planning on riding up after work today so should be there around 5-5:30 tonight

Makakam
05-05-2012, 9:38 PM
We're leaving Buffalo around 11 or so. Probably taking Main St (Rt 5) All the way there. My cell is 716-247-9324 if you want to text me. We'll likely stay for a while, then head out for another ride for the day. Weather looks great all day.

Matt

Matridge
05-07-2012, 7:50 AM
didnt get to go to batavia, anyone get any thing good from the swap? how was it?

gigastatt
05-07-2012, 8:07 AM
didnt get to go to batavia, anyone get any thing good from the swap? how was it?
I was there. I got an inner primary for my shovel and an OEM Spinger that was extended back in the day. Overall a good turnout and some deals to be had. Tim

backwithabang
05-08-2012, 7:34 AM
The dude from gasport "vintage cycles" had a lot of good shit. Scored an original 21 chopper stopper mini drum with internals and axel, old big finned triumph exhaust clamps and some other random British parts dirt cheap

Got a practically brand new sporty tank with hyper color terrible flame for 30 bones too

There was a decent rebuilt shovel engine there... Umm I saw an original triumph tank with emblems for like 220. Overall good if you were into British bikes or Harley baggers

Vintage chop parts were scattered early, lots of bendix parts, terrible leather and t shirts

Matridge
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
sound like it was pretty decent. isnt shitty leather and t shirts at everything hahaha. 30 bones for a tank is pretty solid. i mainly didnt go because i was hungover hard from a stag party, but i also just got laid off and i would have spent all my money. nice that you got some good stuff though.

Makakam
05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Swap was ok. Wasn't really looking for anything. Bought a crappy long sleeve t-shirt for $15 because it was colder than I thought on the ride there. Went upstairs with the $5 voucher they gave us and won $15 on the slots... Free shirt! We left and rode for 200 miles. Little chilly, but a great day for a ride. Bike ran like a beast and the new bars were perfect, no fatigue, great control. Looks like its going to be a great summer to ride.

tattoo2303
05-11-2012, 3:20 PM
anything going on sunday?? is it suppose to be nice enough to ride?

XwalkerX
05-13-2012, 7:37 AM
calling for scattered showers today...good thing i have to work anyway.

im off tomorrow and tuesday so ill prob be out on this

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542011_407361699283905_100000302358108_1357106_317 779727_n.jpg

XwalkerX
05-13-2012, 2:18 PM
fuck it.

i didnt have the heart to leave the ole girl in the garage today so i ended up riding to work...

paraord
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
The only bike I would even ride around the block there was an ironhead with a Motörhead skull on it and a solo seat big enough for 3 normal asses

thats my bike, yea the seat is huge. its comfy as a mother tho as far as solo seats go! Glad you liked it.

backwithabang
05-15-2012, 4:52 PM
thats my bike, yea the seat is huge. its comfy as a mother tho as far as solo seats go! Glad you liked it.

Yea dude that was the only bike seeing there worth the trip. Nice ride

XwalkerX
05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
its been a beautiful weekend here im surprised i havent seen more bikes out.

i took the triumph out yesterday and just rode the '59 to the waterfront.

ill prob end up riding it to work in the falls too.

im loving this weather.

backwithabang
05-20-2012, 2:53 PM
Mine are both down. Looking at a shovel tomorrow. It's a little beat but works and is cheap. Something to ride until I get my other bikes done. Then I'll turn that into my winter project

XwalkerX
05-20-2012, 9:41 PM
there was a 76 ironhead for like 2800 on craigslist recently thing looked pretty good for being so inexpensive...?

backwithabang
05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
yea, there are a bunch of irons... I have one already and would like a big boy so I'm not screaming on the highway during longer trips.

I have a 58 rolling pan begging for an engine I am leaning towards an old shovel or pan I can throw in there with a title

I am all about how long it's gonna take that dude with the green ugly raked iron hardtail to sell his bike, it has been up there for three years now

XwalkerX
05-26-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL

http://images.craigslist.org/5Nf5Kf5J33Kd3Md3Hbc49ef19b1aa94c01caa.jpg

XwalkerX
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
sidenote:

im getting out of work in 2 hours and prob going riding before the rain hits then ill be at mohawk for el bronx :)

backwithabang
05-26-2012, 12:30 PM
There it is!! The green monster!! Not to be outdone by the guy selling triumph tank badges for 75 or the mysterious north buffalo 76 ironhead with magic swamp eyeball tank

XwalkerX
05-31-2012, 8:26 PM
just got back from quaker steak...does anyone know who owns this knucklehead? i want to make it mine!!!!!

tattoo2303
05-31-2012, 8:39 PM
I was there too, froze my ass off on the ride home

XwalkerX
05-31-2012, 8:45 PM
denim jacket and hoodie combo kept me warm on the way back to the city

backwithabang
06-01-2012, 5:53 AM
I have a bike up and working as of yesterday. Just in time for the shit weekend. It's not legal yet but I'll stay in the city and bum around if it's dry out.

I need to see what falls off the bike

tattoo2303
06-01-2012, 8:13 PM
This yours?
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6f80161-768e-355f.jpg

Man I was drooling all over this bike- its super clean

XwalkerX
06-02-2012, 7:57 AM
yeah man thats mine but i can assure you that its def not "super clean"

tattoo2303
06-02-2012, 9:16 AM
i know what you mean- i was refering to the lines, lack of clutter and cables/wires, bullshit. i was one row back with the white frame covered in oil.

couple things coming up this summer if anyones interested me and Tim are going to the lowbrow get down in Ohio, and the Gypsy run in Jersey

XwalkerX
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
was your bike the one with the window bars? if so i dig the tank and bars :cheersmate:

Matridge
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
anyone here check out shreed and ragan cruise night in nt?? i went a few times so far this year and was surprised of the turnout. a few cool bikes. i seen a 46 indian there 2 weeks ago.

XwalkerX
06-03-2012, 6:06 PM
i havent gone to that since its moved but i remember when it was at thunderdome aka dunn tire raceway and it was filled with nothing but asshats on bikes which made me never want to go back...perhaps its changed with the new location :confused:

backwithabang
06-03-2012, 6:52 PM
I challenge you to find any moto gathering in the buffalo area which isn't filled with asshats riding douchemachines

Roush
06-03-2012, 7:52 PM
I'm located jus southeast of Rochester in the finger lakes area and not much happening here far as get togethers or meets

Branner
06-04-2012, 5:07 AM
Where is it now? The last time I went it was in Niagara Falls.

gigastatt
06-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm located jus southeast of Rochester in the finger lakes area and not much happening here far as get togethers or meets

I live south of Rochester and went to Quaker Steak and Lube in Buffalo. There is a good turn out on Thursday nights. Rochester Quaker Steak gets 400-500 bike weekly on Wed nights. Everything from Weekend Warriors to 1% Clubs and Sportbike Rydazz with $50,000 Hyabusas! Tim

XwalkerX
06-04-2012, 2:23 PM
Where is it now? The last time I went it was in Niagara Falls.

some park in NT

and quaker steak is a decent turnout for bikes but really only a handfull of cool stuff shows up

Matridge
06-04-2012, 2:51 PM
its gratwick park on river road. it isnt the coolest bikes ive seen but a few nice ones. tons of people show up, lots of asshats though. ive been meaning to check out quaker steak cruise night. ive heard they have a decent turn out. one time last year i went to a bike night at a place on sheriden called "hucklebuckets", needless to say i was the only bike that was there. anyone else got any leads on a decent cruise night?

XwalkerX
06-04-2012, 3:06 PM
ive been to the armor tap room cruise night and it wasnt nearly as big as the quaker steak one.

other than that i dont know of any that are more bike oriented.

when i used to go to the S&R event the past few years it was just a bunch of loud civics making a lot of noise. but to be fair i havent gone yet this year so maybe the new location brings a new audience?

Matridge
06-04-2012, 3:28 PM
i have never went to a s&r cruise night til this year so i cant compare it to previous ones. bike wise they had a good turn out, some sweet cars but same ol ones you always see. chopper wise theres not a heck of alot of them there. i wish someplace had a better just bikes night that had a good turnout. im gonna check out quaker on thursday i guess to see whats up.

Roush
06-04-2012, 3:55 PM
I live south of Rochester and went to Quaker Steak and Lube in Buffalo. There is a good turn out on Thursday nights. Rochester Quaker Steak gets 400-500 bike weekly on Wed nights. Everything from Weekend Warriors to 1% Clubs and Sportbike Rydazz with $50,000 Hyabusas! Tim

I've thought about the Rochester quakersteak on wed or the one in syracuse, its the same distance for me either way. Mostly I go to the LogCabin on wed, they get about 100-200 bikes and pretty much the same mix of bikes.

XwalkerX
06-04-2012, 7:44 PM
if my xlch didnt sound like it hits 7k rpm while doing 60mph in 4th gear i would consider riding up to rochester one of these wed...

maybe ill take my triumph?

tattoo2303
06-04-2012, 9:46 PM
I've thought about the Rochester quakersteak on wed or the one in syracuse, its the same distance for me either way. Mostly I go to the LogCabin on wed, they get about 100-200 bikes and pretty much the same mix of bikes.

the best thing about the cabin is watching people leave and really get on it, can honestly say its the only cruise night I've seen where that happens 9 times out of 10

backwithabang
06-04-2012, 10:54 PM
anyone else from the area going up to the Rhinebeck NY show/swap this weekend?

XwalkerX
06-05-2012, 6:38 AM
ugh i have to work all weekend...ill be in albany next weekend of course when there isnt a swap :banghead:

Branner
06-05-2012, 3:53 PM
Had a shitty day and thinking about skipping out of work and riding Friday, anyone interested? Thinking about heading out to Ellicottville.

Roush
06-05-2012, 6:38 PM
the best thing about the cabin is watching people leave and really get on it, can honestly say its the only cruise night I've seen where that happens 9 times out of 10

thats the best part, stand on the hill and watch

backwithabang
06-05-2012, 7:06 PM
No way my bike makes it past hamburg let alone ellicottville

XwalkerX
06-05-2012, 9:16 PM
^ ill second that notion...i rode from north buffalo to north tonawanda and back tonight with a few stops in between. im slowly expanding my comfort zone of how far i want to be from home when this thing does take another shit on me lol

backwithabang
06-05-2012, 9:28 PM
My confidence test is to go down gennesse from downtown to Cheektowaga alone with no tools. I'm definitely not there yet. Too many wiring issues at the moment.

XwalkerX
06-05-2012, 9:39 PM
threw on my new zombie performance mooseknuckle bars today along with my new tail light from lowbrow...but my current issue is i cant seem to get the clutch dialed in right. it feels like its slipping :mad:

http://distilleryimage9.instagram.com/91de232caf5d11e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

backwithabang
06-06-2012, 5:15 AM
Shit man just get some new plates and rip that bastard open and be done with it.

Matridge
06-06-2012, 4:03 PM
those bars are tits man

XwalkerX
06-07-2012, 7:10 AM
thanks man

ill prob be heading to quaker steak a bit early tonight like around 530 cause i wanna be back down to the harbor for against me! at like 730/8

backwithabang
06-07-2012, 8:09 PM
Dude the cult was completely terrible. Not even as good as a cult cover band. And the transgender band? Really the lack of talent carried by catchy vocals surpasses social distortion

Branner
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
thanks man

ill prob be heading to quaker steak a bit early tonight like around 530 cause i wanna be back down to the harbor for against me! at like 730/8

Got there at 8:30 and the place was already cleared out. How was the crowd when you were there?

XwalkerX
06-08-2012, 4:19 AM
quaker steak was packed when i was there between 6 and 730.

then i hit up the harbor hoping to catch against me but they had already played and really had no interest in staying for the cult.

so we rounded up some dudes and hit up the sunday skate spot then rode up to cafe aroma till like 10.

Branner
06-08-2012, 5:58 PM
Haven't been downtown in a long time, what's the skate spot you mentioned? Also, the cafe aroma downtown? What usually gets a lot of bikes?

Makakam
06-09-2012, 9:57 AM
I was hoping to get out this Thursday, but I spent 4 days & 20+ hours repainting my bike this week because it was supposed to rain everyday. I'd love to have a job that I could be that wrong on a regular basis! Finished Thursday, back together yesterday & got to ride with my daughter, smiles ear to ear! Added pics to my profile. Hoping to get out tomorrow. Weather looks great next Thursday, hopefully make it up to Quaker unless there's a better place to meet up?

backwithabang
06-09-2012, 12:37 PM
The skatespot is on an old building platform where they were gonna build the casino. Ride down the street from the malamute bar not far from HSBC arena or whatever it's called now. Just a bunch of cinderblocks glued together with metal edges.

Makakam
06-11-2012, 8:41 AM
Great ride yesterday afternoon up and around Niagara Falls. Anyone headed out this week? Thursday looks good for Quaker

backwithabang
06-11-2012, 9:18 AM
I really need a legal bike that I trust to get me more than 20 miles and back home.

XwalkerX
06-11-2012, 3:21 PM
i may head out to bucks for a bike show and ride this thursday instead of quaker steak...

backwithabang
06-12-2012, 7:11 AM
Hmmm interesting. Perhaps I'll try to get to Bucks that's a fun ride once you get past transit

XwalkerX
06-12-2012, 9:00 AM
yeah man im trying to find a place that will put my new front tire on the speed triple before thurs otherwise i may be stuck taking the ironhead.

backwithabang
06-12-2012, 9:14 AM
Empyre will do it quick in west Seneca. Maybe sikk choppers or whatever that joint is called

XwalkerX
06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
yeah sic choppers is only like 5 miles from my house so im going to shoot over there today after work and hopefully they will be able to do it quick.

backwithabang
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Just avert your eyes from the tribal cut framed bikes with 14 inch wide tires

XwalkerX
06-12-2012, 12:42 PM
ha you must be referring to the "sic" chopper as soon as you walk in with the DNA front springer :eek:

Makakam
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Bob at Teaz cycle on Woodward off Military is excellent and is always quick and reasonably priced. He mounted/balanced 2 for me this year. 875-8195

backwithabang
06-12-2012, 1:10 PM
Or just do it yourself. Tear up your rim pinch 2 tubes and ride with a wobble

Makakam
06-12-2012, 3:29 PM
I've tried. After an hour of aggrevation... I can accept the things I can't do myself. Right tools for the right job. Two big screw drivers and a bigger hammer aren't the right tools. Why is it that bicycle tires are so easy? Sounds like you have experience too?

XwalkerX
06-12-2012, 3:49 PM
i called teaz first and he said he couldnt do it unless i already had the wheel off so i went to sic choppers.

i was in and out within an hour and got an inspection. :cheersmate:

backwithabang
06-12-2012, 4:17 PM
I've tried. After an hour of aggrevation... I can accept the things I can't do myself. Right tools for the right job. Two big screw drivers and a bigger hammer aren't the right tools. Why is it that bicycle tires are so easy? Sounds like you have experience too?

Depends on the tire. Spool 21s are usually easy most of the time. Skinnier 18s and 19s. But stubborn older rubber coming off or fatties like 4.5 or 5.0 are a bitch to get on and seat for me without a lot of work luck and tubes. I have irons but unless it's an emergency it's always going in somewhere

XwalkerX
06-14-2012, 11:57 AM
ill be out on the triumph tonight

:)

backwithabang
06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Dude that thing is a like a group ride to an ice cream stand not a show. My triumph is now on the road but it's gonna take some getting used to before I can lug it around the countryside. I get awesome death wiggles at low speeds. Extended skinny springer is very responsive to the tiniest of movements

XwalkerX
06-14-2012, 1:42 PM
bummer looks like i was misinformed...

backwithabang
06-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey if anyone is looking for a decent chop someone just popped up a 75 xs650 all done up sort of proper. Good year for those. 3500 on cl

NightMoves
06-16-2012, 1:50 PM
Question for you NY boys. How are the motorcycle safety inspections up there for you guys? Do you get flack for no taillights, straightpipes, etc?

Wife and I might be relocating back to her hometown in a year or so and I've never had to get my bike inspected here down south. Has me nervous about all the crap I might have to gather up and put back on for an inspection.

Thanks in advance.

tattoo2303
06-16-2012, 2:42 PM
Yes it is a total pain in the ass, total clusterfuck of wasting a ton of time putting shit on for a 10min $6 inspection just to take it all off when you get home

backwithabang
06-16-2012, 4:04 PM
There are a couple shops you can go to that will overlook directionals on a decent chop. But front brakes unless you are prior to 70 they will catch hell for. I usually have a mini drum set up with no internals and a cable just for show.

As for high low beam shit I have a switch I pop on and just stick the wire end in my headlight bucket. The places I go to wont check that anyway as long as I make it look good.

I also usually only inspect one bike and have em put it on an inspection sticker plate and just switch it around.

Matridge
06-17-2012, 9:00 AM
i brought my bike to inspection and i threw some baffles in just in case and they sad they dont really care about that part. brakes and lights are something else.

Makakam
06-17-2012, 7:52 PM
Guy I go to just wants to see headlight, tail and brake & horn. I've been going so long now all he really wants to see is what new stuff I've fabricated since last year. He didn't check anything this year. I know my bars are close to legal, no turn signals, I built the exhaust so its ok at idle, and vertical plate can be an issue with some pricks. Technically legal in NY. Last Friday the 13th a buddy got a $90 ticket for "altered" exhaust. It was NOT too loud, just altered. State Troopers are total pricks.

backwithabang
06-17-2012, 8:03 PM
This year I'm totally fucking the inspection. Cheaper to pay the fine not to have one then all the shit they can nail me for if I had a sticker.

With that said I took my unregistered, non plated ironhead out today for a test run. And it passed with flying colors. At about 75-80 mph on the 190 right when I had to hug the bike and my asshole puckered up enough to crush a diamond. Parts started falling off. That's what I would figure with a rigid frame and motocross tires. All is well

Makakam
06-18-2012, 9:42 AM
I totally don't get the whole motocross tire on the street thing, but I have a good 21" on a 36 spoke aluminum rim. You can have if you want it? It will lace up to your xs650s most likely.

backwithabang
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I appreciate the offer. But I chose the motocross because I had it sitting here brand new. I do have an Avon I could run too but it looks shitty on the bike. It's not bad unless you are turning on those metal stantions on the thruway ramps. Then you get some slip

JEFFDOJ
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey if anyone is looking for a decent chop someone just popped up a 75 xs650 all done up sort of proper. Good year for those. 3500 on cl

I yanked that, couldn't let it go.

backwithabang
06-19-2012, 9:30 AM
I just saw that fucking thing sitting outside a bar on hertel over the weekend

Makakam
06-19-2012, 9:30 AM
Bike looks great. Did you do the work? I can see why you didn't want to let it go.

backwithabang
06-19-2012, 9:48 AM
You can pawn that bike off to a mustached tight jeaned hipster in brooklyn for at least 5 easy

XwalkerX
06-19-2012, 2:58 PM
^

hahahaha

100% true

Matridge
06-19-2012, 3:34 PM
thats a nice ride jeffdoj, good work if you did it yourself

JEFFDOJ
06-20-2012, 1:33 PM
thats a nice ride jeffdoj, good work if you did it yourself
Bike looks great. Did you do the work? I can see why you didn't want to let it go

Yep, this is pretty much all me except for the exhaust. Thanks for the props.

I just saw that fucking thing sitting outside a bar on hertel over the weekend

That wasn't me, I wanna see what you saw. I saw a brown Trumpet on Elmwood once though.

backwithabang
06-20-2012, 5:27 PM
I think it was at geckos and that's usually a haven for chromed out stock evos owned by dudes whose idea of customizing their bikes is buying a set of 60 dollar spiked chrome bolts for their license plates. So I noticed it. I saw it was short long and had a similar tank. But i was sort of flying so I didn't get a good look.

I know the broad who owns the hair salon on hertel drives an old triumph in very nice condition and there's a shittier xs chop always at the head shop near Virgil. Other than that there's a tiny Honda cafe with a molded tank i see a lot. I keep tabs on things in my hood

Makakam
06-20-2012, 7:04 PM
Headed out for a ride tonite. Anyone out riding?

backwithabang
06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Soon my man, my ironhead will be legal by the end of the week. And my triumph is almost able to be ridden without certain death. We should all meet up. A 33'ers night weekly

tattoo2303
06-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Id definitely take the ride out

Matridge
06-21-2012, 4:41 AM
too bad i didnt see your post last night, i went out riding all night. awesome weather for a night ride.

Makakam
06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Was a great nite for a ride! 33ers nite out sounds good. There's starting to be a bunch of us between Buffalo & Rochester. What works for you guys? I have young kids, so after 9pm is best. I could probably work out a weekend all day-er with some lead time.

backwithabang
06-21-2012, 4:30 PM
Man I don't do anything but work, fix my broken bikes and play hockey. I'm open

tattoo2303
06-22-2012, 4:37 PM
I'm riding out to the lowbrow camping thing the 14th riding home the 15th if anyone is interested

kaaos82
06-22-2012, 4:50 PM
I'm riding out to the lowbrow camping thing the 14th riding home the 15th if anyone is interested

Im down, Ill be back from my coast to coast excursion by then....wooo

Makakam
06-22-2012, 6:15 PM
I've been planning on it. When will you be rolling through Buffalo on the way there? There are a bunch of guys from chop cult that are close by there that I've been trying to get together with for a while now. They said its going to be a good time.

Maxxvr
06-22-2012, 10:19 PM
what up guys. finally joined up thanks to XwalkerX.
Im down to ride next week as soon as i get my bike back together

Branner
06-23-2012, 6:26 AM
Man I don't do anything but work, fix my broken bikes and play hockey. I'm open

Ice? Where do you play?

I'm also in for a 33 ride. That is, if you all don't mind riding with a Softail rider...

Matridge
06-23-2012, 6:59 AM
im also down for a 33 ride and i dont mind riding with a softtail, any day is probally cool but if i was to pick a day i would say thursdays are good and sundays, but whatever is best is fine

tattoo2303
06-23-2012, 7:51 AM
sundays are best for me too

XwalkerX
06-23-2012, 8:17 AM
my schedule is all over the place since im on swingshift so im down to meet up whenever i can

backwithabang
06-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Ice? Where do you play?

I'm also in for a 33 ride. That is, if you all don't mind riding with a Softail rider...

I'm usually playing holiday/leisure leagues. But in the winter I'm all over. Lincoln, west Seneca, depew, anywhere theres open ice

Matridge
06-23-2012, 1:07 PM
anyone here been too , or know anything about the niagara county fairgrounds swap meet. it looks like a car event but was wondering if any motorcycle stuff for sale at the swap? it goes on today and tomarrow.

backwithabang
06-23-2012, 5:34 PM
I'd like to go to a swap around here that isn't just bad leather goods, saddlebags, and stickers

Maxxvr
06-23-2012, 6:35 PM
anyone here been too , or know anything about the niagara county fairgrounds swap meet. it looks like a car event but was wondering if any motorcycle stuff for sale at the swap? it goes on today and tomarrow.

went today.
picked up a chrome starter for my dads flh for $20.
bought some old black housing, yellow lens fogs im gonna turn one into a headlight.
some brake and clutch levers real cheap, and some fx shocks for another one of my dads bikes

just check the lights, they both work!

Matridge
06-23-2012, 7:56 PM
so it sounds pretty decent, worth the 7 bucks i take it. ill check it out i guess. even some cool old car stuff can be modified for a bike.

Matridge
06-24-2012, 2:57 PM
went to the swap today at the niagara fairgrounds, decent stuff, picked up a helmet and a deer skull. good chicken dinners and no shitty leather, i only saw one booth with stickers. saw an awesome original harley springer the guy wouldnt take any less than 600 for. a few gas tanks, all in all it was better than i thought it would be.

backwithabang
06-24-2012, 7:41 PM
Dude 600 for an original Harley springer is like trading 600 for 1200 bucks on eBay. Too bad you couldn't have snagged that

Matridge
06-25-2012, 5:01 AM
i really wanted it but i dont have that kinda money, my ol lady said why would anyone pay that it had some rust on it and i said i could sell it for an easy grand and she was shocked. it had a 1974 inspection sticker

Matridge
06-25-2012, 2:58 PM
it also had old z bars and the front rim with a dry rotted tire, not too rusty
:(

backwithabang
06-26-2012, 2:03 PM
I prefer rusty. I actually burn and let things rust. Shit if I won a new Harley in a raffle I'd show up with some krylon, a blowtorch, and some brake fluid to polish the chrome with

Matridge
06-27-2012, 3:54 PM
if i won a new harley id sell it and buy an old one and party my ass off with the leftover money, but i like your idea too hahaha

Makakam
06-27-2012, 4:22 PM
I've spent several years getting rid of chrome and making my own parts. The only original parts left are the frame, tranny and bottom of the motor. Although, Backwithabang still says it way too nice LOL! I like the fabricating parts, painting, etc almost as much as riding. I cut 2" off my bars this morning. They were still too wide. Gotta make it your own.

Matridge
06-27-2012, 7:50 PM
ive been learning metal shaping in my basement, i want to make all my own tins for my bike, its pretty stock compared to what alot of the guys on here have, besides i painted it and put some bolt on replacement parts on it. 4 years ago i knew nothing about bikes really, the first year i just bought a bunch of crap that said harley on it, but im learing now how rewarding it is to make stuff on my own, i just need to make it good enough to put on a bike. that why i like this website, very inspirational.

backwithabang
06-27-2012, 9:13 PM
Ok. I challenge anyone in wny to a "shit off".

Beat this tank and maybe you have a chance

http://img.tapatalk.com/a68958a0-cbdf-489d.jpg

Makakam
06-28-2012, 6:40 AM
Like I said, you have to make it your own. I'd have to say, you win! I like making my own stuff. Completely admit that its not "professionally" done, but its great when someone asks who did it and you can say "I did". Better yet, it doesn't look like every other bike in the lot with thousands in bolt-ons.

backwithabang
06-28-2012, 7:40 AM
Some call it genius, some call it shit. I call it getting around lack of experience, money, and talent

JEFFDOJ
06-28-2012, 9:07 AM
Some call it genius, some call it shit. I call it getting around lack of experience, money, and talent

I think it takes a lot of talent. I like it when someone comes up and says "its not my thing, but i really appreciate the amount of work you put into it", so I try to do the same thing.

Paying it forward in compliments, a real bro moment.

Makakam
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Ron Finch is a genius. I don't care for his stuff personally. There is tons of styles. Someone is always going to be more "period correct" or or better than whatever you have. I'm ok with that. I rode my xs650 this week. The thing is a blast and was all I could afford years ago. I hate to sell it, but its time. I always appreciate good work, regardless of style.I can't stand when guys have shitty design, poorly executed death traps that are seconds away from a catastrophic failure. My Triumph ate homemade parts on a regular basis. It was a great learning experience and improved my ability to design better parts. I love my EVO. Its heavier, faster and I can go 500-1000 mile and NOTHING breaks! Someday I'd love to have a Pan or Shovel, I just don't want to fix shit every time I go out.

backwithabang
06-28-2012, 1:21 PM
I really like that xs you have. If you have it next month still maybe we can work something out. I need something to buzz around with suspension and parts not falling off

Matridge
06-29-2012, 2:40 PM
anyone on here into hardcore? going to agnostic front in rochester tonight? ill be there.

backwithabang
06-29-2012, 3:17 PM
I was... Then about 6 months ago I was playing a show at the funeral home In old ghosts and I looked up and saw kids staring at me and then I saw guys in their 30s with me on stage and just had an epiphany. I'm now "that old dude".
I quit after that show and now sear allegiance only to metal

Makakam
06-29-2012, 3:57 PM
I know what you're saying. My oldest just graduated High School last week and my third kid turned 13 today. My youngest will be in Kindergarten in the fall. Hard to admit... I'm becoming the old guy.

BTW... I really hope the xs650 is sold, but if its not we can work something out.

backwithabang
06-29-2012, 4:55 PM
Actually at an af show you will be among the middle aged crowd. I saw screeching weasel last year in Toronto and I may have been one of the youngest

Makakam
06-30-2012, 3:54 PM
Had a meeting in Batavia today. Bombed there & back on the 90. Holy headwind Batman on the way back. 40 min arm and ab workout just hanging on at 80mph.

Anyone interested in going to the Lowbrow Getdown July 14-15 in Ohio?
http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/newsletters/images/getdown-2012-flier.jpg

I was thinking of leaving Buffalo early afternoon Saturday (its about 4 hours from here depending on how you go), hang out, party, camp, head back Sunday morning (possibly early or late depending on what my kids have going?).

backwithabang
06-30-2012, 7:02 PM
I'd love to go, let me see how my triumph is doing after a week of use and maybe I'll roll the dice and try to bring it

This is the beast as is

http://img.tapatalk.com/43fca30b-aa11-41ac.jpg

Makakam
07-01-2012, 8:48 PM
Trump looks sweet! Is that the same bike that got burned up in your garage last month? If it is... impressive recover to say the least!

We went up through Olcott, Youngstown, Lewistion and back today. Blew out a headlight and I've been hearing a strange noise from my front end for a week, figured out it was my upper springer shock bushing... which is currently gone. Off to Teaz for parts tomorrow.

Hope you get some smooth miles in this week.

backwithabang
07-01-2012, 9:49 PM
Yea same bike. I just cleaned and regasketed the engine, quick strip and Rattlecan to the frame. And scrubbed te shit out of any "chrome" I had. New tank from a swap, new coil on the mag, wires, fuel lines, ect.

Took it out today for about 20 miles Hated the baffles at high speeds so I ripped em out. Now I can't hear so well but it runs better.

Lost my top engine mount and my clutch adjuster along the way. Limped
It home with a pen cap I found on the side of the road and some
Duct tape. Otherwise it went pretty good

gigastatt
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Had a meeting in Batavia today. Bombed there & back on the 90. Holy headwind Batman on the way back. 40 min arm and ab workout just hanging on at 80mph.

Anyone interested in going to the Lowbrow Getdown July 14-15 in Ohio?
http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/newsletters/images/getdown-2012-flier.jpg

I was thinking of leaving Buffalo early afternoon Saturday (its about 4 hours from here depending on how you go), hang out, party, camp, head back Sunday morning (possibly early or late depending on what my kids have going?).

I will be heading out Saturday morning for the Getdown we will do some 2 lane with some interstate thrown in for good measure. PM me for more details. Tim

backwithabang
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm unable to achieve speeds past 65 because apparently my mikuni vm float bowls are too small to accommodate my steroided triumph. I'm working on that though

gigastatt
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm unable to achieve speeds past 65 because apparently my mikuni vm float bowls are too small to accommodate my steroided triumph. I'm working on that though

Usually when that happens the flow is not enough from the petcock to the carb or the float height is set too low. Tim

Makakam
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
do you have a Mapquest link for your route?

backwithabang
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Im thinking it's my 40 year old gas cap

gigastatt
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
do you have a Mapquest link for your route?

No stinkin map quest route. We just point the bike west and ride. I have been to Nelson Ledges Quarry before and it is not too hard to get to. We mix up route there and back home not to get too bored riding.

Tim

gigastatt
07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Im thinking it's my 40 year old gas cap

it may be that also. Tim

Matridge
07-07-2012, 7:47 AM
I was... Then about 6 months ago I was playing a show at the funeral home In old ghosts and I looked up and saw kids staring at me and then I saw guys in their 30s with me on stage and just had an epiphany. I'm now "that old dude".
I quit after that show and now sear allegiance only to metal

my wifes ex is in that band, they are opening for sheer terror later this month too.

backwithabang
07-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Yup I know. I agreed to play it before I quit.

Matridge
07-07-2012, 2:44 PM
Yup I know. I agreed to play it before I quit.

see ya there then

backwithabang
07-07-2012, 6:09 PM
Ha, no I agreed to it. But Only of they couldn't get someone ready by then. Jeremy the hutt found someone and they are good to go

Matridge
07-10-2012, 6:53 AM
anyone riding to port dover friday the 13th?

backwithabang
07-10-2012, 9:18 AM
Walker just was given a gift from the motogods of a nice pan. I bet he is up for a ride

gigastatt
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
anyone riding to port dover friday the 13th?

We are heading to Ohio for the Lowbrow Getdown instead this year. Say hello to the Troopers at the road blocks at the Peace Bridge for me! Tim

Matridge
07-12-2012, 6:58 PM
eh, im not gonna go to port dover this time around, i wish i had the weekend free, id love to ride to ohio.

XwalkerX
07-12-2012, 7:30 PM
Walker just was given a gift from the motogods of a nice pan. I bet he is up for a ride

this is quite true...and becuase of it the XLCH is up for grabs

in case you dont surf the classifieds here is the link...

http://www.chopcult.com/XwalkerX/classifieds/34257/

Matridge
07-13-2012, 6:13 AM
well lets see the 55 pan then. i would love to have a 59 sporty but my funds are all tied up for a while, at least til october.

XwalkerX
07-14-2012, 7:11 AM
here it is

:clap for you: